What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

I am going to break with my left-leaning brethren and suggest the Dems are making mistakes with this impeachment - that could come back and bite them. 

It feels as though they are trying to appease too many stakeholders by rushing this through. Some are nervous about impeachment so they make it very narrow. Some are worried about it dragging into primary season, so they make it quick. But as I tell my daughters anything worth doing is worth doing well. 

From the testimony I gave read - they don’t have a case yet. They have a lot of innuendo and “close” but they don’t have key fact witnesses- and it’s a mistake to rely on “We asked nicely but they did not appear.” 

So when Jordan questions the witnesses and asks “Did you hear Trump say that?” They are all going to say no. And like it or not that is what the public will focus on. 

I think the chances of even getting an impeachment vote will be tough - absent some evidence that I am not aware of. 

If witnesses have compelling testimony that relates to Trump - issue the subpoenas and go to court. 
I don’t agree. 

As I pointed out before, the idea that Giuliani and Sondland would insist on a quid pro quo without Trump’s approval is completely implausible. In addition, we have Trump on record telling Ukraine’s President to meet with Giuliani and work with him. And we have witnesses who will testify that Giuliani and Sondland insisted on a quid pro quo (including Sondland himself.) It may never be enough for Republicans, but it will be enough for the general public I believe. 

Again, you guys are missing the point.  Trump's kids are well spoken, very intelligent, successful people.  This is a big plus for Donald because it shows he did a great job raising them.  
Let's be honest, their nannies raised them. He was too busy making and losing money.

Hey guys, the question of who is to blame for Don Jr growing up to be such an obnoxious jerk is really not relevant to this thread, is it? Let’s get back to the issue at hand. 
In fairness, Donald Jr is trying to get the word out on Hunter Biden about children riding daddy's coat tails into wealth and thinking they actually have accomplished something. 

If the Republicans really make this argument, it might save Trump from removal, but wouldn’t it also destroy his re-election? How can they argue “our guy is too imcompetent to pull this off, but vote for him again please”? 

In any case I think it’s a moot point because Trump’s ego would never allow this to be the defense. He has to maintain that he is brilliant and did nothing wrong. 
Base doesn't care.  He has 30% no matter what.  This argument isn't going to grow that base.  I can't think of a single thing he's doing right now that is going to grow his base.  THAT is his problem and it's tough for me to believe he doesn't see that.  It all becomes about turning out his base.  It's going to need to be at the 95% mark for it to be competitive based on my "back of the envelope" math and even then he still has to figure a way to get people outside the base as it's basically slid from 37-38% down to that 30-32% range.  

Good point.

I think this maybe is the point. Trump and his team - Patel and Harvey - drummed up a name and tried to push it out through the hearings which they could leak from (though winkwink they were never there). Failing that push it out through RW blogosphere, see what shakes out.

But the really hilarious thing (Benny Johnson doesn't say who's testifying here) - the witness says he has no clue who this guy is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Don Jr., apparently he helped get Yovanovich fired with a bunch of false accusations?

This whole story is so disgraceful.
Here's the full story:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/embattled-ukraine-ambassador-marie-yovanovich-was-advised-to-tweet-praise-of-donald-trump/ar-AAJP9x2

Before she was recalled from her post in Kyiv in May, Yovanovich was targeted by Giuliani and his associates because she was viewed as an obstacle to their efforts to get the new Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to open an investigation into Hunter Biden’s business dealings and any role from Ukraine in the 2016 U.S. election. President Trump believed she was “bad news,” according to the memo of his July 25 call with Zelensky, and Giuliani and others in Trump’s orbit had been criticizing her on various platforms. 

John Solomon, a much-maligned conservative columnist for The Hill, published a March interview with  Yuriy Vitaliyovych, the now former prosecutor general in Ukraine, said Yovanovitch had given him a “do not prosecute” list—an accusation both she and State denied. The president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., sent out a tweet in March calling her a “joker.” 

This is just so awful. She's giving public testimony a week from tomorrow. I hope she completely embarrasses Trump, Trump Jr, and that dishonest Solomon, who is a constant guest on Hannity.

More:

At one point, according to a transcript of her Oct. 11 deposition in front of congressional impeachment investigators, she was told that sending a flattering tweet about President Donald Trump could save her job. 

This is our President. This is the government we have right now.

This NOQreport place looks like fun.

"Whistleblower’s lawyer Mark Zaid’s YouTube channel liked young Disney girl videos"

"Rob Schneider understands California voters far too well"

"Jenna Jameson has a holiday message for the world"

"Sick joke about fentanyl Halloween candy for MAGA kids shows how unhinged the left really is"

I don’t agree. 

As I pointed out before, the idea that Giuliani and Sondland would insist on a quid pro quo without Trump’s approval is completely implausible. In addition, we have Trump on record telling Ukraine’s President to meet with Giuliani and work with him. And we have witnesses who will testify that Giuliani and Sondland insisted on a quid pro quo (including Sondland himself.) It may never be enough for Republicans, but it will be enough for the general public I believe. 
The idea that Rudy and Sondland were doing this without Trumps knowledge is about as likely as Don Jr not telling him about the Trump Tower meeting.

I would not be surprised if the QPQ idea came from Trump hearing about Biden bragging about getting the Ukrainian prosecutor fired.

Let's never forget that the Trump family was disallowed from operating ANY charity in the state of New York because they stole from a kids cancer charity.

A kids cancer charity. 
That seems like a good reason to send these people involved to prison

A lot of funny answers fellas but not "letting" your daughter marry Donald Jr. is in the lead.   :lol:

Not a surprise that all the anti-Trump folks can't admit how successful Trump's kids are.  It doesn't always have to be partisan guys.  :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread