What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings (2 Viewers)

@Hartliner I would say that Ahmed, Salvon and Brooks, Chris and even Jeff Wilson should be on the list - the way the MIA backfield is producing, no matter who is in there, could make any of those RBs very relevant (and possible King Makers). At a minimum they need to be on folks' radar.
just my 2 cents
Was Ahmed a healthy scratch last week in favor of Brooks?

Anyone think Mason takes over as the #2 back in SF?
Even if Mitchell comes back he will just get hurt again. If CMC happened to go down it would be really interesting if TRD gets more work or if mason will be the bellcow
Running the football is only a part of it. There are so many other parts that do not show up on the stat sheet that go into being a serviceable running back. There is a reason why Mitchell is ahead of TDP and Mason and it has nothing to do with running the ball.
In the DAL-SF game thread, I asked how Mason had such high PFF grades on 2022 (90+) and 2023 (88). He must be good at several parts of being a RB in SF.
Do you think the coaches simply do not like him then?
I think the coaches like him plenty. Mason got his first action at the 4 minute mark of the first quarter last night. He had 10 rushes and one target before TDP saw his first action with 10:35 left in the 4th quarter. At that point Shanahan pulled Mason for the rest of the game, presumably because they see him as more valuable than TDP.

Mason was in on 21% of the snaps (13 of 62) before being rested. Mason was in on the last 7 SF snaps of the game.

IDK where Mason stands WRT Mitchell but it seems pretty clear Mason>Price
Mason and TDP succeeded in mop up duty where Mitchell struggled to get a 1st when(iirc) it was his turn

Anyone think Mason takes over as the #2 back in SF?
Even if Mitchell comes back he will just get hurt again. If CMC happened to go down it would be really interesting if TRD gets more work or if mason will be the bellcow
Running the football is only a part of it. There are so many other parts that do not show up on the stat sheet that go into being a serviceable running back. There is a reason why Mitchell is ahead of TDP and Mason and it has nothing to do with running the ball.
In the DAL-SF game thread, I asked how Mason had such high PFF grades on 2022 (90+) and 2023 (88). He must be good at several parts of being a RB in SF.
Do you think the coaches simply do not like him then?
I think the coaches like him plenty. Mason got his first action at the 4 minute mark of the first quarter last night. He had 10 rushes and one target before TDP saw his first action with 10:35 left in the 4th quarter. At that point Shanahan pulled Mason for the rest of the game, presumably because they see him as more valuable than TDP.

Mason was in on 21% of the snaps (13 of 62) before being rested. Mason was in on the last 7 SF snaps of the game.

IDK where Mason stands WRT Mitchell but it seems pretty clear Mason>Price
Mason and TDP succeeded in mop up duty where Mitchell struggled to get a 1st when(iirc) it was his turn
It’s Mitchell then Mason but does anybody think Mitchell can hold up? I think the 9ers would be wise to not over use CMC and get Mason the ball more. He has a physical element and the size to hold up

DET:
  • Jahmyr Gibbs : Is an RBBC guy. Craig Reynolds looks like a better backup to Monty's role.

for context:
  1. @ KC 0 OFF snaps 16 ST snaps (he is a valuable 4-phase guy)
  2. SEA 10 Off snaps 11 ST snaps no defined role just sprinkled in 3-7 rush caught his only target of the season for (-2)
  3. ATL 20 OFF snaps 13 ST snaps with Monty out both Gibbs (42) & CR saw a season high snap count but only 4-15 usage
  4. @ GB 1 OFF snap 20 ST snaps no touches season high ST snaps (simplu a function of how often they kicked - no change in his role through 4 g)
  5. CAR 13 OFF snap 4 ST snaps 7-52-1 with Gibbs out (hammy)
For the last game Craig ceded his ST role to Bam Knight, who incidentally suffered a season ending shoulder injury. The Lions hit them early scoring on a long drive and then capitalizing on 3 turnovers with TD drives of 20, 38, & 31. No snaps in the first 3 Q that I remember but played the last two drives. On the Lions penultimate drive he saw his first touches.

It was all Reynolds & Reynolds - no gain for Craig, 27 yard deep ball to Josh, and then Craig runs of 17, 7, 19, 0, and 5 for the TD. After the second long run down to the five he needed a breather but Assistant Coach Scottie Montgomery and RB David Montgomery both waved him back to the huddle. After he scored David sprinted down to the EZ with his helmet on and was one of the first to reach him, lifting him up in a bear hug. After 113 career touches (5 years, 4 teams, only made a 53-man out of camp once) he had finally scored his first ever NFL touchdown.

He is the ultimate JAG in FF terms. In real football terms, great teammate, adequate replacement level backup, with his best attribute being he is great on STs. He is one of my favorite obscure players and easy to root for bc of his personal story, but probably won't ever be relevant for our hobby.

@Hartliner I appreciate you doing this every year. Good discussion.

It's a bit unwieldy but also readily apparent you do your best to keep it on point and somewhat organized. I wish I had better suggestions on how to improve it bc this aspect of FF is so important every year.

@Hartliner I would say that Ahmed, Salvon and Brooks, Chris and even Jeff Wilson should be on the list - the way the MIA backfield is producing, no matter who is in there, could make any of those RBs very relevant (and possible King Makers). At a minimum they need to be on folks' radar.
just my 2 cents
Was Ahmed a healthy scratch last week in favor of Brooks?
Yes, Ahmed had recovered from his injury designation (groin) and was a healthy scratch. Brooks was a better backup to Achane and Mostert, as he can play the FB role. Ahmed is faster than his 4.62 proday 40. Supposedly, he did 4.32 as an incoming freshman. Ahmed is a good receiver.

Who are your Top 3 "Lotto" (free) RBs going into Week 6? Here's mine:
  1. Jordan Mason SFO
  2. Salman Achmed MIA (while Achane is out)
  3. Zach Evans LAR - thanks to @Lansdowne !
Honorable Mention (due to probably already rostered (not free)
  • Jaleel McLaughlin DEN
  • Tyjae Spears TEN

So if I'm reading the blurbs right about Miami.... Ahmed was a healthy scratch when Achane was active, and Brooks was active over Ahmed, but potentially because of his role on special teams? And now we think Ahmed jumps back over him in the pecking order?

So if I'm reading the blurbs right about Miami.... Ahmed was a healthy scratch when Achane was active, and Brooks was active over Ahmed, but potentially because of his role on special teams? And now we think Ahmed jumps back over him in the pecking order?
Tanner Conner, TE, was elevated for the game for special teams. Could be to relieve Brooks on ST. I think both Brooks and the trusted Ahmed get carries. Starting either of them is a big FF risk.

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  2. Salman Ahmed MIA (while Achane is out)
  3. Zach Evans LAR

Evans & Mason out there, Mitchell is my RB6 making his debut tomorrow. Tempted to drop him for Mason though. Thoughts?

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  3. Zach Evans LAR

Evans & Mason out there, Mitchell is my RB6 making his debut tomorrow. Tempted to drop him for Mason though. Thoughts?
I know I’m not the one you’re asking but IMO you should hold Mitchell (whether it’s Elijah or Keaton). I like Mason but he needs two RB injuries ahead of him to be relevant, which while possible isn’t something I’d bet on happening at the same time. As for Evans as much as I like him as a lotto ticket, I don’t see him getting significant play this week even if Kyren gets hurt. But he’s still my favorite long term speculation for the second half of the season. I’m just trying to be ahead of the curve.

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  3. Zach Evans LAR

I know I’m not the one you’re asking but IMO you should hold Mitchell (whether it’s Elijah or Keaton). I like Mason but he needs two RB injuries ahead of him to be relevant, which while possible isn’t something I’d bet on happening at the same time.

Keaton

Yeah, we’re talking RB6, I’ll see how the lil’ guy looks (if he even gets touches) before throwing him back. Just bored rosterbation if I don’t give him 1 week to see what he’s got.

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  3. Zach Evans LAR

I know I’m not the one you’re asking but IMO you should hold Mitchell (whether it’s Elijah or Keaton). I like Mason but he needs two RB injuries ahead of him to be relevant, which while possible isn’t something I’d bet on happening at the same time.

Keaton

Yeah, we’re talking RB6, I’ll see how the lil’ guy looks (if he even gets touches) before throwing him back. Just bored rosterbation if I don’t give him 1 week to see what he’s got.
When it’s close enough, go with the mystery box. Maybe he’s McLaughlin, maybe he’s McWeapon (I still remember his brief time as a trendy pickup in 2021).

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  3. Zach Evans LAR

Keaton

When it’s close enough, go with the mystery box. Maybe he’s McLaughlin, maybe he’s McWeapon (I still remember his brief time as a trendy pickup in 2021).

FFers love the mystery box. I forgot to snap up Achane in the late rounds but a McLaughlin could be anything. I underbid on McWeapon but that's OK bc Mitchell could be Darren Sproles. It never ends lol.

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  3. Zach Evans LAR

Keaton

FFers love the mystery box. I forgot to snap up Achane in the late rounds but a McLaughlin could be anything. I underbid on McWeapon but that's OK bc Mitchell could be Darren Sproles. It never ends lol.
Just in case you didn’t pick up on it the McWeapon reference was to Jeremy McNichols, the Titans satellite back in 2021 who I had briefly rostered and then cut right before he had a 12-target, 8 catch, 74 yard performance and got snapped up off waivers the next week. He did nothing of note the rest of the season as Dontrell Hilliard ended up taking his role as the season progressed.

As for Keaton Mitchell, he could be anything. But I’m guessing he’s merely a return man to start out, well behind Gus Edwards and Justice Hill. Not a bad lotto ticket to have though, as it’s good to have the Ravens RB if the volume follows.

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  3. Zach Evans LAR

Keaton

Just in case you didn’t pick up on it the McWeapon reference was to Jeremy McNichols, the Titans satellite back in 2021 who I had briefly rostered and then cut right before he had a 12-target, 8 catch, 74 yard performance and got snapped up off waivers the next week. He did nothing of note the rest of the season as Dontrell Hilliard ended up taking his role as the season progressed.

As for Keaton Mitchell, he could be anything. But I’m guessing he’s merely a return man to start out, well behind Gus Edwards and Justice Hill. Not a bad lotto ticket to have though, as it’s good to have the Ravens RB if the volume follows.

Oh yeah my unreliable 61 y.o. mind missed that reference, thanks lol

This is a general point in the strategy of this lotto pick and bench players:

One downside I'm noticing by being much more closely tied to these RB lotto picks is that I do see an urge to pickup someone up that has a 1% chance at higher ceiling over backups that have a steady path to fantasy relevance. I was very tempted by Salvon Ahmed this week, but after reading more, I realized I already have good lotto picks(Spears/Bigsby) and my bench should limit these chances with the higher floor plays like Rashee Rice for the bye weeks that are incoming.

How I was becoming

1. Jordan Mason SFO
  3. Zach Evans LAR

FWIW I'd rather have Mason - I just don't trust Mitchell to stay healthy - I feel bad for thinking this way - I never want to see players get injured - let me put it this way: if (God forbid) CMC cannot play Mason is the long term answer. Just MHO

Are folks dropping Akers for LOTTO RBs? I know no-one cares about my fantasy team but I'm considering dropping him for the likes of:
  • C Brooks MIA
  • Keaton Mitchell BAL
  • Zach Evans LAR
Opinions?

UPDATE: I really confused names in the original version of this post - it is correct now. Apologies.

Last edited:
Are folks dropping Akers for LOTTO RBs? I know no-one cares about my fantasy team but I'm considering dropping him for the likes of:
  • C Brooks MIA
  • K Mitchell BAL
  • K Williams LAR
Opinions?

For kyren? When was this post made? Pre week 1?

SF a run heavy team that is tailor made to plug in any healthy Rb. Sure there’s no replacing cmc but whoever plays rb for Sf is going to eat. Mason will be the top add this week no doubt.

Update after week 6 barring MNF.

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 7:
  • Roschon Johnson (Talent): Injured? Concussed and may see a bigger workload if he can clear protocol.
  • Donte Foreman (Talent): A sneaky pickup, given his history of 900 yards with the Panthers post CMC trade.
  • Keontay Ingram (JAG?): Potential top replacement for James Conner, I don't believe split w/ D. Williams usage holds in coming weeks. I'm thinking it was an Ingram ramp up.
  • Jordan Mason (Talented): CMC opens it up for a 1-week rental sort of play. CMC is not the picture of health so hold em if you got em.
  • Craig Reynolds(JAG): Monty opens it up for a 1-week rental sort of play.

CANDIDATES for the Season Changing – KingMaker List - by division

I'll Bold the Kingmakers
I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent
As of Monday, Oct 16th.

AFC East
  • BUF: Damien Harris: injured and because of that Latavius Murray: JAG with a cemented role
  • MIA: Salvon Ahmed (JAG): Top backup though, must consider the opportunities created by the blowout effect. Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): Still on IR, not sure what to make of this, maybe it is worse than we thought? Chris Brooks: Injured. Devon Achane: Injured… Of course, you know but unclear when he'll be back.
  • NEP: Zeke Elliott: Washed Offense, might be a low-end flex if Stevenson is this bad.
  • NYJ: Michael Carter: Monitoring. Dalvin Cook: Washed
AFC North
  • BAL: Gus Edwards, Justice Hill (Talent) or Keaton Mitchell(Talent?) roster stash them Melvin Gordon/Kenyan Drake: JAGS We can start to fade this backfield; it is destined for RBBC tho.
  • CIN: Chase Brown (Talent?): Monitor.
  • CLE: Hunt (Talent): Workload increased. Monitor Closely/stash. Strong: Monitor
  • PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Already forced a split last year. Top 5 Kingmaker rank. I think they are a flex. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.
AFC South
  • HOU: Devin Singletary: Is the definitive handcuff and has low-end flex appeal. Pierce looks pedestrian and is letting this turn into RBBC.
  • IND: JT/Moss are both in a flex category. Might be the week JT overtakes Moss?
  • JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent?): Uninvolved Kingmaker.
  • TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex. Hassan Haskins: JAG.
AFC West
  • DEN: Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent) Top 5 Kingmaker, Upside FLEX with RB1 ceiling if Javonte gets out of the picture. Thanks to @daylight for the heads up. Samaje Perine (JAG COP): Not seeing Perine take advantage here.
  • KCC: Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
  • LVR: Zamir White: Uninvolved Kingmaker.
  • LAC: Joshua Kelley(JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity. Stash until Ekeler returns and then - I would not roster. Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.
NFC East
  • DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent/Injured): Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
  • NYG: Matt Breida(Confirmed JAG): Monitor since Barkley is at an increased injury risk as he pushes to play.
  • PHI: Kenneth Gainwell (Talent): Top backup. Rashad Penny: Injury risk. Boston Scott: JAG. but seems like destined for RBBC
  • WAS: Antonio Gibson (Talent): Frontrunner but he fumbles so much, downgrading him. Might be a low-end flex COP.
NFC North
  • CHI: Roschon Johnson (Talent): Pretty bleak O, should clear concussion protocol. Donte Foreman(Talent?/JAG). Pending Roschon doesn't clear protocol, Foreman is a pivot/pickup.
  • DET: Jahmyr Gibbs: Is an RBBC guy. Craig Reynolds(JAG): looks like a better backup to Monty's role.
  • GBP: AJ Dillon: Might be Jag at this point.
  • MIN: Ty Chandler monitor: Cam Akers looms.
NFC South
  • ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered and top 5 Kingmaker.
  • CAR: Chubba Hubbard(Talent): My bad! I held him back since I thought I knew him, but he proved he belongs. Not a great O, but gets a workload.
  • NO: Jamaal Williams: Injured. Kendre Miller: Monitoring. Tony Jones Jr.: Monitor.
  • TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent): Splitting first-team reps; he is looking to be backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne .Chase Edmonds: Monitor. Ke’Shawn Vaughn: JAG.
NFC West
  • ARI: Keaontay Ingram: JAG that split with another JAG D. Williams, but I hope "D. Williams will get phased out though". Corey Clement: JAG. Emari Demercado: COP but feel bad if you spent the money on him. Take solace that a lot of folks whiffed on this though. **** happens.
  • LAR: Ronnie Rivers: Worth a monitor, dinged up. Zach Evans(Talent?): incumbent starter thanks to @Lansdowne. Myles Gaskin(JAG?): most like Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of backfield. Darrel Henderson(JAG): most experienced in system. (Updated this section 10/19)
  • SF: Jordan Mason (Talented): CMC opens it up for a 1-week rental sort of play. CMC is not the picture of health, so hold em if you got em. Eli Mitchell (Talent): Injured, top 5 Kingmaker.
  • SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them.
Congrats if you read the whole thing! 20 possible Kingmakers trending up from 15 as things become murky with injuries.

History of Lotto pick hits: if they are out there, spend the FAAB/Waiver if you need RB help.
  • Kyren Williams: RB1 ROS.
  • Zack Moss: JT saga continues. Hold, he's a proven Kingmaker and could still be in the rotation as a flex with upside.
  • Jerome Ford: RB2 ROS. Really cemented himself in my eyes with his play against niners. Better weeks are ahead. And PJ Walker might make this team more dynamic?
  • Devon Achane: RB1 ROS. Ready to crown him. Mostert is still there but saw enough that his role is growing, and coaches like him. RB1 ROS.

Last edited:
Mason is the handcuff to own.
And now it’s too late to get him for free.

banging my head against wall the last two days

thought about adding Zach Evans & Jordan Mason Sunday morning in a deep bench redraft, would only have to cut my WR6 or TE2 or DST2

expensive mini-blunder on my part
Bah, you can't add everyone. I remember I was upset when I did not add Josh Kelley when he looked really good when he was the COP back.

Updated my LAR section based on the adjustments made mid week by team, should be a fun exercise.

• LAR: Ronnie Rivers: Worth a monitor, dinged up. Zach Evans(Talent?): incumbent starter thanks to @Lansdowne. Myles Gaskin(JAG?): most like Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of backfield based on beat reporter. thanks @kyoun1e for bringing it up in Kyren thread. Darrel Henderson(JAG): most experienced in system. (Updated this section 10/19)
Basically it comes down to who do you trust the most to protect the Stafford statue. The best pure runner is Evans at this point but he is prolly the weakest at pass pro. Henderson prolly is the best at pass pro and weakest runner. Myles Gaskin is the happy medium of having juice in the run and pass pro. My bet is on Myles Gaskin w/ gun to my head.

Last edited:
Updated my LAR section based on the adjustments made mid week by team, should be a fun exercise.

• LAR: Ronnie Rivers: Worth a monitor, dinged up. Zach Evans(Talent?): incumbent starter thanks to @Lansdowne. Myles Gaskin(JAG?): most like Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of backfield based on beat reporter. thanks @kyoun1e for bringing it up in Kyren thread. Darrel Henderson(JAG): most experienced in system. (Updated this section 10/19)
Basically it comes down to who do you trust the most to protect the Stafford statue. The best pure runner is Evans at this point but he is prolly the weakest at pass pro. Henderson prolly is the best at pass pro and weakest runner. Myles Gaskin is the happy medium of having juice in the run and pass pro. My bet is on Myles Gaskin w/ gun to my head.
Where does Rams RB Royce Freeman fit in all of this? (they activated him from their Practice Squad to the 53 man roster in the last couple days).

Last edited:
Geez they really hired a lot of folks, I think prolly same tier as Henderson? but honestly he was an afterthought to me.

Where does Royce Freeman fit in all of this?
All we can do is speculate, only McVay knows for sure. There's as much a chance that Henderson leads the backfield because of his familiarity with the offense, as there is of him being inactive due to not yet being in football shape. Freeman to me is the least likely to have a fantasy impact. He may see snaps as a glorified fullback as the biggest one of the bunch. To go back to my previous baseball analogy, if Evans was swinging for the fences, and Rivers was swinging for a single, Freeman is laying down a bunt.

Evans has the highest ceiling but only if he gets enough carries. Gaskin is interesting because he's got similar size to Williams and Rivers and would be exactly the type of curveball that fantasy managers don't anticipate leading the backfield. Henderson is underwhelming and is unlikely to do a lot coming right off the street, but he has the most history with McVay for better or worse. I rank it Evans > Gaskin > Henderson > Freeman, but any combination is in play. Would not start any of them unless absolutely desperate.

I since have leaned Henderson and decided to roster them on bench and drop Ingram. We’ll see how this LAR backfield fares as we go.

Update after week 7 barring MNF.

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 8:
  • Roschon Johnson(Talent) : Injured? Concussed and may see a bigger workload if he can clear protocol.
  • Donte Foreman(Talent) : Pending Roschon status we can see another good outing.
  • Darrel HendersonJr, (Talent?/JAG?) : Bias incoming, I have history with this player last couple of years, I think he is legit. If Kyren is great I think Henderson can be to in this system. Its not just the TD, He came in from off the couch and got 18 carries and McVay really appreciates him to give him the nod as starter. Even if it was ceremonious, it is a sign of confidence. Also only obstacle appears to be Freeman and Gaskin when he gets up to speed. By then Kyren should be back. Lets enjoy this comeback story!
  • Emari Demercado(Talent?/JAG?) : They did not like Keontay that’s good. It’s also kind of indecisive that’s bad. Will this coaching staff flip flop? Hard to tell but, lets pick him back up

I'll Bold the Kingmakers
I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent
As of Monday, Oct 23rd.

AFC East
  • BUF: Latavius Murray : JAG with a cemented role at 30%
  • MIA: Salvon Ahmed(JAG) : monitor. Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): Activated and now most likely top backup. Chris Brooks: Injured. Devon Achane: Injured.
  • NEP: Zeke Elliott: Washed Offense, might be a low-end flex ifStevensonis this bad.
  • NYJ: Michael Carter: Monitoring. Dalvin Cook: Washed
AFC North
  • BAL: Gus Edwards: Finally some clarity. Favored in a now Monken style offense. Hope you got him. Justice Hill or Keaton Mitchellmonitor Melvin Gordon or Kenyan Drake: JAGS
  • CIN: Chase Brown(Talent?): Monitor.
  • CLE: Hunt(Talent): Possible HAS for Ford opens the door. Must stash. Strong: Monitor/stash since Hunt is a little banged up too. Deon Jackson: Monitor
  • PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent) : Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Already forced a split last year. Top 5 Kingmaker rank. I think they are a flex. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.
AFC South
  • HOU: Devin Singletary: Is the definitive handcuff and has low-end flex appeal. Pierce looks pedestrian and is letting this turn into RBBC.
  • IND: Moss: A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.
  • JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent?) : Uninvolved Kingmaker.
  • TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent) : A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex. Hassan Haskins: JAG.
AFC West
  • DEN: Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent) A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex. Samaje Perine (JAG COP): less involved
  • KCC: Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
  • LVR: Zamir White: Uninvolved Kingmaker.
  • LAC: Joshua Kelley(JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity. Ekeler reaggravated ankle not looking good cliff? Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.
NFC East
  • DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent) : Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
  • NYG: Matt Breida(Confirmed JAG): Monitor since Barkley is at an increased injury risk as he pushes to play. Hyperextended elbow still played. warrior
  • PHI: Kenneth Gainwell(Talent): Top backup . Rashad Penny and Boston Scott: JAG
  • WAS: Antonio Gibson(Talent): low-end flex COP.
NFC North
  • CHI: Roschon Johnson(Talent): “should” clear concussion protocol and Flex. Donte Foreman (Talent) Pending Roschon doesn't clear protocol, RB2
  • DET: Craig Reynolds (JAG): looks like a backup to Gibbs
  • GBP: AJ Dillon: Might be Jag with a RB2/Flex at this point.
  • MIN: Ty Chandler monitor: Cam Akers looms.
NFC South
  • ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered and top 5 Kingmaker. Bijan had migraines should be fine. Don't trust HC Smith.
  • CAR: Chubba Hubbard (Talent) : My bad! I held him back since I thought I knew him, but he proved he belongs. Not a great O, but gets a workload.
  • NO: Jamaal Williams: Injured.Kendre Miller: Monitoring.
  • TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent): Top backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne.Chase Edmonds: Monitor. Ke’ShawnVaughn: JAG.
NFC West
  • ARI: Emari Demercado : Ping Ponged back to relevance, but Conner back soon. I prolly only roster if desperate and shoot for better upside lotto picks at this point. Keaontay Ingram and D. Williams and Corey Clement: JAG.
  • LAR: Darrel Henderson (JAG?): most experienced in system. Can be RB2.Royce Freeman(JAG): splitting carries has a role. Ronnie Rivers: IR. Zach Evans(Talent?): 0 touches not his year. Myles Gaskin(JAG?): most like Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of backfield.
  • SF: Jordan Mason (Talented) :monitor Eli Mitchell(Talent): top 5 Kingmaker? RBBC.
  • SEA: Zach Charbonnet(Talent) : Roster them.
Congrats if you read the whole thing! 24 possible Kingmakers trending up from 20 as things become murkier with more injuries.

Last edited:
Update after week 8 and Lamest Trade Deadline ever

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 9:

1. Chubba Hubbard (Talent?): I think they were the quiet week 8 winner and possible became the RB1 for the team not that it would be all that impactful for fantasy, but Miles Sanders had their worst game at least pick them up.
  2. Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.
  3. Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup. Due diligence to add him to list

I'll Bold the Kingmakers I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent As of Wednesday, Nov 1st.

AFC East

BUF: Latavius Murray: JAG with a cemented role at 30% Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup.
MIA: Salvon Ahmed (JAG): Monitor.Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): top backup. Chris Brooks: Injured. Devon Achane: Injured.
NEP: Zeke Elliott: Washed Offense, might be a low-end flex if Stevenson is this bad.
NYJ: Michael Carter: Monitoring. Dalvin Cook: Washed

AFC North

BAL: Gus Edwards: Finally some clarity. Favored in a now Monken-style offense. Hope you got him. Justice Hill or Keaton Mitchell: Monitor.Melvin Gordon or Kenyan Drake: JAGs
CIN: Chase Brown (Talent?): Monitor.
CLE: Hunt (Talent): Ford returned. Must stash.Strong: Monitor. Deon Jackson: Monitor
PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Top 5 Kingmaker rank. I think they are a flex. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.

AFC South

HOU: Devin Singletary: Is the definitive handcuff and has low-end flex appeal.
IND: Moss: A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.
JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent?): Uninvolved Kingmaker.
TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.Hassan Haskins: JAG.

AFC West

DEN: Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex. Samaje Perine (JAG COP): Less involved
KCC: Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
LVR: Zamir White: Uninvolved Kingmaker.
LAC: Joshua Kelley (JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity. Ekeler looks fine now. Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.

NFC East

DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent): Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
NYG: Matt Breida (Confirmed JAG): Monitor since Barkley is at an increased injury risk as he pushes to play.
PHI: Kenneth Gainwell (Talent): Top backup. Rashad Penny and Boston Scott: JAG
WAS: Antonio Gibson (Talent): Low-end flex COP.

NFC North

CHI: Roschon Johnson (Talent): clear concussion protocol and Flex but limited upside in split backfield . Donte Foreman (Talent) Split backfield now, Herbert returning?
DET: Craig Reynolds (JAG): Looks like a backup to Gibbs
GBP: AJ Dillon: Might be Jag with a RB2/Flex at this point.
MIN: Ty Chandler and Cam Akers monitor

NFC South

ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered and top 5 Kingmaker. Bijan had migraines but should be fine. Don't trust HC Smith.
CAR: Chubba Hubbard (Talent): New RB1 of the team?
NO: Jamaal Williams: Monitoring .Kendre Miller: Monitoring.
TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent): Top backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne. Chase Edmonds: Monitor. Ke’Shawn Vaughn: JAG.

NFC West

ARI: Emari Demercado: Ping Ponged back to relevance, but Conner back soon. I prolly only roster if desperate and shoot for better upside lotto picks at this point. Keaontay Ingram and D. Williams and Corey Clement: JAG.
LAR: Darrel Henderson (JAG?): Most experienced in the system. Can be short term RB2.Royce Freeman (JAG): Splitting carries has a role. Ronnie Rivers: IR.
Zach Evans (Talent?): 0 touches not his year. Myles Gaskin (JAG?): Most likely Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of the backfield so Monitor
SF: Jordan Mason (Talented): Monitor Eli Mitchell (Talent): Top 5 Kingmaker? RBBC.
SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 27 possible Kingmakers trending up from 24

I would certainly move Cam Akers up in the pecking order. He's already worked his way into a RBBC with Mattison, and with perhaps a more focused commitment on the run game in the post-Cousins era, Akers could take conceivably take over the backfield if he's more productive than Mattison.

TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent): Top backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne. Chase Edmonds: Monitor. Ke’Shawn Vaughn: JAG.
Not sure Tucker is going to be a thing this year. If anyone, it may be Edmonds getting more PT if White continues to struggle in the run game.

Not sure Tucker is going to be a thing this year. If anyone, it may be Edmonds getting more PT if White continues to struggle in the run game.
Agreed, this is looking more like it’s going to be a redshirt year for Tucker barring injuries to two of the guys ahead of him. At this point Edmonds might have the best potential of the backups this season if he can have a “Justin Forsett on the Ravens” type awakening. I wouldn’t bet on it in this offense, but Edmonds has at least shown something in the past, more than can be said of Vaughn.

Update after week 8 and Lamest Trade Deadline ever

Quick summary on potential kingmakers for week 9:

1. Chubba Hubbard (Talent?): I think they were the quiet week 8 winner and possible became the RB1 for the team not that it would be all that impactful for fantasy, but Miles Sanders had their worst game at least pick them up.
  2. Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.
  3. Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup. Due diligence to add him to list

I'll Bold the Kingmakers I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent As of Wednesday, Nov 1st.

AFC East

BUF: Latavius Murray: JAG with a cemented role at 30% Leonard Fournette: May be brought in to bolster uninspired RBs or be a backup.
MIA: Salvon Ahmed (JAG): Monitor.Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent): top backup. Chris Brooks: Injured. Devon Achane: Injured.
NEP: Zeke Elliott: Washed Offense, might be a low-end flex if Stevenson is this bad.
NYJ: Michael Carter: Monitoring. Dalvin Cook: Washed

AFC North

BAL: Gus Edwards: Finally some clarity. Favored in a now Monken-style offense. Hope you got him. Justice Hill or Keaton Mitchell: Monitor.Melvin Gordon or Kenyan Drake: JAGs
CIN: Chase Brown (Talent?): Monitor.
CLE: Hunt (Talent): Ford returned. Must stash.Strong: Monitor. Deon Jackson: Monitor
PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Top 5 Kingmaker rank. I think they are a flex. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.

AFC South

HOU: Devin Singletary: Is the definitive handcuff and has low-end flex appeal.
IND: Moss: A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.
JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent?): Uninvolved Kingmaker.
TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex.Hassan Haskins: JAG.

AFC West

DEN: Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent): A top 5 Kingmaker that is a good flex. Samaje Perine (JAG COP): Less involved
KCC: Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
LVR: Zamir White: Uninvolved Kingmaker.
LAC: Joshua Kelley (JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity. Ekeler looks fine now. Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.

NFC East

DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent): Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
NYG: Matt Breida (Confirmed JAG): Monitor since Barkley is at an increased injury risk as he pushes to play.
PHI: Kenneth Gainwell (Talent): Top backup. Rashad Penny and Boston Scott: JAG
WAS: Antonio Gibson (Talent): Low-end flex COP.

NFC North

CHI: Roschon Johnson (Talent): clear concussion protocol and Flex but limited upside in split backfield . Donte Foreman (Talent) Split backfield now, Herbert returning?
DET: Craig Reynolds (JAG): Looks like a backup to Gibbs
GBP: AJ Dillon: Might be Jag with a RB2/Flex at this point.

NFC South

ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered and top 5 Kingmaker. Bijan had migraines but should be fine. Don't trust HC Smith.
CAR: Chubba Hubbard (Talent): New RB1 of the team?
NO: Jamaal Williams: Monitoring .Kendre Miller: Monitoring.

NFC West

ARI: Emari Demercado: Ping Ponged back to relevance, but Conner back soon. I prolly only roster if desperate and shoot for better upside lotto picks at this point. Keaontay Ingram and D. Williams and Corey Clement: JAG.
LAR: Darrel Henderson (JAG?): Most experienced in the system. Can be short term RB2.Royce Freeman (JAG): Splitting carries has a role. Ronnie Rivers: IR.
Zach Evans (Talent?): 0 touches not his year. Myles Gaskin (JAG?): Most likely Kyren and sleeper to take up the majority of the backfield so Monitor
SF: Jordan Mason (Talented): Monitor Eli Mitchell (Talent): Top 5 Kingmaker? RBBC.
SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them. They had significant touches and best game thus far.

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 27 possible Kingmakers trending up from 24

No brainer to drop Akers for Zach Charbonnet? Just dropped this morning.

Yes, I rather have Zach Charbonnet since they can be a true difference maker, but if short term, maybe you can rationalize Vikings rely on the run going forward?

Charb has top KingMaker. Akers is a bit more murky IMO.

Agreed, this is looking more like it’s going to be a redshirt year for Tucker barring injuries to two of the guys ahead of him. At this point Edmonds might have the best potential of the backups this season if he can have a “Justin Forsett on the Ravens” type awakening. I wouldn’t bet on it in this offense, but Edmonds has at least shown something in the past, more than can be said of Vaughn.
I'm not sure it's even a redshirt year for Tucker. RBs, particularly undrafted ones, don't get redshirt years. They tend to either pop right away and if they don't, are more likely to languish on practice squads (or out of the league)

How do you guys feel about Trayveon Williams as a stash?

Absolute trash on the WW in my leagues.
I'm in the same boat, ww and fa rb's are hot garbage going into week 9. I''m desperate, with most of my rb's on a bye this week. was actually looking at Williams as a bye week fill in, thats how desperate I am.

I agree with this. The Bucs running game has struggled, but the fact that Tucker got supplanted by Vaughn (who is terrible and barely made the roster last year) does not bode well. My guess is that if White goes down (who hasn't been good on his own), it's an ugly RBBC with Edmonds getting the most fantasy points, whatever that's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread