What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (5 Viewers)

Whichever direction JD and Saleh go with QB, they absolutely have to get it right. It can’t just be a game manager, because it’s very conceivable that Breece won’t be all the way back next year
Plus you can’t waste a stud WR like Wilson and a guy that is at worst a very strong WR2 in Moore. You just can’t waste that talent.

Whichever direction JD and Saleh go with QB, they absolutely have to get it right. It can’t just be a game manager, because it’s very conceivable that Breece won’t be all the way back next year
Plus you can’t waste a stud WR like Wilson and a guy that is at worst a very strong WR2 in Moore. You just can’t waste that talent.
agreed - there is a 3 year window before this very good draft class gets paid....they need to get a solid vet QB, fill some holes and find a way to get in playoffs next yr then make the big run the next 2.

Oh, and no offense @Kiddnets but if they bring Sam Darnold in to compete with Mike White, I’ll hand you the keys to this thread because I won’t be watching the Jets 😀
I hear you - its just that ZW is so bad that Im actually looking back at Sam with some rose colored glasses! I guess that happens at rock bottom!
It’s insult to injury that Darnold is playing extremely well on a Panthers team that has a lot less talent than the Jets do. Not to say that Darnold would have succeeded with the current Jets, but coaching matters.

Oh, and no offense @Kiddnets but if they bring Sam Darnold in to compete with Mike White, I’ll hand you the keys to this thread because I won’t be watching the Jets 😀
I hear you - its just that ZW is so bad that Im actually looking back at Sam with some rose colored glasses! I guess that happens at rock bottom!
It’s insult to injury that Darnold is playing extremely well on a Panthers team that has a lot less talent than the Jets do. Not to say that Darnold would have succeeded with the current Jets, but coaching matters.
He’s been terrible all of last season and most of this season. He’s been better the last few games since he’s been back with injury - but he’s still not a starting caliber QB. This last game he threw a few nice passes but had another easy interception dropped and also lost a fumble. Obviously better than Zach, but still worse than White (or maybe a toss up).

yep - and even if he continued to stink they would have cut bait after another year or so which was better than ZW horrific play and still have the No. 12 pick in 2021, first-round selections in 2022 and 2023 and a third-round pick in 2022. I cant even think of it without my head hurting!

yep - and even if he continued to stink they would have cut bait after another year or so which was better than ZW horrific play and still have the No. 12 pick in 2021, first-round selections in 2022 and 2023 and a third-round pick in 2022. I cant even think of it without my head hurting!
Geno Smith will be a highly sought after FA.

Sam Darnold is looking (gasp) good.

It really is a haunting year for the Jets and their fans to have to watch that, while clamoring for competence behind center.

Geno Smith will be a highly sought after FA.

Sam Darnold is looking (gasp) good.

It really is a haunting year for the Jets and their fans to have to watch that, while clamoring for competence behind center.
Geno has been gone a long time and has spoken well about his time with the Jets. I’ve rooted for him all season - obviously not this past game, but still happy for him. Hope Seattle sneaks into the playoffs.

As I said earlier in this thread, Darnold had a nice stat line in the last game - but so did Zach Wilson a few weeks ago. He had just as much bad in that game and he is still not a starting caliber QB.

Hello draft position our old friend....it was delayed a bit but we are back

Just looking at tankathon records without going into details it looks like Jets could be as high as #10 and as low as #17 - some of these teams may be playing each other and Jets winning percentage of opponents is very high which wont help - anyone who digs deeper let me know the more realistic possibilities as thats a big swing.

in a game that completely doesnt matter...will likely not effect anything even if Mike White plays well....I have zero doubt that Jets will win. Only small consolation and reason I wont be going crazy for a loss is that it smashes the slim playoff chances for the Fish which is at least something!

Just looking at tankathon records without going into details it looks like Jets could be as high as #10 and as low as #17 - some of these teams may be playing each other and Jets winning percentage of opponents is very high which wont help - anyone who digs deeper let me know the more realistic possibilities as thats a big swing.

in a game that completely doesnt matter...will likely not effect anything even if Mike White plays well....I have zero doubt that Jets will win. Only small consolation and reason I wont be going crazy for a loss is that it smashes the slim playoff chances for the Fish which is at least something!
Agreed - I’d be fine with #17 going out on a good note and dousing the Dolphins in the process.

Agreed - I’d be fine with #17 going out on a good note and dousing the Dolphins in the process.
definitely a solid consolation!

So GB and Det play each other so I think loser will be #17 regardless and other in playoffs - Pitt is playing Cleve with an outside playoff shot...the more i look at things the more it looks like they will be #15 if they win...much bigger swing if they lose..could go as high as #10 but likely close to where they are now which is #13. Not worth outright cheering for a tank loss especially vs the Fins but wont bother me in the least if they lose.

I'm not sure Saleh isn't part of the issue here. clearly they need a QB. Maybe grab TB12 but please dont get D. Carr, or Geno Smith or one of these rascals. and drafting a QB means another year of waiting around for said player to develop, even Manning and Trevor Lawrence needed 2 years to get to the post season. Jets fans can't wait anymore.
even with a good QB is Saleh up to the task? I've seen some questionable calls from the sidelines last 5 weeks or so. White is good, but hes a bridge between now and the QB of the future.

you cannot lost to the Pats, EVER again Saleh. he's useless.

Oh joy - White has been ruled out and Flacco will start. Why not start Zach in a meaningless game - could actually help draft position in the process.

Flacco. Can't wait.

Flacco vs Thompson. The match-up of the century. How is this game not on prime-time?

I'm not sure Saleh isn't part of the issue here. clearly they need a QB. Maybe grab TB12 but please dont get D. Carr, or Geno Smith or one of these rascals. and drafting a QB means another year of waiting around for said player to develop, even Manning and Trevor Lawrence needed 2 years to get to the post season. Jets fans can't wait anymore.
even with a good QB is Saleh up to the task? I've seen some questionable calls from the sidelines last 5 weeks or so. White is good, but hes a bridge between now and the QB of the future.

Definitely fair to put Saleh on the hot seat next year. He had some definite bumps but for the most part im still a believer. In hindsight a fatal flaw was not bringing in a more experienced OC to run things and help develop ZW. Going to be interesting if they go with MLF again - cant see a very experienced OC taking the job with the HC on the hot seat.

Saleh can definitely motivate players but in game was shaky and these defensive guys just cant grasp the offensive side...Rex had similar flaw.

Its gonna be pointless and awful to watch, but I get it.

They dont want to let Wilson get embarrassed anymore (which would absolutely happen behind this line) If there's any prayer of him becoming something, he just needs a mental break. Another bad performance wont help.

Hope Flacco doesn't somehow turn back the clock and steal a win. Seems unlikely with the O-line issues.

Major kudos to Duane Brown for playing all season with that Shoulder. Animal.

They dont want to let Wilson get embarrassed anymore (which would absolutely happen behind this line) If there's any prayer of him becoming something, he just needs a mental break. Another bad performance wont help.
Fair point - it's already a bad situation and can only make it worse with that lack of protection.

Its gonna be pointless and awful to watch, but I get it.

Hope Flacco doesn't somehow turn back the clock and steal a win. Seems unlikely with the O-line issues.

Major kudos to Duane Brown for playing all season with that Shoulder. Animal.
I understand not playing Wilson. I’d like to see Strevelar in a Taysom Hill role but maybe they think that may help them win against a reeling Miami team.

Flacco is going to be a disaster even if the line isn’t in shambles - but given the state it’s in, he’ll be covering up and dropping to the ground every other play to avoid hits. Guy doesn’t even want to play anymore.

Oh joy - White has been ruled out and Flacco will start. Why not start Zach in a meaningless game - could actually help draft position in the process.
unwatchable now - ZW must be a train wreck the size of Hackenburg to not get this start on the road in the last game of the season against a beat up Dolphins. Saleh can coach speak about developing ZW all he wants and not giving up but not giving the kid reps over a fossil like Flacco who 100% wont be here next year speaks volumes. ZW is done.

Definitely fair to put Saleh on the hot seat next year. He had some definite bumps but for the most part im still a believer. In hindsight a fatal flaw was not bringing in a more experienced OC to run things and help develop ZW. Going to be interesting if they go with MLF again - cant see a very experienced OC taking the job with the HC on the hot seat.

Saleh can definitely motivate players but in game was shaky and these defensive guys just cant grasp the offensive side...Rex had similar flaw.
His name is Mike LaFleur. It is not Mike La Fleur. His initials are ML. Please write LaFleur or ML. Please stop with the MLF. Seeing that is the equivalent of hearing nails scraping a chalkboard.

I don't know why but Fariq's interlude reminded me of the early nineties techno band KLF.

MLF uh huh uh huh
Gonna rock your body movin (or something like that)

His name is Mike LaFleur. It is not Mike La Fleur. His initials are ML. Please write LaFleur or ML. Please stop with the MLF. Seeing that is the equivalent of hearing nails scraping a chalkboard.
Keep fighting the good fight!

Not quite the triumph he was looking for.

Quite a few 2023 NFL mocks making the rounds - CBS, USA Today, NBC, ProFootball Focus…quite a few have the Jets investing in Hooker or other QBs.

What do Jets fans want to see? White/Wilson competition, or scrap it all & bring in a rookie? Or a FA QB?

Not quite the triumph he was looking for.
Every minute, every day.

Quite a few 2023 NFL mocks making the rounds - CBS, USA Today, NBC, ProFootball Focus…quite a few have the Jets investing in Hooker or other QBs.

What do Jets fans want to see? White/Wilson competition, or scrap it all & bring in a rookie? Or a FA QB?
Personally, I wouldn't want to start over with another rookie - been there, done that. This team has a lot of pieces intact and the window of opportunity may not be long - even if a rookie is all that, it's going to take some time. Would rather get a proven vet that has shown he can win, can manage the offense, and not have to play hero ball. For all his warts, I really like the thought of Jimmy G with his familiarity with Saleh.

Personally, I wouldn't want to start over with another rookie - been there, done that. This team has a lot of pieces intact and the window of opportunity may not be long - even if a rookie is all that, it's going to take some time. Would rather get a proven vet that has shown he can win, can manage the offense, and not have to play hero ball. For all his warts, I really like the thought of Jimmy G with his familiarity with Saleh.
I’m in the get a veteran camp as well. The roster is too talented to roll the dice on a rookie. Of course, the QBs that will be available, will be available for a reason, including Jimmy G. I’m not against him, but the guy hasn’t stayed healthy. Maybe Mike White as a backup would work.

I’m going to wait until the off-season to get a feel for what QBs will be available to really start making a “wish list”.

As long as they sure up the line a bit in free agency and the draft, whoever is under center is in a great situation next year. Even if Hall doesn’t start right away, Robinson, Carter and Knight can be more than serviceable.

I’m in the get a veteran camp as well. The roster is too talented to roll the dice on a rookie. Of course, the QBs that will be available, will be available for a reason, including Jimmy G. I’m not against him, but the guy hasn’t stayed healthy. Maybe Mike White as a backup would work.

I’m going to wait until the off-season to get a feel for what QBs will be available to really start making a “wish list”.

As long as they sure up the line a bit in free agency and the draft, whoever is under center is in a great situation next year. Even if Hall doesn’t start right away, Robinson, Carter and Knight can be more than serviceable.
I agree with keeping White around as a backup if they can - I doubt many teams will be banging down his door and the Jets probably can sign him at a reasonable value. Try to jettison Wilson for what they can get - can't really keep him around as it would be too much of a distraction.

Would rather get a proven vet that has shown he can win, can manage the offense, and not have to play hero ball. For all his warts, I really like the thought of Jimmy G with his familiarity with Saleh.
Downright Favre-ian. :excited:
They could also try to trade for yet another future HOF Packer QB, but I have a feeling that wouldn't end well like it did with Favre.
I was shocked when Favre got another job after that.

I was almost physically sickened when he beat the 49ers on a last second Hail Mary with the Vikings, too.

agreed - besides the reality that this franchise cant develop rookie QBs...the regime is in a win or else mode so not conducive to a rookie QB (maybe a mid rd project) - I dont see JD spending big draft capital on one....all roads point to Jimmy G as he knows the system/coaches and would be a hit in NY market.

Jimmy G would be a huge upgrade and likely would not cost a monster contract but with the long injury history it would be imperative to have a solid backup QB...Jimmy G, White, and ZW is my guess. They would eat too much money and it would look too bad to cut him outright or send him in a deal for a late rd pick...so they will let him sit a yr and "develop" in purgatory.

Would rather get a proven vet that has shown he can win, can manage the offense, and not have to play hero ball. For all his warts, I really like the thought of Jimmy G with his familiarity with Saleh.
They could also try to trade for yet another future HOF Packer QB, but I have a feeling that wouldn't end well like it did with Favre.

I was almost physically sickened when he beat the 49ers on a last second Hail Mary with the Vikings, too.
Favre looked great for the Jets and had them in position to be the No. 1 seed before he blew out his biceps. Then Mangini was afraid to bench him despite him clearly unable to throw.

Favre looked great for the Jets and had them in position to be the No. 1 seed before he blew out his biceps. Then Mangini was afraid to bench him despite him clearly unable to throw.
Good point - I guess I just remember the end of his tenure in NY, which was ugly.

Good point - I guess I just remember the end of his tenure in NY, which was ugly.
They were 8-3 coming off wins against 10-0 Tennessee @ Tennessee and a win against the Patriots @ Gillette - albeit with Matt Cassell at QB but he did win 11 games that year.
Then he blew out his bicep and they collapsed. After he left there were a few controversies he has involved in (texting a pic of his junk to the media director).

in (texting a pic of his junk to the media director).
I remember that well. It was early in the days of internet sexual harassment & was a pretty big story at the time.

Of course it somewhat pales next to the recent allegations involving Favre, but that’s a rabbit hole we can probably avoid taking the Jets topic down.

horrific game as expected - besides watching Wilson ball out the O was terrible yet again. At least Pats out and zero chance Fins beat the bills so Ill take the higher pick without getting upset....#13 - should be some very good players available.

Reading some NY reporters saying Woody is livid at the finish....not a given that saleh is back. If Woody makes this kind of move he better damn well have a Payton type coach in his pocket, You cant fire Saleh for another coordinator.

Saleh very wishy washy on MLF return - could be the scapegoat.

Begin the craziness!

horrific game as expected - besides watching Wilson ball out the O was terrible yet again. At least Pats out and zero chance Fins beat the bills so Ill take the higher pick without getting upset....#13 - should be some very good players available.

Reading some NY reporters saying Woody is livid at the finish....not a given that saleh is back. If Woody makes this kind of move he better damn well have a Payton type coach in his pocket, You cant fire Saleh for another coordinator.

Begin the craziness!
Vegas had Jets at 5.5 wins before season. Winning 7 games with that QB crew is a pretty good season. Getting rid of Saleh would be nuts.

Thank goodness I missed this one. Driving a 14 foot box truck back and forth to Toms River was way better than sitting through that trainwreck.

No way I would fire Saleh. The players love him and he has the right temperament. But its playoffs or bust next year. Has to be.

I would get rid of MLF. Even on his "good" days I've never been that impressed. Saleh is clearly a man of principle who stick by his people. Would be very interesting of Woody basically gave him the ulimatum (fire MLF or you're gone)

13th is nice, I guess. Should have ever opportunity to snag a tackle or a high-end talent at another position of need. (LB, a 2nd tier pass rusher if lawson is out, etc.). Probably way too early for a safety, but I that obviously needs to be addressed.

No chance this staff takes another QB with a playoff mandate.

Begin the craziness!
Vegas had Jets at 5.5 wins before season. Winning 7 games with that QB crew is a pretty good season. Getting rid of Saleh would be nuts.

Most of the folks in this thread thought 8-9 wins was the ceiling(and even that was probably a pipe dream) 6-7 would have been progress from the past 3 years. So its hard to be too upset about the raw numbers.

But the way they absolutely collapsed just looks so bad. Obviously there's a story....the QB situation was terrible, O-line injuries like we've never seen, losing Hall was MASSIVE. But going 3 games without scoring a TD in today's NFL is absolutely unheard of. The 49ers have been starting Mr. Irrelevant for a month now and he's doing more than Zach Wilson could ever dream of. He threw 3 TD's today and went 15/20. That's coaching....and MLF is the obvious fall guy.

I gotta say....the fact that pinnock is killing it for the giants after the Jets surprisingly cut him really stings. Everyone thought that was a horrible move at the time and now they are gonna have to go find new safeties again.

Keeping davis over him was egregious

I gotta say....the fact that pinnock is killing it for the giants after the Jets surprisingly cut him really stings

Yeah, he's playing hybrid CB/S for them if I've been reading the trades and the tackle totals correctly. He was in coverage a lot vs. Washington that last game.

Bad cut. He's obviously a pro-caliber player.

As far as Woody goes, if he fires Saleh, he deserves the festering rot he swims in. And I'm not a big defender of Saleh, but he deserves another year. So does Joe D. It's not even close in my opinion.

I gotta say....the fact that pinnock is killing it for the giants after the Jets surprisingly cut him really stings

Yeah, he's playing hybrid CB/S for them if I've been reading the trades and the tackle totals correctly. He was in coverage a lot vs. Washington that last game.

Bad cut. He's obviously a pro-caliber player.

As far as Woody goes, if he fires Saleh, he deserves the festering rot he swims in. And I'm not a big defender of Saleh, but he deserves another year. So does Joe D. It's not even close in my opinion.
seems to be a rare jets consensus here lol

7 wins is improvement but the way it happened stings

Saleh should stay but next yr is playoffs or out

MLF should be gone - O is a disaster

After licking the wounds there is a lot to be optimistic for in 2023 season - solid nucleus with a lot of players coming back....each season is an entity of its own tho - schedule, injuries, etc - you never know what you are getting so you never know. This season was a roller coaster with lot of solid players developing - but to miss a very good chance at the playoffs hurts. Those dont come around every year

Users who are viewing this thread