What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2060: Will you be proud of your FBG/message boards/social media posts from 2000 on? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you reflect back on the thoughts/positions you share on this board and others, do you think that decades from now you'll take pride in your stances? Or will you be more likely to erase your posts out of embarrassment, hoping your grandkids don't realize how awful you were?

https://forums.footballguys.com/thr...ns-after-racist-comments.806648/post-24236151

tommyGunZ Oct 11, 2022

"I'll reiterate my views. Racism is bad and anyone endorsing it or practicing it in 2022 is unfit for office..."

https://forums.footballguys.com/thr...20-is-totally-reasonable.806411/post-24214583

tommyGunZ Sep 28, 2022

"Jon, you can save a lot of time writing and save a lot of us wasted time reading by just typing white victimhood. Oh how horrible is the plight of the white man in modern day America. ITS SO UNFAIR!"

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/is-letitia-james-a-racist.806384/post-24203640

tommyGunZ Sep 22, 2022

"Modern conservatism is essentially nothing more than white victimhood."

https://forums.footballguys.com/thr...-biden-put-her-in-charge.795341/post-24193829

tommyGunZ Sep 17, 2022

"Does it matter that the stunt pulled by one of the teams is inhumane and morally obscene?"

https://forums.footballguys.com/thr...-biden-put-her-in-charge.795341/post-24193841

tommyGunZ Sep 17, 2022

"Applauding and supporting cruelty. At least you’re owning your own moral failings."

Direct Headline: FDA wants race, ethnicity factored in administering COVID drugs

By Callie Patteson January 10, 2022

....The Food and Drug Administration is urging health care providers to consider race or ethnicity as well as underlying medical conditions when classifying individuals as “high risk for progression to severe COVID-19″ and qualifying for antibody treatment....

....In Utah, health officials are using a point system to determine which individuals should receive monoclonal antibody treatment for the coronavirus. ...When calculating the “risk score,” the state awards two points to patients who are of “Non-White race.....”

https://nypost.com/2022/01/10/fda-wants-race-ethnicity-factored-in-administering-covid-drugs/

Team Blue and the Biden Administration ran constant purity tests against those whom were vaccine hesitant, particularly poor white rural Christian America and Republicans/Conservatives. Biden selected Cardiff to run the FDA, despite his deep ugly ties to Big Pharma and it's corruption and grift. And how did that work out? Because it was stacked on top of two Executive Orders by Biden for a vaccine mandate that had no chance to survive actual legal scrutiny, but millions had no "My Body/My Choice" options as it could mean losing their jobs and careers.

Is this the point where we point out your quick trigger to use the terms "inhumane" and "morally obscene"?

But for those AMERICAN CITIZENS who actually did want to get vaccinated? And committed the grand crime of being born white? Sorry, you need to wait in line for potentially life saving treatment.

BECAUSE OF YOUR SKIN COLOR.

How interesting would it be to review posts from the FBG Politics Forum from 1963? How crazy would it be reading folks demonize Martin Luther King? Or in the late 70s, reading about how Harvey Milk was an extremist and wrong to fight for anti-discriminatory policies. When you reflect back on the thoughts/positions you share on this board and others, do you think that decades from now you'll take pride in your stances? Or will you be more likely to erase your posts out of embarrassment, hoping your grandkids don't realize how awful you were?

https://forums.footballguys.com/thr...20-is-totally-reasonable.806411/post-24211223

tommyGunZ Sep 26, 2022

"As for this story, who are you going to believe - the collective action of the FBI or a right wing crackpot who spends his time harassing women seeking healthcare."

Direct Headline: Durham probe: FBI offered Christopher Steele $1 million to corroborate Trump allegations in dossier

By Jake Gibson , Brooke Singman , David Spunt October 11, 2022

Steele couldn't corroborate allegations in dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC through law firm....The FBI offered ex-British intelligence agent Christopher Steele $1 million to corroborate salacious allegations made in his dossier against former President Donald Trump and members of his 2016 campaign, but he was unable to do so, an FBI official testified Tuesday.....

....FBI supervisory counterintelligence analyst Brian Auten was the first witness in the trial of Igor Danchenko, the Russian national who served as the primary sub-source for Steele's anti-Trump dossier and has been charged with five counts of making false statements to the bureau.....During questioning by Special Counsel John Durham on Tuesday, Auten said that during those meetings the FBI offered Steele $1 million if he could corroborate allegations in the dossier. Auten testified that Steele could not do so.....

....Auten also said that the FBI had no corroboration of allegations in the dossier but nevertheless took that information and inserted it into the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to surveil former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.....Auten repeatedly admitted under questioning from Durham that the FBI never received corroboration of the information in the Steele dossier, but he stressed that it was used in the initial FISA application and in the three subsequent renewals....

....The Justice Department admitted in 2020 that the FISA warrants to surveil Page, when stripped of the FBI's misinformation, did not meet the necessary legal threshold and never should have been issued....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/du...million-corroborate-trump-allegations-dossier

Do you mean the same FBI that tried to pay off a partisan contractor, then took his allegations, that could not be hard vetted, nor proven, nor substantiated by anyone else in DHS nor within the framework of any other US allies and their intelligence services, and converted that into actual FISA warrants?

When you reflect back on the thoughts/positions you share on this board and others, do you think that decades from now you'll take pride in your stances? Or will you be more likely to erase your posts out of embarrassment, hoping your grandkids don't realize how awful you were?

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/election-deniers-are-bad-right.806492/post-24225579

tommyGunZ Oct 4, 2022

"Hillary conceded the election..."

“There was a widespread understanding that this election [in 2016] was not on the level...We still don’t know what really happened....But you don’t win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, ‘Whoa, something’s not right here.’ " - Hillary Clinton , 2020 interview with The Atlantic

“Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances, because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch...We've got to have a massive legal operation, I know the Biden campaign is working on that...." Hillary Clinton, August 26, 2020

Hillary Clinton got in front of the activist complicit left leaning hard partisan MSM and read her "victory speech". This happened in 2021.

Nothing that Hillary Clinton has ever said or done has looked or sounded like or operated as a "concession" for the 2016 general cycle.

I think this is enough for today in this thread. So tommyGunZ, I have nothing against you personally. But if I spot you personally attacking Conservatives and/or Republicans in other threads again, such as you prone to do from time to time for sport, then I'll revisit this thread. Your choice.

“Nothing that Hillary Clinton has ever said or done has looked or sounded like or operated as a "concession" for the 2016 general cycle.” - Gordon Gekko

Stuff like this is why no one takes you seriously around here. Hillary called Trump the morning after the election to concede. She then attended his inauguration.

These are the literal textbook examples of how one concedes a Presidential election. Yet you’re so full of anger and hatred that you are pushing a narrative so demonstrably false.

I hope you get the help you so desperately need.

“Nothing that Hillary Clinton has ever said or done has looked or sounded like or operated as a "concession" for the 2016 general cycle.” - Gordon Gekko

Stuff like this is why no one takes you seriously around here. Hillary called Trump the morning after the election to concede. She then attended his inauguration.

These are the literal textbook examples of how one concedes a Presidential election. Yet you’re so full of anger and hatred that you are pushing a narrative so demonstrably false.

Not cool at all but par for the course with you

GG curbstomped him so bad with his own posts and his only response is that? :lol:

TGunz can't even defend his own posts so resort to attacking the messenger. Classic TGunz.

GG curbstomped him so bad with his own posts and his only response is that? :lol:

TGunz can't even defend his own posts so resort to attacking the messenger. Classic TGunz.
Got those Pom Pom‘s out pretty hard there huh BR. Tommy’s response (absent that last line or 2) was a pretty strong rebuttal actually.

Got those Pom Pom‘s out pretty hard there huh BR. Tommy’s response (absent that last line or 2) was a pretty strong rebuttal actually.
Nope. Weak sauce to suggest GG has issues that needs help because GG used Gunz's own words against him.

Disagree, but your position on the matter is noted. ;)

6 Signs you Lack Self-Awareness​

When you lack self-awareness, you fail to identify what you’re feeling and how it manifests itself in your daily actions. You fail to see the patterns in your behaviors and thinking. As a result, you tend to experience more negative emotions because you don’t know how to better align your choices with what you want.

You need to identify where you lack self-awareness in life before you can be more self-aware. Try to approach this list with openness, vulnerability, and courage.

1. Your emotional reaction doesn’t match the situation​

lack self-awareness

Have you ever felt a strong emotional reaction that felt larger than the situation required? Perhaps you went into a nervous breakdown about a new bit of news, or maybe you flew into a rage at something your friend did (or didn’t) do.

If your emotional reaction doesn’t match the situation, you’re more than likely lacking self-awareness. Your extreme emotions were triggered by something much more deeply rooted than the present events.​

When my fiancé wouldn’t follow through with something he said he was going to, I became hypercritical of him. (Even if it was something super trivial). I would express my fury and feel the frustration boiling in my chest. It took me a while to realize that the unsent mail wasn’t causing my anger. It wasn’t even anger at all. Instead, anger hid the deep fear of disappointment that I harbored away.

Step back and consider when your emotional reactions are too dramatic for the situation. What might be the underlying cause instead? What can you do to change your response?

2. You get defensive when receiving feedback​

self-awareness

It’s our natural tendency to reject feedback when we receive it. We want to protect our pride. Not to mention, we listen to confirmation bias and struggle to accept information that contradicts us.

Beneath it all, however, is a fear of vulnerability that’s causing a lack of self-awareness.

Receiving feedback is tough. We can’t help but focus on the negative pieces of information. This taps into some of our primal fears of not belonging and not being good enough. We switch into defensive mode when people tell us something about ourselves that we don’t already know. This defensiveness might manifest in the form of making excuses, lashing out, being passive aggressive, or trying to control others.

Because we’re built to lack self-awareness, we need feedback to understand ourselves better. If you find yourself fighting against feedback, ask yourself why this is. If you are self-aware, more feedback will simply help you better understand what you already know. This can also help improve your self-awareness at work.

3. You repeat negative emotional patterns​

self-awareness

Emotions are incredibly complicated to recognize and control. That’s because they’re rooted in some of the deepest parts of our brain wiring. Because they’re so deeply rooted, it’s easy to lose sight of what’s causing them. And if we don’t know what’s causing them, we can’t do anything to stop them.

A clear sign of lacking self-awareness is if you find yourself repeating negative emotional patterns.

These negative emotional patterns are different for everyone. Some of you might fall into fits of anxiety and panic; others might become super lonely or depressed. I tended to get super worked up and critical over my relationship conflicts (even if they were tiny). The reason these patterns repeat themselves is that you aren’t able to recognize what’s going on.

The more self-aware you are, the more likely you’ll be able to do two things. First, you’ll identify that you’re in a negative emotional pattern. Second, you’ll be able to recognize what caused this pattern and what might need to change to prevent it.

Check out 5 Sure-Fire Questions to help you Identify Your Emotional Patterns.

4. The things you do to “make yourself feel better” don’t actually make you feel better​

signs you lack self-awareness

We all fill our time with hobbies, time-wasters, and behaviors that are supposed to make us feel better. For you, this might be having a glass of wine at the end of a long day. For others, it’s taking a mental break and scrolling through social media.

If you are self-aware, you can be intentional with these actions as a means of self-care. However, a clear sign that you lack self-awareness is when these “feel better” behaviors don’t actually make you feel better.

This lack of self-awareness becomes particularly evident when we’re feeling extra stressed or low. We want to mask our negative emotions with distractions. When I used to feel uncertain about something in my life, I tried to regain a sense of control by diving into work. The focused hours, however, didn’t make me feel any better or help me solve my problems.

Whatever you try to numb your emotions with (whether it’s work, alcohol, TV, etc.), it merely takes you away from the main problem you have to deal with. Ultimately, it adds to your lack of self-awareness.

5. You haven’t found a way to be consistently successful​

signs you lack self-awareness

You might think it’s bold to declare you should be able to be consistently successful. After all, life is unpredictable and throws a lot of obstacles at us. But how you handle these obstacles and maneuver toward success can be consistent.

If you’re consistently facing the same challenges over and over again, failing to achieve success, you probably lack self-awareness.

Being self-aware won’t magically make challenges go away. It will, however, help you understand yourself well enough to know what you can do. You can identify your strengths and weaknesses. Then, you can create environments and situations that will highlight your strengths and diminish the impact of your weaknesses. Even how you dress can affect your awareness.

Over the years, I’ve found out that I’m extremely disciplined and organized. These skills have helped me tackle projects in my personal life and in my professional life that bring my skills to the forefront. As I’ve grown, I’ve learned that “big picture” ideas sometimes challenge me because I care more about completion. Knowing this, I can tap into my self-awareness to know when I’ll be in my comfort zone, and when I need to find myself some extra support.

Consider these questions to determine your strengths and weaknesses.

6. You regularly regret decisions in your everyday life​

Have you ever made a purchase and regretted it? Or maybe you’ve said something that you wish you could take back? We’re human, which means we’re bound to make a ton of mistakes. But, while we can’t be perfect, we also shouldn’t consistently feel regret in everyday life.

If you regularly regret the decisions that you’ve made, you more than likely lack self-awareness.

We learn through our mistakes. If I purchase something on a whim and then regret it three days later, I learn that it wasn’t the best decision. Maybe I follow a similar pattern a couple of times before realizing it’s not what I need to be doing. However, if I keep repeating the same cycle of buy and regret, I’m clearly not learning any lessons about myself.

This cycle of action and regret can manifest itself in different ways. For you, it might look like an unhealthy choice, a poor reaction, or a failed attempt to change. Whatever it is, you can pause the cycle by improving your self-awareness of what you want and need.

Nope. Weak sauce to suggest GG has issues that needs help because GG used Gunz's own words against him.
Nothing hurts you more than your own words. Most normal people will concede. Others lash out and deny they said their own words that are immortalized on the internet.

Nothing that Hillary Clinton has ever said or done has looked or sounded like or operated as a "concession" for the 2016 general cycle.
Have you seen this?

Hillary Clinton calls Donald Trump an ‘illegitimate president’​

Have you seen this?

Shoot. He was worse than illegitimate. Why even trot this out?

Have you seen this?

I'm not sure what this post has to do with mine. @GordonGekko claimed that nothing Hillary Clinton ever said and done looked like a concession. I posted her concession speech so he could see that she had in fact conceded. Her other statements, even misinformed as they were, do not change this fact.

Disagree, but your position on the matter is noted. ;)
Apologize for actually discussing the topic and getting in the way of some world class cheerleading. Carry on.

Last edited:
Stuff like this is why no one takes you seriously around here.
I'd say the completely unhinged personal attacks he spends a lot of time typing out is a big part of it too.
I have no dog in this fight, but you realize gunz accused Gekko of having a mental illness, right? Saying someone needs help is basically saying something is wrong with them. That is at best unkind, and at worst flat-out hateful.

I'd say the completely unhinged personal attacks he spends a lot of time typing out is a big part of it too.
I have no dog in this fight, but you realize gunz accused Gekko of having a mental illness, right? Saying someone needs help is basically saying something is wrong with them. That is at best unkind, and at worst flat-out hateful.

Yes. There are numerous examples of these hateful rants directed at specific posters from Gordon Gekko well before this episode tonight. Personally, my advice to Tgunz would be to ignore him rather than respond in kind.

No need to narrate what is shown.

Yes. There are numerous examples of these hateful rants directed at specific posters from Gordon Gekko well before this episode tonight. Personally, my advice to Tgunz would be to ignore him rather than respond in kind.

No need to narrate what is shown.
Yet there you are giving a thumbs up to Gunz's nasty hateful comment. Good work

I also don't want to jump into the posts preceding this one, but I wanted to say that "needing help" is not the equivalent of having a mental illness. Tons and tons of people, likely including most of us on these forums, would benefit from therapy. I rather suspect that 75%+ of all adults would benefit from therapy.

I also don't want to jump into the posts preceding this one, but I wanted to say that "needing help" is not the equivalent of having a mental illness. Tons and tons of people, likely including most of us on these forums, would benefit from therapy. I rather suspect that 75%+ of all adults would benefit from therapy.
I hope 75% is wrong. We seem as a society to have lost the ability to cope with bad days, bad periods, personal tragedies, etc. I think some people definitely do need it but if it’s 75% we are doing something wrong as a society in how we raise people and set their daily expectations in life.

I hope 75% is wrong. We seem as a society to have lost the ability to cope with bad days, bad periods, personal tragedies, etc. I think some people definitely do need it but if it’s 75% we are doing something wrong as a society in how we raise people and set their daily expectations in life.
Society has definitely changed and in a lot of ways for the worse. We've isolated ourselves more and more, multi-generation households are rare, etc. Personal interactions people used to get from community and family is largely gone these days.

Personally, I think society has lost its way, although I suspect my reasons why would be drastically different than yours.

This. Getting help is a good thing, not something to sham people about. As Rich says, lots of folks, if not the majority of us, would benefit from seeking some type of counsel.

This. Getting help is a good thing, not something to sham people about. As Rich says, lots of folks, if not the majority of us, would benefit from seeking some type of counsel.
I don’t recall seeing a lot of benevolent “get help” in your other posts.

Society has definitely changed and in a lot of ways for the worse. We've isolated ourselves more and more, multi-generation households are rare, etc. Personal interactions people used to get from community and family is largely gone these days.

Personally, I think society has lost its way, although I suspect my reasons why would be drastically different than yours.
Maybe some, but I actually agree with a lot of this. Those of us with kids who grew up pre internet times all can see it and a lot of interactions that used to be face to face are now online. It’s not a helpful thing for development.

I don’t recall seeing a lot of benevolent “get help” in your other posts.
Always notice the fake concern and the fake pleas to "get help" are always directed at those he disagrees with? We all know what he's doing. He isn't fooling anyone.

GG simply used his own words against him and he can't handle it. Someone certainly needs to "get help", and it isn't GG.

Except he posted,
"Yet you’re so full of anger and hatred that you are pushing a narrative so demonstrably false.

I hope you get the help you so desperately need."

That's not the kind of discourse we want here and not from just him. And miles away from "many people would benefit from therapy" spin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread