What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016: Which NFL franchise is currently the most dysfunctional? (1 Viewer)

Assuming the Browns are #1 which NFL team is the next most dysfunctional?

• San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 105 36.2%
  • Washington Redskins

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 42 14.5%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 30 10.3%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Chicago Bears

Votes: 16 5.5%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Tennessee Titans

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other Team

Votes: 21 7.2%

• Total voters
Strangely, the Browns probably have the widest fan base of any NFL team, or at the worst top 3.  There are Brown's backers bars EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE. 
Not saying your wrong because I have no idea but I can honestly say I only met one Browns fans that I can recall and I served in the military for 15 years so I met people from everywhere and I now live in a city that does't have a team so they have fans of every team. If I had to pick the 3 I have seen the most of its probably Dallas, Raiders and Jets. As for Bars of teams if you look around that a lot of teams I'm and Eagles fan and I have found a few Eagles bars in my travels

Why aren't more people thinking it's the Colts?

Their owner makes poor non-NFL decisions (has addiction issues, has the DUI), not only brought back the train wreck combo of Grigson and Pagano but extended their contracts for 4 more years and has shown no building skills with a supremely talented QB in Andrew Luck.

Why aren't more people thinking it's the Colts?

Their owner makes poor non-NFL decisions (has addiction issues, has the DUI), not only brought back the train wreck combo of Grigson and Pagano but extended their contracts for 4 more years and has shown no building skills with a supremely talented QB in Andrew Luck.
Dysfunctional yes, but 2-3 tiers below the oil spill that is Cleveland.  

Tier 1

Browns

Tier 2

49ers

Chargers

Titans

Jags

Tier 3

Dolphins

Colts

Bills

Rams

Tier 4

Lions

Bears

Saints

Redskins

Tier 5 - almost functional

Raiders

Jets

Tier 6 - somehow functional lately

Cowboys

Eagles

Takeaways are...  sorry California and owners matter. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's maybe not the Colts, but it's unreal how badly they are run.  Go ahead and luckbox 2 of the best 1.1 QB prospects ever and still not make much of it.  Aren't the Colts basically the Browns without Manning and Luck?

Strangely, the Browns probably have the widest fan base of any NFL team, or at the worst top 3.  There are Brown's backers bars EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE. 
You should try leaving Ohio. Yet to see my first Browns Backer Bar.

Can't believe I'm the first one in with the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is a mess. Jason Garrett looks like he's about to burst. Dez Bryant is a primadonna. Uh, Greg Hardy? The carousel of QB follies after Romo was hurt (again).

This is supposed to be "America's Team" and they're a joke.

:popcorn:

Dolphins easy #2 for me.  I think I misclicked Jets on poll.

They are just run so badly.  And like someone said above, they manage to get the least out of their players (and they've had a lot of good ones over the years) 

Jaguars... QB who is getting worse... defense that had tons of $$$ thrown at it in the last year but is as bad as it was... a star WR showing his frustration on the sideline...

Can't believe I'm the first one in with the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is a mess. Jason Garrett looks like he's about to burst. Dez Bryant is a primadonna. Uh, Greg Hardy? The carousel of QB follies after Romo was hurt (again).

This is supposed to be "America's Team" and they're a joke.
Spot on. ;)

This.  Throwing away your golden ticket is worse than any of the other "second place dysfunctional teams."  

I actually feel sorry for Andrew Luck...he deserves better.

Remember that thread where folks were speculating whether Brady would be as great if he had been drafted by another team?  We had that discussion at the tail end of Brady's career, after years of success with the Patriots.  Now look at Andrew Luck and imagine into the future.  If he never wins a title, will folks see him as a "great QB?"  In fairness, he has a lot of years left.  

Truly the players reputation is tied to the teams, no matter what anyone says...

This.  Throwing away your golden ticket is worse than any of the other "second place dysfunctional teams."  

I actually feel sorry for Andrew Luck...he deserves better.

Remember that thread where folks were speculating whether Brady would be as great if he had been drafted by another team?  We had that discussion at the tail end of Brady's career, after years of success with the Patriots.  Now look at Andrew Luck and imagine into the future.  If he never wins a title, will folks see him as a "great QB?"  In fairness, he has a lot of years left.  

Truly the players reputation is tied to the teams, no matter what anyone says...
I like Andrew Luck, but he never had a chance to live up to the pre-NFL hype, and he will forever be gauged against Peyton Manning.

To me, the offense ran more efficiently with 59-yr old Matt Hasselbeck in there last season. I am just not sure Andrew Luck is as great is we all think he should be. I can't help but wonder if his natural abilities as a thrower will ever allow him to just trust a system and play within it. We've seen it before with top draft QBs possessing golden arms.

Trying not to make this sound like a knock against him, but maybe it is. He just may never be one of those top tier QBs... maybe this is his ceiling.

Andy Dufresne said:
No. From an egregious continuation.

At least the Browns look like they're trying to get better. Rams appear satisfied with sub mediocrity.
Apparently signed before the season.  Still the Browns (was anyway obviously)

There is no way the Brown's are worse than the pathetic rams. They sign the worst coach in history to an extension..really really.. can't make that sh@@ up

The Niners are about as bad as it gets. Poor morale, poor ownership, poor management, average coaching, below average drafting at best.

There is no way the Brown's are worse than the pathetic rams. They sign the worst coach in history to an extension..really really.. can't make that sh@@ up
Was also reported that the extension was actually done before the season, and Fish might be gone after this year anyway. 

The Rams (even if the sign Fisher to a 50 year extension tomorrow) would not be in the same neighborhood as the Browns.  Maybe not even the same State.

Yeah that was coming from a fan of the Bears, a model of dysfunction. But those idiot 11-1 Cowboys really blew it with the draft, ending up with mediocracy in ROY/MVP candidates Dak and Zeke. ? 

Good call nirad3.

On subject though, the Rams resigning the second worst head coach in the league has to be the dysfunction award. Only thing worse would be to fire him and hire Ken Wisenhunt.

Good healthy debate, but when the very poll itself assumes the Browns to be the #1 most dysfunctional team (which I believe is absolutely right), kind of says it all right there, no?

As far as true dysfunction goes, I think the Browns are over that hump.  They function at all levels these days, it seems.  The remaining question is the quality of the rebuild.  Are they going to be able elevate the talent level? (Especially on the O-line.   There is a stat that correlates pretty well with draft position: sacks allowed. )

As far as true dysfunction goes, I think the Browns are over that hump.  They function at all levels these days, it seems.  The remaining question is the quality of the rebuild.  Are they going to be able elevate the talent level? (Especially on the O-line.   There is a stat that correlates pretty well with draft position: sacks allowed. )
Disagree.  We have absolutely no idea what sort of competence level ANY of the front office or coaching staff or even the players have yet.

This "rebuild" they did was incredibly easy and something that most any front office personnel in history could have pulled off.  The coaches are hard to evaluate because the entire roster is young/inexperienced and/or new to the team/systems.  The players are all hard to evaluate for the same reason.

Even though I am VERY happy they went with the full scale rebuild, there is NOTHING to this point that gives me actual confidence this regime will "get it right" in terms of putting a good team on the field. 

Not sure how functional you can possibly be at 0-12.

Users who are viewing this thread