What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 STOCK CONTEST- For guderian;RESULTS IN POST 379 (2 Viewers)

FireEye (FEYE) – Recently-public cyber security firm can identify “zero day” (previously unknown) threats that signature-based technologies are unable to detect.

S&P- 2020
Really love FEYE as well. With the high speed of cloud adoption by major corporations, and massive data center infrastructure spending in the next decade, it will only be a matter of time before security dominates the news spotlights.

Target is all over the news with their variation of a 'zero day' attack, and it is only be a matter of time before a successful hack on Amazon Web Services or another major US provider. IP theft and national security will continue to pepper news headlines for the forseeable future.

FEYE's virtualization based security is a key differentiator, even "disruptor" to the traditional physical router firewall offered by Barracuda and even other hot IPOs like Palo Alto. FEYE runs millions upon millions of virtualized 'traps', monitors, and quarantine servers all operating in the cloud. Something noone else is doing right now.

Love FEYE long term. Just think FUEL is positioned to make its run earlier.
Well. isn't this a sad read months later. FEYE down 29% and FUEL down 73%. And I failed to pare my FEYE holdings IRL as it soared past a double, since I bought for investment, not trade. :kicksrock: Are you still holding both, Acme?

Notes for year-end calc.

Kodiak Oil & Gas - KOG @ $11.21
Just bought out by Whiting Petroleum for .177sh of WLL, which is $6.59. (Based on Friday closing price of $37.25)

Routilla's pick, CHTP, was bought out by Lundberg in June for $6.44

Warrior's PTEK bought in October by Multimedia Games for 1.35.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, QG. There is a settlement hearing with Apple on Wednesday. This article says Apple chose a different vendor. I thought the issue was that they planned to use sapphire screens for iphone 6 and Then changed their minds.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-19/gt-advanced-apple-settlement-hearing-postponed-to-dec-10-1-.html?cmpid=yhoo
wait the stock actually could move?

I figured it was just in some sort of suspended animation. Still in this! :excited:

;)

-QG

Mine tried to change the endpoint 48 hours before the trial results. That ended badly. :oldunsure:

And I own 150 shares. :lmao:

Got the #### kicked outta me last two days on GILD. Still up...but man.

Great chance to buy more though. This will bounce back fast and furious.

If you're swinging for the fences, you obviously grab an experimental drug that will be feast or famine.

However, a pick like FB is the safe way to invest. You're not going to win the contest but you will land in the upper percentile.

If you're swinging for the fences, you obviously grab an experimental drug that will be feast or famine.

However, a pick like FB is the safe way to invest. You're not going to win the contest but you will land in the upper percentile.
"Safe" may be pushing it, but that is a fair assessment. 7th place for you currently.

Mine tried to change the endpoint 48 hours before the trial results. That ended badly. :oldunsure:

And I own 150 shares. :lmao:
Too bad. What they're trying to do sounds powerful.

"NBS10, which used to be called AMR-001, missed two primary endpoints in the study to test the therapy's efficacy. The stem-cell therapy comes from a patient's own bone marrow and is injected into patients after a heart attack. The stem cells are then supposed to help blood flow and build cardiac muscle.

NeoStem's trial used non-invasive imaging to monitor blood flow through the heart six months after a one dose of NBS10 or a placebo. The study showed no difference between NBS and placebo, NeoStem said."

Third place and climbing, stubby. I finally bought some @ 61.

Everyone, I decided I am definitely taking another break, so I hope someone will take the reins for a 2015 contest. (I'll still play.)

Merry Christmas!

Mystery Achiever said:
Got the #### kicked outta me last two days on GILD. Still up...but man.

Great chance to buy more though. This will bounce back fast and furious.
Added yesterday.
Ignoramus said:
Andrew74 said:
I gotta be in the run for last place. :bag:
Pffft. I've had that #### sewn up since Q1.
Yes, you're cushioned by two bankruptcies, Andrew.
Hey, I got 4 more trading days!

Congrats to GM, whose Amaya pick is up 224%. Be The Match was close behind, with Richmont Mines up 216%.

stubby had the closest S&P prediction @ 2050, with kevzilla next @ 2070.16 (actual=2058.90)

Still need a volunteer to run 2015 contest if people are up for it

AMYGF 224.07% Gen Malaise

RIC 216.00% BeTheMatch

SWKS 154.59% stubby

PLUG 93.55% identikit

ZAGG 56.09% Arid Filch

GWPRF 56.00% jwp

RAD 48.62% bucsforlife_99

BBRY 47.58% Abraham

CHTP 47.18% Routilla

FB 42.76% Eminence

PTEK 40.63% Warrior

AAPL 37.72% Guster

DLR 34.98% Sand

GRPN 29.82% fantasycurse42

ACAD 27.05% tikigods

GILD 25.51% Todem

V 17.75% bicycle seat_sniffer

ZIOP 16.82% Ted Lange

TXT 14.55% lakerstan

JNJ 13.85% mquinnjr

(S&P +11.39%)

GS 9.35% Mister Martie

KERX 9.27% pack100

NFLX 7.21% pecorino

C 3.84% TheIronSheik

F 0.39% rustycolts

DVN -1.07% SteevieG

NOK -3.08% jamny

HMPR -4.00% GoBirds

SCTY -5.88% Nugget

MTNOY -10.14% Buck Bradcanon

GM -14.58% Penguin

IAG -18.92% The Ref

OLED -19.24% Patoons

ALU -19.32% spoons

WGO -20.73% Uruk-Hai

AMZN -22.18% sbonomo

RIBT -24.09% KingPrawn

WMIH -27.30% DZ2300

FEYE -27.59% Mystery Achiever

JCP -29.18% SouthJersey

GRPN -29.82% Peyton Marino

GERN -31.65% sporthenry

LBMH -32.56% The Man With No Name

ONVO -34.51% optionmaven

RESI -35.57% Txns8

MZOR -36.42% Rattle and Hum

FCX -38.10% Sandeman

SSYS -38.30% Witz

MPEL -39.29% Wilfredo Leezma

EXK -40.50% Vladimir

KOG -41.20% Jayrod

NBS -44.72% kevzilla

TSLA -47.85% (HULK)

AMRN -50.27% lod01

SGY -51.20% kutta ---> Our volunteer Blind Monkey Throwing Darts

NXTD -52.69% jason12vb

SNTA -54.93% johnnyrock62000

ZGNX -60.17% Fennis

OPXA -60.44% Gawain

APRI -62.26% Instinctive

DDD -64.63% St Louis Bob

SID -66.45% Al Czervik

GALE -69.56% eoMMan

FUEL -73.78% Acme CEO

SZYM -76.31% elcohiba

NSPH -82.88% Andrew74

GTAT -94.99% QuizGuy66

GEGSQ -99.75% Ignoramus

Mystery Achiever said:
AAPL 37.72% Guster

DLR 34.98% Sand

JNJ 13.85% mquinnjr
My stock picker portfolio had a great year - own these for real (nothing below the line - woohoo!)

Sadly my January is looking ridiculous and I won't have time to sleep, much less run this again.

Third place. Nice. Thanks for running it this year.
Coincidentally, the same person(cosjobs)came in 3rd and won the S&P prediction last year also.
At least I didn't finish last!
You'll always have Gastar!
My stock picker portfolio had a great year - own these for real (nothing below the line - woohoo!)
The ones I own are up, also...except for the one I used for the contest, of course.

If we find someone to run it in the next week or so. We still have St. Louis Bob's Stock Thread for stock talk, though it has been quiet lately.

Mystery Achiever said:
If we find someone to run it in the next week or so. We still have St. Louis Bob's Stock Thread for stock talk, though it has been quiet lately.
I hate to see this not happen this year, so I'll volunteer to run it. I'll just steal the rules from the first post.

I hate to see this not happen this year, so I'll volunteer to run it. I'll just steal the rules from the first post.
Great! Didn't really want to see it die on my watch. ;) I will help keep it bumped for entries. We've started several after New Year'swith a cost basis of early Jan. instead of 12/31. And, whoever runs it gets to tweak the rules if they want. :)

Users who are viewing this thread