What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

I'd like to nominate @rockaction and @Kiddnets for the Jets if they are around.

@ChiefD should take the Chiefs obviously although they also have a pretty good fan base around here.
5-6 years of NFL/AFC dominance will do that of course :lol:

@QuizGuy66 should snag the Bengals
I appreciate that but I have no clue about college players. Maybe @IHEARTFF ?
I'm glad you brought this up because it gets kicked around a lot and I take your word for it but here's how I try and rate the college players, especially skill positions.
If they are a 1st/2nd Rd pick at say WR and there are DBs from the same conference going in the 1st/2nd Rd, what happened when they faced the better players? Both sides...
That doesn't require sitting there for 3.5 hours on a Saturday watching Florida-Kentucky, I feel your pain.
I watch wall to wall on Sundays so typically Saturdays are not NCAA all day in my house, I try to tune in for the Top 10-20 match ups, they typically run them on Saturday Nights.
I don't watch nearly as much college as I do pro and yet I seem to hit on a lot of the rookies coming out.

There's no secret sauce but at least some of it has to do with the teams that Draft them and what kind of scheme they are running.
That said, I had super high hopes for Skyy Moore and thought Mahomes would turn him into Tank Dell but not so far not much
But CJ Stroud was a guy who I felt was terrific vs some of the better teams in college football and he's had an easy adjustment so far, best rookie year at QB I can remember
He took a few WRs with him along the way last year. Plus Tank runs a 40 in like 3 seconds, that always helps.

But I understand if you don't care for college football.
It's easier for me when Miami is at least a Top 20 football team which as of late, like 2 decades, not very often

@ChiefD should take the Chiefs obviously although they also have a pretty good fan base around here.

I can though I would totally defer to @eighsse2 or any of the other Bengals thread peeps as well :)

-QG
I would gladly do it if you preferred not to, though I believe you'd do a much better job of it, haha.

I can though I would totally defer to @eighsse2 or any of the other Bengals thread peeps as well :)

-QG
I would gladly do it if you preferred not to, though I believe you'd do a much better job of it, haha.
I put you both down for CIN for now.

I agree with MoP that you don't have to have an emotional attachment to a team in order to do this. It helps to have knowledge of that team's roster and needs, but no emotional attachment needed so if anyone wants to participate but your team is taken, you're still welcome.

Also, the Jets are taken but it doesn't mean people can't discuss picks before making them. I hope this whole thing leads to good discussion in general. Plus, I'm bored and this should be fun.

I'm happy to take any team that is left. The runt that nobody else wants.
I'm going to put you down for the Rams for now, if that's ok. Do you have a preference among the remaining teams? We're at a point where if we can't fill in the rest we can have a few people taking a 2nd team so I'd like to put you down for one of them now.

-QG
I'm just trying to move things along, this is a great thread idea
:thumbup:

I'm not enough of a draftnik to know where players should go, but if someone wants to take the Ravens I can offer my input as to how I think they would choose between players X, Y, & Z

I'm not enough of a draftnik to know where players should go, but if someone wants to take the Ravens I can offer my input as to how I think they would choose between players X, Y, & Z

Why don't you just take them and have the conversation here with whoever wants to chime in? That's how this worked many years ago, and it was good stuff. Good team and prospect evals. Some of us share what we think, and you be the decider? It's the Ravens. They draft BPA I think.

Why don't you just take them and have the conversation here with whoever wants to chime in? That's how this worked many years ago, and it was good stuff. Good team and prospect evals. Some of us share what we think, and you be the decider? It's the Ravens. They draft BPA I think.
Ok, I'll play. I just don't know the prospects and how they rank. I'll crowd-source as we get deeper into the draft. I could actually see them trading their #1 and moving back, but I don't want to do that here.

Pencil me in for the Patriots. Anarchy99 or Boston can pick if I'm not around. Anarchy99 can veto me.

New England Patriots
1.03 -- QB. Jayden Daniels, LSU

if available, else

New England Patriots
1.03 -- WR. Marvin Harrison Jr., OSU
If no on Daniels, I'd go Maye.

Just don't think there's enough separation between Harrison and Nabers so if no on QB at 3, trade down.

Disregard, I missed Lawfitz, he was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY earlier than me.

And WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY rhymes with RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADERS

When does this start?
We will start by Tuesday.
Ok you can sign me up for a team if you need me. I prefer the Chargers out of the teams left but any one is fine.
Since LAC is taken I signed you up for HOU. Let me know if you prefer a different team. CHI is also available since it's currently signed to someone who has another team.
Sure, I will take a shot at to e Texans if no one else wants them.

When does this start?
Ok you can sign me up for a team if you need me. I prefer the Chargers out of the teams left but any one is fine.
Since LAC is taken I signed you up for HOU. Let me know if you prefer a different team. CHI is also available since it's currently signed to someone who has another team.
DT and CB might be the biggest needs, with WR another good position especially if someone slides.

When does this start?
DT and CB might be the biggest needs, with WR another good position especially if someone slides.
You a Texans fan? If so, feel free to take them .

When does this start?
I was gonna suggest you for the Ravens :lol:

We used to do a mock draft where we each take an NFL team and we select players for the 1st 3 rounds of the NFL draft. Are you guys interested in doing that? If so, I'll take the Giants. Here is sign up:

When posting a selection, please post it like this so I can copy and paste it into the summary posts:
Chicago Bears
1.01 -- QB. Caleb Williams, USC

Please bold the team name and player name too, like above. Please also write an explanation of the pick if you want. Please also @ whoever is picking next so we can keep it moving.

Here's a list of the rookies available and their rankings by CBS. It should be helpful to those who don't know much about the rookies beyond the mainstream ones everyone is talking about. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/.

Arizona Cardinals - Chaos34 (2nd team - if someone else wants it let us know)
Atlanta Falcons - Ministry of Pain
Baltimore Ravens - Uruk-Hai
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers - Birdie048
Chicago Bears - ZWK
Cincinnati Bengals - QuizGuy66 and eighsse2
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys - Chaos34
Denver Broncos - bro1ncos
Detroit Lions - Ilov80s
Green Bay Packers - Crippler
Houston Texans - JoeSteeler
Indianapolis Colts - smbkrypt24
Jacksonville Jaguars- Streetduck
Kansas City Chiefs
Las Vegas Raiders - LawFitz
Los Angeles Chargers - Zow
Los Angeles Rams - Wigglytuff's Gruff
Miami Dolphins - SoBeDad
Minnesota Vikings - FunkyPlutos
New England Patriots - SeniorVBDStudent
New Orleans Saints - TheWinz
New York Giants - RC94
New York Jets - Mphtrilogy
Philadelphia Eagles - Long Ball Larry
Pittsburgh Steelers - steelcityman
San Francisco 49ers - efactor
Seattle Seahawks - Duckboy
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Grahamburn
Tennessee Titans - -OZ-
Washington Commanders - Harjiran

Love that y'all are doing this. Could be great content.

If we can add a couple of things, I can see this being something we could promote on social media to a larger audience.

1. Could you make at least a sentence or two explaining the pick as a mandatory part of the content? The explanation is every bit as important as the actual pick.
2. For each drafter, a 2 or 3-sentence bio on who you are. Would give a ton of context for readers.

We used to do a mock draft where we each take an NFL team and we select players for the 1st 3 rounds of the NFL draft. Are you guys interested in doing that? If so, I'll take the Giants. Here is sign up:

When posting a selection, please post it like this so I can copy and paste it into the summary posts:
Chicago Bears

Please bold the team name and player name too, like above. Please also write an explanation of the pick if you want. Please also @ whoever is picking next so we can keep it moving.

Here's a list of the rookies available and their rankings by CBS. It should be helpful to those who don't know much about the rookies beyond the mainstream ones everyone is talking about. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/.

Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears - ZWK
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys - Chaos34
Detroit Lions - Ilov80s
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - SoBeDad
New York Giants - RC94
Tennessee Titans - -OZ-

If we can add a couple of things, I can see this being something we could promote on social media to a larger audience.

1. Could you make at least a sentence or two explaining the pick as a mandatory part of the content? The explanation is every bit as important as the actual pick.
2. For each drafter, a 2 or 3-sentence bio on who you are. Would give a ton of context for readers.
I don't really like this. None of us are professional draftniks and many don't know much about players beyond the projected 1st round picks. I don't want to provide a bio either. This was just supposed to be for fun.

Chicago Bears

Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears - ZWK
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys - Chaos34
Detroit Lions - Ilov80s
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - SoBeDad
New York Giants - RC94
Tennessee Titans - -OZ-

I don't really like this. None of us are professional draftniks and many don't know much about players beyond the projected 1st round picks. I don't want to provide a bio either. This was just supposed to be for fun.

Ok, Nevermind then. Thought this would be a fun opportunity to share the expertise from the board with more people and highlight the posters here. We used to do quite a bit of that and thought it might be fun to bring back.

No worries.

Chicago Bears

Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears - ZWK
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys - Chaos34
Detroit Lions - Ilov80s
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - SoBeDad
New York Giants - RC94
Tennessee Titans - -OZ-

Ok, Nevermind then. Thought this would be a fun opportunity to share the expertise from the board with more people and highlight the posters here. We used to do quite a bit of that and thought it might be fun to bring back.

No worries.
It's your website so you can do what you want, but I can tell you that the explanation for some picks is going to be along the lines of this - "I don't know much about this specific player but the point to this pick is that I wanted an offensive lineman here." Not sure how that's useful content, but I can see promoting the board in general and the kind of discussion and fun we have here.

Chicago Bears

Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears - ZWK
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys - Chaos34
Detroit Lions - Ilov80s
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - SoBeDad
New York Giants - RC94
Tennessee Titans - -OZ-

No worries.
It's your website so you can do what you want, but I can tell you that the explanation for some picks is going to be along the lines of this - "I don't know much about this specific player but the point to this pick is that I wanted an offensive lineman here." Not sure how that's useful content, but I can see promoting the board in general and the kind of discussion and fun we have here.

No worries. You guys do what you were doing here as you planned. Zero interest in trying to promote anything people don't like.

I was just thinking about how many sharp people we have here and was thinking of a fun way to highlight folks to a bigger audience. As you know, we used to do a lot of that.

Some of the folks on our Footballguys Discord had been talking about doing something like this and we can look there at something maybe.

What do you think @Birdie048 ?
Hi Joe,

-> Justification or reasoning is a great addition. I think the team needs, options on available players and more than BPA is a good point.

However, adding more on the writer can be complicated.
Bio is a little tricky as some are more versed at college game level activity and it almost feels like a "what makes you qualified" when it is just for our purposes?

Chicago Bears

Buffalo Bills
Chicago Bears - ZWK
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys - Chaos34
Detroit Lions - Ilov80s
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins - SoBeDad
New York Giants - RC94
Tennessee Titans - -OZ-

Agreed on the bio.
But I would like to encourage commentary.

What do you think @Birdie048 ?
Hi Joe,

-> Justification or reasoning is a great addition. I think the team needs, options on available players and more than BPA is a good point.

However, adding more on the writer can be complicated.
Bio is a little tricky as some are more versed at college game level activity and it almost feels like a "what makes you qualified" when it is just for our purposes?

Sure. No worries at all and don't worry about trying to do anything additional with this. It can be as RC94 said just a fun thing for here. Definitely don't want to ask people to do anything they don't like.

All good. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

When does this start?

I am, but I'm not as read up on all the incoming rookies as I used to be back in my FF days. Happy to have you do it if you'd like to. Just figured I'd help mention the roster needs I see as I do follow that more closely than the draftee pool.

Also feel free to discuss any of it in the Texans thread if you want input. Good luck, do us proud! :)

Only 4 teams available now - ARI, BUF, CLE and KC. We have someone who has another team who can also take ARI if we don't get anyone. I'm sure we can also fill in the other 3 if needed so I think we can start tomorrow afternoon if you guys want. I'd like to give it at least tomorrow morning for people to get back from the weekend and take one of the teams, but we're pretty much ready to start if we don't get anyone else.

I'll take a team if there's still people needed to get things going, just be aware that I don't watch college so will just go with simple research and vanilla picks from that

I'll take Dallas.
I hope your first consideration is O-line. Otherwise I would consider trading down for more picks

Agreed. There's 4 OLs, I'll be eyeballing with priority for Rd 1, and not the often reported top 3, so it's likely. If they all fall, RD 2 may be smarter and BPA for RD 1. There's some pretty sure things at IOL that should be available. It's much deeper than BigDraft and the draftnik community thinks. I might take two. I'm an OL junkie. It wasn't the triplets that made the 90s so good. It was that OL.

Jimmy got a ton of attention for his draft pick trade value chart. He schooled the league for sure. But he also insisted it wasn't just gaining draft value that turned the team around. It was ignoring so called team needs and just filling the team with the best available players regardless of position. Strengthening a strength being more valuable than addressing a weakness if the player is the best available. The best example was suprising everyone by taking Steve Walsh a year after taking Aikman. He saw Walsh as best available and his trade value as more valuable than any available player, and it worked. New Orleans gave him a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd. The rest is history.

It's hard to ignore the dire need to fix that run D, but I wouldn't try at the expense of a much better football player.

Agreed. There's 4 OLs, I'll be eyeballing with priority for Rd 1, and not the often reported top 3, so it's likely. If they all fall, RD 2 may be smarter and BPA for RD 1. There's some pretty sure things at IOL that should be available. It's much deeper than BigDraft and the draftnik community thinks. I might take two. I'm an OL junkie. It wasn't the triplets that made the 90s so good. It was that OL.
As many as 5 of the 8 teams drafting 13th (LV) to 21st (MIA) could draft oline. Plus 2 who might go earlier (Alt+). If Miami's or Dallas' preferred oline players are gone, what will they do? A Miami trade down is possible given the lack of a 3rd or 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread