What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Biden Thread- things are looking up (1 Viewer)

Were there people who lost their jobs on the railways if they didn’t get the vax?
I would have fired them.
Were all the illegals you hire vaccinated?
I have no idea. They’re day laborers hired for a few hours at a time. I also have no idea if they’re illegal.

I hoped you asked them if they were vaccinated before hiring.
For a couple hours of work? Why?

I would have insisted that my full time employees be vaccinated. But it wasn't necessary. Most folks have common sense.
Covid can't spread and kill people if only a couple hours? I mean there must be some reason you're firing full time employees for not being vaccinated but okay with the illegals doing whatever they please

Tim seems like a decent person, but without a doubt he is a walking contradiction.
Hardly. But I also don’t want to be the subject matter here. Unfortunately certain people around here have no ability to refute my ideas, so they go after me personally instead. It’s rather tiresome but it’s their nickel I suppose.

Were there people who lost their jobs on the railways if they didn’t get the vax?
I would have fired them.
I have no idea. They’re day laborers hired for a few hours at a time. I also have no idea if they’re illegal.

I would have insisted that my full time employees be vaccinated. But it wasn't necessary. Most folks have common sense.
Covid can't spread and kill people if only a couple hours? I mean there must be some reason you're firing full time employees for not being vaccinated but okay with the illegals doing whatever they please

Tim seems like a decent person, but without a doubt he is a walking contradiction.
Hardly. But I also don’t want to be the subject matter here. Unfortunately certain people around here have no ability to refute my ideas, so they go after me personally instead. It’s rather tiresome but it’s their nickel I suppose.
It's not personal. You claimed you would fire railroad employees for not being vaccinated but admitted you don't care about vaccination status of your illegals. That's ********, IMO. You're making this about you because you know your views your spout off here are hypocritical. But if you can explain how Covid doesn't spread with hourly illegals compared to railroad workers, I'm all ears.

I would have fired them.

It's not personal. You claimed you would fire railroad employees for not being vaccinated but admitted you don't care about vaccination status of your illegals. That's ********, IMO. You're making this about you because you know your views your spout off here are hypocritical. But if you can explain how Covid doesn't spread with hourly illegals compared to railroad workers, I'm all ears.
I don’t want to discuss myself any more. I don’t think I’m a hypocrite, but if you do that’s fine. I won’t bother to convince you otherwise.

The argument I was making is that railroad workers should be vaccinated and if they refuse, they should be fired. That argument can be judged on its merits regardless of my own supposed hypocrisy.

I would have fired them.

I don’t want to discuss myself any more. I don’t think I’m a hypocrite, but if you do that’s fine. I won’t bother to convince you otherwise.

The argument I was making is that railroad workers should be vaccinated and if they refuse, they should be fired. That argument can be judged on its merits regardless of my own supposed hypocrisy.
I fail to see why this sliver of workers is so incredibly important to be vaccinated. Thinking a bit more, it's completely nonsensical.

So true. No matter what else he achieves this will likely go down as his greatest accomplishment. It’s truly been historic.
Kind of amazing this is the same team that made such a historic mess of Afghanistan.
Completely separate set of circumstances to deal with I would think is the obvious answer.

Afghanistan was handed to them on like the 8th play of a 12 play drive as well.

Kind of amazing this is the same team that made such a historic mess of Afghanistan.
See also: the Cuban Missile Crisis handled by the same administration as the Bay of Pigs.
I was in the 1st grade down here when that happened I remember we had to bring blankets to school for nuclear missile drills. We had to get under our desks and cover with blankets like that was going to help.

Kennedy had some huge cahones standing up to that crazy Ukrainian.

I agr
So true. No matter what else he achieves this will likely go down as his greatest accomplishment. It’s truly been historic.
Completely separate set of circumstances to deal with I would think is the obvious answer.

I agree. I think a mistake was made when we drew our soldiers down to 2500 before we withdrew. Withdraw the civilians and those that helped us when you still have 10,000 military personnel to provide security during the withdrawal. And much of the failure to do so is on Trump as well.

I agr

I agree. I think a mistake was made when we drew our soldiers down to 2500 before we withdrew. Withdraw the civilians and those that helped us when you still have 10,000 military personnel to provide security during the withdrawal. And much of the failure to do so is on Trump as well.

Biggest mistake was Biden putting a deadline date to be out despite bipartisan please to extend or not set an exact date. The deadline emboldened the Taliban and cost American lives. Some who are still stranded there.

I agr

Biggest mistake was Biden putting a deadline date to be out despite bipartisan please to extend or not set an exact date. The deadline emboldened the Taliban and cost American lives. Some who are still stranded there.
I don’t disagree that an announced deadline also was a significant problem But not the sole mistake. In addition to my previous point failing to realize the weak resolve and capabilities of the Afghan military also contributed.

Last edited:

REUTERS: household wealth fell by a RECORD $6.1 trillion in Q2 2022
In 2022: Nasdaq declined by 26.16% S&P 500 declined by 18.15% Bitcoin declined by 57.34%
30 Year Fixed Mortgage Rate: Jan 2021: 2.65% Sep 2022: 6.28% Inflation Jan 2021: 1.4% Sep 2022: 8.3%
Dow Jones is up 8% since Biden won.
30 Year fixed mortgages rates are being raised as a tool by the Fed to slow things down. Do think this should not be happening?
:lol: at Bitcoin being mentioned.

fun facts - you're right, sure feels like Biden has crushed everyone's 401K and yet, the DOW shows gains

crazy how it exploded under Trump isn't it ?

DateOpenHighLowClose*Adj Close**Volume
Sep 16, 202230,866.6130,866.6130,550.0830,822.4230,822.42627,918,344
Nov 03, 202027,138.6927,640.2127,138.6927,480.0327,480.03350,980,000
Nov 09, 201618,317.2618,650.0618,252.5518,589.6918,589.69173,110,000

fun facts - you're right, sure feels like Biden has crushed everyone's 401K and yet, the DOW shows gains

Stock market has been on fire for well over over a decade. Been amazing, lucky to be part of this frankly.

Obama smoked Trump if you are into this kind of scoreboard watching.

Stock market has been on fire for well over over a decade. Been amazing, lucky to be part of this frankly.

he was in twice as long too

but for giggles - how's your 401K right now? up 8% ?

most people's are not and the last year has been brutal

30,822.42-3,762.46 (-10.88%)past year

Yes he was SC. And if Trump was in this term his numbers would be decimated, inflation was coming no matter what despite your arguments of “well we don’t know”.

Trump’s lucky (like he’s been his entire life) he got voted out when he did as 95% of this mess would have landed on his lap too. I wish more then anything else politically that he had been re-elected, not because I believe we’d be any better off but at least we’d be almost done with him forever.

Obama smoked him at his 4 year point - if you think this is important.

If you think that Don would somehow have avoided this market bubble well good luck with that :lol:

I'd guess am up since Nov 3, 2020. If I had looked a couple weeks ago would be much better TBH. I would think within the sniffing range of the 8% the Dow is up. AMZN not been my friend.

I honestly try not to look too much during the bad times unless I am actively trading. I am not at the moment and have stuff in companies I am ready to ride or die with and a few dogs I can't let go.

Not sure why you are focusing solely on the last year unless you want to depress yourself.

What an all around disaster.

its going to get worse - Putin's gas cuts won't last, this winter might be brutally bad if its a really cold one, utilities are going to soar

Biden and Democrats can't smile and say sweet things and blame others forever -
For those of us that drive diesel vehicles, fuel prices have not improved much. Things will go from bad to worse.
‘The MSM continues to cover for Biden and deflect. He and this dysfunctional admin continue to get away with destroying the economy and many Americans are clueless.

In 2022: Nasdaq declined by 26.16% S&P 500 declined by 18.15% Bitcoin declined by 57.34%
30 Year Fixed Mortgage Rate: Jan 2021: 2.65% Sep 2022: 6.28% Inflation Jan 2021: 1.4% Sep 2022: 8.3%
30 Year fixed mortgages rates are being raised as a tool by the Fed to slow things down. Do think this should not be happening?
After you add inflation, we are not up.

What an all around disaster.

its going to get worse - Putin's gas cuts won't last, this winter might be brutally bad if its a really cold one, utilities are going to soar

Biden and Democrats can't smile and say sweet things and blame others forever -
For those of us that drive diesel vehicles, fuel prices have not improved much. Things will go from bad to worse.
‘The MSM continues to cover for Biden and deflect. He and this dysfunctional admin continue to get away with destroying the economy and many Americans are clueless.
Thankfully I drive a gas truck. Diesel has dropped 70 cents from its peak here, but it’s not enough to matter.

I agr

the mistake was shutting down a fully stocked baghram j.a.f.b

After you add inflation, we are not up.

This didn't age well. Now up 2.4% without adjusting for inflation.

It's called a bubble. Bubbles aren't healthy. They have consequences. Consequences which are obviously then blamed on others .

So yesterday at the United Nations, President Biden pledged 2.9 billion to help fight world starvation problems created by the Ukraine War. There are 40 million new hunger victims as a result of this war and we’re trying to help them.

I do not believe that President Trump or any other modern Republican would have done this. These days Republicans all seem to subscribe to the doctrine of “America First” and are not willing to help those in dire need in other countries. This is one reason of many that I can not currently vote for politicians in the Republican Party.

So yesterday at the United Nations, President Biden pledged 2.9 billion to help fight world starvation problems created by the Ukraine War. There are 40 million new hunger victims as a result of this war and we’re trying to help them.

I do not believe that President Trump or any other modern Republican would have done this. These days Republicans all seem to subscribe to the doctrine of “America First” and are not willing to help those in dire need in other countries. This is one reason of many that I can not currently vote for politicians in the Republican Party.
Its amazing how its all about spending more and more and more...So easy to win over liberals. Just spend baby!

It’s time to update the thread title, fortunately they have the correct emoji as well.

:tfp::tfp:

looking up by going down

29,318.94−757.74 (2.52%)today

sure is a lot of spending for an administration that people swears is lowering spending/debt .....

"We go way back. She was 12, I was 30" JFC Dems come get your pedo.
The faces in the background. :unsure:

I honestly don't understand what you guys are seeing here. It's like we watched a different clip.
When you're known as the guy who inappropriately touches 12 year olds, you might want to refrain from mentioning your relationship with a 12 year old.

It’s a big reason why I can.

When you're known as the guy who inappropriately touches 12 year olds, you might want to refrain from mentioning your relationship with a 12 year old.
I see. That's probably the disconnect. I don't know him as the guy who inappropriately touches 12 year olds.

I see. That's probably the disconnect. I don't know him as the guy who inappropriately touches 12 year olds.
Are we talking about Trump? Cause there’s pics of him with his hands all over Ivanka at pre-teen and up.
Biden is the little girl hair sniffer

Users who are viewing this thread