What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 RB Lotto Ticket Rankings (3 Viewers)

Many great threads in this forum but this is the one I can least do without. Thanks.
Damn. Talk about take your ball and go home. I like the thread. Ha ha
He said he can’t do without out…Lol
Oh damn. My bad. I read what I wanted to read and it was funny as hell. Bwahahaha
I hate lotto ticket running backs and I hate all of you, and I’m never coming back to the shark pool never!!!

Some thoughts:

- Unless the Ravens trade for someone like Jonathan Taylor or signing Leonard Fournette, I have a feeling it’s going to be a guessing game each week just like it was the last season, when the names went from Gus Edwards to Kenyan Drake to Justice Hill to even Le'Veon Bell. Seems like Gus is the best bet for now, followed by Hill. There’s also Keaton Mitchell as an IR stash, but I doubt there will be enough clarity by the time he’s activated to justify holding him beyond that. Melvin Gordon exists, but he is washed and no he will not find that Willis McGahee/Mark Ingram fountain of youth.

- I love me some Kyren Williams. Definitely worth rostering in all formats. I’m just hesitant to proclaim him the next Rams RB1 while Cam Akers is still around and healthy. A few more stinkers and that may change. For now assume a head scratching committee. Now that Kyren is no longer a lotto ticket, that distinction now goes to rookie Zach Evans, another Power 5 highly touted prospect whose draft stock fell to Day 3.

- Jerome Ford had 15 carries, he just didn’t do all that much with them. But 15 carries is still very noteworthy when backing up Nick Chubb. That’s the old Kareem Hunt role. Consider me intrigued. If Chubb were to miss time, Ford immediately becomes a priority add.

- Nobody on the Vikings showed much in the run game in Week 1, but I’ve just never been moved by Alexander Mattison. I like Ty Chandler in that he’s fast and I’ve read somewhere by people who are smarter than me at this football stuff that Chandler is better suited for Kevin O’Connell’s running scheme. I’m also not convinced Chandler would be the long term answer for the Vikings should he take the RB1 reins this season, but he’s a nice cheap flier just in case.

- The Eagles RB situation is bound to be fluid all season. But I can’t quite quit Rashaad Penny. I feel like he’s going to have a few 100-yard games this season out of the blue. It’s a vicious post-hype sleeper cycle with him. Stash him if you have deep rosters and/or shallow free agent pools, and good luck if you’re ever brave enough to put him in your lineups at any point this season. I’d be just stupid enough to try it eventually if I had a share.

- Joshua Kelley is the hot waiver wire add of the week (other than Puka Nacua of course). But keep an eye on Elijah Dotson. Really showed out during preseason and beat out Isaiah Spiller on the depth chart. It would injuries to the two guys ahead of him but that wouldn’t be too far-fetched of a scenario.

Some thoughts:

- Unless the Ravens trade for someone like
Jonathan Taylor
or signing
Leonard Fournette
, I have a feeling it’s going to be a guessing game each week just like it was the last season, when the names went from
Gus Edwards
to
Kenyan Drake
to
Justice Hill
to even
Le'Veon Bell
. Seems like Gus is the best bet for now, followed by
Hill
. There’s also
Keaton Mitchell
as an IR stash, but I doubt there will be enough clarity by the time he’s activated to justify holding him beyond that.
Melvin Gordon
exists, but he is washed and no he will not find that
Willis
McGahee/
Mark Ingram
fountain of youth.

- I love me some
Kyren Williams
. Definitely worth rostering in all formats. I’m just hesitant to proclaim him the next Rams RB1 while
Cam Akers
is still around and healthy. A few more stinkers and that may change. For now assume a head scratching committee. Now that Kyren is no longer a lotto ticket, that distinction now goes to rookie
Zach Evans
, another Power 5 highly touted prospect whose draft stock fell to Day 3.

-
Jerome Ford
had 15 carries, he just didn’t do all that much with them. But 15 carries is still very noteworthy when backing up
Nick Chubb
. That’s the old
Kareem Hunt
role. Consider me intrigued. If
Chubb
were to miss time,
Ford
immediately becomes a priority add.

- Nobody on the Vikings showed much in the run game in Week 1, but I’ve just never been moved by
Alexander Mattison
. I like
Ty Chandler
in that he’s fast and I’ve read somewhere by people who are smarter than me at this football stuff that
Chandler
is better suited for Kevin O’Connell’s running scheme. I’m also not convinced
Chandler
would be the long term answer for the Vikings should he take the RB1 reins this season, but he’s a nice cheap flier just in case.

- The
Eagles
RB situation is bound to be fluid all season. But I can’t quite quit
Rashaad Penny
. I feel like he’s going to have a few 100-yard games this season out of the blue. It’s a vicious post-hype sleeper cycle with him. Stash him if you have deep rosters and/or shallow free agent pools, and good luck if you’re ever brave enough to put him in your lineups at any point this season. I’d be just stupid enough to try it eventually if I had a share.

-
Joshua Kelley
is the hot waiver wire add of the week (other than
Puka Nacua
of course). But keep an eye on
Elijah Dotson
. Really showed out during preseason and beat out
Isaiah Spiller
on the depth chart. It would injuries to the two guys ahead of him but that wouldn’t be too far-fetched of a scenario.
Exactly what I was hoping to see in the thread!

Justice is the upside back and Gus is the reliable one or could be seen as the incumbent afaik. I just think the Explosiveness is there in Justice. I nerd dove into a youtube vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kno9FiiUhTw) and he runs a 4.4. That's good to get in the 2nd level of a defense and there appears to be Balt O-Line issues and he can serve as a dump off for Jackson when the Oline breaks down.

I grabbed Kyren and used $22/100 FAAB on him, I believe McVay is very erratic with RBs. Mostly grabbed him because I lost J.K. I'm ok if Kyren just is a RBBC, he catches and that is what I tend to look for in my lotto tickets that I prefer.

100% on the Mattison callout, and you posted before TNF where he again looked very disappointing for fantasy. I share the same feeling on Mattison when drafting, Ty Chandler will be moving up the chains of Lotto Tickets to prioritize.

Jerome Ford just had opportunity, the talent was not seen in week 1. I'll be looking to see if he shines week 2 on MNF. Good stash if you can. I own Chubb but I am big on grabbing backups of other RBs in general.

Eagles are going to be Hell as I mentioned before and Swift is prolly on a bench somewhere with that career game. Rashad Penny, should not be counted out as at least a monitor.

Joshua Kelly should be a RB2 this week and I heard Ekler's ankle is not a high ankle so maybe short term week or 2 we can bank on him. Might be making this a RBBC for the ROS if he plays well.

Additionally, anyone else bullish on Zack Moss? I'm finding he is very much an afterthought. I grabbed him free after waivers ran, the type of out of nowhere guy who can be a RB2 after we saw a competent Colts O week 1, he gets a prime matchup against Texans.

Last edited:
GB A Jones is OUT today
Many are saying that Dillon will get Jones' touches but I think Dillon will stay in his role, the same role he had last year and last week
it seems to me that Emanuel Wilson will step in to Jones' packages and he will be next week's Hot WW target
therefore, for the next 2 hours is at the top of the LOTTO List
thoughts?

GB A Jones is OUT today
Many are saying that Dillon will get Jones' touches but I think Dillon will stay in his role, the same role he had last year and last week
it seems to me that Emanuel Wilson will step in to Jones' packages and he will be next week's Hot WW target
thoughts?
I mean...I guess? :shrug:

Hard to see a rookie UDFA who the Broncos already let go coming in and being immediately relevant.

GB A Jones is OUT today
thoughts?
No

GB A Jones is OUT today
thoughts?
Patrick Taylor I think would be the backup to Dillon. Not interested as Jones will probably be back next week anyway.

Ford was dropped in many leagues. He fumbled on his first carry, was 15-36, but his average was hurt by 5 for -2 as they were running the clock out on the last drive. Is Ford still #2 in CLE?

GB A Jones is OUT today
thoughts?
Patrick Taylor I think would be the backup to Dillon. Not interested as Jones will probably be back next week anyway.
Taylor is more special teams, no? I am thinking of making the move on Wilson or Brown from Cincy. Super deep league.

I’m picking up Chase Brown this week with Chris Evans out. Scott Connor(well respected podcaster in dynasty) is a bengals fan and says he’s the guy at some point. Maybe with Evans out and him actually being active we can see something. If not I’ll pickup another guy later

Ford was dropped in many leagues. He fumbled on his first carry, was 15-36, but his average was hurt by 5 for -2 as they were running the clock out on the last drive. Is Ford still #2 in CLE?
Aside from the fumble, he ran well IMO. Some speed, some power.

I picked up Melvin Gordon for free.

This is not a lottery ticket like Mega MIllions, after Gordon hits I am retiring to the Amalfi Coast, prosecco for everyone on me.

This is more of a Lotto ticket, maybe win $5 or a free plushie.

Last edited:
So, who are we thinking would be the better lotto ticket(s) today ($5 scratcher or Mega Millions):
  • Melvin Gordon
  • Wilson/ Taylor
  • Chase Brown
  • Rico Dowdle

I’m picking up Chase Brown this week with Chris Evans out. Scott Connor(well respected podcaster in dynasty) is a bengals fan and says he’s the guy at some point. Maybe with Evans out and him actually being active we can see something. If not I’ll pickup another guy later
Just made this move.

If Raiders TE Mike Mayer is available I would grab him in deep TE leagues. He was a high second round pick. They will force feed him if necessary to justify that pick. He was a beast in college, and most importantly Jakobi Meyers is out today with a concussion. I would be very surprised if he doesn't get five targets, three catches. I just grabbed him. Good luck.

Some thoughts:

Jonathan Taylor
or signing
Leonard Fournette
, I have a feeling it’s going to be a guessing game each week just like it was the last season, when the names went from
Gus Edwards
to
Kenyan Drake
to
Justice Hill
to even
Le'Veon Bell
Hill
. There’s also
Keaton Mitchell
as an IR stash, but I doubt there will be enough clarity by the time he’s activated to justify holding him beyond that.
Melvin Gordon
Willis
McGahee/
Mark Ingram
fountain of youth.

- I love me some
Kyren Williams
. Definitely worth rostering in all formats. I’m just hesitant to proclaim him the next Rams RB1 while
Cam Akers
is still around and healthy. A few more stinkers and that may change. For now assume a head scratching committee. Now that Kyren is no longer a lotto ticket, that distinction now goes to rookie
Zach Evans

-
Jerome Ford
had 15 carries, he just didn’t do all that much with them. But 15 carries is still very noteworthy when backing up
Nick Chubb
. That’s the old
Kareem Hunt
Chubb
were to miss time,
Ford

- Nobody on the Vikings showed much in the run game in Week 1, but I’ve just never been moved by
Alexander Mattison
. I like
Ty Chandler
in that he’s fast and I’ve read somewhere by people who are smarter than me at this football stuff that
Chandler
Chandler
would be the long term answer for the Vikings should he take the RB1 reins this season, but he’s a nice cheap flier just in case.

- The
Eagles
Rashaad Penny
. I feel like he’s going to have a few 100-yard games this season out of the blue. It’s a vicious post-hype sleeper cycle with him. Stash him if you have deep rosters and/or shallow free agent pools, and good luck if you’re ever brave enough to put him in your lineups at any point this season. I’d be just stupid enough to try it eventually if I had a share.

-
Joshua Kelley
Puka Nacua
Elijah Dotson
Isaiah Spiller
on the depth chart. It would injuries to the two guys ahead of him but that wouldn’t be too far-fetched of a scenario.

Justice is the upside back and Gus is the reliable one or could be seen as the incumbent afaik. I just think the Explosiveness is there in Justice. I nerd dove into a youtube vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kno9FiiUhTw) and he runs a 4.4. That's good to get in the 2nd level of a defense and there appears to be Balt O-Line issues and he can serve as a dump off for Jackson when the Oline breaks down.

I grabbed Kyren and used $22/100 FAAB on him, I believe McVay is very erratic with RBs. Mostly grabbed him because I lost J.K. I'm ok if Kyren just is a RBBC, he catches and that is what I tend to look for in my lotto tickets that I prefer.

100% on the Mattison callout, and you posted before TNF where he again looked very disappointing for fantasy. I share the same feeling on Mattison when drafting, Ty Chandler will be moving up the chains of Lotto Tickets to prioritize.

Jerome Ford just had opportunity, the talent was not seen in week 1. I'll be looking to see if he shines week 2 on MNF. Good stash if you can. I own Chubb but I am big on grabbing backups of other RBs in general.

Eagles are going to be Hell as I mentioned before and Swift is prolly on a bench somewhere with that career game. Rashad Penny, should not be counted out as at least a monitor.

Joshua Kelly should be a RB2 this week and I heard Ekler's ankle is not a high ankle so maybe short term week or 2 we can bank on him. Might be making this a RBBC for the ROS if he plays well.

Additionally, anyone else bullish on Zack Moss? I'm finding he is very much an afterthought. I grabbed him free after waivers ran, the type of out of nowhere guy who can be a RB2 after we saw a competent Colts O week 1, he gets a prime matchup against Texans.
the fantasy doctors think it is grade 2 or grade 3 ankle sprain for Ekeler. possibly HAS. what they're saying is if you see ekeler on the sidelines ( if he made the trip) with a walking boot he's out another 3-4 weeks. interesting to note, LA's bye is week 5. you get the feeling they're not bringing ekeler back until week 6.

The beauty of the No-RB draft is if your scratchoffs don’t pan out, they were either very low draft picks or off the WW. You should be solid everywhere else. If they work out, it’s at the expense of your competition’s high picks.

If Raiders TE Mike Mayer is available I would grab him in deep TE leagues. He was a high second round pick. They will force feed him if necessary to justify that pick. He was a beast in college, and most importantly Jakobi Meyers is out today with a concussion. I would be very surprised if he doesn't get five targets, three catches. I just grabbed him. Good luck.
I haven’t heard much about him in LV. Judging from the last higher picks from ND, they all seem soft. Hate to say it, and I’m a ND fan.

Just made this move.
yeah, this sounds like a lotto ticket move to me. I'm in.

I haven’t heard much about him in LV. Judging from the last higher picks from ND, they all seem soft. Hate to say it, and I’m a ND fan.
They just drafted him super high. He will get his chance. I think that is today.

They just drafted him super high. He will get his chance. I think that is today.
Funny how all,of their players get super hype here (I’m in the South Bend area), haven’t heard a thing about him, plus he slid in the draft. Hope he does well.

Funny how all,of their players get super hype here (I’m in the South Bend area), haven’t heard a thing about him, plus he slid in the draft. Hope he does well.
I'm a half hour away from Foxboro. When I think of the Raiders, the tuck rule comes to mind. I also don't watch college ball at all. This is about draft capital used and opportunity with Jakobi out. Definitely a lotto ticket, but will pay off eventually, if not today.

Some thoughts:

Jonathan Taylor
or signing
Leonard Fournette
Gus Edwards
to
Kenyan Drake
to
Justice Hill
to even
Le'Veon Bell
Hill
. There’s also
Keaton Mitchell
Melvin Gordon
Willis
McGahee/
Mark Ingram
fountain of youth.

- I love me some
Kyren Williams
Cam Akers
Zach Evans

-
Jerome Ford
Nick Chubb
. That’s the old
Kareem Hunt
Chubb
were to miss time,
Ford

Alexander Mattison
. I like
Ty Chandler
Chandler
Chandler

- The
Eagles
Rashaad Penny

-
Joshua Kelley
Puka Nacua
Elijah Dotson
Isaiah Spiller

Looks like I was wrong on Kyren being the RB1 with Akers being inactive this week. But with that move, time to stash Zach Evans.

Edit - Evans inactive, I guess I don’t know anything.

Last edited:
Some thoughts:

Jonathan Taylor
or signing
Leonard Fournette
Gus Edwards
to
Kenyan Drake
to
Justice Hill
to even
Le'Veon Bell
Hill
. There’s also
Keaton Mitchell
Melvin Gordon
Willis
McGahee/
Mark Ingram
fountain of youth.

- I love me some
Kyren Williams
Cam Akers
Zach Evans

-
Jerome Ford
Nick Chubb
. That’s the old
Kareem Hunt
Chubb
were to miss time,
Ford

Alexander Mattison
. I like
Ty Chandler
Chandler
Chandler

- The
Eagles
Rashaad Penny

-
Joshua Kelley
Puka Nacua
Elijah Dotson
Isaiah Spiller

Looks like I was wrong on Kyren being the RB1 with Akers being inactive this week. But with that move, time to stash Zach Evans.

Just got the alert Zach Evans is also inactive.... I highly doubt Royce Freeman is someone they'd feel confident in as their backup which leaves who? Ronnie Rivers?

Some thoughts:

Jonathan Taylor
or signing
Leonard Fournette
Gus Edwards
to
Kenyan Drake
to
Justice Hill
to even
Le'Veon Bell
Hill
. There’s also
Keaton Mitchell
Melvin Gordon
Willis
McGahee/
Mark Ingram
fountain of youth.

- I love me some
Kyren Williams
Cam Akers
Zach Evans

-
Jerome Ford
Nick Chubb
. That’s the old
Kareem Hunt
Chubb
were to miss time,
Ford

Alexander Mattison
. I like
Ty Chandler
Chandler
Chandler

- The
Eagles
Rashaad Penny

-
Joshua Kelley
Puka Nacua
Elijah Dotson
Isaiah Spiller

Just got the alert Zach Evans is also inactive.... I highly doubt Royce Freeman is someone they'd feel confident in as their backup which leaves who? Ronnie Rivers?
Yup, Rivers if not Freeman

Did something happen to Kyren?
Sorry I phrased that awkwardly. I had said I wasn’t sure Kyren would be the RB1 right away with Akers still around, but I was wrong in that Akers may not be around much longer, and Kyren is indeed RB1 now without question.

- Jerome Ford had 15 carries, he just didn’t do all that much with them. But 15 carries is still very noteworthy when backing up Nick Chubb. That’s the old Kareem Hunt role. Consider me intrigued. If Chubb were to miss time, Ford immediately becomes a priority add.
Buckle up…

Buckle up…
Can’t believe I keep giving away king makers… I just traded away Ford last week for Tank Bigsby. :wall::rant:

Update after week 2, BTW I'm really living the lotto life, I lost Dobbins/Barkley/Chubb.

Lotto pick hits: if they are out there spend the big FAAB/Waiver if you need RB help.

RB1/Highend RB2s:
Kyren Williams Looks like a confirmed hit! Very awesome to see in action, if you didn't watch the game it is worth seeing how elusive he is, once Kupp is back I think the lanes are even more open and this might detract from the passing role that he has. McVay is strangely the only worry for him- He did rotate backs and fall in and out of love with Henderson/Akers last year but its just something to note. I think he is a RB1 ROS.

Zack Moss Looks like a confirmed hit! At least for the next 2 weeks and JT still could be traded away or continue to hold out. High end RB2/lowend RB1 in this current role.

Flex with chance of more:
Justice Hill I'll say we might just have the RBBC and he is a highend flex at best
Gus Edwards see above.

- Here is a quick summary on which kingmakers significantly improved their odds at hitting lotto in week 3:

Joshua Kelley (Ready to Start?) Not the best start, I think we need another week but if someone has eyes on this it would be helpful to understand, looks like Chargers relied on pass. Better days ahead.

Matt Breida (Ready to Start) is not the answer....long term. Saquan could be back by week 6. Couple of other darkhorses and I think it will be RBBC, plus 49ers are up week 4 yikes! Grab em and bench em for cheap, would not break the bank, but I could be wrong about him again.

Jerome Ford (Ready to Start) has the burst for the 2nd level and likely to be the top waiver wire guy, but Pierre strong could be vulture/goal line duty and we always could see Kareem Hunt get added in or some back up vet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANDIDATES for the Season Changing – KingMaker List - by division
I'll Asterisk the team with the Kingmaker* and Bold the Kingmakers

I'll Highlight Downgrades/Upgrades/Talent
As of Tuesday Sep 19th.

AFC East

*BUF
Damien Harris is cheap and if Cook gets injured he definitely will be Kingmaker.

*MIA
Raheem Mostert not a JAG, but still health is #1 concern. He has never had 200 carries in a season and I would not trust to see it happen at age 31.
Jeff Wilson Jr. (Talent Kingmaker)
Devon Achane(Talent?)
Team linked to JT trade so we’ll see. These RBs belong on the bench or wait and see.

NEP
Zeke Elliott could emerge as the next option here, if injury occurs.

NYJ
Michael Carter is worth monitoring.

AFC North

*BAL
Gus Edwards or Justice Hill (Talent) are both possible Kingmakers. I initially only saw Gus Bus as the guy, but after learning the skillset I think Gus is a Roman fit and Justice is a Monken fit.

*CIN
Chase Brown is worth stashing as a Kingmaker.

*CLE
Pierre Strong or Jerome Ford (Talent) are both possible Kingmakers. Jerome is the favored one but, we did see Goal line role to Strong- was it because Ford was winded or that Strong is Stronger? I think they kind of look like Baltimore RBBC until we see more.

*PIT
Jaylen Warren (Talent) is a must draft/stash/roster for anyone. Already forced a split last year. 1st Kingmaker rank

AFC South

HOU
Devin Singletary is the definitive handcuff, yet only monitor.

IND
Zack Moss (Confirmed Talent) Congrats if you got your lotto ticket last week or before it was cashed! Now Bid for him if you haven't.
Deon Jackson is JAG

*JAC
Tank Bigsby (Talent) I saw a bad week 1 and 2 and I'm not so sure maybe stash/monitor can be applied if you need help right away and not bad to drop him necessarily.

*TEN
Tyjae Spears (Talent) monitor/stash worthy
Hassan Haskins JAG

AFC West

*DEN
Samaje Perine (Talent) Kingmaker. I think Javonte not fully themselves but I'm not seeing Perine take adv here. Downgrading him from top Kingmaker rank.
McLaughlin Jaleel thanks to @daylight for heads up

KCC
Jerrick McKinnon best COP in the game right now and is weekly lowend flex.
CEH not good fit, I think barring injury, monitor only.

*LVR
Zamir White is another frontrunner. 4th best Kingmaker

*LAC
Joshua Kelley (Talent) is the main frontrunner
Isaiah Spiller is a COP.

NFC East

*DAL
Rico Dowdle (Talent) is the perfect reason to make this list, never even heard of him before. He's been on Dallas for three straight seasons despite ending up on IR the last two seasons. 215lbs so could be the out of nowhere league winner!
Deuce Vaughn COP so small it is funny to watch youtube vids of his play

*NYG
Matt Breida is not the answer... long term.

*PHI
Swift is now the RB1 of the team but, I have a monitor on all else
Rashad Penny injury risk
Kenneth Gainwell (Talent) injured
Boston Scott JAG

*WAS
Antonio Gibson(Talent) frontrunner and just the more dynamic player in my eyes

NFC North

*CHI
Roschon Johnson (Talent) roster them now!

*DET
Jahmyr Gibbs should now be RB1 I'm guessing or it could be a RBBC
Reynolds Could be new David Montgomery?
David Montgomery(Talent) injured

*GBP
AJ Dillon might be looked over at this point but still is a kingmaker with low end flex appeal.

*MIN
Ty Chandler(Talent) is kingmaker candidate and moving up the ranks since Mattison looks weak.

NFC South

*ATL
Tyler Allgeier (Talent) is strongly rostered Kingmaker 1 rank

CAR
Chubba Hubbard stunk 2 years ago when given starter opportunity. I don't like him.

*NO
Jamaal Williams injured
Kendre Miller the one we should focus a monitor on
Tony jones Jr. welcome to the party pal

*TBB
Sean Tucker(Talent) splitting first team reps he is looking to be backup thanks for heads up on this @Lansdowne
Chase Edmonds stunk on MIA and was traded. monitor him
Ke’Shawn Vaughn JAG

NFC West

*ARI
Keaontay Ingram JAG but worth monitoring Cards have a pulse
Corey Clement JAG

*LAR
Zach Evans worth a monitor

*SF
Eli Mitchell (Talent) is my frontrunner and rounds out a top 5 Kingmaker

*SEA
Zach Charbonnet (Talent) roster them

Congrats if you read the whole thing! 27 possible Kingmakers and we had 4 hits so far!

Last edited:
Jerome Ford (Ready to Start) has the burst for the 2nd level and likely to be the top waiver wire guy, but Pierre strong could be vulture/goal line duty and we always could see Kareem Hunt get added in or some back up vet.
I don't see Strong as the goal line option. He's the same height and 20 lbs lighter than Ford. He got the GL look last night because Ford just ran 90+ yards on that 69 yard carry and was probably a little gassed.

Ty Chandler or Pierre Strong Jr?
Had this dilemma myself and went with Chandler, though I’m not particularly excited about either option. Both are in fluid situations where either could find themselves up to RB1 or down to RB3 by the end of the week, and I see Strong being pushed down to RB3 by a veteran addition this week as the most likely scenario, with the Vikings standing pat. I also like Ford more than Mattison so that’s another factor for me.

Latavius Murray looked pretty good this past week...was never a stud but the guy does not seem to be aging...Harris had 7 carries and Murray had 6 but Murray got 2 receptions and Harris none....they both had a TD.

Latavius Murray looked pretty good this past week...was never a stud but the guy does not seem to be aging...Harris had 7 carries and Murray had 6 but Murray got 2 receptions and Harris none....they both had a TD.
yep, I would roster Murray over Harris at this point!

Had this dilemma myself and went with Chandler, though I’m not particularly excited about either option. Both are in fluid situations where either could find themselves up to RB1 or down to RB3 by the end of the week, and I see Strong being pushed down to RB3 by a veteran addition this week as the most likely scenario, with the Vikings standing pat. I also like Ford more than Mattison so that’s another factor for me.
I think the more talented option is Chandler, but I think Pierre Strong is the better speculative week 3 add atm. It could be a surprise RBBC for all we know. Good to have a ticket that is easy to see in a week and then you can always grab Chandler for the longer wait and see situation.

I checked Vikings news and don't see much about how the RB morale is or if the coach mentioned anything specifically.

I think the more talented option is Chandler, but I think Pierre Strong is the better speculative week 3 add atm. It could be a surprise RBBC for all we know. Good to have a ticket that is easy to see in a week and then you can always grab Chandler for the longer wait and see situation.

I checked Vikings news and don't see much about how the RB morale is or if the coach mentioned anything specifically.
If the Browns don’t add anyone in time for Week 3 then I like Strong’s chances better of getting fantasy points this week, the Browns RB2 role has proven to have some standalone value and like you said we don’t know how the distribution will shake up after a week of practice in the post-Chubb era. Good speculative add.

Users who are viewing this thread