What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Rich Caster NYJ (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I remember him well. A very good player.

Died 2/2/2024

Professional Football Player. Born Richard C. Caster he was an American football player. Drafted in 1970 by the New York Jets in round 2 as overall pick 46 in the NFL draft. In 13 seasons he played for the New York Jets (1970–1977), the Houston Oilers (1978–1980), and the New Orleans Saints (1981). He was an integral part of the Super Bowl XVII Redskins championship team. He was also selected for 3 Pro Bowl games (1972, 1974, 1975). He posted impressive stats, including 322 receptions, 5,515 receiving yards, and 45 touchdowns. He played college football at Jackson State University in Jackson, Mississippi. He passed away at the age of 75 after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease.

Last edited:
I remember him well. A very good player.

Died 2/2/2024

Professional Football Player. Born Richard C. Caster he was an American football player. Drafted in 1970 by the New York Jets in round 2 as overall pick 46 in the NFL draft. In 13 seasons he played for the New York Jets (1970–1977), the Houston Oilers (1978–1980), and the New Orleans Saints (1981). He was an integral part of the Super Bowl XVII Redskins championship team. He was also selected for 3 Pro Bowl games (1972, 1974, 1975). He posted impressive stats, including 322 receptions, 5,515 receiving yards, and 45 touchdowns. He played college football at Jackson State University in Jackson, Mississippi. He passed away at the age of 75 after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease.
Yeah, he came into the league just as I was starting to follow football seriously. TE in a WR body who made a lot of big plays down the field.

A little "journalistic license" to say he was an integral part of the Redskins Championship team, but he was on it so good for him. Excellent player

Users who are viewing this thread