What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Puka Nacua LAR (4 Viewers)

He is so good at shedding tackles. What a season! #footballislife

How did Brad Holmes let him get by? This seemed like the perfect Holmes find! Could you imagine LaPorta, St Brown and Puca?

He’s probably never going to be a pro bowler but if Jamo develops into a 90 target third option that’s not a bad trio.

Detroit is going to be a top offense for years. Gibbs + top shelf O-line, QB that makes good decisions.

But we have to get better at the outside corners on defense & Hutch needs a sidekick.

How did Brad Holmes let him get by? This seemed like the perfect Holmes find! Could you imagine LaPorta, St Brown and Puca?

He’s probably never going to be a pro bowler but if Jamo develops into a 90 target third option that’s not a bad trio.

Detroit is going to be a top offense for years. Gibbs + top shelf O-line, QB that makes good decisions.

But we have to get better at the outside corners on defense & Hutch needs a sidekick.

Agree, not sure what is going on with Sutton but he has been getting torched.

Goff+ARSB+LaPorta+Gibbs is going to make for an effective core for sure. You just really need role players around them now. I was pounding on the table for a real alpha WR but I will give myself a pass because how could I have expected LaPorta to step in and immediately be a Mark Andrews level receiver. My only concern for the offense is keeping the OL elite. Sewell is locked in. I hope Decker and Ragnow can give us a few more years of great play but Ragnow's foot seems like it's never going to actually heal so you never know when he might decide to hang it up. I think Decker is on the last year of his deal in 2024. If the Lions want to say, "this is an offensive league and we want to keep a strength strong" and spend significant draft capital on more OL help, I won't have any issue. That said, CB and Edge are screaming needs. We are just so desperate there for some relief .

That said, I would love to find another Amon Ra or Puka on day 3 of the draft. Those guys were such ridiculous values for their teams. How did the league miss so bad on them?

How did the Puka Nacua thread turn into the Detroit Lions Franchise Outlook thread?
lol, it's a free flowing conversation. I tried to bring it back at the end to Puka. What is it about him and ARSB that left NFL teams (including those that drafted them) with such inaccurate evaluations? Just over reliance on testing numbers?

Guys for sure going ahead of him:

CMC, Breece, Bijan
Lamb, Chase, Jefferson, Hill, Amon Ra

Guys probably going ahead of him:

Gibbs, AJ Brown

I’m probably missing someone but to me he enters the convo around pick 11.

Guys for sure going ahead of him:

CMC, Breece, Bijan
Lamb, Chase, Jefferson, Hill, Amon Ra

Guys probably going ahead of him:

Gibbs, AJ Brown

I’m probably missing someone but to me he enters the convo around pick 11.
ESPN had those 10 plus Kyren and G Wilson in their first round.

Everything is splitting hairs at this level, but:

I would put Puka ahead of Wilson going into next season. Wilson is super talented. Roders will be by far the best QB he's ever had. But he's 40 coming off an achilles injury. Father time catches every single QB. And 40 off an achilles injury worries me that Rodgers may not be the guy that helps your favorite fantasy WR like we've seen in the past.
I also worry that the Jets have a great running game and a very good defense. I worry the Jets passing volume may not get Wilson to the elite level we're hoping for. Maybe it will. And I'll have Wilson as a top 12 WR. But if we're splitting hairs, I think that's a concern.

I also think McVay is a better offensive coach. I think his top guy will get the ball in a lot of creative ways that prove to be productive.

I'm going to stick with Brown before Puka. Brown has averaged 1,476 yards and 9 TD's since joining the Eagles. He's already had the touchdown success we're hoping Puka gets. Though, having seen what Kupp did the 2 years prior, Puka could wind up finishing WR1 overall. It's super close, and I reserve the right to change my mind between now and September.

How did the Puka Nacua thread turn into the Detroit Lions Franchise Outlook thread?
lol, it's a free flowing conversation. I tried to bring it back at the end to Puka. What is it about him and ARSB that left NFL teams (including those that drafted them) with such inaccurate evaluations? Just over reliance on testing numbers?
I was trying to find where to discuss Frank Ragnow’s foot health. Glad I found this thread after looking in 900 other threads for it.

This thread was started too late was started on June 1st and 10 of my rookie drafts were already over. So this was of zero help and thus I have zero Puka in dynasty.
I had a lowly 5th round pick in one league, and a 4th in a league that drafted a week later with 5 of the same owners.

Was reading through Waldman’s RSP & he had Puka just below all of the known names, and above all of the also-rans, sorta sitting in his own tier.

score another W in Waldman’s talent evaluation.

Of course Puka wildly exceeded anyone/everyone's expectations, but still. Helped me win 1 league & have a dominant WR corps in another.

Good lookin out, Matt. :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread