What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Catching up on Oly soccer...

SKorea a bit hosed on the clock at the end there vs Honduras who Hondurased their way through the last 15 minutes rolling around on the turf. At the 88min mark, Ref let a kid lay on the grass for literally 3mins, but only gave SK an extra 40 seconds for it.

Halfway through BR vs COL... neymar going down way too easily, but Col also kicking him way too much. Oh... nice wall there, colombia.

It is hard to determine an exact starting point for corruption in soccer.

But most will agree that the corruption was significantly elevated and tuned into an art once Joao Havalange took over FIFA.

Joao died today at age 100.  Gary Linekar remembers him with this tweet :)

=============================================

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker 2h2 hours ago
Joao Havelange, the former FIFA president has died. Football gave him so much. Yes, you read that correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how the Championship goes straight to Tuesday league games in the 3rd week of the season!

ETA: I've got a great feeling about Leeds today!

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Was at my folks' house last weekend and found the old Soccer Made In Germany tote bag we got for pledging PBS in the early 80s.
That show was my only link to watching soccer on TV growing up.  One hour on the weekend, no DVR, no VCR if I missed it was gone until next week. 

My kids have no idea how lucky they are to be able to turn on the TV and find a game on no matter the day or time. 

I couldn't tell if Sterling's 2nd assist wasn't a bad first touch that ended up landing right in the path of Aguero.  He'd never admit it thought.  Kind of like the airball that you claimed was an "alley-oop" the whole time.

This was a long time coming

http://www.thesportsblaze.com/minnesota-mls-announcement/14072siiThrerfjhdfjhdsESPN today will formally announce Old school bundesliga fans will like this.its purchase of a U.S. package of European soccer rightsthat was agreed to nearly 10 months ago. ESPN agreed to pay around $110M for a package that includes Euro '20 and its qualifiers, the European '22 World Cup qualifiers, a planned UEFA Nations League tournament of friendlies in '18 and '20 and the UEFA Nations League Final Four in '19 and '21. ESPN outbid beIN Sports, Fox Sports and NBC Sports for the package. Univision picked up the Spanish-language rights in the U.S. for around $70M.fjhsdfjkhdsfkjdsfjkfdshjdfshdfsjhsdfkjhsdfkjsdh'kjdfshdfkjsh

Users who are viewing this thread