What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings (2 Viewers)

I just grabbed Deuce Vaughn since I lost both Chubb and Barkley this week. Wondering if that was the smart choice or if Chase Brown is the better option. I am also holding on Sean Tucker and Elijah Mitchell, though I am losing patience with Mitchell.

The following RBs are available on my wire. Mitchell (just dropped), Bigsby, Chandler, Tucker, Hubbard, Strong, Harris.

How would you rank them?

The following RBs are available on my wire. Mitchell (just dropped), Bigsby, Chandler, Tucker, Hubbard, Strong, Harris.

How would you rank them?

Mitchell / Hubbard (if you need a spot start right now Hubbard)

Then the rest basically in the order listed

Hopefully, I can snag 1 of these 3 available in my main keeper league,

Williams
Ford
Moss

I rank them that way for now. I would move Moss over Ford but not sure if he's just a 2 week rental at this point.

Excellent thread by the way. (y)

How would you rank them?
I still put Mitchell at the top. He's always been a hedge against McCaffrey's health more than a standalone play.

None of these guys have standalone value really so if you're banking on an injury might as well be in the most RB friendly system in the league.

Latavius Murray looked pretty good this past week...was never a stud but the guy does not seem to be aging...Harris had 7 carries and Murray had 6 but Murray got 2 receptions and Harris none....they both had a TD.
Harris did have a kickoff return this week and I was shocked at the initial burst he showed. Brought it out to near midfield.

Latavius Murray looked pretty good this past week...was never a stud but the guy does not seem to be aging...Harris had 7 carries and Murray had 6 but Murray got 2 receptions and Harris none....they both had a TD.
Harris did have a kickoff return this week and I was shocked at the initial burst he showed. Brought it out to near midfield.

Always like him with the Pats but he just couldn't stay on the field...never thought of him as a kick returner though.

With all the RB injuries/ huge games by rookies (Achane), figured I'd bump this.

While I don't think there's a ton of new RB info, I'd add the following:

Tyjae Spears - likely owned, but if not, clearly a speculative add as he's continuing to get a lot of snaps
Rico Dowdle - looking to be the clear cuff to Pollard
Tank Bigsby - similar to Spears, backup/ wait for injury
Sean Tucker - still "feel" he's better than White, but probably the lowest on this list and a likely "drop" for the current WW Hot take

I'd personally like to hear others' take on Tucker as I'm holding for now, but looking at cutting

Last edited:
Update after week 3

Lotto pick hits: if they are out there spend the big FAAB/Waiver if you need RB help.
  1. Kyren Williams RB1 ROS.
  2. Zack Moss: JT still could be traded away or continue to hold out. RB2/low-end RB1 in this current role.
  3. Jerome Ford RB2 ROS
Here is a quick summary on which kingmakers significantly improved their odds at hitting the lotto in week 4:

Joshua Kelley: Confirmed not talented, might already be back to backup if Ekeler plays. Last chance if Ekeler is a sit.
Matt Breida: (Ready to Start)Saquan could be back by week 6. You'd expect I'd trash him but he actually looked like he had 80% of the snaps I think he still has a shot to be RB2/Flex
Devon Achane (Ready to Start?) Broncos folded and I'm not ready to crown him Mostert is still there but, these next 2 weeks will be pivotal t see how MIA feeds all these playmakers no waddle/wilson in the O. Has the most upside by far tho.

CANDIDATES for the Season Changing – KingMaker List - by division

I'll Asterisk the team with the Kingmaker and Bold the Kingmakers

I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent

As of Wed Sep 27th.

AFC East

• BUF: Damien Harris Talent Kingmaker.
  • MIA: Raheem Mostert not a JAG, but still health is #1 concern. He has never had 200 carries in a season and I would not trust to see it happen at age 31. Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent Kingmaker) He is coming off IR and I think this team is more so gonna lean Wilson for Goal line. 3 headed RBBC after all these backs are now going to be healthy. Devon Achane (Talent Kingmaker)
  • NEP: Zeke Elliott emerged last week as the next option here, Might not even need injury to be flexworthy.
  • NYJ: Michael Carter monitoring, but they also need a QB change to make RB viable
AFC North

• BAL: Gus Edwards, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake or Justice Hill (Talent) we can start to fade this backfield, it is destined for RBBC.
  • CIN: Chase Brown (Talent?) monitor.
  • CLE: Strong was a mirage of value other than a backup.
  • PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent) is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Already forced a split last year. 1st Kingmaker rank.
AFC South

• HOU: Devin Singletary is the definitive handcuff, yet only monitor.
  • IND: JT looms and other than that not much else
  • JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent) I saw a bad week 1 and 2 and I'm not so sure maybe stash/monitor can be applied if you need help right away and not bad to drop him necessarily.
  • TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent) must stash. Hassan Haskins JAG.
AFC West

• DEN: Samaje Perine (Talent) Kingmaker. I think Javonte not fully themselves but I'm not seeing Perine take advantage here. Downgrading him from top Kingmaker rank. McLaughlin Jaleel thanks to @daylight for heads up.
  • KCC: Jerrick McKinnon best COP in the game right now and is weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit, I think barring injury, monitor only.
  • LVR: Zamir White is another frontrunner. 4th best Kingmaker.
  • LAC: Joshua Kelley squandered a golden opportunity, last chance? Isaiah Spiller is a COP.
NFC East

• DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent) is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. He's been on Dallas for three straight seasons despite ending up on IR the last two seasons. 215lbs so could be the out-of-nowhere league winner! Deuce Vaughn COP so small it is funny to watch youtube vids of his play.
  • NYG: Matt Breida 80% snaps is a good sign.
  • PHI: Swift is now the RB1 of the team but, I have a monitor on all else. Rashad Penny injury risk. Kenneth Gainwell (Talent) injured. Boston Scott JAG.
  • WAS: Antonio Gibson (Talent) frontrunner but he fumbles so much downgrading him.
NFC North

• CHI: Roschon Johnson pretty bleak O.
  • DET: Jahmyr Gibbs is an RBBC guy. David Montgomery (Talent) I think Montgomery has the upside now for the gibbs injury.
  • GBP: AJ Dillon might be Jag at this point.
  • MIN: Ty Chandler fizzled in the air with the Cam Akers trade.
NFC South

• ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent) is strongly rostered Kingmaker 1 rank.
  • CAR: Chubba Hubbard stunk 2 years ago when given starter opportunity. I don't like him.
  • NO: Jamaal Williams injured. Kendre Miller monitoring. Tony Jones Jr. But might be too late as the starter AK is going to be here.
  • TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent) splitting first team reps he is looking to be backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne. Chase Edmonds stunk on MIA and was traded. monitor him. Ke’Shawn Vaughn JAG.
NFC West

• ARI: Keaontay Ingram JAG but worth monitoring. Cards have a pulse. Corey Clement JAG.
  • LAR: Zach Evans worth a monitor.
  • SF: Eli Mitchell (Talent) is my frontrunner and rounds out a top 5 Kingmaker.
  • SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent) roster them.
Congrats if you read the whole thing! 20 possible Kingmakers trending down from 27 as things become clearer!

Last edited:
Update after week 3

Lotto pick hits: if they are out there spend the big FAAB/Waiver if you need RB help.

RB1/RB2s:
  1. Kyren Williams: I think he is a RB1 ROS.
  2. Zack Moss: JT still could be traded away or continue to hold out. RB2/low-end RB1 in this current role.
  3. Jerome Ford RB2 ROS
Here is a quick summary on which kingmakers significantly improved their odds at hitting the lotto in week 4:

Joshua Kelley: Confirmed not talented, might already be back to backup if Ekeler plays. Last chance if Ekeler is a sit.
Matt Breida: (Ready to Start)Saquan could be back by week 6. You'd expect I'd trash him but he actually looked like he had 80% of the snaps I think he still has a shot to be RB2/Flex
Devon Achane (Ready to Start?) Broncos folded and I'm not ready to crown him Mostert is still there but, these next 2 weeks will be pivotal t see how MIA feeds all these playmakers no waddle/wilson in the O. Has the most upside by far tho.

I'll Asterisk the team with the Kingmaker and Bold the Kingmakers

As of Tuesday Sep 19th.

AFC East

• BUF: Damien Harris Talent Kingmaker.
  • MIA: Raheem Mostert not a JAG, but still health is #1 concern. He has never had 200 carries in a season and I would not trust to see it happen at age 31. Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent Kingmaker) He is coming off IR and I think this team is more so gonna lean Wilson for Goal line. 3 headed RBBC after all these backs are now going to be healthy. Devon Achane (Talent Kingmaker)
  • NEP: Zeke Elliott emerged last week as the next option here, Might not even need injury to be flexworthy.
  • NYJ: Michael Carter monitoring, but they also need a QB change to make RB viable
AFC North

• BAL: Gus Edwards, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake or Justice Hill (Talent) we can start to fade this backfield, it is destined for RBBC.
  • CIN: Chase Brown (Talent?) monitor.
  • CLE: Strong - because Ford was winded he actually was a mirage of value other than a backup.
  • PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent) is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Already forced a split last year. 1st Kingmaker rank.
AFC South

• HOU: Devin Singletary is the definitive handcuff, yet only monitor.
  • IND: JT looms and other than that not much else
  • JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent) I saw a bad week 1 and 2 and I'm not so sure maybe stash/monitor can be applied if you need help right away and not bad to drop him necessarily.
  • TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent) must stash. Hassan Haskins JAG.
AFC West

• DEN: Samaje Perine (Talent) Kingmaker. I think Javonte not fully themselves but I'm not seeing Perine take advantage here. Downgrading him from top Kingmaker rank. McLaughlin Jaleel thanks to @daylight for heads up.
  • KCC: Jerrick McKinnon best COP in the game right now and is weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit, I think barring injury, monitor only.
  • LVR: Zamir White is another frontrunner. 4th best Kingmaker.
  • LAC: Joshua Kelley squandered a golden opportunity, last chance? Isaiah Spiller is a COP.
NFC East

• DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent) is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. He's been on Dallas for three straight seasons despite ending up on IR the last two seasons. 215lbs so could be the out-of-nowhere league winner! Deuce Vaughn COP so small it is funny to watch youtube vids of his play.
  • NYG: Matt Breida 80% snaps is a good sign.
  • PHI: Swift is now the RB1 of the team but, I have a monitor on all else. Rashad Penny injury risk. Kenneth Gainwell (Talent) injured. Boston Scott JAG.
  • WAS: Antonio Gibson (Talent) frontrunner but he fumbles so much downgrading him.
NFC North

• CHI: Roschon Johnson pretty bleak O.
  • DET: Jahmyr Gibbs is an RBBC guy. David Montgomery (Talent) I think Montgomery has the upside now for the gibbs injury.
  • GBP: AJ Dillon might be Jag at this point.
  • MIN: Ty Chandler fizzled in the air with the Cam Akers trade.
NFC South

• ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent) is strongly rostered Kingmaker 1 rank.
  • CAR: Chubba Hubbard stunk 2 years ago when given starter opportunity. I don't like him.
  • NO: Jamaal Williams injured. Kendre Miller monitoring. Tony Jones Jr. But might be too late as the starter AK is going to be here.
  • TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent) splitting first team reps he is looking to be backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne. Chase Edmonds stunk on MIA and was traded. monitor him. Ke’Shawn Vaughn JAG.
NFC West

• ARI: Keaontay Ingram JAG but worth monitoring. Cards have a pulse. Corey Clement JAG.
  • LAR: Zach Evans worth a monitor.
  • SF: Eli Mitchell (Talent) is my frontrunner and rounds out a top 5 Kingmaker.
  • SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent) roster them.
Congrats if you read the whole thing! 20 possible Kingmakers trending down from 27 as things become clearer!
The problem with Breida is he got 4 carries.

The positive of Breida is he still outscored the guy I started last week with those 4 carries.

He’s a tough start but might see my lineup this week and hope he falls into the endzone.

With all the RB injuries/ huge games by rookies (Achane), figured I'd bump this.

While I don't think there's a ton of new RB info, I'd add the following:

Tyjae Spears - likely owned, but if not, clearly a speculative add as he's continuing to get a lot of snaps
Rico Dowdle - looking to be the clear cuff to Pollard
Tank Bigsby - similar to Spears, backup/ wait for injury
Sean Tucker - still "feel" he's better than White, but probably the lowest on this list and a likely "drop" for the current WW Hot take

I'd personally like to hear others' take on Tucker as I'm holding for now, but looking at cutting
I like the idea of Uncle Rico Dowdle a lot.

Decent enough offense that if he became the main ball carrier you at least have a volume play RB2.

He’s already out scored my starting running back (Herbert) on limited snaps and carries.

If Pollard goes down I think he could be big.

Overall, I'm noticing a downward trend on avail lotto tickets in week 4 (20) from week 3(27). Sign of clarity or maybe I'm just monumentally niave?

Overall, I'm noticing a downward trend on avail lotto tickets in week 4 (20) from week 3(27). Sign of clarity or maybe I'm just monumentally niave?
Don't think you're being naive. Doesn't seem to be as nearly as top end handcuffs as perhaps in recent years, and with the move to RBBC, that shrinks the pool even further.

One of them mentioned above - Josh Kelley - was among the few that already had a chance to be the bellcow for a few weeks and failed miserably.

I often harp on this but I think the biggest issue is expectations at that RB position with many in the fantasy community...it is antiquated in many ways...a lot of Owners are always looking for the home run but the days of the bell cow RB are dwindling with the exception of a few...so with regard to the lotto tickets I think it is unrealistic to hope for an RB to go from a backup to a bell cow...if you can get a solid starter or depth piece out of this group that is a big score.

I've missed out so far but here are "my guys" right now
E Mitchell---> Just seems to obvious he is going to have 2-3 RB2/Flex weeks (Or elite trade bait if CMC gets knicked)
Dowdle---> I really like what ive seen from him in short spurts. If Pollard gets dinged, I think he ascends w/ Vaughn playing a spell
Gainwell---> Has Swift ever stayed healthy? Thats the best run OL in the league. Gainwell is JAG but they trust him and will clearly use him after Swift
Warren---> idk why it just seems inevitable that Harris is going to miss time (because he never does??) Warren will flash if so.

Trying desperately to hold these 4 guys

Sadly need to cut someone to activate Waddle....looks like Tucker getting voted off the island. So, everyone please do yourselves a favor and add him, but it's likely to be his coming out parth this week!

Looks like Dowdle needs an MRI for his hip injury

Well that was fast, ESPN's Cowboys guy just tweeted two minutes after this post.

Todd Archer
@toddarcher
After an MRI, RB Rico Dowdle has a bruised hip. Unclear what his status would be going forward. Was not on crutches postgame Sunday. RG Zack Martin is dealing with a bruised quadriceps. Will hopefully learn more when Mike McCarthy talks today

Bruised sounds better than the alternatives. Hope this guy can stay healthy.

Update after week 4

Here is a quick summary on which kingmakers significantly improved their odds at hitting the lotto in week 5:
  • Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent) Kingmaker, stash him now off waivers thanks to @daylight for the heads up. He is at least a flex, but if Javonte misses, RB2 upside play.
  • Matt Breida: (Ready to Start?) Saquon could be back now. I think he still has a shot to be Flex until Barkley returns. Giants O blows.

I'll Bold the Kingmakers

As of Tuesday, Oct 3rd.

AFC East

• BUF: Damien Harris: Talent Kingmaker.
  • MIA: Raheem Mostert: Not a JAG, but still health is #1 concern. He has never had 200 carries in a season, and I would not trust to see it happen at age 31. Also the fumble. Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent Kingmaker): He is coming off IR, and I think this team is more so gonna lean Wilson for Goal line. 3 headed RBBC after all these backs are now going to be healthy.
  • NEP: Zeke Elliott: Bunch of rumors last week as a starter. It was fake.
  • NYJ: Michael Carter: Monitoring, but they also need a QB change to make RB viable.
AFC North

• BAL: Gus Edwards, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Justice Hill (Talent) or Keaton Mitchell: We can start to fade this backfield; it is destined for RBBC.
  • CIN: Chase Brown (Talent?): Monitor. Terrible O
  • CLE: Strong: Was a mirage of value other than a backup.
  • PIT: Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Already forced a split last year. 1st Kingmaker rank. No Pickett and Trubisky makes this even look worse. I think it's RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.
AFC South

• HOU: Devin Singletary: Is the definitive handcuff, yet only monitor.
  • IND: JT looms and other than that not much else.
  • JAC: Tank Bigsby (Talent): I saw a bad week 1 and 2, and I'm not so sure; maybe stash/monitor can be applied if you need help right away and not bad to drop him necessarily.
  • TEN: Tyjae Spears (Talent): Must stash, A top 5 Kingmaker. Hassan Haskins: JAG.
AFC West

• DEN:Samaje Perine (Talent): I think Javonte is not fully themselves, but I'm not seeing Perine take advantage here. Downgrading him from top Kingmaker rank. Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent) Kingmaker, stash him now off waivers thanks to @daylight for the heads up.
  • KCC: Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
  • LVR: Zamir White: Is another frontrunner. 4th best Kingmaker.
  • LAC: Joshua Kelley: Squandered a golden opportunity. Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.
NFC East

• DAL: Rico Dowdle (Talent/Injured): Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. He's been on Dallas for three straight seasons despite ending up on IR the last two seasons. 215lbs, so could be the out-of-nowhere league winner! Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
  • NYG: Matt Breida: Handcuff to Barkley.
  • PHI: Swift is now the RB1 of the team but, I have a monitor on all else. Rashad Penny: Injury risk. Kenneth Gainwell (Talent): Injured. Boston Scott: JAG.
  • WAS: Antonio Gibson (Talent): Frontrunner but he fumbles so much, downgrading him.
NFC North

• CHI: Roschon Johnson: Pretty bleak O.
  • DET: Jahmyr Gibbs: Is an RBBC guy.
  • GBP: AJ Dillon: Might be Jag at this point.
  • MIN: Ty Chandler: Fizzled in the air with the Cam Akers trade.
NFC South

• ATL: Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered Kingmaker 1 rank.
  • CAR: Chubba Hubbard: Stunk 2 years ago when given a starter opportunity. I don't like him.
  • NO: Jamaal Williams: Injured. Kendre Miller: Monitoring. Tony Jones Jr.:monitor
  • TBB: Sean Tucker (Talent): Splitting first team reps; he is looking to be backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne. Chase Edmonds: Stunk on MIA and was traded. Monitor him. Ke’Shawn Vaughn: JAG.
NFC West

• ARI: Keaontay Ingram: JAG but worth monitoring. Cards have a pulse. Corey Clement: JAG. Demercado thanks @Weebs210 for call out.
  • LAR: Ronnie Rivers: Worth a monitor
  • SF: Eli Mitchell (Talent): Is my frontrunner and rounds out a top 5 Kingmaker.
  • SEA: Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them.
Congrats if you read the whole thing! 15 possible Kingmakers trending down from 20 as things become clearer!

History of Lotto pick hits: if they are out there, spend the big FAAB/Waiver if you need RB help.
  1. Kyren Williams: RB1 ROS.
  2. Zack Moss: JT still could be traded away or continue to hold out. RB2/low-end RB1 in this current role. Hold, but this might be our last week. ☹
  3. Jerome Ford: RB2 ROS
  4. Devon Achane: RB1/RB2 ROS. Ready to crown him. Mostert is still there but saw enough that his role is growing, and coaches like him. RB1 ROS

Last edited:
Mitchell can't stay on the field. Jordan Mason is the backup now. Not sure for how long but if CMC were to get dinged and miss week 6 it's probably Mason profiting

I'm not as high on Zamir White as you. I want to love him as a stash, due to decent draft pedigree but Abdullah is playing passing downs over him. I think if Jacobs goes down it's a RBBC severely capping White's upside

I loved Rico as a stash but now he's hurt too

You should add Latavius Murray to the list for Buffalo - he's been getting the goal line work for the Bills and has looked spry. That might be because he's seeing spot duty now that he's older - if Cook got injured it's probably a split backfield between Harris and Murray.

I think for McKinnon he's probably being preserved for later in the season. Pacheco is the clear number 1 now, and CEH is the primary backup for early in the season. I'll definitely start thinking hard about McKinnon after the KC Bye week.

Update after week 5 barring MNF. I'm too excited to wait!

Here is a quick summary on which kingmakers significantly altered their odds at hitting the lotto in week 6:

• Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent) Confirmed Hit! Kingmaker, stash him now off waivers thanks to @daylight for the heads up. He is at least a flex, but if Javonte misses, RB2 upside play.
  • Roschon Johnson (Talent) Injured? He was concussed and if can clear protocol he will see the field in a bigger workload if not him then...
  • Donte Foreman (Talent) could also be a sneaky pickup. He did get 900 yds on the Panthers last year post CMC trade.
  • Emari Demercado (Talent?): thanks @Weebs210 for the callout. This out of all looks like the replacement to James Conner if he misses time.
  • Matt Breida: Confirmed Jag! Saquon could be back now. I think he still has a shot to be Flex until Barkley returns. Giants O blows.

• I'll Bold the Kingmakers
  • I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent
  • As of Monday, Oct 9th.
AFC East

• BUF:
    • Damien Harris: RBBC? because Latavius Murray: JAG with a role adding him thanks to @themeistersinger
  • MIA:
    • Raheem Mostert: Not a JAG, but still health is #1 concern. He has never had 200 carries in a season, and I would not trust to see it happen at age 31.
    • Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent Kingmaker): He is coming off IR, and I think this team is more so gonna lean Wilson for Goal line. 3 headed RBBC after all these backs are now going to be healthy.
  • NEP:
    • Zeke Elliott: Washed
  • NYJ:
    • Michael Carter: Monitoring.
    • Dalvin Cook: Washed
AFC North

• BAL:
    • Gus Edwards, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Justice Hill (Talent) or Keaton Mitchell(Talent?): We can start to fade this backfield; it is destined for RBBC.
  • CIN:
    • Chase Brown (Talent?): Monitor.
  • CLE:
    • Strong: Monitor
  • PIT:
    • Jaylen Warren (Talent): Is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Already forced a split last year. 2nd Kingmaker rank. I think they are a flex. RBBC indefinitely, barring injury.
AFC South

• HOU:
    • Devin Singletary: Is the definitive handcuff, yet only monitor.
  • IND:
    • JT looms and other than that not much else.
  • JAC:
    • Tank Bigsby (Talent): Stash/monitor
  • TEN:
    • Tyjae Spears (Talent): Must stash, A top 3 Kingmaker that is growing into a good flex.
    • Hassan Haskins: JAG.
AFC West

• DEN:
    • Samaje Perine (JAG COP): Not seeing Perine take advantage here.
    • Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent) Kingmaker, Upside FLEX with RB@/RB1 ceiling if Javonte gets out of the picture. Thanks to @daylight for the heads up.
  • KCC:
    • Jerrick McKinnon: Best COP in the game right now and is a weekly low-end flex. CEH not a good fit; I think barring injury, monitor only.
  • LVR:
    • Zamir White (Talent): Is another frontrunner. 4th best Kingmaker.
  • LAC:
    • Joshua Kelley(JAG): Squandered a golden opportunity stash until Ekeler returns and then - I would not roster.
    • Isaiah Spiller: Is a COP.
NFC East

• DAL:
    • Rico Dowdle (Talent/Injured): Is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. He's been on Dallas for three straight seasons despite ending up on IR the last two seasons. 215lbs, so could be the out-of-nowhere league winner!
    • Deuce Vaughn: COP so small it is funny to watch YouTube vids of his play.
  • NYG:
    • Matt Breida(Confirmed JAG): Stash/monitor until Barkley returns and then - I would not roster.
  • PHI:
    • Rashad Penny: Injury risk.
    • Kenneth Gainwell (Talent): Healthy again. Back to Top backup.
    • Boston Scott: JAG.
  • WAS:
    • Antonio Gibson (Talent): Frontrunner but he fumbles so much, downgrading him. Might be a low-end flex COP.
NFC North

• CHI:
    • Roschon Johnson (Talent) : Pretty bleak O, but they got a get-right game vs WAS, so there is hope, but now a concussion opens the door for
    • Donte Foreman(Talent). I'd try to grab Roschon if dropped as a longer-term stash, and if we hear that he doesn't clear protocol Foreman is a very good pivot/pickup.
  • DET:
    • Jahmyr Gibbs : Is an RBBC guy. Craig Reynolds looks like a better backup to Monty's role.
  • GBP:
    • AJ Dillon: Might be Jag at this point.
    • Patrick Taylor: signed from practice squad just before the game.
  • MIN:
    • Ty Chandler monitor : Cam Akers looms and prolly is working into the backfield snap share as he develops into the team.
NFC South

• ATL:
    • Tyler Allgeier (Talent): Is strongly rostered Kingmaker 1 rank.
  • CAR:
    • Chubba Hubbard: Stunk 2 years ago when given a starter opportunity. I don't like him.
  • NO:
    • Jamaal Williams : Injured.
    • Kendre Miller : Monitoring.
    • Tony Jones Jr.: cut per @Wigglytuff's Gruff
  • TBB:
    • Sean Tucker (Talent): Splitting first-team reps; he is looking to be backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne .
    • Chase Edmonds : Stunk on MIA and was traded. Monitor him.
    • Ke’Shawn Vaughn: JAG.
NFC West

• ARI:
    • Keaontay Ingram : JAG but worth monitoring. Cards have a pulse.
    • Corey Clement : JAG.
    • Emari Demercado thanks @Weebs210 for the callout. This out of all looks like the replacement to James Conner.
  • LAR:
    • Ronnie Rivers(Talent?): Worth a monitor
  • SF:
    • Eli Mitchell (Talent): Injured Is my frontrunner and rounds out a top 5 Kingmaker.
    • Jordan Mason (Talented?): Took snaps in relief of a blowout.
  • SEA:
    • Zach Charbonnet (Talent): Roster them.
Congrats if you read the whole thing! 14 possible Kingmakers trending down from 15!

History of Lotto pick hits: if they are out there, spend the FAAB/Waiver if you need RB help.

• Kyren Williams: RB1 ROS.
  • Zack Moss: JT saga continues. Hold, he at worst is a proven Kingmaker and at best could still be in the rotation as a flex with upside.
  • Jerome Ford: RB2 ROS
  • Devon Achane : RB1 ROS. Ready to crown him. Mostert is still there but saw enough that his role is growing, and coaches like him. RB1 ROS
  • Jaleel McLaughlin (Talent) Kingmaker, stash him now off waivers thanks to @daylight for the heads up. He is at least a flex, but if Javonte misses, RB2 upside play.

Last edited:
Anyone think Mason takes over as the #2 back in SF?
Even if Mitchell comes back he will just get hurt again. If CMC happened to go down it would be really interesting if TRD gets more work or if mason will be the bellcow

I had Dalvin Cook in his prime and he was a thrill to watch. Power, speed, decent hands... Sure, you had to deal with injuries, but that goes with RBs. But watching him now is kind of sad. He looks like he's wearing cement shoes and just seems ready to be tackled the minute he's touched.

Even if Mitchell comes back he will just get hurt again. If CMC happened to go down it would be really interesting if TRD gets more work or if mason will be the bellcow
Running the football is only a part of it. There are so many other parts that do not show up on the stat sheet that go into being a serviceable running back. There is a reason why Mitchell is ahead of TDP and Mason and it has nothing to do with running the ball.

I had Dalvin Cook in his prime and he was a thrill to watch. Power, speed, decent hands... Sure, you had to deal with injuries, but that goes with RBs. But watching him now is kind of sad. He looks like he's wearing cement shoes and just seems ready to be tackled the minute he's touched.
There are lots of calls in Jets nation for rookie Israel Abinakanda to take over the backup role from Cook. The Cook signing seemed to be Rodgers-driven, so I'm not sure why he's still there unless team brass has a soft spot for him. Hopefully that won't last long because Izzy has some juice and with the need to commit to the run game, it would really help the offense if they didn't have to utilize Cook or Carter when Breece needs to be spelled.

There are lots of calls in Jets nation for rookie Israel Abinakanda to take over the backup role from Cook. The Cook signing seemed to be Rodgers-driven, so I'm not sure why he's still there unless team brass has a soft spot for him. Hopefully that won't last long because Izzy has some juice and with the need to commit to the run game, it would really help the offense if they didn't have to utilize Cook or Carter when Breece needs to be spelled.
I think for veterans if they are on the roster week 1 their full year salary is guaranteed. So would be no financial advantage to cutting Cook.

I think for veterans if they are on the roster week 1 their full year salary is guaranteed. So would be no financial advantage to cutting Cook.
True but maybe a team advantage.

Running the football is only a part of it. There are so many other parts that do not show up on the stat sheet that go into being a serviceable running back. There is a reason why Mitchell is ahead of TDP and Mason and it has nothing to do with running the ball.
Unfortunately for Mitchell the best ability is availability and he absolutely is never available.

In the DAL-SF game thread, I asked how Mason had such high PFF grades on 2022 (90+) and 2023 (88). He must be good at several parts of being a RB in SF.

In the DAL-SF game thread, I asked how Mason had such high PFF grades on 2022 (90+) and 2023 (88). He must be good at several parts of being a RB in SF.
Do you think the coaches simply do not like him then?

IIRC, He has a contract structured so it's easy to cut him. He's pocketed 5.8M guaranteed but he also gets a bonus for each game he's on the roster.

Do you think the coaches simply do not like him then?
I think the coaches like him plenty. Mason got his first action at the 4 minute mark of the first quarter last night. He had 10 rushes and one target before TDP saw his first action with 10:35 left in the 4th quarter. At that point Shanahan pulled Mason for the rest of the game, presumably because they see him as more valuable than TDP.

Mason was in on 21% of the snaps (13 of 62) before being rested. Mason was in on the last 7 SF snaps of the game.

IDK where Mason stands WRT Mitchell but it seems pretty clear Mason>Price

@Hartliner I would say that Ahmed, Salvon and Brooks, Chris and even Jeff Wilson should be on the list - the way the MIA backfield is producing, no matter who is in there, could make any of those RBs very relevant (and possible King Makers). At a minimum they need to be on folks' radar.
just my 2 cents

Zach Evans is my Kingmaker for the Rams. He’s getting slept on because of his 6th round draft capital and because he hasn’t seen the field yet. But he’s the best pure runner that team has, and sooner or later they’re going to realize it. Emari Demercado is the flavor of the week, and Evans outplayed him both years they shared the backfield at TCU. Was outplayed by two studs at TCU (Kendre Miller) and Ole Miss (Quinshon Judkins) but there’s no shame in that. Still averaged 7 yards a carry for his college career.

There are reasons he fell to the 6th round, but so did Elijah Mitchell, who I also felt strongly about prior to 2021 and pivoted to him while others looked at Trey Sermon. Mitchell became the Kingmaker, and would still be the 49ers lead RB to this day if he weren’t made of glass and inspired Shanahan to trade for Christian McCaffrey instead. Evans may not be the long term solution for the Rams but I’m not sold that Kyren Williams is either despite his bountiful start to this season. If I’m going to speculate, give me the guy who NFL.com projected as the RB2 for the Offensive All-Rookie Team back in July:

Ronnie Rivers exists and should not be ignored. He is the next in line after all. But to me he’s the guy you want if you’re just looking to hit a single, and Evans is who you want if you’re swinging for the fences.

Last edited:
Zach Evans is my Kingmaker for the Rams. He’s getting slept on because of his 6th round draft capital and because he hasn’t seen the field yet. But he’s the best pure runner that team has, and sooner or later they’re going to realize it. Emari Demercado is the flavor of the week, and Evans outplayed him both years they shared the backfield at TCU. Was outplayed by two studs at TCU (Kendre Miller) and Ole Miss (Quinshon Judkins) but there’s no shame in that. Still averaged 7 yards a carry for his college career.

There are reasons he fell to the 6th round, but so did Elijah Mitchell, who I also felt strongly about prior to 2021 and pivoted to him while others looked at Trey Sermon. Mitchell became the Kingmaker, and would still be the 49ers lead RB to this day if he weren’t made of glass and inspired Shanahan to trade for Christian McCaffrey instead. Evans may not be the long term solution for the Rams but I’m not sold that Kyren Williams is either despite his bountiful start to this season. If I’m going to speculate, give me the guy who NFL.com projected as the RB2 for the Offensive All-Rookie Team back in July:

Ronnie Rivers exists and should not be ignored. He is the next in line after all. But to me he’s the guy you want if you’re just looking to hit a single, and Evans is who you want if you’re swinging for the fences.
Why is this guy 4th string right now? Is it a special teams thing?

Why is this guy 4th string right now? Is it a special teams thing?
The Rams only suit up 3 RBs on game day, so they need their lead guy, their change of pace guy, and someone who can play special teams but can play RB in a pinch (similar to Brandon Bolden). Kyren Williams is the lead dog, Ronnie Rivers has been the guy giving him a breather recently, and Royce Freeman was being called upon to be the third guy for special teams until this past week. Zach Evans was active and Freeman remained on the practice squad (there might be a limit to the amount of times he can be called up before it has to be permanent I think). Evans is RB3 currently. Pass protection is likely the culprit, as that was one of Evans’ areas for improvement heading into the season.

Users who are viewing this thread