What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2QB Dyno question (1 Viewer)

xpiredcoupon

Footballguy
Rank these trade offer opportunities:

This is for a 2QB dyno that I am. I am the defending champ but I am trying to trade away Julio/AJ Green a year or 2 early before it is a year or 2 late. Would you do any of the trades listed (1, 2 or all 3) or would you pass because DHOP is just that unmovable of a player. Rosters and starting lineup requirements are as listed below:

PPR: 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1RWT FLEX

My Roster:

QB: Cam Newton, Jimmy Garoppalo, Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton

RB: Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, Jerrick McKinnon, Mark Ingram, Kenyon Drake, Duke Johnson

WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Mike Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Josh Doctson, Mike Wallace (soon to be cut)

TE: Jimmy Graham, David Njoku

His Roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Case Keenum, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler (probably being cut but not if he comes back because oddly enough he is a big Jay Cutler fanboy)

RB: Devonta Freeman, Isiah Crowell, Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin, Orleans Darkwa, Mike Davis, Peyton Barber, Tion Green (kind of weak at RB)

WR: Deandre Hopkins, Adam Theilen, Larry Fitzgerald, Jamison Crowder,  Nelson Agholer, Rishard Matthews, Trent Taylor

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Jack Doyle

Offer Idea #1: Julio Jones and AJ Green for Deandre Hopkins 

My impression is that he is aware that Julio and AJ are getting older but this is still a strong offer. He is ok at WR and needs help at RB so I would like it if he would warm up to offers such as:

Offer Idea #2: AJ Green, Christian McCaffery, and Andy Dalton for Deandre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald 

Realistically I would do this without Larry but if I could get him as a throw in I would be very happy with that as I still expect Larry to have a top 16 season this year.

Offer Idea #3: Julio Jones and Jerrick McKinnon OR Kenyon Drake for Deandre Hopkins

Any thoughts on any of these 3 trades OR if you have a better offer I should send I would greatly appreciate. PLEASE leave your links for your questions if you have any as well. It is early enough in the offseason before draft season that I think we can help each other out with DYNO help.

THANKS!

Offer 3 is my favorite. Due to the lineup you can set, I like moving 1 non starting RB and a WR. I doubt he will buy Julio and Drake, but Julio and McKinnon is a maybe. 

No way I do Offer #1.  That is too much to give up.  Jones and AJG are still top WR's and expect them to stay for a couple more years at least. 

Offer #2 is good for you but I doubt he takes it. 

Offer #3 is also good for you if it is Drake.  I wouldn't hesitate to give up McKinnon but I think he is line for a big year.  I wouldn't fault you for doing the deal but I wouldn't do it.

Gally said:
No way I do Offer #1.  That is too much to give up.  Jones and AJG are still top WR's and expect them to stay for a couple more years at least. 

Offer #2 is good for you but I doubt he takes it. 

Offer #3 is also good for you if it is Drake.  I wouldn't hesitate to give up McKinnon but I think he is line for a big year.  I wouldn't fault you for doing the deal but I wouldn't do it.
I like the idea of moving a player a year early rather than a year late because of players values falling off a cliff. nuk is 5 years younger than those guys with a stud young qb at the helm. Do I really want to trade away julio and aj who just helped me win a championship? Not particularly but I see Nuk or Odell as a right price type player to justify a move like that.

I like the idea of moving a player a year early rather than a year late because of players values falling off a cliff. nuk is 5 years younger than those guys with a stud young qb at the helm. Do I really want to trade away julio and aj who just helped me win a championship? Not particularly but I see Nuk or Odell as a right price type player to justify a move like that.
The point is to win and I think that trade would hurt your team for the next couple years.  I understand the concept of trading a piece a year earlier than later but Wr's hold their value better than most positions.  I also don't see these two guys at the end of there usefullness.

Offer #1 is flat out a terrible trade for you. 

Offer #2 is a good trade but only because of your depth. He's getting better overall value but the improvement to your starting line-up is comparable. 

Offer #3 is a good trade. 

Users who are viewing this thread