What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Oakland Raiders Thread (1 Viewer)

Regardless of who the DC is... I just want to see more blitz packages. Aggressiveness is the name of the game. DBs get up in some shirts and bring the house. Our poor corners won't have to cover as long when the QB has to get rid of the ball.

Passive, bend-but-don't-break defenses always break.

I think we need to forget about WRs that aren't going anywhere. Dez and DT aren't available.

Maclin, Torrey, maybe Cobb?

As far as Julius, yeah, he may be overpaid, but this team and QB looks like a WCO, and tight end is big in that offense. We need another
I think you're right, Dez and DT will not even hit the market. Rivera is a decent TE, but Julius is a matchup nightmare and this team needs to add good receivers wherever they can be it WR or TE. It's ok to "overpay" every so often especially with this much cap room.
Cameron and Gresham also available.

Gresham the only blocker of the three, and will be the cheapest. if Cameron puts his helmet on too fast he gets a concussion, so that's a concern.

Raider spokesperson: Hey guys, can you make sure your cell phones are off please?

Mark Davis: If it rings, a dollar goes in the bucket. I've put my dollars in.

I like Tommy Boy, personally.

@RapSheet: The #Raiders press conference to introduce Jack Del Rio is live on @nflnetwork. Mark Davis announces Marc Badain is now president

Being a good HC is about being a CEO, multi-tasking and delegating.

Del Rio apparently hired his OL coach while doing a press conference. Stud.

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Raiders have hired ex-Falcons OL coach Mike Tice for the same position.

There were reports Atlanta denied the Raiders permission to speak to Tice earlier in the week. Tice will reunite with Jack Del Rio, who he previously served under as an assistant head coach in Jacksonville. One of the best offensive line coaches in the league, Tice is an excellent addition to Del Rio's staff.

Source: Mike Silver on Twitter
Jan 16 - 5:23 PM

:popcorn:

I don't expect excellence right now. I'll settle for tough, competitive and non-stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
krsone21 said:
@MikeSilver: Nice score for the Raiders: Mike Tice coming over from Falcons to coach o line...
This is a good get for the Raiders. Tice is a very good OL coach.
Mike Tice - C - Raiders
NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Raiders have hired ex-Falcons OL coach Mike Tice for the same position.
There were reports Atlanta denied the Raiders permission to speak to Tice earlier in the week. Tice will reunite with Jack Del Rio, who he previously served under as an assistant head coach in Jacksonville. One of the best offensive line coaches in the league, Tice is an excellent addition to Del Rio's staff.

“Jack said, ‘Woah, woah, woah, stop. I know about offense as well,’ “ Davis said Friday. “When we met and he dissected the Raiders’ roster and was able to tell me about each offensive player and tell me how he thought they ranked and how they did, it was pretty amazing to me that he had just spent a whole season up in Denver but knew our offensive roster as well as anybody. That showed me that he’s ready to be here and take that part of the anxiety out of me about going with another defensive coach.”

I wonder if Mark is aware JDR had to gameplan for the Raiders twice last year.

@VicTafur: One more: #Raiders haven't contacted Trestman officially yet, but I am told they plan to

@VicTafur: One more: #Raiders haven't contacted Trestman officially yet, but I am told they plan to
@RapSheet: The #Raiders are slated to interview one of their top OC choices — ex-#Bears coach Marc Trestman — in the next day or so, per source.

@JeffDarlington: Madden's role in Raiders' decision to hire Del Rio was big, even bigger than GM Reggie McKenzie. Madden ultimately decided against Sparano.
Do they really need a senile guy making decisions? Seems to me that was part of the problem before....

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Eagles QBs coach Bill Musgrave is a "hot contender" for the Raiders' offensive-coordinator vacancy.

Disgusting. Musgrave proved to be as unimaginative as they come when he was the Vikings' OC under HC Leslie Frazier. He had no idea how to use Percy Harvin. The Vikings finished 18th, 20th, and 13th in total offense under Musgrave from 2011-2013 despite having Harvin and Adrian Peterson. Musgrave was new Raiders coach Jack Del Rio's OC in Jacksonville from 2003-2004.

Related: Raiders

Source: Bill Williamson on Twitter
Jan 18 - 1:12 PM

Tice was not very exciting as a HC but I have a lot of respect for him as a OL coach. Would be nice to get him in too.

@JeffDarlington: Madden's role in Raiders' decision to hire Del Rio was big, even bigger than GM Reggie McKenzie. Madden ultimately decided against Sparano.
Do they really need a senile guy making decisions? Seems to me that was part of the problem before....
link?
He was pretty off his rocker already back when he was on tv - that stuff only goes one way dude
so no link....

@RaidersBeat: Seattle's learning what the #Raiders have been learning all year. When you can't run, you better have playmaker at WR.

I think this WR class is pretty strong.. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders select Cooper, and it wouldn't surprise to see them trade down.

link?
He was pretty off his rocker already back when he was on tv - that stuff only goes one way dude
so no link....
Check out youtube for yourself and report back

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Eagles QBs coach Bill Musgrave is a "hot contender" for the Raiders' offensive-coordinator vacancy.

Disgusting. Musgrave proved to be as unimaginative as they come when he was the Vikings' OC under HC Leslie Frazier. He had no idea how to use Percy Harvin. The Vikings finished 18th, 20th, and 13th in total offense under Musgrave from 2011-2013 despite having Harvin and Adrian Peterson. Musgrave was new Raiders coach Jack Del Rio's OC in Jacksonville from 2003-2004.

Annnnnnnnd there it is.

Rotoworld:

Annnnnnnnd there it is.
I sure hope Musgrave isn't the hire. This guy is uninspiring in physical appearance and, more importantly, his body of work. Didn't we our fill with Knapp and Olsen? <_<

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 3m3 minutes ago
Joe DeCamillis is interviewing in Oakland today per sources. He's got two other stops scheduled, too.

Eric Mangini - C - 49ers

49ers TEs coach Eric Mangini will interview for the Raiders' defensive-coordinator vacancy.
Mangini interviewed for the Raiders' head-coaching job three weeks ago, so he could already be on good footing with GM Reggie McKenzie and company. Ex-Falcons coach mike Smith was initially considered the favorite to run Jack Del Rio's defense, but that is now viewed as unlikely. Mangini would be a decent fallback.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Jan 19 - 1:08 PM

@SiriusXMNFL: Michael Silver of @nflnetwork (@MikeSilver )was told Bill Musgrave will be the next #Raiders offensive coordinator

Was hoping for Trestman :unsure:

They are talking about bringing in Joe DeCamillis to be the special teams coach. The Bears went from one of the best special teams units to very poor under him the last couple years. I had high hopes for this staff, but so far this is very disappointing.

Knapp-Olsen-Musgrave. That's some trio.

Not feeling this Musgrave hire. JDR already fired him after back to back bottom 30 offensive finishes. Middle of road is this guy's ceiling. Looks like he's playing checkers to his counterparts playing chess (see photo above)

I hope JDR has learned something since his time in Jacksonville. I hope everyone that coached under him in Jacksonville did as well because it seems like we will have all of them on this staff.

I hope JDR has learned something since his time in Jacksonville. I hope everyone that coached under him in Jacksonville did as well because it seems like we will have all of them on this staff.
Great...we can now change the name of the team to the oakland Jaguars

Users who are viewing this thread