What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Green Bay Packers thread (1 Viewer)

I love how losing Tramon Williams is seen as a negative. His last play as a Packer found him letting yet another receiver get the jump on him and not being able to make a play. This play of course ended the Packers season and capped off the most painful loss maybe ever for the team. Useless bum, just like Bostick and Hawk IMO, I'm glad they didn't resign him. Heck I could let players run down the seem ahead of me wide open for less the 10% of Williams' salary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how losing Tramon Williams is seen as a negative. His last play as a Packer found him letting yet another receiver get the jump on him and not being able to make a play. This play of course ended the Packers season and capped off the most painful loss maybe ever for the team. Useless bum, just like Bostick and Hawk IMO, I'm glad they didn't resign him. Heck I could let players run down the seem ahead of me wide open for less the 10% of Williams' salary.
Maybe ever? What could be more painful than losing after being up 13 with 4 minutes left with a Super Bowl trip on the line?

Maybe ever? What could be more painful than losing after being up 13 with 4 minutes left with a Super Bowl trip on the line?
This.4th and 26 vs the Eagles was horrible. Wisconsin vs Kentucky 2 years ago in the Final Four, on a last second 3-pointer was brutal. Losing to Duke courtesy of the officials in the Final this year was rough.

Seattle was on a different level. Most painful game, given the ending, that I will ever witness.

Losing a super bowl that you are favored by 14 in? Both were terrible.

It took a near perfect throw to beat him there.

He was a very solid corner and compliment to Shields. Physical at the line...they don't have that right now.

THey have a question mark at the #2 corner spot at this point.

That you continue to call people useless bums...like this and Hawk...is utterly ridiculous.

This.4th and 26 vs the Eagles was horrible. Wisconsin vs Kentucky 2 years ago in the Final Four, on a last second 3-pointer was brutal. Losing to Duke courtesy of the officials in the Final this year was rough.

Seattle was on a different level. Most painful game, given the ending, that I will ever witness.
Yeah...it sucked.

Up there with the Denver Super Bowl.

It took a near perfect throw to beat him there.

He was a very solid corner and compliment to Shields. Physical at the line...they don't have that right now.

THey have a question mark at the #2 corner spot at this point.

That you continue to call people useless bums...like this and Hawk...is utterly ridiculous.
He was decent. Nothing special. And he fails at the worst possible time.

I don't think there is a ILB worthy of pick 30. If they want to pick an ILB first, I'm guessing they trade back. Pick up a 3rd or 4th, and then select two ILBs in the first four rounds.

If they stick, I'd guess Malcom Brown if available. They might like a CB enough there too (Eric Rowe?), but TT usually likes drafting big guys in the 1st.

They could use help in every unit in D. I'd love to see an all d draft.
They did that recently... two years ago? I think it's helped a lot. The defense was playing at an elite level at the end of last season. Stopped the best rushing offense in game 1 then decimated Seattle on the road; too bad our special teams laid an egg.

ILB are second round picks; Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, list goes on ... you can find thumpers in the second round. I want a high-potential in the first round; a cornerback or defensive lineman with upside. Malcolm Brown or Byron Jones would be awesome. There are 5-6 ILB draftable in the 2nd round, guys like Phil Dawson that might slip.

Mostly agree. If we find a RB or TE, heck even a good value late round WR, we should use a couple later picks on offense. But in general, the bulk of selections should be on defense.
Considering every 2014 offensive starter is under contact for the next two years (except for Quarless), I imagine they will be targeting defensive playmakers. That said, you don't want to ignore positions, and WRs/TEs never hurt; they add athleticism and special teams contributions (which we desperately need!).

Mostly agree. If we find a RB or TE, heck even a good value late round WR, we should use a couple later picks on offense. But in general, the bulk of selections should be on defense.
Considering every 2014 offensive starter is under contact for the next two years (except for Quarless), I imagine they will be targeting defensive playmakers. That said, you don't want to ignore positions, and WRs/TEs never hurt; they add athleticism and special teams contributions (which we desperately need!).
Agreed. If an awesome offensive playmaker falls to us somewhere, we shouldn't hesitate.

They did that recently... two years ago? I think it's helped a lot. The defense was playing at an elite level at the end of last season. Stopped the best rushing offense in game 1 then decimated Seattle on the road; too bad our special teams laid an egg.

ILB are second round picks; Lavonte David, Bobby Wagner, list goes on ... you can find thumpers in the second round. I want a high-potential in the first round; a cornerback or defensive lineman with upside. Malcolm Brown or Byron Jones would be awesome. There are 5-6 ILB draftable in the 2nd round, guys like Phil Dawson that might slip.
I never had confidence in the defense. Maybe that's from watching them get beat like a drum. I was not the least bit surprised they allowed a 40 yard TD pass to lose the NFCC game. This is not an elite defense. When the game was on the line, they wilted as usual.

This defense needs to get stronger up the middle. I'd love to see a 350 lbs nose guard and a MLB or Safety taken in the first three rounds. Preferably all three.

Agreed. If an awesome offensive playmaker falls to us somewhere, we shouldn't hesitate.
I'd love to see an elite return guy get rostered. But mostly I'd love to see a 10 sack guy.

I never had confidence in the defense. Maybe that's from watching them get beat like a drum. I was not the least bit surprised they allowed a 40 yard TD pass to lose the NFCC game. This is not an elite defense. When the game was on the line, they wilted as usual.

This defense needs to get stronger up the middle. I'd love to see a 350 lbs nose guard and a MLB or Safety taken in the first three rounds. Preferably all three.
If you didn't have confidence in that defense you need to adjust your barometer. You're asking too much. The defense was playing at an elite level towards the end of last season.

These were the last 10 games, in terms of points allowed:

37 (GB was up by 24 points at the half - if this game was in contention would have been lower)

28 (no points allowed to offense in first 3.5 quarters of play, special teams lost them this game, not the defense)

Most teams in the league would kill to have that kind of performance against the schedule the Packers played. They were dominating. For reference, the Packers were 7th in least points allowed during that time frame... while playing the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th, and 12th best offenses in the league over that span.

TLDR; saber got rekt

Honest question, were you surprised when they gave up a 3rd and 19, a 4th and 10, or when the allowed Seattle to score on a 7 play, 69 yard drive late in the 4th quarter? Because I wasn't at all.

Honest question, were you surprised when they gave up a 3rd and 19, a 4th and 10, or when the allowed Seattle to score on a 7 play, 69 yard drive late in the 4th quarter? Because I wasn't at all.
You shouldn't be surprised when the defending Super Bowl champs can make great plays late in the game. That doesn't take anything away from the Packers. They were elite on both sides of the ball but had a few unfortunate occurrences not go their way. I don't think anyone debates the Packers had a top 3 overall roster last year (if not the best). They stomped the Pats, and stomped the Seahawks until the final 3:52. Not every elite team wins every game, though.

I'm just hate it when fans overreact and say dumb stuff like "I never had confidence in the defense" ... that's a joke, you're upset and mad, but that team was deserving of your respect. They were a top team last year, so stop pissing all over them because they lost one game.

Wasn't the best player on defense sitting on the sidelines during that part of the game?

None of that mattered if Bostick hadn't screwed up the onside kick.

Seattle is a great team.

None of that mattered if Bostick hadn't screwed up the onside kick.Seattle is a great team.
I am glad Bostick, Hawk, and Tramon are gone. They all played crappy in key situations. Good riddance.

You shouldn't be surprised when the defending Super Bowl champs can make great plays late in the game. That doesn't take anything away from the Packers. They were elite on both sides of the ball but had a few unfortunate occurrences not go their way. I don't think anyone debates the Packers had a top 3 overall roster last year (if not the best). They stomped the Pats, and stomped the Seahawks until the final 3:52. Not every elite team wins every game, though.

I'm just hate it when fans overreact and say dumb stuff like "I never had confidence in the defense" ... that's a joke, you're upset and mad, but that team was deserving of your respect. They were a top team last year, so stop pissing all over them because they lost one game.
They had a good stretch of games. I'll give them that but I never felt confidence in their defense. Still don't. I truly wish capers had been canned.

Amari Cooper and Henry Anderson are the guys I don't want to see arriving in the division... but aw, who cares really, draft time rules.

Gonna go check out "Draft Town" here tomorrow, it's probably just a merchandise bonanza.

edit: I will submit my guess of who GB will pick (if not, perhaps, who they should pick) as Paul Dawson, LB, TCU.

McGinn projects the Packer to trade out of the first round. Here's your soundbite:

"This is a second-round draft in the first round," an executive in personnel for an NFL team said. "Give me a bunch of second-, third- and fourth-round picks. Trade down as many times as you can out of the first. I'd come away with about six or seven starters. "Some coaches are pretty good (evaluators), but this is a complex draft. This is a scout's draft."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/will-ted-thompson-move-down-in-draft-to-find-next-starter-b99490463z1-301784061.html?ipad=y

His first round mock: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/bob-mcginns-first-round-nfl-mock-draft-b99490465z1-301778881.html?ipad=y

Tough to predict Ted. If I could pick one player in this draft to get it would be Danny Shelton. Who would be yours?

Users who are viewing this thread