What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Robert Woods, HOU (2 Viewers)

Woods was coming on right when he got hurt though. He had 70 yards or a TD in each of his last 6 games. 

Woods full season pace was 85-1050-8, which is pretty in line with what he always has been in LA. 
I traded for him 5 days before he got hurt. 

I’m saying what the rams said. That he “never gelled” with Stafford 

Can you link where the Rams officially said that he didn't 'gel' with Stafford?

Not in Schefter's tweet or RamsWire or theRams.com.

All references are to the current trade option say 'prime trade candidate'.

Saw it on RotoWorld/NBC commentary, but wasn't part of anything official. This is why the comments should be removed and taken with a grain of salt.

Just want to make sure this isn't an 'echo chamber' comment from nowhere - aka false info.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is the narrative because Woods was always Goff's safety blanket receiver. However early season the reason Stafford and Woods "didn't click" is Stafford can make every throw including tight window throws Goff never could, so he didn't need a "safety blanket". At that point ythe Rams should have changed the offense/routes Woods ran because Woods can run every route in the tree, and for some reason offensive genius Sean McVay never really did (was forced to over time after OBJ was signed). It's likely it's because it keeps Woods near the LOS for his run blocking and designed sweeps the Rams used to run.

My thing is, no one else really can do the things Woods does game in and game out in that offense. He's arguably the best blocking receiver in the NFL and his injury was one of the reasons the Rams' running game struggled.

Not sure if Pats have the cap room but would love to see a guy with his ability for Mac Jones. Plus what he does for the running game would be fantastic. Have to imagine BB covets a guy like Woods. 

Can you link where the Rams officially said that he didn't 'gel' with Stafford?

Not in Schefter's tweet or RamsWire or theRams.com.

All references are to the current trade option say 'prime trade candidate'.

Saw it on RotoWorld/NBC commentary, but wasn't part of anything official. This is why the comments should be removed and taken with a grain of salt.

Just want to make sure this isn't an 'echo chamber' comment from nowhere - aka false info.
Yeah, you can find it on Google.com

Not sure if Pats have the cap room but would love to see a guy with his ability for Mac Jones. Plus what he does for the running game would be fantastic. Have to imagine BB covets a guy like Woods. 
I would think every team would. Lunchbox player. Always a hard worker, willing blocker, great route runner - I’m a fan. 

Titans acquired WR Robert Woods from the Rams in exchange for a sixth-round pick.

With the Rams adding Allen Robinson in free agency and still working on a new deal for free agent wideout Odell Beckham, Woods was on the outside looking in for LA. Woods took a backseat to Cooper Kupp with Matthew Stafford under center and suffered a torn ACL midseason, greatly reducing his value to the reigning Super Bowl champs. The Titans were in desperate need of a WR2 after cutting Julio Jones, but they will remain a run-first offense with an already-established alpha in A.J. Brown. That makes Tennessee a tough landing spot for his fantasy value. It will be hard to trust Woods as anything more than a talent-based WR3. He is expected to be back for training camp, though his health will be worth monitoring throughout the offseson.

RELATED: 

Odell Beckham

, Los Angeles Rams

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 19, 2022, 7:38 PM ET

Unless they just dealt Bob where he wanted to go, really lackluster compensation. Signed to a reasonable long term deal.

His fantasy value is toast

a 6th?  Titans got a bargain. 
Seems equitable to me considering his late season ACL likely takes him out for some of the season.

I don't know he's really any better then say JuJu and their pay next year is similar and JuJu is healthy and cost nothing. My guess is they tried to sign JuJu and this was the fallback option.

If Woods was a FA just not sure he'd have got a whole lot more then $10M considering the injury he's coming off and age. It's not Gallup's situation were for instance Dallas priorities locking him up for his value in future years.

Good move by the Titans, probably not great for Woods fantasy value, though he may still end up being underrated, its not like AJ Brown has been the picture of health himself. 

ETA: Between Woods and Hooper, the Titans seem a lot less likely to be a 1 man show in the passing game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good move by the Titans, probably not great for Woods fantasy value, though he may still end up being underrated, its not like AJ Brown has been the picture of health himself. 

ETA: Between Woods and Hooper, the Titans seem a lot less likely to be a 1 man show in the passing game. 
Probably was good for Woods fantasy. Allen Robinson was going to steal a lot of Woods’ targets.

Seems equitable to me considering his late season ACL likely takes him out for some of the season.

I don't know he's really any better then say JuJu and their pay next year is similar and JuJu is healthy and cost nothing. My guess is they tried to sign JuJu and this was the fallback option.

If Woods was a FA just not sure he'd have got a whole lot more then $10M considering the injury he's coming off and age. It's not Gallup's situation were for instance Dallas priorities locking him up for his value in future years.
He’s a LOT better than Juju. Especially for the titans. 

strikes me that AJB is potentially the main beneficiary of this. 
woods down field blocking for Henry should be fun

Looks like they did:

@AlbertBreer

One more on Robert Woods: The Rams worked with him to find the right destination. Titans are a scheme fit—Woods is a great downfield threat off play-action and a strong run blocker—and great intangible fit. This was a tough 1 for Sean McVay, so Rams wanted to do right by Woods.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1505341392750620673
really good to see, loved watching woods here in LA and wish him the best in Tennessee. he's a swiss army knife work horse, he'll fit in there just fine.

his target share with cooks/kupp wasn't bad, but kupp wasn't exactly a target hog back then like he is now. so i think his fantasy value will be higher in tennessee than in LA with kupp/arob.

Looks like they did:

@AlbertBreer

One more on Robert Woods: The Rams worked with him to find the right destination. Titans are a scheme fit—Woods is a great downfield threat off play-action and a strong run blocker—and great intangible fit. This was a tough 1 for Sean McVay, so Rams wanted to do right by Woods.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1505341392750620673
Really my favorite move of the off season. Awesome on the rams for doing right by a player, classy. 

If Woods can scheme into being Tanny's security blanket (Tanny needs one LOL)... it could be a good fit. Remember, it's not like Goff was chucking it 40-45 times a game himself. They throw in some designed runs and it may not be the worst destination in the world.

If Woods can scheme into being Tanny's security blanket (Tanny needs one LOL)... it could be a good fit. Remember, it's not like Goff was chucking it 40-45 times a game himself. They throw in some designed runs and it may not be the worst destination in the world.
Goff did lead the NFL in pass attempts in 2019. He threw the ball 39 times per game though so technically you are correct. 

Titans WR Robert Woods doesn't appear concerned about his surgically repaired knee heading into this season.

Woods suffered a torn ACL in practice ahead of the Rams' Week 10 game against the 49ers last season. Earlier this month it was reported by The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue that Woods is expected to be back by training camp, which is appears to be his goal. Woods will be almost nine months removed from surgery by the time Tennessee's training camp rolls around. Prior to his injury, Woods had caught 45 passes for 556 yards and four touchdowns in nine games. He has been a reliable top-24 receiver since 2017, and should be locked into a decent workload opposite A.J. Brown in 2022.

SOURCE: Star Telegram

Mar 26, 2022, 5:51 PM ET

He’s a LOT better than Juju. Especially for the titans. 
Robert Woods is excellent but I think JuJu has been sold short these past few years. People might have just overvalued him to begin with, so his "fall" from grace in the league is accentuated with plaintive cries of mutiny or disobedience to a larger order -- or something like that. i've kept my eye on him these years. I think the decline of Big Ben makes all those receivers look worse than they are. Johnson, Smith-Schuster, and Claypool are all excellent in my book. They all pretty much had to  operate within ten yards these past two years and everyone, including their opponents, knew it. 

Anyway, all I remember is JuJu winning me a redraft championship because I drafted him late and he became a PPR monster that year. 

Robert Woods is excellent but I think JuJu has been sold short these past few years. People might have just overvalued him to begin with, so his "fall" from grace in the league is accentuated with plaintive cries of mutiny or disobedience to a larger order -- or something like that. i've kept my eye on him these years. I think the decline of Big Ben makes all those receivers look worse than they are. Johnson, Smith-Schuster, and Claypool are all excellent in my book. They all pretty much had to  operate within ten yards these past two years and everyone, including their opponents, knew it. 

Anyway, all I remember is JuJu winning me a redraft championship because I drafted him late and he became a PPR monster that year. 
I loved Juju and his age had me over the moon about his dynasty potential but it's hard to argue that he wasn't as good without AB. 

The guy just isn't a #1. 

Ben had it almost easy. While people claimed he didn't have the same arm, he had two excellent short to mid range catch n run guys. They consistently got a step and it felt like even I could play QB for them it looked so easy.

Without AB, he's bumped at the LOS and pretty ordinary. He was starting to sincerely run the full route tree before he got hurt and that's what he must do. If a CB can bump him and know he's cutting inside, that's too easy. 

"May be ready for the start of the season* 

That's fine for Titans news but y'all better chew on that for fantasy

I loved Juju and his age had me over the moon about his dynasty potential but it's hard to argue that he wasn't as good without AB. 

The guy just isn't a #1. 
I agree with this. He doesn't quite have the speed to be a number one (he's close) and he's not quite big enough to be like Dez Bryant or someone of that ilk (he's close again). His speed score is decently above average, but he's not making corners quake in the boots on the outside running a 4.54 with a lower burst score. Just not happening for him. 

It was apparent that he was the beneficiary of AB playing for the Steelers. 

Robert Woods (ACL) said he feels "really, really good" in his recovery. 

"I actually feel like they're kind of holding me back a little bit," Woods said Wednesday. "I am trying to get back as well as I can, just doing everything (the trainer) has me doing, trying to stay focused and be patient with it. Right now I feel really, really good, getting going, being able to do some things." Woods stopped short of saying he would be ready for training camp, but he has been hinting as such since arriving in Tennessee in March. The Athletic has reported that should be the case. Although first-round rookie Treylon Burks is understandably getting all the attention, Woods could still end up leading the Titans' post-A.J. Brown offense in targets. 

SOURCE: tennesseetitans.com

May 19, 2022, 8:22 PM ET

The Athletic's Joe Rexrode writes that Robert Woods "should be" the Titans No. 1 option in Week 1 if he's healthy.

"He and Ryan Tannehill have already been building chemistry, and it would take a setback for Woods to be anything but full go by Week 1," Rexrode adds while noting that Treylon Burks projects as a WR3 to start. It looks like Burks will be battling Nick Westbrook-Ikhine for the No. 3 target role behind Woods and Austin Hooper based on the camp buzz in Tennessee.

RELATED: 

Treylon Burks

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jun 21, 2022, 4:45 PM ET

Robert Woods caught 1-of-2 targets for 13 yards in the Titans' Week 1 loss to the Giants.

Woods took a back seat to several Titans pass-catchers in this one, as his two targets tied Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and Austin Hooper for the fifth-fewest on the team. Hopefully, this isn't the norm for Woods, but rookies Kyle Philips and Treylon Burks commanded a combined 14 targets on the day while running back Dontrell Hilliard saw four targets of his own. Woods gets a Week 2 revenge game against the Bills but is hard to trust after this two-target showing.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I do not think it's panic time just yet. He is coming off a major injury. My guess is they want to work him in and let him get his legs back. Pre-season work and life NFL games are different. it's going to take some time. If you don't have that time with your roster then let him go. He is a proven NFL talent though so there is a good chance he returns to form at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread