What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joe Biden Thread- things are looking up (1 Viewer)

I’m not changing the title. I still think things are looking up for Ol’ Joe. His accomplishments, IMO, overwhelm his failures.

Though I know the public won’t care about this, I am particularly proud that Biden returned our NATO and international commitments to what they were before Trump, and this is has significantly contributed to the Russian debacle (though I don’t want to take anything away from the incredibly brave Ukrainians.) Still, if Ukraine emerges intact from this crisis, and the security of Europe is thus preserved, Joe Biden deserves as much credit as anyone for making that happen.

Naming the last bill the “Inflation Reduction Act” was a terrible unforced error. Beyond the fact that the bill, while it does many good things, doesn’t fight inflation, mentioning the word keeps it in the spotlight. Just really stupid.
Claiming that the bill would help with inflation was the only way they could get Manchin to vote for it.

Naming the last bill the “Inflation Reduction Act” was a terrible unforced error. Beyond the fact that the bill, while it does many good things, doesn’t fight inflation, mentioning the word keeps it in the spotlight. Just really stupid.
Claiming that the bill would help with inflation was the only way they could get Manchin to vote for it.
And he benefit from it at the same time.

You think Manchin doesn’t agree unless the bill has that exact name? That’s hard for me to believe.

When does Bidens " Inflation Reduction Act " take effect?

Markets tumble. The hotter-than-expected inflation report sent the stock market tumbling. In trading on Tuesday morning, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell nearly 900 points, which amounted to a 2.75% decline. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 — the index to which many 401(k)s are pegged — dropped 3.1%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq also plummeted more than 4%.

Prices rose broadly outside of the energy sector. Food prices rose 0.8% on a monthly basis, slowing from their monthly increase in July but remaining highly elevated.
Meanwhile Ol Joe and his cronies partied it up at the WH yesterday celebrating the “inflation reduction” act .

:lmao:

Markets tumble. The hotter-than-expected inflation report sent the stock market tumbling. In trading on Tuesday morning, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell nearly 900 points, which amounted to a 2.75% decline. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 — the index to which many 401(k)s are pegged — dropped 3.1%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq also plummeted more than 4%.

Prices rose broadly outside of the energy sector. Food prices rose 0.8% on a monthly basis, slowing from their monthly increase in July but remaining highly elevated.
Meanwhile Ol Joe and his cronies partied it up at the WH yesterday celebrating the “inflation reduction” act .

What I truly despise about these clowns (both dem and GOP) is all they care about is the act of actually passing legislation and the amount of $ they spent...they could care less what happens afterwards...there is zero accountability from this point on other than friends and donors getting greased...you want to have the public less cynical...show us where every actual $ goes and what the results are.

What I truly despise about these clowns (both dem and GOP) is all they care about is the act of actually passing legislation and the amount of $ they spent...they could care less what happens afterwards...there is zero accountability from this point on other than friends and donors getting greased...you want to have the public less cynical...show us where every actual $ goes and what the results are.
At least they PASSED legislation.

Oh my

They spent $

Never confuse activity with accomplishment.

It accomplished what his voters wanted.

It accomplished what his voters wanted.
I guess.

They spent $
The Republicans spend money too but only care about spending when they aren't in power. It's laughable. :lol:
The guy you quoted posted that he hates that both sides do this.
Why do you feel the need to turn it into “BUT THE REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!” if you don’t mind my asking ?
Because the Republicans are the ones that always complain about spending.

Gee, what an awful thing...complaining about tax $ being pissed away with no accountability as the powers that be live high on the hog.

They spent $
The Republicans spend money too but only care about spending when they aren't in power. It's laughable. :lol:
Why do you feel the need to turn it into “BUT THE REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!” if you don’t mind my asking ?

Gee, what an awful thing...complaining about tax $ being pissed away with no accountability as the powers that be live high on the hog.
Except they don't complain about it when they are in office.

They spent $

Except they don't complain about it when they are in office.

Complete and utter BS...many of the lawmakers may act foolish but the base is not onboard...or do you not remember vilifying the Tea Party a few years ago?

Dear Lord...

Come on "Fire and Rain" with James Tayor was 52 years ago. Old Joe was in his prime in 1970 and loved that song.

There is a lot riding on these negotiations. They aren't getting the amount of press I'd expect.
Agree 100%. I don't recall where I saw it (maybe in here) and exact numbers may be off but if I recall correctly 40% of everything we move goes by rail. They would need 450K truck drivers to move the same goods. The industry is already short 80K truck drivers.

Needless to say a strike would be catastrophic.

Yes a railroad strike will be bad for Biden. But even worse for the country.

The main sticking issue seems to be sick time for employees. Seems hard to believe that the two sides wouldn’t be able to agree on this.

The main sticking issue seems to be sick time for employees. Seems hard to believe that the two sides wouldn’t be able to agree on this.
I think it's also something with their on-call status where they need to be available to work on their off days if required to.

Too few workers and too many man hours needed. They tried throwing money at them, but the workers want the time off instead.

I think it's also something with their on-call status where they need to be available to work on their off days if required to.

Too few workers and too many man hours needed. They tried throwing money at them, but the workers want the time off instead.
Probably burned out.

They spent $
:lol:

Both sides of the aisle know they can't allow a strike. They will make sure the sides come to an agreement.

Both sides of the aisle know they can't allow a strike. They will make sure the sides come to an agreement.
Congress has to do something. If they don't then Biden needs to sign an executive order. Regardless, something has to be done. If nothing is done it will be catastrophic for the country.

Don’t look now but Biden’s approval rating has gone way up:

Still underwater, but from 36% to 45% in one month. Big jump.

Were there people who lost their jobs on the railways if they didn’t get the vax?
I would have fired them.
Were all the illegals you hire vaccinated?
I have no idea. They’re day laborers hired for a few hours at a time. I also have no idea if they’re illegal.

I hoped you asked them if they were vaccinated before hiring.
For a couple hours of work? Why?

I would have insisted that my full time employees be vaccinated. But it wasn't necessary. Most folks have common sense.

Just saw that the railroad and union have a tentative deal to end the strike. :thumbup:
Done without Biden mentioning it, work behind the scenes, allow both sides to do their thing without added political pressure.
Exactly how it should be done. Unfortunately Trump would have held a presser by now to tell us how he did it.
Donald probably thinks he solved this and wonders why the MSM isn't praising him :lol:

Were there people who lost their jobs on the railways if they didn’t get the vax?
I would have fired them.
I have no idea. They’re day laborers hired for a few hours at a time. I also have no idea if they’re illegal.

I would have insisted that my full time employees be vaccinated. But it wasn't necessary. Most folks have common sense.
Until they lost their jobs.

I would have fired them.

Covid can't spread and kill people if only a couple hours? I mean there must be some reason you're firing full time employees for not being vaccinated but okay with the illegals doing whatever they please

I would have fired them.

Covid can't spread and kill people if only a couple hours? I mean there must be some reason you're firing full time employees for not being vaccinated but okay with the illegals doing whatever they please
The nursing home asks me if I was in contact with someone with COVID for 15 min.

I would have fired them.

Tim seems like a decent person, but without a doubt he is a walking contradiction.

Users who are viewing this thread