What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Areas We Can Expand Our FBG Content - For Customer Service Please See Site (2 Viewers)

The #3 Area You'd Like Footballguys To Improve

• Total voters
ultimately your rankings are the bread and butter and the core of why many subscribe....IMO they should be fluid and updated throughout the entire year on a fantasy site....
This. Especially for dynasty (IDP dynasty included). I do not play redraft leagues anymore and I have some awesome dynasty leagues I'm in. The "off-season"  is when dynasty leagues are the most busy as sites usually get switched over to the new year in January or February. That is when most or at least a large part of the trading is done in dynasty and is the reason why so many are asking for year round content. 

As far as IDP I am in several IDP leagues and frankly FBG IDP content is pretty much a non factor. It has been pretty clear that FBG does not desire to carry decent IDP content. Sorry to sound harsh but it's reality.

Most of the best info I get on FBG is from the Forums.

Love the subscriber contests, keep them going!

In redraft with Covid especially, there are last minute matchups to exploit. Say a starting CB and S are ruled out this week for Pittsburgh. Which players are more likely to benefit? I’d love to see premium content of hot plays to exploit published Saturday then Sunday morning as breaking news warrants. Tips on which #2 or slot WR is prime for a boom week can flip a FF loss to a win.  This content can also extremely helpful in DFS.

Off the wall content, rate the staffers on how good their projections were for seasons past and running rank as the season progresses.  Make it a friendly competition amongst your staff.  Who is best at predicting the order overall, QB top 12, WR top 36, RB top 24, etc.   

In redraft with Covid especially, there are last minute matchups to exploit. Say a starting CB and S are ruled out this week for Pittsburgh. Which players are more likely to benefit? I’d love to see premium content of hot plays to exploit published Saturday then Sunday morning as breaking news warrants. Tips on which #2 or slot WR is prime for a boom week can flip a FF loss to a win.  This content can also extremely helpful in DFS.

Off the wall content, rate the staffers on how good their projections were for seasons past and running rank as the season progresses.  Make it a friendly competition amongst your staff.  Who is best at predicting the order overall, QB top 12, WR top 36, RB top 24, etc.   

Along the lines of your first paragraph....I would like to see a weekly feature that focuses on the "flex" position....what I mean by that is that it is pretty easy each week to lock in the core of your starting lineup....what most of us really crave is help with that decision of basically your last starting position (or two).....I know the guys in the top 20 or whatever are probably going to start for me, so each week, the top of most of the rankings doesn't mean much.....does it matter if Davante Adams is ranked 2nd or 11th...?...no... you are still going to start him....its the bubble flex guys, so some opinions (with comments) that kind of go along the lines of why I should start AJ Dillon this week instead of Kenny Golladay or somebody like that who is ranked closely that week...

Last edited by a moderator:
Along the lines of your first paragraph....I would like to see a weekly feature that focuses on the "flex" position....what I mean by that is that it is pretty easy each week to lock in the core of your starting lineup....what most of us really crave is help with that decision of basically your last starting position (or two).....I know the guys in the top 20 or whatever are probably going to start for me, so each week, the top of most of the rankings doesn't mean much.....does it matter if Davante Adams is ranked 2nd or 11th...?...no... you are still going to start him....its the bubble flex guys, so some opinions (with comments) that kind of go along the lines of why I should restart AJ Dillon this week instead of Kenny Golladay or somebody like that who is ranked closely that week...

Thanks. Can you elaborate more on this? I'd like to get to the practical end result product on the website you're looking for. 

Thinking this through, if I'm hearing you right, it's essentially asking about a group of players in the RB/WR/TE group that we project each week that rank in a certain range and to give more detail on them. Right?

What is that range of players?

And how are you thinking you'd like to see the information expressed exactly?

Rankings are great but explanations behind the rankings are what adds value.  I wish the staff would explain why they like or dislike certain players.
Last year, it seemed that the "experts" generating the rankings felt "put out" to participate.

very limited explanations for each player

and what was provided, was not updated from when initially posted thru the beg of season 

Thanks. Can you elaborate more on this? I'd like to get to the practical end result product on the website you're looking for. 

Thinking this through, if I'm hearing you right, it's essentially asking about a group of players in the RB/WR/TE group that we project each week that rank in a certain range and to give more detail on them. Right?

What is that range of players?

And how are you thinking you'd like to see the information expressed exactly?
bolded...pretty much is spot on...

I guess it's kind of hard to explain exactly what I am really asking for as I realize your rankings in and of themselves basically tell you to play AJ Dillon over Golladay if in your "flex" ranking you have AJ Dillon ranked 42 and Golladay ranked 43.... 

but when I go there....just seeing them as 42 and 43 doesn't really help me.....that is basically saying they are the same....I kind of look at it and go "well even FBG doesn't really have much of a difference here and they don't really know who to start between the two either"....and I think what we look for sometimes is that piece of information that puts us over the top or gives us the nudge to go with one over the other.....WHY is AJ one spot ahead.....I realize that is almost impossible to do...

maybe something with a "confidence" level somehow factored in....like if AJ is color coded green, that means that flex42 is in our opinion his "floor" but he has the potential to maybe finish flex30 this week....whereas Golladay is color coded red meaning we have him here at flex43 but this may be close to his ceiling as even though Golladay has been hot lately Jones is dinged up and he has a tough CB matchup so don't be surprised if he finishes as flex68....something like that would make me feel a little better about nudging me one way or the other...

so maybe what I am asking is like a confidence factor built in within the actual rankings....and so yeah for me personally....I am cool with like very little breakdown of the Davante Adams's of the world and would like to see more time/comment/reasoning spent on the flex type options each week....

so for a range.....say a 12 team league 2RB-3WR-1TE-1Flex....more tidbits might start at RB20-36.....WR30-50....TE10-20....just spit balling, but in that area somewhere...

We generally don't need too much info on the auto starts....its the RB2's....WR3's...and flex spots of the world where we need the help...and where at least IMO I look for the most weekly help from the experts.....hope that kinda made sense, even though I know it may actually be too much to ask and really difficult to achieve....

What bothers me is when much time and effort is spent being too cute in developing new and breaking analysis

for example, the below item.

just strikes me as problematic when your analysis of QBs has  Josh Allen at #16 (MVP candidate),

behind Bridgewater, Mac Jones, Tannehill and just ahead of Tua and Wentz. 

Sorta challenges the validity of the entire analysis

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-quarterbacks-changing-situations

PLAYERGMCMP%TD%INT%Y/APASS TDS/GEPA/PLAYCPOE

Aaron Rodgers1668.97.00.87.72.310.2996.2

Joe Burrow1670.46.52.78.92.130.2106.2

Dak Prescott1668.86.21.77.52.310.1763.5

Tom Brady1767.56.01.77.42.530.2192.8

Kyler Murray1469.25.02.17.91.710.1506.1

Russell Wilson1464.86.31.57.81.790.0873.8

Kirk Cousins1666.35.91.27.52.060.1592.5

Patrick Mahomes II1766.35.62.07.42.180.2412.7

Matthew Stafford1767.26.82.88.12.410.221-0.5

Jimmy Garoppolo1568.34.52.78.61.330.2182.8

Justin Herbert1765.95.72.27.52.240.226-0.3

Derek Carr1768.43.72.27.71.350.1562.8

Teddy Bridgewater1466.94.21.67.21.290.1192.4

Mac Jones1767.64.22.57.31.290.0763.6

Ryan Tannehill1767.24.02.67.01.240.1903.7

Josh Allen1763.35.62.36.82.120.1181.1

Tua Tagovailoa1367.84.12.66.81.230.0912.8

Carson Wentz1762.45.21.46.91.590.086-2.1

bolded...pretty much is spot on...

I guess it's kind of hard to explain exactly what I am really asking for as I realize your rankings in and of themselves basically tell you to play AJ Dillon over Golladay if in your "flex" ranking you have AJ Dillon ranked 42 and Golladay ranked 43.... 

but when I go there....just seeing them as 42 and 43 doesn't really help me.....that is basically saying they are the same....I kind of look at it and go "well even FBG doesn't really have much of a difference here and they don't really know who to start between the two either"....and I think what we look for sometimes is that piece of information that puts us over the top or gives us the nudge to go with one over the other.....WHY is AJ one spot ahead.....I realize that is almost impossible to do...

maybe something with a "confidence" level somehow factored in....like if AJ is color coded green, that means that flex42 is in our opinion his "floor" but he has the potential to maybe finish flex30 this week....whereas Golladay is color coded red meaning we have him here at flex43 but this may be close to his ceiling as even though Golladay has been hot lately Jones is dinged up and he has a tough CB matchup so don't be surprised if he finishes as flex68....something like that would make me feel a little better about nudging me one way or the other...

so maybe what I am asking is like a confidence factor built in within the actual rankings....and so yeah for me personally....I am cool with like very little breakdown of the Davante Adams's of the world and would like to see more time/comment/reasoning spent on the flex type options each week....

so for a range.....say a 12 team league 2RB-3WR-1TE-1Flex....more tidbits might start at RB20-36.....WR30-50....TE10-20....just spit balling, but in that area somewhere...

We generally don't need too much info on the auto starts....its the RB2's....WR3's...and flex spots of the world where we need the help...and where at least IMO I look for the most weekly help from the experts.....hope that kinda made sense, even though I know it may actually be too much to ask and really difficult to achieve....
How about breaking out flex plays into high floor vs high ceiling?  High ceiling, I’d love to see comments like slot receivers should have a boom week vs Detroit because they play a soft zone or secondary is calling up taxi squad players to cover injury/illness.  Basically spotlight players who have the best opportunity to outperform.  That includes late scratches on defense.  Set me up with a couple sneaky hot starters

Ramblin Wreck said:
Rankings are great but explanations behind the rankings are what adds value.  I wish the staff would explain why they like or dislike certain players.
This is a great addition.  A rankings list really means very little when it's just a list of rankings with no reasoning behind the numbers.   It's similar to the AC forum in the start sit when someone just picks a player and doesn't say why.  I usually gloss over those because I have no idea why that player was chosen.  Could be because his uniform is blue.  

I also liked the idea of color coding a player so that you have a quick reference to the overall feeling of that player.  Green for floor and red for ceiling was a nice, easy demarcation.  That would be valuable and put a great context to a player.  

I think a difficulty is that many of the rankings/projections on the site are an averaging of the multiple points of view. Recycling the earlier example with Dillon at 42 and Golladay at 43 in the overall rankings, you could see that Dillon may be based on a wide array of opinions ranking him anywhere from 20 through say 55, while those same rankers all have Golladay between 38 and 47, something like that.

That said, I do wish more of the rankers would take the time to include notes on their rankings. A few were good about that last year and it was appreciated that I could just hover over their ranking and get the pop up with some notes.

Create a Dynasty only forum then I would be able to quit prefacing every post with the word dynasty.

Obie Wan said:
What bothers me is when much time and effort is spent being too cute in developing new and breaking analysis

for example, the below item.

just strikes me as problematic when your analysis of QBs has  Josh Allen at #16 (MVP candidate),

behind Bridgewater, Mac Jones, Tannehill and just ahead of Tua and Wentz. 

Sorta challenges the validity of the entire analysis

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-quarterbacks-changing-situations

PLAYERGMCMP%TD%INT%Y/APASS TDS/GEPA/PLAYCPOE

Aaron Rodgers1668.97.00.87.72.310.2996.2

Joe Burrow1670.46.52.78.92.130.2106.2

Dak Prescott1668.86.21.77.52.310.1763.5

Tom Brady1767.56.01.77.42.530.2192.8

Kyler Murray1469.25.02.17.91.710.1506.1

Russell Wilson1464.86.31.57.81.790.0873.8

Kirk Cousins1666.35.91.27.52.060.1592.5

Patrick Mahomes II1766.35.62.07.42.180.2412.7

Matthew Stafford1767.26.82.88.12.410.221-0.5

Jimmy Garoppolo1568.34.52.78.61.330.2182.8

Justin Herbert1765.95.72.27.52.240.226-0.3

Derek Carr1768.43.72.27.71.350.1562.8

Teddy Bridgewater1466.94.21.67.21.290.1192.4

Mac Jones1767.64.22.57.31.290.0763.6

Ryan Tannehill1767.24.02.67.01.240.1903.7

Josh Allen1763.35.62.36.82.120.1181.1

Tua Tagovailoa1367.84.12.66.81.230.0912.8

Carson Wentz1762.45.21.46.91.590.086-2.1

Hi Obie Wan. Thanks for the feedback there. It was a breakdown of some different stats and it was interesting where Allen ranked there. (Cousins and Herbert were interesting too.) And hopefully it'll generate some discussion.

For me, the more interesting part of the feature was Ben's blurbs on some of the players. He does several. Here's Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers

Major Change: Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling are gone

Analysis: Rodgers is one of the best football players of all time and the reigning back-to-back MVP. Rodgers dominated last season, ranking first by a wide margin when averaging out the rankings of the seven statistics highlighted above and ranking first in multiple categories including TD%, INT%, EPA per Play, and CPOE. Despite some coaching changes this offseason, Rodgers is in a position to continue his excellent play entering 2022 thanks to stability at the top with Matt LaFleur continuing to call the shots. From a redraft and best ball fantasy perspective though, Rodgers is not a priority at his current ADP of QB9 and 79.9 overall according to Underdog Fantasy without Adams and Valdes-Scantling. Rodgers will play the majority of the 2022 season at 38 years of age and offers very little upside with his legs at this stage of his career. Rodgers will undoubtedly elevate the pass-catchers around him but even great quarterbacks benefit from talented teammates and a Packers’ depth chart currently comprised of Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb, Amari Rodgers, Juwann Winfree, Malik Taylor, and Robert Tonyan Jr coming off a mid-season ACL tear doesn’t impress.
As always, thanks for the feedback. 

I think a difficulty is that many of the rankings/projections on the site are an averaging of the multiple points of view. Recycling the earlier example with Dillon at 42 and Golladay at 43 in the overall rankings, you could see that Dillon may be based on a wide array of opinions ranking him anywhere from 20 through say 55, while those same rankers all have Golladay between 38 and 47, something like that.

That said, I do wish more of the rankers would take the time to include notes on their rankings. A few were good about that last year and it was appreciated that I could just hover over their ranking and get the pop up with some notes.

Yes. The comments by the rankers is something that separates us from many of the other sites and it's something we hope to do even more of this year. 

Ramblin Wreck said:

Agreed. We ask all our staffers to add comments on their rankings if they're on the high or low end vs consensus. That's something we've done for a long while and we'll continue to do that this and hopefully even expand that more. It's one thing that separates us from many of the competitors. 

Agreed. We ask all our staffers to add comments on their rankings if they're on the high or low end vs consensus. That's something we've done for a long while and we'll continue to do that this and hopefully even expand that more. It's one thing that separates us from many of the competitors. 
@Joe Bryant...if you don't mind me asking....why not have more year long fluid rankings from staffers that are updated throughout the year or at least after some pivotal points in the off season...?...with the understanding that it is not something they or you are "held to" obviously until closer to the start of the season....tia

Stinkin Ref said:

Thanks for elaborating. And thanks for understanding it's almost impossible to do.

A couple of things.

1. It's one of the more difficult things to project but we do factor confidence already into every projection and ranking. 

2. And for when a player is ranked #42 compared to a player ranked #43, we literally are saying they're almost the same. That's saying if I were drafting or setting a lineup, I'd go with #42 but just by the slightest of margins. 

BUT we're also saying if we had to make a call, we'd start #42. We don't get the luxury of waffling.

Fantasy football is a bright line type of game. You don't get to shrug and say you don't really know. You have to make a decision. That's why we do projections and rankings with firm numbers attached.

If you ask me whether to start #42 or #43, the short answer is simply: #42.

If you want the longer answer, it'll be more like, "I would start #42. But we have #43 projected just slightly behind him. If there's something you feel better about with #43, then by all means bump him over #42."

@Joe Bryant...if you don't mind me asking....why not have more year long fluid rankings from staffers that are updated throughout the year or at least after some pivotal points in the off season...?...with the understanding that it is not something they or you are "held to" obviously until closer to the start of the season....tia

Don't mind asking at all. We do way better than that, we have two sets of Rest of Season actual stat projections every week updated throughout the week. With projections, you can dial that right into your scoring system that you import into Footballguys so you get the most accurate rest of season values available anywhere that I'm aware of. 

Don't mind asking at all. We do way better than that, we have two sets of Rest of Season actual stat projections every week updated throughout the week. With projections, you can dial that right into your scoring system that you import into Footballguys so you get the most accurate rest of season values available anywhere that I'm aware of. 
sorry....I guess I need to say it another way.....why don't you have more rankings out like "right now"....or say a month ago as free agency was happening, etc....like right now I think Wood is the only staffer with rankings out.....

sorry....I guess I need to say it another way.....why don't you have more rankings out like "right now"....or say a month ago as free agency was happening, etc....like right now I think Wood is the only staffer with rankings out.....

Thanks.  We have 5 sets of Dynasty rankings out now https://www.footballguys.com/rankings?type=dynasty&pos=rb&scoring=ppr&excludedstaffers=&leagueid=Select+League

With more to come.

And we'll have more on regular redraft. The main reason we don't have more redraft now is they're really hard to do accurately. It's why so many sites don't have them. We've always committed to if we're going to have them, we want them to up to our level of quality. 

More soon. 

Hi Obie Wan. Thanks for the feedback there. It was a breakdown of some different stats and it was interesting where Allen ranked there. (Cousins and Herbert were interesting too.) And hopefully it'll generate some discussion.

For me, the more interesting part of the feature was Ben's blurbs on some of the players. He does several. Here's Rodgers.

As always, thanks for the feedback. 
you focus on part of the problem

the disconnect between the numbers and the writeup

Rodgers (and Dak) have had their WRs core gutted which is acknowledged in the writeup, yet the "numbers" show them at the top of the forecast

you focus on part of the problem

the disconnect between the numbers and the writeup

Rodgers (and Dak) have had their WRs core gutted which is acknowledged in the writeup, yet the "numbers" show them at the top of the forecast

For sure. Stats that obviously look backward have to be balanced with events that happened after the season and will influence stats forward. We'll be doing tons of work on those types of features this spring and summer. Should be fun. 

I think the Dynasty content is lacking but I know most guys don't do it. The podcast is way loaded over about trades. Most of the hour is should I trade this guy for that guys. My our league is different but we might only have 3-4 trades a year. The feeling is when you read up on Dynasty they trade weekly.

Thanks.  We have 5 sets of Dynasty rankings out now https://www.footballguys.com/rankings?type=dynasty&pos=rb&scoring=ppr&excludedstaffers=&leagueid=Select+League

With more to come.

And we'll have more on regular redraft. The main reason we don't have more redraft now is they're really hard to do accurately. It's why so many sites don't have them. We've always committed to if we're going to have them, we want them to up to our level of quality. 

More soon. 
thats what I was getting at is that obviously nobody will hold you to them this early.... so accuracy and quality aren't really an issue....whats the harm in offering them if there is an obvious disclaimer...?....many would maybe to at least see how you guys are leaning at this time.....there are lots of contests and play for money best ball type leagues that draft year round so the information would be helpful....if there is a need to subscribe  to see them, that is fine, but not sure what the real harm would be in having some early preliminary rankings that are fluid and updated on a fantasy site...just because "other sites don't do them" doesn't mean you can't....in fact if you do, then maybe many would come to this site since it is something you offer that "others don't".....but just my  :2cents:  so I will die on this hill as I know for as long as I have been here its not really your business model for the most part and it's not something you are really interested in providing....

thats what I was getting at is that obviously nobody will hold you to them this early.... so accuracy and quality aren't really an issue....whats the harm in offering them if there is an obvious disclaimer...?....many would maybe to at least see how you guys are leaning at this time.....there are lots of contests and play for money best ball type leagues that draft year round so the information would be helpful....if there is a need to subscribe  to see them, that is fine, but not sure what the real harm would be in having some early preliminary rankings that are fluid and updated on a fantasy site...just because "other sites don't do them" doesn't mean you can't....in fact if you do, then maybe many would come to this site since it is something you offer that "others don't".....but just my  :2cents:  so I will die on this hill as I know for as long as I have been here its not really your business model for the most part and it's not something you are really interested in providing....

Thanks. I think maybe it's just differing in opinion on the harm that can be caused by rankings that aren't as accurate or have the quality we want. That's a constant tension for us. We want to make sure we can have the quality level our readers expect from us.

It's the same thing in season. We theoretically could have the upcoming week's rankings out Sunday night. But they wouldn't be the quality we feel good putting our name on. But it's a balance, right? Our best rankings would be waiting until Sunday morning to offer rankings for that afternoon's games. But that's obviously way too late. So we strike the best balance we can between timeliness and quality. 

For what you're asking though, we have 5 sets of Dynasty rankings out now, plus two full and complete sets for Best Ball. We feel that's about right for April. And we'll continue to ramp up through the spring and summer. Thanks for being a part of Footballguys on this.

For what you're asking though, we have 5 sets of Dynasty rankings out now, plus two full and complete sets for Best Ball. We feel that's about right for April. And we'll continue to ramp up through the spring and summer. Thanks for being a part of Footballguys on this.
On this point (and back to my points earlier in the thread)…

1) you only had only 2 dynasty rankings available for most of Feb/Mar iirc when most of us dynasty players are looking to wheel and deal between the Super Bowl and keeper cut down time in many of our leagues (FFPC, at least) so that’s when I want to see the 5 sets of dynasty rankings available on the site. It would be GREAT if you could get your dynasty writers to do a set of rankings right after the Super Bowl so we have a solid array to assess in the active dynasty "off season"

2) as I said in my earlier post but don’t think was addressed yet, @Joe Bryant, I think #1 might be able to be solved by bringing back the feature where *I* can set how far back I want to see rankings from. We used to be able to see rankings up to 365 days old. So #1 could be partially solved by at least letting me bring up any and all dynasty rankings in the past year and allow me to weed out the ones I consider "too old" or out of date. I just want more to chose from. And I also like to see the historical rankings from a year ago just as part of my post-season assessment of how each team ended up, where I might have used the rankings of the time to guide my decisions, see what I personally need to adjust in my approach, etc. 

so I’d love both 1 and 2, but would love to have 2 at the very least if the new rankings board and setup allows you to do so. 

thanks for listening

On this point (and back to my points earlier in the thread)…

1) you only had only 2 dynasty rankings available for most of Feb/Mar iirc when most of us dynasty players are looking to wheel and deal between the Super Bowl and keeper cut down time in many of our leagues (FFPC, at least) so that’s when I want to see the 5 sets of dynasty rankings available on the site. It would be GREAT if you could get your dynasty writers to do a set of rankings right after the Super Bowl so we have a solid array to assess in the active dynasty "off season"

2) as I said in my earlier post but don’t think was addressed yet, @Joe Bryant, I think #1 might be able to be solved by bringing back the feature where *I* can set how far back I want to see rankings from. We used to be able to see rankings up to 365 days old. So #1 could be partially solved by at least letting me bring up any and all dynasty rankings in the past year and allow me to weed out the ones I consider "too old" or out of date. I just want more to chose from. And I also like to see the historical rankings from a year ago just as part of my post-season assessment of how each team ended up, where I might have used the rankings of the time to guide my decisions, see what I personally need to adjust in my approach, etc. 

so I’d love both 1 and 2, but would love to have 2 at the very least if the new rankings board and setup allows you to do so. 

thanks for listening

Thanks @joey  Adding to the Dynasty coverage was something we've done recently as we've listened to people asking for more. I'd expect that going forward, we'll have the 5+ sets of Dynasty rankings like we do in Feb/March.

For the allowing the range to go back super far for what's showing, we're not able to change that for now because of the structure we moved to with the new design last year. 

We'll keep doing our best there to make this as good as we can. Thanks. 

Thanks @joey  Adding to the Dynasty coverage was something we've done recently as we've listened to people asking for more. I'd expect that going forward, we'll have the 5+ sets of Dynasty rankings like we do in Feb/March.

For the allowing the range to go back super far for what's showing, we're not able to change that for now because of the structure we moved to with the new design last year. 

@Joe Bryant.....so if you can have 5+ dynasty rankings in Feb/March....I guess my question would be why can't you have 5+ redraft as well....?....there is more "harm" in putting out redraft rankings than dynasty rankings...?...worry about the quality is different...?.... :confused:

I guess you are saying you will lose subscribers (harm) if your early redraft rankings somehow don't pan out for some people?....even though they know they are just that, early rankings, that can be updated as the landscape changes?....not sure how you would actually know/track that....?....IMO as a FF customer I feel you may be overestimating that a little while also underestimating the increased traffic (and potential subscribers) you would generate by offering them....let alone providing something that current customers would like to see added...if we have to "pay" to see them....so be it....I would imagine if you created a poll in the shark pool and asked...."would you like to see FBG offer year round rankings that are updated throughout the off season" you would be met with a resounding positive response saying yes they would like to see it....probably wouldn't even get a single "no" vote....because most would say "sure why not"....but I also know you guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have and its your business...so I will stay in my lane...you can talk about wanting quality and standards and things that meet your expectations all you want.....but obviously the quality/standards/expectations and accuracy of early rankings are not as high as in August so your standards can be lowered accordingly....I just have a hard time buying that as a reason not to do them and a weird place to draw a line in the sand.......guess I would need a better business understanding of the "harm"...

@Joe Bryant.....so if you can have 5+ dynasty rankings in Feb/March....I guess my question would be why can't you have 5+ redraft as well....?....there is more "harm" in putting out redraft rankings than dynasty rankings...?...worry about the quality is different...?.... :confused:

I guess you are saying you will lose subscribers (harm) if your early redraft rankings somehow don't pan out for some people?....even though they know they are just that, early rankings, that can be updated as the landscape changes?....not sure how you would actually know/track that....?....IMO as a FF customer I feel you may be overestimating that a little while also underestimating the increased traffic (and potential subscribers) you would generate by offering them....let alone providing something that current customers would like to see added...if we have to "pay" to see them....so be it....I would imagine if you created a poll in the shark pool and asked...."would you like to see FBG offer year round rankings that are updated throughout the off season" you would be met with a resounding positive response saying yes they would like to see it....probably wouldn't even get a single "no" vote....because most would say "sure why not"....but I also know you guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have and its your business...so I will stay in my lane...you can talk about wanting quality and standards and things that meet your expectations all you want.....but obviously the quality/standards/expectations and accuracy of early rankings are not as high as in August so your standards can be lowered accordingly....I just have a hard time buying that as a reason not to do them and a weird place to draw a line in the sand.......guess I would need a better business understanding of the "harm"...

Thanks. Another part of it is there's way more demand for multiple dynasty rankings in Feb/March than there are Redraft leagues happening in Feb/March.

And with everything we do, we have to balance the demand vs the cost of creating the content. We're a little unique in the industry as we pay for all our rankings. Personally, I think that helps us have better rankings. 

And regarding "harm", that may be too strong a word. I think it's more making sure we can hit the level of quality we want given the demand on the content. 

For a bigger point, we're always looking to see how folks practically use the content. 

With having full redraft rankings up now from our Jason Wood, one of our most senior and best content creators, how do you feel most redraft GMs are using those rankings in March when we posted them? I'm always interested to see how folks use the content we create. Thanks. 

@Joe BryantI think also the point being missed here is there are currently NO IDP rankings right now as I write this (I believe @joey was alluding to that), the last sets dropped off already and one was on 12 March so way less than 30 days.....Yes you have 5 sets of dynasty rankings for Offensive players, but nothing for IDP. If anything could you just get your IDP guys to post up their last set of rankings so we have something to use.

NFL draft is 2 weeks away and many Dynasty drafts start right after - many of us may want to trade current NFL IDP players to get picks in those drafts and it would be very helpful with some IDP rankings...

@Joe BryantI think also the point being missed here is there are currently NO IDP rankings right now as I write this (I believe @joey was alluding to that), the last sets dropped off already and one was on 12 March so way less than 30 days.....Yes you have 5 sets of dynasty rankings for Offensive players, but nothing for IDP. If anything could you just get your IDP guys to post up their last set of rankings so we have something to use.

NFL draft is 2 weeks away and many Dynasty drafts start right after - many of us may want to trade current NFL IDP players to get picks in those drafts and it would be very helpful with some IDP rankings...

Thanks. IDP is something we're working on too. Dynasty and IDP are two of the areas we're looking to focus on improving. 

Joe Bryant said:
Thanks. Another part of it is there's way more demand for multiple dynasty rankings in Feb/March than there are Redraft leagues happening in Feb/March.

And with everything we do, we have to balance the demand vs the cost of creating the content. We're a little unique in the industry as we pay for all our rankings. Personally, I think that helps us have better rankings. 

And regarding "harm", that may be too strong a word. I think it's more making sure we can hit the level of quality we want given the demand on the content. 

For a bigger point, we're always looking to see how folks practically use the content. 

With having full redraft rankings up now from our Jason Wood, one of our most senior and best content creators, how do you feel most redraft GMs are using those rankings in March when we posted them? I'm always interested to see how folks use the content we create. Thanks. 

there are literally hundreds of best ball leagues going where you can draft pretty much every day starting right after the super bowl...DraftKings, FFPC regular and satellites, Fanduel, Yahoo, Underdog, Draftmasters/RTsports, APEX, Owners Box, etc...

many redraft leagues often include a small "keeper" element to them where trades can be made in the off season or deadlines for announcing your keepers are in the offseason....so getting a feel for where the experts rank your potential keepers or potential players involved in a trade can be helpful...

seeing how the "experts" adjust their rankings throughout the offseason is also useful....its why IMO I often like to see the +/- movement highlighted.....meaning Wood may have had Tyreek as WR3 initially but after the trade he now has him as WR11 or something so a -8 next to his name after an update....same for if Tua gets a bump from QB18 to QB14 (+4) or whatever....

I get there may not be the "demand" in the offseason for redraft as much as dynasty... and I guess if supply/demand and money/cost is the issue....there really is no argument for that and that is easier to understand from a business point of view...I wasn't really factoring that in that you had to pay extra for offseason rankings and just assumed a FF site would kind of already have that factored in as rankings are usually ultimately the bread and butter of a site...at least that is a little easier to understand than the harm thing....thanks Joe

Fresh set of IDP Dynasty rankings updated yesterday. More IDP content planned. 
Even though this may sound like nit picking I don't mean it that way.   I am in IDP leagues and I wouldn't consider myself a guru but even I by briefly skimming through those rankings can there are several players that are incorrect teams.  Just seems strange how something as simple as that can be missed.  The rankings may be amazing for this time of year but that kind of stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Even though this may sound like nit picking I don't mean it that way.   I am in IDP leagues and I wouldn't consider myself a guru but even I by briefly skimming through those rankings can there are several players that are incorrect teams.  Just seems strange how something as simple as that can be missed.  The rankings may be amazing for this time of year but that kind of stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
the comments section for each player should clarify things

Thanks for the note. That's absolutely not nitpicking. That's absolutely and totally unacceptable. We must have a problem with our database updating for this. What players did you see incorrect? We'll make this top priority. 

2. redraft: early projections/rankings....even if they are completely off base early....we all know that....doesn't have to include rookies....updated every few weeks or after major things....end of season, first week of FA, second week of FA, draft, June 1 cuts, etc......nobody holds you to them that early, but they would be nice to have, as some redraft/best ball based leagues could use them and start early....

ultimately your rankings are the bread and butter and the core of why many subscribe....IMO they should be fluid and updated throughout the entire year on a fantasy site....

Staffers have to watch me draft and analyze a coupe of leagues before penning rankings.  Not having WSL set the timeline back.

Staffers have to watch me draft and analyze a coupe of leagues before penning rankings.  Not having WSL set the timeline back.
@Joe Bryant said they don’t do fluid redraft offseason rankings on their fantasy football site cause they have to pay for them....now that I know that it’s you that it on the payroll.....I get it...

I don't particularly care about idp rankings, but written content about it is the one thing I don't think I currently absorb that I'd like to. I understand I am a minority though.

@Joe Bryant said they don’t do fluid redraft offseason rankings on their fantasy football site cause they have to pay for them....now that I know that it’s you that it on the payroll.....I get it...

To be clear on what I said. We pay our staff for their rankings. I think that's the best way. Like any business, we have to be smart with how we spend our time and resources. For this time of year, we have 5 sets of Dynasty Rankings. We are just now ramping up our redraft rankings with more content coming there Monday. Thanks. 

Hi Joe,

Thanks for asking, it's greatly appreciated to have an opportunity to provide feedback. I'm a long-time subscriber, and have already re-upped for 2022. A few different comments:

- On IDP, there is something of a coverage problem. Eyes of the Guru addresses some of the teams (roughly half I'd say) each week, and the other columns may or may not cover those same teams. Thus, there are often many teams that get no comments at all for a given week, even though there may be significant developments. If you could find a way to make sure every team gets a least some commentary, that would be very helpful.

- I got a lot of value from the weekly recap of each game, and not sure why you stopped publishing it last year. Would love to see that revived, the quick description of each player was gold. And again as an IDP player, if they could be added into such an article it would be a big plus.

- Each year, most Dynasty leagues have some sort of waiver deadline. Mine does, and I'm often scrambling to find information on stashes for next year. Several authors address this topic, but generally they do one position each week starting late in the year, and as a result some of the articles are published after my waiver deadline. It would be great if there was a more comprehensive approach, a bit earlier in the season.

- I realize the reality of people's lives and personal issues, but there are pretty regular interruptions to the publishing schedule. When you are really looking forward to an article and then find out its not being done that week its rather frustrating. I know this isn't easy, but perhaps you can consider having some backups to cover popular articles.

- Minor site nits: It used to be easier to navigate to prior week content - there was a simple list of weeks to click - but now you have to go digging to get to the earlier articles. in addition, the link for Forums would be more simply accessed if it was on the same line as "Rankings  Articles  Tools etc" - and there is plenty of room. Otherwise I have to scroll all the way to the top of the page to get to it.

Thanks again for the work over all the years.

Hi Jo

Thanks for asking, it's greatly appreciated to have an opportunity to provide feedback. I'm a long-time subscriber, and have already re-upped for 2022. A few different comments:

- On IDP, there is something of a coverage problem. Eyes of the Guru addresses some of the teams (roughly half I'd say) each week, and the other columns may or may not cover those same teams. Thus, there are often many teams that get no comments at all for a given week, even though there may be significant developments. If you could find a way to make sure every team gets a least some commentary, that would be very helpful
I think the teams missing are typically the teams that did not play that week.  Doing a quick spot check from last year there were at least 25 teams from each week.  So although there are teams missing its not as bad as half of them.

JAK Straw said:
Hi Joe,

- On IDP, there is something of a coverage problem. Eyes of the Guru addresses some of the teams (roughly half I'd say) each week, and the other columns may or may not cover those same teams. Thus, there are often many teams that get no comments at all for a given week, even though there may be significant developments. If you could find a way to make sure every team gets a least some commentary, that would be very helpful.

- I got a lot of value from the weekly recap of each game, and not sure why you stopped publishing it last year. Would love to see that revived, the quick description of each player was gold. And again as an IDP player, if they could be added into such an article it would be a big plus.

- Each year, most Dynasty leagues have some sort of waiver deadline. Mine does, and I'm often scrambling to find information on stashes for next year. Several authors address this topic, but generally they do one position each week starting late in the year, and as a result some of the articles are published after my waiver deadline. It would be great if there was a more comprehensive approach, a bit earlier in the season.

- I realize the reality of people's lives and personal issues, but there are pretty regular interruptions to the publishing schedule. When you are really looking forward to an article and then find out its not being done that week its rather frustrating. I know this isn't easy, but perhaps you can consider having some backups to cover popular articles.

- Minor site nits: It used to be easier to navigate to prior week content - there was a simple list of weeks to click - but now you have to go digging to get to the earlier articles. in addition, the link for Forums would be more simply accessed if it was on the same line as "Rankings  Articles  Tools etc" - and there is plenty of room. Otherwise I have to scroll all the way to the top of the page to get to it.

Thanks again for the work over all the years.

Thank you @JAK Straw and thanks for supporting us. Folks like you make the forums possible. One of the focuses for this year is expanding our IDP coverage as I know folks want more there. 

For the interruptions to publishing, I'm not sure what you mean there. I missed Week 3 last year with Random Shots but I don't know of any real football features that have been missed. We fully realize our personal issues are not in the equation for the real football information. We deliver.

We're also expanding Dynasty coverage. For the waiver deadline, can you elaborate more on exactly what you'd like to see that cover and when in the year you need to see it?

Thanks.

Take a look at Bloom's buy low sell high columns from week 14 on, starting with QB stashes that week. Subsequent weeks had RBs, then WRs, and then TEs. But my dynasty add/drop deadline hit before all of the articles. I'm asking to see all of the positions, including IDPs, earlier in the season.

Authors miss an article from time to time. For example, John Norton missed week 13 in Eyes of the Guru. Given that he's the main guy covering this area, it was a big hole that week.

Users who are viewing this thread