What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Acer's Top 100 Hardcore Songs of all Time: Top 10 Time. Drumroll (1 Viewer)

AcerFC

Footballguy
Ok, since everyone is doing lists, I thought I would try my hand at one. 

Before we get started, I want to let everyone know that this is a list of favorite songs of mine. As such, I am sure there will be a lot of people who dont agree. That is OK. That is what makes the world go round. 

I will be honest and say that songs in the 100-70 range are based on me thinking, hey I remember I liked that song back in the day. I did not relisten to every single CD. So there could conceivably be better songs on the same album but Im basing it on my memory. This happens far less as we get to albums I remember (69‐1)

I also did something a bit different. i didnt want the list to be monopolized by a few bands so I chose 1 song from each band making this Acers top 100 songs by 100 different bands list. 

Ill get started in a bit. Took the day off and need to go get the list. 

Get ready to windmill, pick up change, floorpunch, wheelbarrow, pizza toss, mosh, circle pit and wall of death it up in here. 

100 Bulldoze- Beatdown

99 Biohazard- We're only gonna die

98 Earth Crisis- Ecocide

97 Leeway- Be Loud

96 All Out War- Burning Season

95 Every Time I Die- The coin has a Say

94 Terror- Never Alone

93 Paint it Black- CVA

92 Good Riddance- Salt

91 Creep Division- Creep Division

90 OS101- 315

89 The Mob- Fight for your right

88 Skarhead- DMS

87 Sheer Terror- Here to Stay

86 F Minus- Tomorrow Burns

85 The Force- Locked In

84 Parkway Drive- Boneyards

83 Crown of Thornz- Juggernaut

82 Marauder- Master Killer 

81 Hazen Street- Back Home

80 Cause for Alarm- Time to try

79 District 9- Payback

78- SOA- Blackout

77 Floorpunch- No Exceptions

76 SS Decontrol- Fight Them

75 Mouthpiece- Face Tomorrow

74 Heckle- Ashes

73 Unwritten Law- WW 3

72 Judge- NY Crew

71 Side by Side- The time is now

70 Blood for Blood- Love Song

69 Battery- That'll never be Me

68 Reagan Youth- Reagan Youth

67 Burn- Shall Be Judged

66 Verbal Assault- Trial

65 Lifetime- Turnpike Gates

64 The Nerve Agents- Carpe Diem

63 Trial- For the Kids

62 Beastie Boys- Egg Raid on Mojo

61 Uniform Change- Screaming for a Change

60 Bold- Running Like Thieves

59 Ten Yard Fight- Where I Stand

58 Inside Out- Burning Fight

57 Chain of Strength- True til Death

56 No Redeeming Social Value- New 64

55 Indecision- Hallowed Be Thy Name

54 Shelter- Empathy

53 Government Issue- Beyond

52 Bane- All the way Through

51 CIV- Cant Wait One Minute More

50 Shutdown- Few and Far Between

49 Warzone- Dont forget the struggle, dont forget the streets

48 Subzero- MRP

47 E Town Concrete- End of the Rainbow

46 Slapshot- Old Tyme Hardcore

45 Inhuman- My Dedication

44 Killing Time- Fools Die

43 Farenheit 451- Fragments of Reality

42 Redemption 87- Rumor Mill

41 25 Ta Life- Turning Point

40 Better Than a Thousand- Sunshine

39 98 Mute- Another Boring Day

38 Madball- Pride 

37 Downset- Empower

36 American Standard- Away

35 Circle Jerks- Deny Everything

34 Pennywise- Every Single Day

33 Murphys Law- Crucial BBQ

32 Bad Religion- Along The Way

31 In My Eyes- The Way it was Left

30 Dead Kennedys- Nazi Punks #### off

29 Kid Dynamite- K05-0564

28 Kill Your Idols- Cant Take it Away

27 Hatebreed- Not one Truth

26 Helmet- Unsung

25 Ensign- Day by Day

24 By the Grace of God- Boy and the River

23 Ignite- Call on my Brothers

22 Black Flag- Nervous Breakdown

21 Token Entry- The Edge

20 Strife- Through and Through

19 Comeback Kid- Wake The Dead

18 H2O- Guilty By Association

17 VOD- DTO

16 Rise Against- Life less Frightning

15 Descendants- Hope

14 AFI- Kill Caustic 

13 7 Seconds- Young Til I Die

12 Bad Brains- I against I

11 Youth of Today- Slow Down

10 Misfits- All Hell Breaks Loose

9 Snapcase- Caboose

8 Underdog- Back to Back

7 Sick of it All- Scratch the Surface

6 Gorilla Biscuits- New Direction

5 Agnostic Front- Gotta Go

4 Dag Nasty- Values Here

3 Minor Threat- Betray

2 Cro Mags- We gotta Know

1 Refused- New Noise

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to make a spotify playlist and an Amazon music playlist. I will post each when Im done

*as long as you can post an amazon playlist. Never tried before so......

You can tell it's the football offseason. The FFA is going to be all music and end of the world virus threads.

Great, cant wait to hear which bands you dont classify as hardcore. 
nah, my notebook says that you are a passionate and knowledgeable fan of this beloved genre ... you also don't live on this ####### board with 200 posts a day,  nor do you #### lists out like hot n' cold running dysentery, like certain others ...

ergo, i know i'm in for troof and depth and goodness here, much like the Bowie countdown (and i'm sure the Rush one is equally as stellar, but i loathe that band, so, there ya go).

100 Bulldoze- Beatdown

Bulldoze is a band that was a staple in the DIY shows in the mid 90s in NYC. Interesting tidbit is that Kevin, the lead singer went to elementary school with my brother and sister in law. I remember they had a benefit concert for him to raise funds for a lawyer because he beat the snot out of some kid and went to prison. I asked my brother in law if he remembered him. He said yes, but that he thinks he dropped out of school. Didnt surprise me. 

The band itself is not very memorable though so they are the first band on the list at 100

100 Bulldoze- Beatdown

Bulldoze is a band that was a staple in the DIY shows in the mid 90s in NYC. Interesting tidbit is that Kevin, the lead singer went to elementary school with my brother and sister in law. I remember they had a benefit concert for him to raise funds for a lawyer because he beat the snot out of some kid and went to prison. I asked my brother in law if he remembered him. He said yes, but that he thinks he dropped out of school. Didnt surprise me. 

The band itself is not very memorable though so they are the first band on the list at 100
woahwoahWOAH ... trash/nu metal to kick it off?

AYFKM???  

i kid, i kid  :lol:

woahwoahWOAH ... trash/nu metal to kick it off?

AYFKM???  

i kid, i kid  :lol:
Interstingly enough, while I was compiling my list, I saw a bunch of different genres linked to different bands. In the 90s, it was just hardcore and metal/thrash. 

Some songs will have some crossover. And there are a few I picked that arent from traditional hardcore bands but I felt fit the countdown. 

Hey, its my list so I have to be happy with it, lolz

99 Biohazard- We're only gonna die

This is the only cover song that I plan on including (at least that I know of. Until Tim posted the metro in new wave countdown, I didnt know Alkaline Trio covered it)

Biohazard was a Brooklyn band who was already on the scene when I got into it. They are OK. More memorable for making songs with Onyx than anything else. 

I was at a Social Distortion show at Irving Plaza and Evan was married to Tera Patrick at the time. they werw both there and all I can say is wow. Stood next to her for a second. very good looking girl. 

98 Earth Crisis- Ecocide

The first of a few Victory records bands. I just never got Earth Crisis and as a result, they fall here while the other victory guys are much much higher (spoiler alert, sorry)

I probably didnt like them bc of their lead singer Karl. Just too militant for me and he seemed like a doosh. Probably a great guy, but young Acer was not a fan after seeing interviews. Who knows where I saw those interviews since the Internet wasnt even a thing back then. 

Coming over from Tim's thread, I need to know what constitutes hardcore.  Does Aerosmith count?

I was at a Social Distortion show at Irving Plaza and Evan was married to Tera Patrick at the time. they werw both there and all I can say is wow. Stood next to her for a second. very good looking girl. 
A bunch of years ago on VH1,  there was that reality supergroup with Evan, Sebastian Bach, Ted Nugent, Scott Ian and Jason Bonham called Damnocracy. The band wasn’t very good, but there was a lot of gratuitous footage of Tera.

A bunch of years ago on VH1,  there was that reality supergroup with Evan, Sebastian Bach, Ted Nugent, Scott Ian and Jason Bonham called Damnocracy. The band wasn’t very good, but there was a lot of gratuitous footage of Tera.
I remember that. Might have been how I knew who she was (wink)

Probably 

their first 4 albums have like 8 tracks each, mix in some of the best from Metallica, load, reload and Garage Inc and 50 seems like a reasonable number

none of the newer stuff would make my list 
I thought their last album was phenomenal. :shrug:

My friend used to work (write for) Rolling Stone occasionally. He knew Evan Seinfeld and his girlfriend. Her thoughts on getting a star tattoo?

"Because I'm a star!"

Oh. Well then. Anyway, carry on. Definitely going to look in on this time to time. Sad news, though: I heard some nervous , twitchy kid in Torrington, CT got beat up to song number #98 as it was listed. 

Instead of stringing you along in a thread that you are not into, Ill tell you now that Suicidal didnt make the list. 

I dont really consider them hardcore AND, I am not really into them. Ive tried, just not into it. 
Crossover '87-'89 rulez.

Nice thread. It's gonna rock my balls off.

If my wife ever releases them from her clenched fist...

saintfool said:
if this list doesn't culminate with the anointing of this particular song as the *greatest* hardcore song - if not the greatest among all genres, really - then you're not right in the head. You may also be running low on amphetamines too but whatever...
I loooove me some Motorhead,  but they're not hardcore. Metal definitely,  lots of punk sensibility and crossover appeal,  even a few fantastic poppy ballads, but not hardcore.

97 Leeway- Be Loud

Definitely one of those crossover bands. Are they thrash, are the HC?

Despite being active during my time in the scene, Leeway is a band I never went to see live. A quick look on youtube shows that they are still playing. So I still have a shot. 

96 All Out War- Burning Season

These guys are from about 20 minutes from where I live now. About 50 from where I grew up. I have seen many shows in Newburgh and these guys blew the place up. The shows were put on in a skate park. Not the only skate park Ive seen shows in. Another Victory band, but not one of my favorites. 

95 Every Time I Die- The coin has a Say

There are very few newer bands on the list. The only place I really hear new bands these days are on Liquid Metal on Sirius. Then I go listen to their full albums and am usually disappointed. 

I found out about these guys from Violent Gentleman Hockey Club. They are hardcore guys who like hockey and make hardcore looking hockey gear. Right up my alley. Anyway, they did a collab with these guys. 

Good band. Have not listened to their full discography but liked this song enough to throw it on the list. 

93 Paint it Black- CVA

Philly hardcore from a band that has members in other bands on the list. Obviously, the other bands rank higher. 

92 Good Riddance- Salt

Good Riddance is from California. Very different than the east coast hardcore we have had so far (and Terror from California). Good riddance is more melodic. 

Plus, Russ Rankin is awesome. He is a hockey scout by day and punk rocker by night. 

I saw Good Riddance with 3 other bands that appear in this countdown in a garage in NJ. Not a club called the garage. An actual car garage. Ill write more about it as we introduce some of the other bands there that night. 

91 Creep Division- Creep Division

Saw these guys at the same show as Good Riddance in the garage. The last band I remember seeing that night has a long way to go since they come in at 14. 

Creep Divison was a side band for all these guys. Just meant to be a fun offshoot. And they were. 

ETA: I left one band out and it is funny bc it was that bands garage

88 Skarhead- DMS

Lord Ezec was one of those guys that everyone knew. And he scared the #### out of me. The DMS crew was the one group of guys I stayed away from. Years later, I went to see a Barcelona FC game with Mitts who was in skarhead. Great guy. Many of the Skarhead guys were from other bands which rank higher. 

HFS where did this thread come from?  IN!

P.S. this a great way to be.....

.( •_•)>⌐■-■

Killing Time

.(⌐■_■)

98 Earth Crisis- Ecocide

The first of a few Victory records bands. I just never got Earth Crisis and as a result, they fall here while the other victory guys are much much higher (spoiler alert, sorry)

I probably didnt like them bc of their lead singer Karl. Just too militant for me and he seemed like a doosh. Probably a great guy, but young Acer was not a fan after seeing interviews. Who knows where I saw those interviews since the Internet wasnt even a thing back then. 
P.S. I feel like the pick was made specifically to troll me :hot:  

Users who are viewing this thread