What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - Brock party (3 Viewers)

No argument that Bowers is a great prospect. That said, this pick was a real head-scratcher. They used a 2nd rd pick LY on the position, so it really wasn't a need. I would have preferred Murphy at that pick because the Chiefs are now loaded with speed at WR and the best counter is a great pass rush. An offensive tackle was also a much bigger need, as most posters have previously stated prior to the draft. Or a CB.

It is the Raiders.

We now enter the rose-colored glasses phase of the season.
Honestly.... I been watching NFL Network all day (in between client calls and running kids places etc) and poking my head in around draft reviews and what not online.... most not being Raider homer places as well. You are the first to find this a head scratcher.

No argument that Bowers is a great prospect. That said, this pick was a real head-scratcher. They used a 2nd rd pick LY on the position, so it really wasn't a need. I would have preferred Murphy at that pick because the Chiefs are now loaded with speed at WR and the best counter is a great pass rush. An offensive tackle was also a much bigger need, as most posters have previously stated prior to the draft. Or a CB.

It is the Raiders.

A wr? No way. OT and maybe CB would have made sense. But bowers is really highly rated. We’ll just have to wait and see. Dude just might be deebo light
I would be fine with a WR if they are clearly the BPA like Bowers was at 13.

They let the draft come to them. With all the QBs going, a top rated player was going to fall and that’s exactly what happened. I know we’re not used to seeing good drafting so it was more surprising to me than head scratching. Surprised in the sense that they actually went BPA instead of reaching for need.
I do wonder if Penix were there, if that was their original target.

FWIW, the Hondo says league exec sources have told him AOC would be a 1st round pick this year based on what he showed last year as a rookie. Hmm...

ETA: not just a 1st rounder, but a top-ten pick. Whoa.
I saw that... didn't bring it in here because I didn't want to hear the "yea, but he has concrete boots" circles again.

People tend to think that every rookie has to come in and perform as an pro bowler or they are a bust. Reality is that sure some guys come in and light it up.... others.... MOST.... need time to learn and develop.

Me personally, I don't think lack of mobility is an NFL job killer though everyone wants the sexiness of a guy who can run away if in trouble. How much did we see Manning (either) or Brady run? Almost never and when they did everyone would be amazed and laugh about it. I saw enough in the kid to be hopeful of continued future development. He is one heck of an accurate thrower which is a huge plus in this league.

Is he a franchise QB? I don't know.... but I also don't know that he isn't. You know who I knew wasn't a franchise QB from day 0? Jimmy "Linguine" Garoppolo. Replacing that waste of a roster spot with Minchew means we are already better off at QB than we were last year.
We’re not looking for Lamar. Manning and Brady had pocket awareness that AOC currently lacks. And he’s wearing concrete boots. :pickle:

I expect LAB to win the spot easily

We should be doing cartwheels this morning. The Raiders didn’t reach, they actually did the opposite. They got a value pick. In 2026 when Bowers is being considered one of the best young TEs in the NFL; no one will care if he was a need at the time he was picked. All I can say is after watching some highlights, everyone needs one of those guys.

I’m not the biggest Nix guy, but it just annoys the **** outta me that he fell right in Denver’s lap.
I Am not worried about Denver and Nix. KC is still the team to beat in the AFC.
Not happy they landed Worthy. Even if he can't get off the line.... Reid will figure out a way to get him loose and we all know what Mahomes can do with a burner.
He’s tiny. Way Smaller than ruggs :pickle: he’s like turner. KC has better coaching so he’ll probably more impactful

It is the Raiders.

A wr? No way. OT and maybe CB would have made sense. But bowers is really highly rated. We’ll just have to wait and see. Dude just might be deebo light
Me too. He was saying they should have gone with murphy

It is the Raiders.

Murphy is a stud DT. You are confusing him with Worthy, the toothpick in WR clothing whom the Chiefs drafted.

Last edited:

It is the Raiders.

Honestly.... I been watching NFL Network all day (in between client calls and running kids places etc) and poking my head in around draft reviews and what not online.... most not being Raider homer places as well. You are the first to find this a head scratcher.
Crowd-sourcing opinions about a draft pick reminds me of when the Raiders drafted Robert Gallery in the first round. That pick was universally praised. We all know how that turned out.

Let me be clear, I am NOT saying Bowers will be a bust. But how does he help the Raiders win now? He does not play tackle or guard, two huge needs for what AP wants to do.

He is not a lockdown CB, which the Raiders need.

Bowers plays the same position as Meyers, who they took LY in Rd2.

Maybe Bowers and Meyers turn out to be Gronk/AH 2.0. Maybe not.

Last edited:

It is the Raiders.

Murphy is a stud DT. You are confusing him with Worthy, the toothpick in WR clothing whom the Chiefs drafted.
Correct. I was on my phone and confused 😂

It is the Raiders.

Crowd-sourcing opinions about a draft pick reminds me of when the Raiders drafted Robert Gallery in the first round. That pick was universally praised. We all know how that turned out.

Let me be clear, I am NOT saying Bowers will be a bust. But how does he help the Raiders win now? He does not play tackle or guard two huge needs for what AP wants to do.

He is not a lockdown CB, which the Raiders need.

Bowers plays the same position as Meyers, who they took LY in Rd2.

Maybe Bowers and Meyers turn out to be Gronk/AH 2.0. Maybe not.
He's not a O lineman or a lockdown corner, but what he is is a matchup nightmare and one of the best TE prospects ever. He would have been a top 10 pick in pretty much every other draft except this year. Any pick can be a bust, including O line or corner, which has a very high bust rate. I really don't get what there is to complain about when you get a potential game changer at 13.

Raiders pick 12th in rd 2. Here are the 12 best available from The Athletic... I am hoping they land one of the two C/G prospects, but wouldn't mind a bunch of these names...

*23. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (6-3, 328)*
Powers-Johnson’s inexperience is reflected in his technique, but he offers a fantastic combination of size, athleticism and toughness, with the skill set that translates to both center and guard. His game reminds me of Ryan Kelly, who won the Rimington Award at Alabama before becoming a first-round pick in 2016.

27. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa (6-0, 202)
DeJean is one of the best tackling defensive backs in the class and shows playmaking skills in coverage, because of his athletic instincts and competitive makeup. Along with an immediate special-teams role (as a returner and gunner), his NFL starter-quality skill set fits interchangeably at cornerback, safety or nickel.

28. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois (6-1, 304)
Newton’s undersized, compact frame will be a turnoff for some teams. But he is tough to block one-on-one, because of his gap quickness, natural power and nose for the ball. He projects as a dependable starting three-technique in the NFL.

30. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama (5-11, 196)
McKinstry doesn’t play with high-level speed or aggression, but he is a long, smooth athlete with the football IQ that should translate quickly to an NFL field. His game reminds me of James Bradberry’s, and he will compete for starting reps as a rookie.

31. Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia (5-11, 186)
McConkey’s size and vulnerability to injuries aren’t ideal, but he is a sudden, skilled route runner and uses synchronized shake to tie defensive backs in knots. He is a quarterback-friendly target with the inside-outside versatility to be a quality No. 2 option for an NFL offense.

32. Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan (6-3, 267)
Kneeland is still taking classes in the art of the pass rush, but he is charged up into contact and displays twitch throughout his frame, which allows him to defeat blockers in different ways. He projects as a starting base end whose best football is yet to come.

33. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas (6-2, 205)
Mitchell needs to become a more detail-focused receiver to fully unlock his talent, but he has the body length, loose athleticism and catch-point skills to be a chain-moving weapon. He projects as a rangy, outside-the-numbers target with the lean, limber body type reminiscent of the late Chris Henry.

*34. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia (6-2, 315)*
Frazier might not boast elite athleticism or length, but he is good enough in those areas and will win over NFL teams with his core strength, football IQ, competitive toughness and understanding of leverage. He projects as a quality NFL starting center the moment he is drafted.

36. Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan (6-2, 299)
Jenkins might never be a high-production interior player, but he is light on his feet and heavy with his hands with the “do my job” mentality that NFL defensive coordinators appreciate. He projects as an NFL starter as a one-gapping tackle on the interior or two-gapping strongside defensive end.

37. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State (6-3, 213)
Coleman must develop more nuance in his route running, but his big-man twitch, physicality and ball-winning adjustment skills allow him to be a difference maker. With continued refinement, he has the talent to be an NFL starter (similar in ways to Courtland Sutton).

38. Cooper Beebe, G, Kansas State (6-3, 322)
Beebe doesn’t have ideal arm length that most teams desire, but he is stout, controlled and plays with power at contact. He will fit both gap and zone schemes in the NFL and projects as a high-floor starting guard.

39. Jaden Hicks, S, Washington State (6-1, 215)
Hicks is a rangy, intimidating presence, both downhill and on the back end, and he offers the multi-dimensional traits to develop into an NFL starter. He projects as a scheme-friendly safety who should also contribute immediately on special teams.
Interior OL is the betting favorite, I bet

My overwhelming thought is that taking the obvious best player not at a need is the kind of move I admire from smart organizations. I am very happy to think this kind of long term, value based, stick to the board thinking is possible in Vegas.

My overwhelming thought is that taking the obvious best player not at a need is the kind of move I admire from smart organizations. I am very happy to think this kind of long term, value based, stick to the board thinking is possible in Vegas.
🤞🤞🤞

Interesting. I don't know this guy like I was aware of Bowers but it seems to suggest another BPA approach to me. Did they announce him as a C? Or G?

Kick him to RG like thry did with Parham because James doesn't have that flexibility. Another piece that you can move around too.

Interesting. I don't know this guy like I was aware of Bowers but it seems to suggest another BPA approach to me. Did they announce him as a C? Or G?

Kick him to RG like thry did with Parham because James doesn't have that flexibility. Another piece that you can move around too.
Announced him as a guard. Matter of fact before they drafted him they called James and let him know he is still the center and said JPJ was being drafted as a guard.

I think he starts at RG, and Andre James needs to be looking over his shoulder. RT needs to be Munford, or that mountain they signed as a UDFA last year. But other 4 spots are set.

History says that Defense is coming. Mekhi Wingo or TJ Tampa are two guys I am hoping will be there, but 77 is 20 picks away, and who knows what the BPA will be?--- now that we know the Radiers are STRICTLY a BPA team. :lol:

I think he starts at RG, and Andre James needs to be looking over his shoulder. RT needs to be Munford, or that mountain they signed as a UDFA last year. But other 4 spots are set.

History says that Defense is coming. Mekhi Wingo or TJ Tampa are two guys I am hoping will be there, but 77 is 20 picks away, and who knows what the BPA will be?--- now that we know the Radiers are STRICTLY a BPA team. :lol:
I see that he started C all this last year but before that played both guard positions and even DT.

Still does seem to be a BPA pick though as I would say OT and CB are bigger needs.

So far it seems like we are sitting tight and letting the draft come to us and saying "we will take the studliest stud available, thanks"

Kingsley Suamataia OT
Andru Phillips CB
Jaylen Wright RB
Trey Benson RB
Junior Colson LB

My favorites for the upcoming Rd 3 pick. Yes it's early for a deep RB class, but these two have serious juice!

Kingsley Suamataia OT
Andru Phillips CB
Jaylen Wright RB
Trey Benson RB
Junior Colson LB

My favorites for the upcoming Rd 3 pick. Yes it's early for a deep RB class, but these two have serious juice!
Like they are on juice or they are like OJ or this is what the kids call being really good these days?

I bet the next three rounds there will be RB and WR that are the BPA. At each spot.

There's some CB that are nice, and a lot of EDGE as well.

Loose observation so take it FWIW, but to my lil eye, Wright reminds me of a more explosive version of Alvin Kamara and Benson a poor man's Adrian Peterson. Would love to see one of these two, if there isn't a high(ish) caliber outside CB available.

Users who are viewing this thread