What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2011 Philadelphia Eagles Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Can't comment on the second day's picks, as I haven't talked to him yet about them. However, it is my understanding that Watkins was 100% Mudd's choice (there are a lot of differing opinions out there, but don't let them fool you). Of the O-linemen left, Andy gave Mudd the choice and he choose Watkins. Apparently he impressed the hell out of them at the Senior Bowl.
If this is true, and I believe you, I can get behind the pick 100%. Its important to support your new coaching staff. Mudd has an amazing track record and we have no reason to doubt him.

The eagles do no know how to draft. Look back over the years going back to 2000. They've had one good draft overall, I think it was 2008. Other than that, a couple good picks here and there. I don't mind the Watkins pick but the corner from temple would have been available today for the taking.

The eagles do no know how to draft. Look back over the years going back to 2000. They've had one good draft overall, I think it was 2008. Other than that, a couple good picks here and there. I don't mind the Watkins pick but the corner from temple would have been available today for the taking.
So we win 10 games a season and division titles galore on smoke and mirrors? :lmao:

So we win 10 games a season and division titles galore on smoke and mirrors? :lmao:
The Eagles are averaging 9 wins a season since '05 with a steep decline in post-season success over that same period. The division titles are nice. But the bar is set higher. They haven't won a home playoff game since '06 and have only one other season with a playoff win since the Super Bowl loss.Let's not pretend they have been among the NFL elite the past 6 years. I don't care how many wins they have in the regular season, its all about the post season (or should be).

WEAKNESSESLacks size and strength for the NFL. May have a more difficult time taking on bigger blockers at the next level. Has good range but not a true sideline-to-sideline guy. Not a good matchup against speedy running backs and tight ends in man coverage. Doesn't bring top explosiveness or power as a pass rusher.

If his name is Casey Matthewson he's still availible and no one likes this pick.....he's another undersized LBer.....

Love the kicker pick though, probably my favorite pick of the draft so far.

If his name is Casey Matthewson he's still availible and no one likes this pick.....he's another undersized LBer.....Love the kicker pick though, probably my favorite pick of the draft so far.
Please explain why? Is he a legit talent at both K and P...cause that's the only reason I can think of to make it make sense?

If his name is Casey Matthewson he's still availible and no one likes this pick.....he's another undersized LBer.....Love the kicker pick though, probably my favorite pick of the draft so far.
Please explain why? Is he a legit talent at both K and P...cause that's the only reason I can think of to make it make sense?
The front office that put together the SB team is not the same FO running this Eagles team...nor has it been.

Unless Akers is gone or on his way out or didn't like the transition tag, or if the tag won't stick - I don't know if I get this pick at all.

Fyi

Henery missed just 2 kicks inside the 50 yard line in his entire career at Nebraska, and just 1 from inside the 40.  This was at Nebraska, mind you, which isn't exactly the same at kicking in the Superdome.   And he's not just an accurate kicker - He has an enormous leg, as he drilled 7 kicks of over 50 yards.  But is he clutch, you might ask?  He sure is.  In the National Title Game in 2009, he nailed a 52 yarder that gave Nebraska the lead over the Texas Longhorns with under 2 minutes to go.  And oh by the way, he punts too.  The Eagles grab by far and away the best kicker in this class, and get themselves a stellar player for the next decade.

FyiHenery missed just 2 kicks inside the 50 yard line in his entire career at Nebraska, and just 1 from inside the 40.  This was at Nebraska, mind you, which isn't exactly the same at kicking in the Superdome.   And he's not just an accurate kicker - He has an enormous leg, as he drilled 7 kicks of over 50 yards.  But is he clutch, you might ask?  He sure is.  In the National Title Game in 2009, he nailed a 52 yarder that gave Nebraska the lead over the Texas Longhorns with under 2 minutes to go.  And oh by the way, he punts too.  The Eagles grab by far and away the best kicker in this class, and get themselves a stellar player for the next decade.
All well and good, and obviously not a bad target, but to justify a 4th he almost has to ALSO punt at an NFL level, doesn't he? CAN HE??????If he can (even if only average), it might be a great pick opening another roster spot. If he can't, then who cares if he can punt...most kickers can punt in a pinch.

I guess if the eagles sign nnamdi, I don't see as many holes in the roster as most people.. A good kicker is a must esp if akers is gone

I thought it was common knowledge that Akers was out of here. Eagles made no move to extend his deal during the season, and then Reid dumped a heap of the blame in Akers' lap following the playoff loss. A very un-Reid thing to do, and especially ugly after we learned that Akers may have been distracted by his daughter's pending cancer diagnosis. Yeah, he's pretty much gone.

FyiHenery missed just 2 kicks inside the 50 yard line in his entire career at Nebraska, and just 1 from inside the 40.  This was at Nebraska, mind you, which isn't exactly the same at kicking in the Superdome.   And he's not just an accurate kicker - He has an enormous leg, as he drilled 7 kicks of over 50 yards.  But is he clutch, you might ask?  He sure is.  In the National Title Game in 2009, he nailed a 52 yarder that gave Nebraska the lead over the Texas Longhorns with under 2 minutes to go.  And oh by the way, he punts too.  The Eagles grab by far and away the best kicker in this class, and get themselves a stellar player for the next decade.
All well and good, and obviously not a bad target, but to justify a 4th he almost has to ALSO punt at an NFL level, doesn't he? CAN HE??????If he can (even if only average), it might be a great pick opening another roster spot. If he can't, then who cares if he can punt...most kickers can punt in a pinch.
Yes he can. Maybe the plan is to have him as the punter and move on to him as PK and punter (both) for 2012. I think Akers will be back this year, but hard to know now.Love to hear from DH on this one.

I thought it was common knowledge that Akers was out of here. Eagles made no move to extend his deal during the season, and then Reid dumped a heap of the blame in Akers' lap following the playoff loss. A very un-Reid thing to do, and especially ugly after we learned that Akers may have been distracted by his daughter's pending cancer diagnosis. Yeah, he's pretty much gone.
If that was true, odd that they would have put a transition tag on him.

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Akers is gone. This kid missed one FG last season and it was blocked. He has a huge leg too which should help the special teams on kick-offs. With the rule change this season he could lead the league in touch backs.

The transition tag is nothing. If any teams wants him (and they will) all they have to do is put a "poison pill" in the deal and he's gone. The Eagles put that tag on him to be #####

The transition tag is nothing. If any teams wants him (and they will) all they have to do is put a "poison pill" in the deal and he's gone. The Eagles put that tag on him to be #####
I disagree.

Yes he can. Maybe the plan is to have him as the punter and move on to him as PK and punter (both) for 2012. I think Akers will be back this year, but hard to know now.Love to hear from DH on this one.
This makes mefeela bit better about the pick.I also didn't realize Akers being gone was a foregone conclusion to many. Still feels early, but what do I know! :)

This draft = fail

AARP canidate for the first round.

4th rounder taken in the 2nd

former rb converted cb project taken in the 3rd ( the yearly 3rd round bust )

another undersize high motor LB taken in the 4th ( hi ST player )

A KICKER in the 4th

Love the watkins pick, love mathews and henery. Dont know much about the other two. Solid draft, just nothing too flashy this year.

This draft = fail AARP canidate for the first round.4th rounder taken in the 2ndformer rb converted cb project taken in the 3rd ( the yearly 3rd round bust )another undersize high motor LB taken in the 4th ( hi ST player ) A KICKER in the 4th
Are the phones at WIP busy?

This draft = fail AARP canidate for the first round.4th rounder taken in the 2ndformer rb converted cb project taken in the 3rd ( the yearly 3rd round bust )another undersize high motor LB taken in the 4th ( hi ST player ) A KICKER in the 4th
Are the phones at WIP busy?
Never called the show. Don't listen to the show. Thats just my feeling on all these picks. I am not alone in that either. Great pick with Lewis though. A+ on that one

Juan Castillo is destined to fail with what they are giving him to work with on defense

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread