What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY pays over 200k to normalize for kids only conservative drag queen attire and nothing else. (1 Viewer)

Are we trying to end the population of our planet by turning everyone gender neutral? I don't get it.

There's a difference between teaching children to love and accept all types of people and teaching children that being gender neutral is normal.

I've been trying to get reservations for a Drag Queen brunch last few months --should be fun.  You guys should un-bunch your panties 😀

Besides, its NY --what do you really care?

I've been trying to get reservations for a Drag Queen brunch last few months --should be fun.  You guys should un-bunch your panties 😀

Besides, its NY --what do you really care?

Vegas bro, saw a good show there.  School?  Not sure that is good use of 200K

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been going on since 2018 and someone just noticed?  

Actually 2017 and these poor kiddies may never recover from the trauma of seeing “The Rainbow Fish” read to them by a cross-dressed performer during The Drag Queen Story Hour:coffee:

Are we trying to end the population of our planet by turning everyone gender neutral? I don't get it.

There's a difference between teaching children to love and accept all types of people and teaching children that being gender neutral is normal.
This is not and never will be normal.

The fact that the lgbtq population is damn near doubling every 10 years is showing us that this behavior is becoming learned and that's how they do it - by grooming kids.

This should be an anomaly of nature, not standard practice.

Actually 2017 and these poor kiddies may never recover from the trauma of seeing “The Rainbow Fish” read to them by a cross-dressed performer during The Drag Queen Story Hour:coffee:
What is the difference between the creepy uncle and these clowns?  I’m not sure how made it 58 years without having a Queen read to me.  

This has been going on since 2018 and someone just noticed?  
Maybe I read wrong - I thought at that time there were programs at the public libraries in NYC.  The being in the school part is the new thing, and I would guess also not getting parents permission or letting them opt out. 

Maybe I read wrong - I thought at that time there were programs at the public libraries in NYC.  The being in the school part is the new thing, and I would guess also not getting parents permission or letting them opt out. 
I was about to say this.  When did this become something that was happening in public schools?  

I was about to say this.  When did this become something that was happening in public schools?  
Again, I could have misread but I took it as being a new thing for the schools.  They talk about the public library and other places and give the number of schools they have been to since January.  

It mentioned two different years in the article. 

“Since 2018, the group — previously known as Drag Queen Story Hour NYC, before changing its name early this year — has received a total of $207,000 in taxpayer cash.”

“Drag queen story hours for children have been featured at public library branches throughout the city since 2017, with upcoming events scheduled at Manhattan’s Epiphany Library and the Woodside Public Library in Queens, among others.”

The way the headline read over $200K spent at schools, that lined up with the 2018 start. The article could be misleading though. 

Sound fabulous.   None of you have heard of Reading Rainbow??  :confetti: 
Did you know that Marv Albert is first in the list of guest readers for Reading Rainbow on Wikipedia? Marv of the garter belt and white panties fame.

Please don't legislate this. Common sense, parental involvement, and local norms are the way. I wouldn't have objected to this program, but i can see why others might. School is a "grooming" experience for life, including careers, drug use, etc. 

Republicans found a winner with parents in “critical race theory” taught in schools. “Grooming” is completely next level stuff.

I think this completely neutralizes the guns issue.

The campaign ads should be great.

Republicans found a winner with parents in “critical race theory” taught in schools. “Grooming” is completely next level stuff.

I think this completely neutralizes the guns issue.

The campaign ads should be great.
This is a Fox News...."SQUIRRELL!!"  Let's focus on any drag queens bringing guns into classrooms first.

@El Floppo

They come to your kids school this year?

They haven't been at Lab School for Collaborative Studies middle school the past three years, but I def remember them doing programs at PS 3 The Charette School (K-5.)

We have tons of drag queens at the apartment complex she and her mom live at so kind of NBD for us. 

We have a good friend who is LBGTQ2+ and my daughter has probably gone to the Pride Parade 8-10 times.

She's still cishet despite our best efforts to groom her. Starting to think this queer thing might not be an infectious disease.

PSA: teaching your children to be compassion and acceptance will not corrupt the Judeo-Christian values you demonstrate as you raise them up. YMMV

Anyway....off to church, y'all have a blessed day. 

Lol at getting collective panties bunched from a NY Post article. But I guess that's their MO.

Grooming? Lol.

Jfc... @BobbyLayne is this the PF? Wtf would you drag me into this cesspool. And no...no drag queens at PS 11. Afaik, still no outside people allowed. We did have James Cordon stop by in my son's 5th grade year to see their Rosie's theater performance ...two people that I guess are grooming kids into monsters against our wills.

Why would anybody spend public funds on stuff like this and think they win an election against anybody?

It's like some people on the left are intentionally trying to get Trump reelected.
I never once voted for President based on what some school board in a state a 1000 miles away does.

I never once voted for President based on what some school board in a state a 1000 miles away does.
It's not just this one thing, but this one thing is a nice example of why "education" is suddenly a winning issue for Republicans.  It's this, "CRT," all the pandemic-related school closures in blue states, and so on.  

They had something similar here at public libraries. My wife was working in communications for the library at the time. The amount of nasty #### she heard from parents prior to it happening was disturbing. Then the events happened, kids had a good time, and it was a big old nothing, and nobody has complained after the fact that this 20 minute show turned their 6 year old gay

They had something similar here at public libraries. My wife was working in communications for the library at the time. The amount of nasty #### she heard from parents prior to it happening was disturbing. Then the events happened, kids had a good time, and it was a big old nothing, and nobody has complained after the fact that this 20 minute show turned their 6 year old gay
This seems like a pretty reasonable thing for parents to have extremely negative opinions about.  This is genuinely kind of messed up.

For context, I'm not a prude.  My approach to parenting would have been described by most people as at least moderately permissive.  I strongly support sex ed in schools, and I'm fine with schools providing contraception.  Totally fine with PG-13 reading material in middle school libraries.  Inviting drag queens into schools and putting them in front of little kids is way over the line, to the extent that you can't even see the line from there.  It's not a close call IMO.  

Objectively speaking, what is inherently wrong with a man to dressing as a woman (because that's all we're talking about here)? It's different. It may seem weird. But what's wrong with it?

Just imagine this policy being implemented.
I gave this a like because I appreciate your acknowledgement that lots of people who work in K-12 education support this kind of thing.  That's why it's important for normal people to get elected to school boards, and why it's time for state legislatures and governors to exercise their oversight responsibilities.

I gave this a like because I appreciate your acknowledgement that lots of people who work in K-12 education support this kind of thing.  That's why it's important for normal people to get elected to school boards, and why it's time for state legislatures and governors to exercise their oversight responsibilities.
Normal people can be OK with drag queens reading to children. They just view things differently than you.

Users who are viewing this thread