What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A.Foster playoff owners....concerned? (1 Viewer)

death of the cool

Footballguy
After watching the past few Texan games, its pretty clear that the Texans are beginning to take their foot off the pedal with Foster, and this is before they have even clinched anything.

yesterday it was the 3rd quarter, and I looked up and Foster had 9 carries. Forsett was getting plenty of work and even Tate saw some action. Foster has been getting saved because he has been scoring TD's, but his workload has hit a rather significant decrease. Even when he is in there the last few weeks, the Texans have been running playaction more than any team I can remember.

What are you Foster owners doing? I own Tate, but now I fear that if Foster sits we will see a Forsett/Tate time share which could be the death of one of our major chips to get us to the superbowl.

We really need a Patriots win this week against the Texans with a Broncos win over Oakland to put a little pressure on this team getting the bye.

I would be concerned as they only have 1 loss and sitting players in weeks 16 and 17 is certainly a possibility, at least sitting large chunks of the game.

Why would Houston run Foster into the ground when they can burn Forsett and Tate up? They'll run Foster some just to keep the rust off but Houston players in championship weeks are going to be a fantasy owners nightmare IMO. Foster, Johnson and Schaub owners should have been rooting for Jax and Detroit in those overtime victories recently.

I think New England is going to win next weekend, so Houston will probably not be able to rest their players as much. Unless Joseph is back at corner, Houston is going to be rolling against Tom Brady with their #2, #5 and #6 cornerbacks. Kareem Jackson has turned into a capable starter, but the other two are 2nd year and haven't had much game experience.

Which if that happens, Houston would only be a half game up on New England and 1.5 games up on Baltimore and Denver (with those two having to play each other still). And if the Colts win this week, Houston would only be 2 games up on them with having to play them twice still.

So... I tend to think if they get rested it won't be until the very end of the season. If they do reach games that are meaningless for them.. I could see Foster and Tate getting a little bit of keep-them-fresh work, and then Forsett and David Grimes getting the bulk of the work load.

Last edited by a moderator:
The season has been shaping up for this exact scenario to happen and we all saw it coming.... He needs rest for this team to make a deep run. I wasn't able to acquire Tate and could never see myself starting Forsett in a meaningful FF playoff game. Have Richardson, Spiller, Rodgers, Bryce Brown, and Vereen to get me through. Planning to go with Foster week 14.

I'm praying for a New England win. That'll be the win that saves Foster owners heading into the playoffs.

Got both Forsett and Tate in case. They ain't Foster but they should still get RB2 numbers behind that line. I'll take that over anybody I could find on the WW at that point.

I'm praying for a New England win. That'll be the win that saves Foster owners heading into the playoffs.
This has to happen for Foster owners to use him confidently in the playoffs. . I do think forsett is the number 2 rb though. ..

Big day today.

29 yards.

0 TDs.

1 irregular heartbeat.
No one could predict that.
Predict what... that he's not a gamer?
After a slow start, Texans running back Arian Foster left the team's game vs. the Vikings in the third quarter Sunday with what is believed to be an irregular heartbeat. Before leaving he struggled to make plays, gaining 12 yards on eight carries and catching two passes for 14 yards. He also lost a fumble in the first half. "I'll be fine. I'll be OK," Foster said according to the official team website. "It's a very minor situation, so I'll be OK."

Big day today.

29 yards.

0 TDs.

1 irregular heartbeat.
No one could predict that.
Predict what... that he's not a gamer?
Yah...like taking the advice of the medical staff and obeying the dictates of your coach has anything to do with being "a gamer."
What "advice" would that be?
Kubiak said that doctors actually gave Foster the green light to go back in the game, but the Texans were getting whipped and he didn't see the need to.
Think Adrian Peterson or Tom Brady would sit there on the sidelines if they were cleared to go back in?

Think Adrian Peterson or Tom Brady would sit there on the sidelines if they were cleared to go back in?
I think if Belichick put his foot down, no, Brady would not go back in the game.Oh, and Peterson sat out the end of the game with a sore belly while it was still just a 2 possession game....I guess he's a wuss too.

I think if Belichick put his foot down, no, Brady would not go back in the game.Oh, and Peterson sat out the end of the game with a sore belly while it was still just a 2 possession game....I guess he's a wuss too.
Was that the official diagnosis?
Yes.Way to avoid the original point. Peterson and Foster both sat out the end of the game, I'm still curious about what exactly makes Peterson a gamer and Foster a scrub.

Also exactly when was we finally "cleared" to go back in? Was he cleared but he could risk a relapse with stress? or he was cleared and there wasn't going to be an issue?

Yes.Way to avoid the original point. Peterson and Foster both sat out the end of the game, I'm still curious about what exactly makes Peterson a gamer and Foster a scrub.
Peterson, 25 carries. Foster, 10 carries.Try again.

Oh, so I guess Arian Foster calls the plays and decides when to insert himself into the game.

Oh, so I guess Arian Foster calls the plays and decides when to insert himself into the game.
Yah, it was pretty clear that Kubiak made the call not to put him in.

Not going to fault a guy for an irregular heartbeat. Good season Arian. Probably won't be able to get you next year since I can't keep you anymore.

from rotoCoach Leslie Frazier said Adrian Peterson was rested late in Sunday's win over the Texans due to a sore abdomen.Those wondering why Peterson wasn't in the game as the Vikings nursed a 16-6 lead with around five minutes remaining have their answer. It's an issue that bothered Peterson some during last week,

from rotoCoach Leslie Frazier said Adrian Peterson was rested late in Sunday's win over the Texans due to a sore abdomen.Those wondering why Peterson wasn't in the game as the Vikings nursed a 16-6 lead with around five minutes remaining have their answer. It's an issue that bothered Peterson some during last week
Leaving with 5 minutes left in the game with a 10-point lead and leaving early in the 3rd while getting drubbed at home by an 8-point underdog are not remotely similar occurrences.Good effort though.

I hope the Texans lose next week so that they have to play a game in Denver or in New England and get crushed....

Let's see if you are as casual with your pro-bowl running back next year. Stupid Kubiak.

Full disclosure: I love the dude. Wish I had the chance to draft him this year even though he broke everyone's heart today.

Users who are viewing this thread