What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Robert Woods, HOU (2 Viewers)

Via Schefter:

On the same day that the team signed WR Odell Beckham Jr., Rams’ WR Robert Woods tore his ACL at practice Friday, sources tell @diannaESPN and me. Woods hurt his knee at practice Friday. He went down, got up, finished practice, conducted interviews with the media after, nobody thought anything wrong…and then tests discovered later that he tore his ACL, per sources.

For as much crap that he got that he was not Cooper Kupp, he still was a low end #1 WR in half ppr. Bummer, I suppose OBJ and Van Jefferson should be main beneficiaries, it might hurt Stafford but those 2 WRs should fill the void nicely. Maybe bump Jefferson more this week and after the bye re evaluate the new order. Kupp might be even higher ceiling?

Wow, big blow to the team. strictly from a NFL perspective, Rams just got worse in a big way that won't show up on the stat sheet. Woods was such a workhorse away from the ball. having signed OBJ was absolutely fortuitous, but he won't ever be the guy blocking for the RB in the crowd.

I dropped Woods and picked up OBJ but could have grabbed Gage instead. I think OBJ could be washed up and is a problem child to boot....think I will regret having him on my team.

Van Jefferson to the moon. I would expect them to ask OBJ to take on Wood's role and, but he won't fill it as efficiently. I expect Jefferson to pick up around 2 more targets per game, which is probably enough to put him on the starting map for fantasy purposes.
Yeah...he has been available in my leagues.  Seem a lot of those borderline WRs have stayed available...the Tim Patricks of the world (who I just picked up) and Claypools that seem to have some upside but aren't doing a lot.  Lookng to drop Patrick for Jefferson on this news.  Just think there is more upside in that offense.

A 10-year vet who will be starting next season on IR completing rehab.  Not good from a dynasty perspective.  Also, Sean Mcvay will have to find a new lead blocker, apparently.  Smh.

Welp, just dropped him and picked up OBJ. Sorry Bobby, see you next year.
You must play in an 8 team league or a shallow bench league.  All my leagues are 12 teams and 20 roster spots so no one like Beckham is just sitting out on waivers.  (Note I did add him in 3 leagues on Wednesday waivers where people got sick of him and dropped him) but that is different he isn't sitting out there after being signed by the Rams to be picked up on a Saturday.

Van Jefferson to the moon. I would expect them to ask OBJ to take on Wood's role and, but he won't fill it as efficiently. I expect Jefferson to pick up around 2 more targets per game, which is probably enough to put him on the starting map for fantasy purposes.
I don't see his role changing.  Beckham takes over for Woods how does Jefferson role change ?  

I don't see his r
I actually see it has the opposite of this. I think Van Jefferson takes over the Woods role and OBJ role stays the same with just a larger share.   OBJ will still be The field stretcher. Woods wasn’t that in his role, he was to do everything guy and mostly work across the middle. Van Jefferson can fill that role in the O I believe (obviously not as well as Woods).  

I dropped Woods and picked up OBJ but could have grabbed Gage instead. I think OBJ could be washed up and is a problem child to boot....think I will regret having him on my team.
10 team public yahoo league with 15 man rosters?

In leagues with really deep rosters (mine is 16 team, IDP, 53 man rosters) does a guy like Ben Skowronek see some increased playing time (actually any playing time would basically be an increase for Ben)?

Good GOD this hurts... drafted him 3.9 in a 16 team Standard double flex league.He just started going back to reliable WR2 value when OBJr. joined. I was like "ok so he's WR3 with WR2 upside now" and now he's out for the year. Going to be hard for my team to stay in the playoff hunt since I don't have much depth at WR.

Moved Woods to an non contender in FFPC (TE Premium)...

Gave: Woods, Callaway

Got: Knox

was weak at TE, outside looking in, but still trying to make a late run final 5 weeks. Callaway would likely not be a keeper at off season cut downs. Knox will be (mandatory TE keep).

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure how this doesn't increase Darrell Henderson's role with the team. more passes out of the backfield. 

and can we stop relying on OBJ as some sort of panacea? he's a pariah, if he couldnt help the lowly brownies, just how is he going to help the Rams? this isn't an A. Brown reclamation project. 

Van Jeff gets all the action now, and bump Henderson.

Q - dumb, brilliant or 🤷

for whatever reason a team in my dynasty dropped Woods. I had bench depth and IR spots so I blew my entire FAAB to get him. Turns out I didn’t need to, as my bid of $174 was a lot more than the next of $53. But I rarely use FAAB in this league and with Henry out I’m not winning squat this year. 
my WR are strong (kupp, k Allen, D Johnson, Evans, cooper) so woods won’t start next year but Depth is nice to have 

This is strictly a fantasy football gripe, but it's extremely annoying in dynasty leagues when an NFL team says a player is out for the season but waits forever to put him on IR. I'm sure the Rams don't have to do anything since they're on bye this week, but, selfishly, I need them to officially put Woods on IR so I can open the roster spot! 

NFL teams have a cap to stay under. Bringing in another player costs $. Leaving a hurt player in the roster slot for a week or three saves money since they are already paid for.

Sure, there is the practice squad ($9-14k/week), but it does cost money to activate the players (prorated league minimum $).

Takes time to find a free agent that fits the scheme as well. And hope they can sign the player for a low cost.

3 years left on his current deal. He was being drafted mid 4th last year IIRC and was rounding nicely into being just a touch below break-even for that draft price. My sense of disappointment was more in contrast to Kupp IMO. The passing game bump from Stafford didn't go his way.  

If the LAR roster doesn't change significantly, guessing he drops to mid to late 5th round, maybe lower? He'll be 30 but likely still above Van Jefferson in the pecking order. I'm guessing he'll start slow but end the year around WR 22ish. In my league, his 15.2 PPR points per game average was 17th.  I'll be keeping an eye on him as a buy low as the year progresses. 

How are other folks viewing him coming into 2022? There's other guys with higher ceilings and lower floors that are going to go before him but I see him as a WR that can serve a purpose on your roster. Rich man's flex, poor man's WR2. Or in my case last year very, very poor man's WR1.

3 years left on his current deal. He was being drafted mid 4th last year IIRC and was rounding nicely into being just a touch below break-even for that draft price. My sense of disappointment was more in contrast to Kupp IMO. The passing game bump from Stafford didn't go his way.  

If the LAR roster doesn't change significantly, guessing he drops to mid to late 5th round, maybe lower? He'll be 30 but likely still above Van Jefferson in the pecking order. I'm guessing he'll start slow but end the year around WR 22ish. In my league, his 15.2 PPR points per game average was 17th.  I'll be keeping an eye on him as a buy low as the year progresses. 

How are other folks viewing him coming into 2022? There's other guys with higher ceilings and lower floors that are going to go before him but I see him as a WR that can serve a purpose on your roster. Rich man's flex, poor man's WR2. Or in my case last year very, very poor man's WR1.
I think a lot of his value depends if OBJ stays or goes somewhere else.  No way to really tell until that shakes out. 

I like him as another outlet for Stafford. Plus he's been running those sweeps even before they became so popular.

The Athletic's Jordan Rodrigue said Robert Woods (ACL) is expected to return to the Rams by training camp. 

Woods tore his ACL in November, one day after the Rams traded for Odell Beckham, who's also coming back from an ACL tear. After seeing very little involvement in LA's offense to start the 2021 season, Woods saw 45 targets in his final five games of the year. Still, he was the distant No. 2 wideout to Cooper Kupp after being drafted ahead of Kupp in fantasy leagues. A healthy Woods and Beckham -- who isn't expected back until November -- could squelch each receivers' upside in the Rams offense in 2022. 

RELATED: 

Odell Beckham

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Mar 7, 2022, 12:53 PM ET

Bob Woods destinations?

ROBERT WOODSWR, LOS ANGELES RAMS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Robert Woods has become a "prime trade candidate" following the Rams' addition of Allen Robinson. 

Schefter reports the Rams have already begun receiving calls. It makes sense. Matthew Stafford didn't seem to gel with Woods, and the Rams now have a ridiculous amount of resources tied up in their receiver corps, while still wanting to re-sign Odell Beckham. Recovering from a torn ACL, Woods' contract is guaranteed for injury, so he is not a candidate to be released. A trade would be the way to go if the Rams are ready to move on. Schefter reports Woods is expected to be healthy for training camp. 

So let me get this straight...

They want to trade Robert Woods (coming off an ACL tear but should be ready by September/October) who is a better all-around player and sign Beckham Jr. (coming off an ACL tear but may be out until December 2022)?

And Woods' contract is fully guaranteed so you really aren't going to save much?

So let me get this straight...

They want to trade Robert Woods (coming off an ACL tear but should be ready by September/October) who is a better all-around player and sign Beckham Jr. (coming off an ACL tear but may be out until December 2022)?

And Woods' contract is fully guaranteed so you really aren't going to save much?
I wonder about the asking price. There’s a hole in Nashville but trading for 30yo receivers with injury concerns hasn’t been a great plan. 

I wonder about the asking price. There’s a hole in Nashville but trading for 30yo receivers with injury concerns hasn’t been a great plan. 
Green Bay would be a good look for him for us owners.  I can dream.   😁

Packers, Browns, Commanders, Falcons, (I'll argue Saints) Titans, just a ton of a teams that could use a WR upgrade. 

Legit surprised to see.

Bummed the Niners have no shot. Any team can use a Robert Woods. He’s been underrated his entire career.

Baffling that Stafford never gelled with him. 

Can't see the Rams helping out another potential contender in the NFC. 
Right now the rams control the fate of two of the best wr options and last year's 1 seed in the nfc has a massive void to fill.  I think that played in to the Robinson signing too to be honest.  Just shut them and drive up the price on the handful of good guys left.  

Also tough for green bay as they will be relying likely in a high drafted rookie as well.  Hard to hope a rookie develops and wait for the veteran who hasn’t been around to get that chemistry with Rodgers. 
The positive for him is that he is in an offense similar to LaFleur 

Legit surprised to see.

Bummed the Niners have no shot. Any team can use a Robert Woods. He’s been underrated his entire career.

Baffling that Stafford never gelled with him. 
Woods was coming on right when he got hurt though. He had 70 yards or a TD in each of his last 6 games. 

Woods full season pace was 85-1050-8, which is pretty in line with what he always has been in LA. 

Users who are viewing this thread