What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 STOCK CONTEST- For guderian;RESULTS IN POST 379 (1 Viewer)

RAD

Swinging for the fences...stock almost went bankrupt but has shown some positive growth signs and is way up off of its lows, still a lot of room to run though. IRL, a very risky pick with a lot of debt still.

S&P -- 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping for ALU or IAG.

I'll go with NOK

S&P - 1650

How many of you have positions in your stock choice opposed to just making predictions?
I'm still holding SIRI from the 2013 contest (well, sold and bought again)

I plan on picking up some NOK in 2014, though it may never happen.

Fennis said:
Skylord said:
How many of you have positions in your stock choice opposed to just making predictions?
I did last year with AMD. I won't this year.
i own positions in this year pick V-visa and last years pick MA - mastercard. been long since the IPO

BTw where is the 2013 final stats? waiting for close today?

I also believe I owe a box of crap to this years winner.
Thx for "sponsoring".Barring major news in the next two days, Andrew74 will win easily (GST +410%)
Finishing strong today! Box of crap, woohoo!My stock this year is NSPH (Nanosphere). Rough 2013 due to some delays and downgrading projections. Look for it to ramp back up this year as their product penetration ramps up. I think I can get a double.

Edit to add: SPX 1,996.

Fantasycurse- Thank you! As somewhat ccontrarian, I was getting nervous that we made it to 33 picks with no shorts.

Andrew- congrats. I am going to go download this year's numbers right now. Takes a little while because Google Finance is a pain and I have to do a lot of manual fixes, but stay tuned.

Uruk- Hai - THat CEO is a borderline criminal from what I can tell. Give it another shot this year!

Yeah, I heard that - right after my entry last year (In fact, I think you & some others here tried to warn me :bag: )

Sure,SIRI is yours.

If anyone knows how to download a custom view of portfolio on Yahoo. please advise. The tracker is much better than Google, but only let's me download current day prices, which is useless for this. I am pulling the shorts from there now, since Google calculates wrong, and then I'll post 2013 results.

Results for 2013 are here:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=674015&page=5

EXK

1) It's a well run company.

2) It's under valued and could easily double with the right catalyst like high inflation or a big correction.

3) The DOW and S&P are at all time highs thanks to QE, the QE taper will continue, the 5 year cyclic correction is due.

4) As well as a haven, silver is an industrial metal.

S&P $1,472.00

I'm a contrarian

Sure,SIRI is yours.

If anyone knows how to download a custom view of portfolio on Yahoo. please advise. The tracker is much better than Google, but only let's me download current day prices, which is useless for this. I am pulling the shorts from there now, since Google calculates wrong, and then I'll post 2013 results.

Results for 2013 are here:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=674015&page=5
MA, what data do you need? I have a Bloomberg terminal and can set something up to auto-track this in Excel.

TheIronSheik said:
I missed that news about Guderian. That really ####### sucks. :kicksrock:

Give me DDD

Good choice. I forget where, but I read somewhere that this stock was poised to take off. :thumbup:
I had it last year. I still lost the contest, but I did ok. Give me TXT - Textron. I hope speculation on commercial drones will help it rise.

ETA: S&P 1720

If anyone knows how to download a custom view of portfolio on Yahoo. please advise. The tracker is much better than Google, but only let's me download current day prices,
MA, what data do you need? I have a Bloomberg terminal and can set something up to auto-track this in Excel.
Thx, Andrew. Yahoo and Google are easy for me for ongoing tracking. It just made the cut-and-paste to the thread easier when I used Excel vs the web page. But I couldn't hold the formatting in Excel when I posted today anyway (did it manually), so may be a moot point.

Long Neostem - NBS

Wanted this one last year, but they were a penny stock. They executed a 1 for 10 reverse split and closed at $6.82 today. They have some catalysts on deck for 2014, but I'm just hoping they will catch a bid from one of the big boys after the first whiff of good news. I will probably buy 100 shares of this soon, just for ####s and giggles.

S&P 2070.16

Long on Richmont Mines (RIC) for second straight year after it tanked this year. Can't go down much more, can it?

S&P: 1921

Stocks and prices are entered in 1st post through here. Let me know if anything is off. I'll check everything again when we stop taking picks and changes.

Remember that any picks made after the market opens tomorrow will use the higher of 12/31 or day-of-pick close as starting price.

Thx for "sponsoring".Barring major news in the next two days, Andrew74 will win easily (GST +410%)
Finishing strong today! Box of crap, woohoo!My stock this year is NSPH (Nanosphere). Rough 2013 due to some delays and downgrading projections. Look for it to ramp back up this year as their product penetration ramps up. I think I can get a double.

Edit to add: SPX 1,996.
Nicely done. :thumbup: PM me your addy.

Users who are viewing this thread