What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Khiry Robinson (1 Viewer)

Subscribers have you seen Bloom's ranking for Khiry this week? Goodness. Having me rethink this.
if this game is anything but a blowout, ill be shocked.

New Orleans offense has produced multiple TDs for RBs in both games so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what the Saints RBs have done after two games, I still can't get the fact out of my mind that Sean Payton has historically been murder on fantasy RBs and I still see him ruining this party. You never knew how he was going to use them and he likes to use several during a game. Hell, Cadet could be the spoiler, along with extensive use of Thomas. I think that alone tempers my expectations for any Saints RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what the Saints RBs have done after two games, I still can't get the fact out of my mind that Sean Payton has historically been murder on fantasy RBs and I still see him ruining this party. You never knew how he was going to use them and he likes to use several during a game. I think that alone tempers my expectations for any Saints RB.
I get that in games that don't look like obvious blowouts. remember the DAL game last year? every RB got fed, and well

No matter what the Saints RBs have done after two games, I still can't get the fact out of my mind that Sean Payton has historically been murder on fantasy RBs and I still see him ruining this party. You never knew how he was going to use them and he likes to use several during a game. I think that alone tempers my expectations for any Saints RB.
I get that in games that don't look like obvious blowouts. remember the DAL game last year? every RB got fed, and well
I know I'm probably in the minority on this, but I despise Sean Payton as a fantasy owner for how he historically has used RBs. Unless I have no other options I'm looking elsewhere most of the time.

No matter what the Saints RBs have done after two games, I still can't get the fact out of my mind that Sean Payton has historically been murder on fantasy RBs and I still see him ruining this party. You never knew how he was going to use them and he likes to use several during a game. Hell, Cadet could be the spoiler, along with extensive use of Thomas. I think that alone tempers my expectations for any Saints RB.
I don't have the stats available to me right now, but I thought I read on these boards some where that every year Payton has coached the Saints they have had at least one running back in the top 20 for fantasy points. If I am remembering correctly how is that murder to fantasy value? If I am remembering wrong I apologize.

I don't have the stats available to me right now, but I thought I read on these boards some where that every year Payton has coached the Saints they have had at least one running back in the top 20 for fantasy points. If I am remembering correctly how is that murder to fantasy value? If I am remembering wrong I apologize.
Depends mightily on if you're looking at things from a PPR vs standard scoring perspective. In PPR Saints' RBs = giddyup -- in standard not so much.

Depends mightily on if you're looking at things from a PPR vs standard scoring perspective. In PPR Saints' RBs = giddyup -- in standard not so much.
True I was going PPR. Thanks for pointing that out

When you look back at the end of the season you almost always see at least one good option, but good luck picking which guy to start week to week.

It's kind of been murder on Saints fans. He's been too clever by half especially since he got back last year - the running game produces but then Payton abandons it at key times. Last week the Browns were getting pushed around at the end of the game. The call on third and short on the last drive of the 4th quarter with a real likelihood of putting the game away? Why it's a screen for -1 to the 3rd string tight end. Yep, Sean they didn't see that one comin'...

Saints | Khiry Robinson on the rise Published Thu Sep 18 11:12:25 a.m. PT 2014
(KFFL)New Orleans Saints RB Khiry Robinson's workload will increase after RB Mark Ingram's (hand) injury. "He's another back we feel like is young (but) is someone that'll be ready for the workload," said head coach Sean Payton.

It's kind of been murder on Saints fans. He's been too clever by half especially since he got back last year - the running game produces but then Payton abandons it at key times. Last week the Browns were getting pushed around at the end of the game. The call on third and short on the last drive of the 4th quarter with a real likelihood of putting the game away? Why it's a screen for -1 to the 3rd string tight end. Yep, Sean they didn't see that one comin'...
If you really want to question play calling you should try being a Bucs' fan.

If you really want to question play calling you should try being a Bucs' fan.
I think the bucs wanted hester to break that record more than he did!

Anyone rolling with Robinson this week? I like the matchup and my gut says robinson is good for alot of goaline opportunities but it's hard for me to trust sean peyton.

I am considering it in my PPR dynasty. 2 flex spots. Spiller, Benjamin, Hunter, Brown and Khiry. Need 2 and not sure what two yet, I am leaning towards Spiller and Benjamin but I am not confident

The Melvin Ingrim IR news made me falsely jump for joy as a Robinson owner.

But it brings up a concept worth more of my attention....if Khiry is good AND healthy, Mark Ingram has to be better and healthy. He can probably be better, but can he stay healthy? Probably not. We also might predict that NO doesn't want to burn Thomas out knowing his value as a tried veteran. Needless to say I am pretty happy I drafted both.

Here's hoping this guy has a great couple of games!

Rotoworld:

ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett still expects Khiry Robinson to be the Saints goal-line back Sunday.

Pierre Thomas scored on a 1-yard run last week but that was because the Saints went hurry-up with their nickel offense still on the field. In a standard situation in which the Saints huddle up, Robinson would be the one coming in to hammer home a goal-line chance. Although last week's production (69 total yards) was disappointing, the matchup against Dallas is even better this week. Owners shouldn't be shying away at all.

Related: Pierre Thomas

Source: ESPN.com

Khiry looks faster than I can recall from him. I haven't seen him much this season but my recollection of last season, he seems a lot faster. He looks fantastic.

Rotoworld:

Khiry Robinson rushed eight times for 87 yards in Sunday night's Week 4 loss to the Cowboys.

He added two catches for 18 yards. Robinson had just seven carries for 25 yards prior to breaking off a 62-yard run in the fourth quarter. He doesn't play on passing downs, but managed to put together a solid game with the Saints playing from behind the entire second half. Robinson is only in line for one more start with Mark Ingram set to return after the Saints' Week 6 bye. He's a sell-high candidate.

Sep 29 - 12:12 AM

Sell high? Back up rb on a team that looks like crap and has probably 10 viable offense options from week to week?

I thought he looked decent in limited chances. His numbers weren't very good until that long run but New Orleans looked like crap and they got so far behind that they really needed to pass which meant less plays for Robinson. He looked faster to the hole and more powerful rushing the football than Thomas or Cadet. Still, to hold any value New Orleans needs to be in the game and I would suspect when Ingram is healthy Robinson sees very few snaps.

Khiry looks faster than I can recall from him. I haven't seen him much this season but my recollection of last season, he seems a lot faster. He looks fantastic.
really? I thought he looked horrible tonight outside of that one run.
The entire Saints team looked horrible until the 4th qtr. By that time they were going 5 wide spread. When games are closer, and they will be cause you don't expect the Saints to get blown out that often, Khiry/Ingram will get the touches and goal line carries.

One more thing. We, including me, often look at the glass half empty. That he looked horrible except for that one play. Well he still made that play for a 62 yard gain. And it was the longest run by a RB for the Saints in 10 years. He racked up over 100 total yards in a week when the Saints were terribad on the road. Let's be thankful that Khiry is who he is. A good running back.

The entire Saints team looked horrible until the 4th qtr. By that time they were going 5 wide spread. When games are closer, and they will be cause you don't expect the Saints to get blown out that often, Khiry/Ingram will get the touches and goal line carries.

One more thing. We, including me, often look at the glass half empty. That he looked horrible except for that one play. Well he still made that play for a 62 yard gain. And it was the longest run by a RB for the Saints in 10 years. He racked up over 100 total yards in a week when the Saints were terribad on the road. Let's be thankful that Khiry is who he is. A good running back.
yeah not buying it. Part of the reason they looked horrible until the 4th quarter was they were always in 2nd and long or 3rd and long no thanks to mediocre running by khiry

yeah not buying it. Part of the reason they looked horrible until the 4th quarter was they were always in 2nd and long or 3rd and long no thanks to mediocre running by khiry
Khiry's 8 carries:

1st&10 - 4 yard run. next play incomplete pass to graham but defensive holding, 1st down

1st&10 - 5 yard run. next 2 plays, pass to cadet 2 yds, then cadet run for 1 yd, 4th down punt.

1st&10 - 3 yd run, next play 6 yd pass to colsten, then 3rd and short conversion by K.Johnson (who?)

1st&10 - 1 yd run, next play incomplete in flat to khiry, then Watson 7 yds forcing FG, missed.

1st&10 - no gain, next 2 plays incomplete then 8 yd pass, 4th down, 3&out.

1st&10 - 1 yd run, armstead concussed on the play, I remember this one, dallas D strung this way out wide nowhere to go. next play 1st down reception by colston.

3rd&1 - 11 yd run for 1st down after 8 straight passes, 2 plays later graham fumbles it away in the red zone.

1st&10 - 62 yard run, close to takin all the way in for TD. Next play TD pass to Hill.

Then doesn't touch the ball the remaining 14 minutes of the game. Sucks, but the game situation just screwed it all up for more touches after his best play.

Guess i'm not seeing such repeated 3rd and longs (all 2 of them) after khiry runs. People see what they want to see. I saw a ####ty offense that didn't do anything right. It's a shame to owners of any Saint RB cause this game situation just ruined about any and every opportunity for fantasy scores. Cadet has a few catches, and Khiry had 100 all purpose yards, but did anybody get a good play in a great matchup? Nope.

Khiry's 8 carries:

1st&10 - 4 yard run. next play incomplete pass to graham but defensive holding, 1st down

1st&10 - 5 yard run. next 2 plays, pass to cadet 2 yds, then cadet run for 1 yd, 4th down punt.

1st&10 - 3 yd run, next play 6 yd pass to colsten, then 3rd and short conversion by K.Johnson (who?)

1st&10 - 1 yd run, next play incomplete in flat to khiry, then Watson 7 yds forcing FG, missed.

1st&10 - 1 yd run, armstead concussed on the play, I remember this one, dallas D strung this way out wide nowhere to go. next play 1st down reception by colston.

3rd&1 - 11 yd run for 1st down after 8 straight passes, 2 plays later graham fumbles it away in the red zone.

1st&10 - 62 yard run, close to takin all the way in for TD. Next play TD pass to Hill.

Then doesn't touch the ball the remaining 14 minutes of the game. Sucks, but the game situation just screwed it all up for more touches after his best play.

Guess i'm not seeing such repeated 3rd and longs (all 2 of them) after khiry runs. People see what they want to see. I saw a ####ty offense that didn't do anything right. It's a shame to owners of any Saint RB cause this game situation just ruined about any and every opportunity for fantasy scores. Cadet has a few catches, and Khiry had 100 all purpose yards, but did anybody get a good play in a great matchup? Nope.
Huh? You listed 4 STRAIGHT carries in which they were 2nd and long which is what I said

Khiry's 8 carries:

Huh? You listed 4 STRAIGHT carries in which they were 2nd and long which is what I said
So of his 8 runs, 3 resulted in 2nd and long, one in 2nd and 7. And you characterize this as " always in 2nd and long or 3rd and long no thanks to mediocre running by khiry"?

the problem is that I probably can't count on a once in a decade run next week, but a saints rb gets 8 carries considerably more frequently.

Just watched all of his plays last night and he looked very good. He had nowhere to go on the three runs where he gained 1 yard or less.

The sample size is way too small to say he always left then in 2nd in longs. 3 or 4 out of 8 times in a game where your entire team looks like crap.

I think we need to realize the hard truth about the Saints running backs , even if one of then goes down they are still tough to trust and even more maddening to own.

I just don't see this happening. Wishing I was a Khiry owner right now.

Really?? Why?? I'm a khiry owner. I've started him every game since ingram has been shelved and I can honestly say I'm not impressed so far. While he hasn't been a lineup KILLER, his production has been the epitome of mediocrity.

I hope that changes today vs tb. I certainly could use it.

Really?? Why?? I'm a khiry owner. I've started him every game since ingram has been shelved and I can honestly say I'm not impressed so far. While he hasn't been a lineup KILLER, his production has been the epitome of mediocrity.

I hope that changes today vs tb. I certainly could use it.
I had to put Khiry in my lineup last week, but I agree: mediocrity. For reference: Today, I am starting Sankey ahead of Robinson without hesitation.

I would love to see Khiry Robinson step up, but I just don't see it. Moreover, the window on Khiry is about to close. Ingram is expected back after next week's bye. Except in deep leagues, Robinson may be considered droppable if he doesn't wow this week, depending on your waiver wire options.

I had to put Khiry in my lineup last week, but I agree: mediocrity. For reference: Today, I am starting Sankey ahead of Robinson without hesitation.

I would love to see Khiry Robinson step up, but I just don't see it. Moreover, the window on Khiry is about to close. Ingram is expected back after next week's bye. Except in deep leagues, Robinson may be considered droppable if he doesn't wow this week, depending on your waiver wire options.
He's averaging 6.5 YPC the past two games with Ingram out.

He's averaging 6.5 YPC the past two games with Ingram out.
That's a deceptive number and I am pretty sure you know that.

I would never suggest taking out his longest run when it relates to his fantasy production so I'll break it down a little differently. He hit 3.8 ypc on 16 carries in week 3 and averaged 3.6 ypc on his next 7 carries in week four before finally averaging 62 yards per carry on his final carry.

One of those numbers seems a touch unsustainable.

Users who are viewing this thread