What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jordan Addison, MIN (1 Viewer)

I would be as well. Everyone talks about JSN and Boutte for next years class of WR’s, but this kid has a shot to be right up there with them. 
Yeah, he was amazing last year with Pickett. There’s 3 million reasons why Addison is perhaps going to transfer, but Kenny moving on - and the potential impact to his draft stock - is probably also part of the equation. Not sure it’s possible to do so, but supposedly  Pitt alum Aaron Donald is trying to work with the folks at Pitt to entice Addison to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:
JORDAN ADDISON WR, PITTSBURGH PANTHERS

USC has added 15 players from the transfer portal.

This even before we get an official decision from star Pitt WR Jordan Addison, who recently entered the transfer portal amid several national reports that he was being delivered to USC via a massive NIL deal. USC HC Lincoln Riley, who said he was "open for business" in the transfer portal when he took the Trojans job in December, has stepped on feet with his aggressive new approach. Pitt officials believe tampering may have occurred in Addison's recruitment. Others are unclear about guidelines, or stunned by the lack of them. "It's NFL free agency without any rules," one Power 5 coach told ESPN. "It's nuts."

SOURCE: ESPN

May 3, 2022, 4:28 PM ET

JORDAN ADDISON WR, PITTSBURGH PANTHERS

USC has added 15 players from the transfer portal.

This even before we get an official decision from star Pitt WR Jordan Addison, who recently entered the transfer portal amid several national reports that he was being delivered to USC via a massive NIL deal. USC HC Lincoln Riley, who said he was "open for business" in the transfer portal when he took the Trojans job in December, has stepped on feet with his aggressive new approach. Pitt officials believe tampering may have occurred in Addison's recruitment. Others are unclear about guidelines, or stunned by the lack of them. "It's NFL free agency without any rules," one Power 5 coach told ESPN. "It's nuts."

SOURCE: ESPN

May 3, 2022, 4:28 PM ET
Interesting.  USC could be in trouble for tampering.  Transferring is now the norm.  Everyone is game.

The Athletic's Bruce Feldman reports that Alabama could be a player in the Pitt junior WR Jordan Addison sweepstakes.

With Addison (6'0/175) entering the transfer portal just under the wire before the May 1 deadline, his courtship has become the biggest storyline in college football and led to much consternation about how NIL money is influencing the transfer portal. Feldman reports that while USC has made plenty of waves regarding an alleged $3 million NIL offer to transfer there, Addison has been working out in southern California with Alabama QB Bryce Young. Accordingly, he insinuates that the Crimson Tide could also be a player for the reigning Biletnikoff Award winner's pledge. Expect more rumor and innuendo to emerge until Addison makes his decision.

SOURCE: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

May 4, 2022, 12:33 PM ET

Got Addison in one devy draft, but wanted Worthy.  Jaxon Smith.Njiba is going first among college wrs.  Got Worthy in two.

An explanation On Addison’s decision to transfer:

USC junior WR Jordan Addison told ESPN's Paolo Uggetti that various Pittsburgh coaching changes led him down the path to transfer. 

Addison (6'0"/175) said the decision was overall a gut move but coaching changes first got him thinking. Pittsburgh lost their offensive coordinator Frank Whipple and their wide receivers coach Brennan Marion in a fairly close timeframe, and Addison said he then began to look for a great coach and good football opportunity. Addison said a major draw for him was USC HC Lincoln Riley showing how Addison could be involved in more explosive plays that would hopefully take his game to another level. 

SOURCE: Paolo Uggetti on ESPN

May 28, 2022, 8:10 PM ET

USC junior WR Jordan Addison caught five passes for 54 yards and two touchdowns in his USC debut, a 66-14 win over Rice.​

The defending Biletnikoff Award Winner, Addison (6'0/175) caught the first touchdown of the game on an easy five-yard bounce route to the front pylon and the Trojans cruised from there in an opening day tune-up against an inferior opponent. Still, it's nice to get confirmation of the obvious that Addison will be heavily targeted in the gold zone, as both of his TD receptions were within five yards. He ranked fourth in the nation in yards last year while lining up in the slot 68% of the time at Pitt. Addison is generally considered the third-best wideout from the 2023 eligible NFL Draft class behind Jaxson Smith-Njigba and Kayshon Boutte.
Sep 4, 2022, 12:28 AM ET

USC junior WR Jordan Addison caught seven passes for 172 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 41-28 win over Stanford.​

It was an utterly dominant display by USC's offense, as the Trojans went for over 500 yards on the evening. Addison led all receivers in this one, catching touchdowns from 22 and 75 yards out in the first quarter. On Addison's 75-yard score, quarterback Caleb Williams found him in single coverage and gave him a chance to make a play on a deep ball downfield. Addison would catch the ball in stride and break a tackle on his way to pay dirt, and went on to add several more receptions throughout the day. After leading the nation in receiving touchdowns (17) last season, Addison has scored four times through two games and has 226 yards on the young season. He and the Trojans host Fresno State next Saturday.
Sep 10, 2022, 11:42 PM ET

Kid’s running away with top WR1 status with JSN hurt early.

Still a lot of season & Boutte might have something to say about it, but Addison looks really good.

Still a lot of season & Boutte might have something to say about it, but Addison looks really good.
That makes me feel like this 2023 WR class may not be as strong as I initially thought. When the top guy weighs 175 I get nervous.

Caleb Williams certainly helps. Caleb looks like the best QB in college every time I see him.

2023 NFL Draft: Buying or Selling Latest Buzz, Rumors on Top Prospects

Excerpt:

Jordan Addison Isn't a WR1

1. Ohio State product Jaxon Smith-Njigba is a strong WR1 candidate, but USC's Jordan Addison likely won't be far behind.

Addison isn't unanimously beloved, though.

"I'm just not sure he's a guy who can produce outside the scheme," a scout told ESPN's Matt Miller. "He had this huge year with a great college quarterback [Pitt's Kenny Pickett] and then goes to play under Lincoln Riley with Caleb Williams and has average numbers. He's never proven himself as the guy to me."

Without question, Addison didn't have as prolific of a season as anticipated during his year at USC. However, his lowest stat lines generally came in blowout wins, and he missed three games with injuries, too.

After watching him slice through defenses with 100 catches for 1,593 yards and 17 touchdowns in a less-friendly system at Pitt in 2021, Addison should be capable of being a featured target as a pro.

Verdict: Selling

Peter Bukowski @Peter_Bukowski
The thing about Jordan Addison is if I just told you a 20-year-old 6'0 USC Receiver with elite production and ball skills was available to Green Bay, we would all agree he's a Packers type all day.

If he shows up 185 at the combine, that's probably fine.

Peter Bukowski @Peter_Bukowski
Problem is Addison probably 5'11 180 at best and that's suddenly an issue for the Packers.

They bent the rules for Amari Rodgers and Randall Cobb, but those guys were 190+. Gutey mentioned Rodgers' density as a thing.

Despite his size, he arguably made Pickett a 1st round pick.

IMO landing spot will have a lot to do with it, but he’s quick, twitchy, and can get open seemingly at will - which will allow him to be very productive in the right situation.

Chiefs would be ideal.

Jared Tokarz @JaredNFLDraft
#USC WR Jordan Addison is a master at creating separation.

6’0 175 lbs - one of the elite route runners in this class. He will be open early and often in the NFL.

Runs a beautiful whip route here:

Important to note his 40 time won’t blow you out of the water (4.51) but his ability to create separation is what makes him so special.

Good fits:
#Texans pick 12
#Patriots pick 14
#Packers pick 15

Got the corner totally flipped the other way here 😩

Anthony Rivardo @Anthony_Rivardo
Mel Kiper had the #Giants selecting USC WR Jordan Addison in his latest mock draft.

Addison would be a home-run selection for Big Blue.

Here’s why: (THREAD) ⬇️

Things to know:

Jordan Addison:
- 2021 Biletnikoff Award winner
- 6-feet, 175 pounds
- suffered an ankle injury in 2022, but will be “100% healthy” by the draft

Addison can play on the outside and in the slot. Via PFF:

“Over his three-year career, he's played 1,102 snaps in the slot and 757 snaps out wide, recording over 1,200 receiving yards at both positions.”

Career stats:

- 2020 (Pitt): 60rec, 666yds, 4 TDs

- 2021 (Pitt): 100rec, 1593yds, 17 TDs

- 2022 (USC): 59rec, 875yds, 8 TDs

Jordan Addison is “as NFL-ready as it gets” and a true No.1 receiver.

- dropped just two of his 62 catchable targets in 2022

He’s an elite route-runner with explosive YAC-ability. He makes too much sense for the Giants and would be a perfect pick in the first round.
Biggest strengths and weaknesses (TDN):

Strengths:
- separation consistently at all levels
- crafty release package
- proven weapon, terrific body control & spatial awareness

Weaknesses:
- lack of top-shelf speed
- physicality (only 175 pounds)
- had some drops at Pitt

Anthony Rivardo @Anthony_Rivardo
Mel Kiper had the #Giants selecting USC WR Jordan Addison in his latest mock draft.

Addison would be a home-run selection for Big Blue.

Here’s why: (THREAD) ⬇️

Things to know:

Jordan Addison:
- 2021 Biletnikoff Award winner
- 6-feet, 175 pounds
- suffered an ankle injury in 2022, but will be “100% healthy” by the draft

Addison can play on the outside and in the slot. Via PFF:

“Over his three-year career, he's played 1,102 snaps in the slot and 757 snaps out wide, recording over 1,200 receiving yards at both positions.”

Career stats:

- 2020 (Pitt): 60rec, 666yds, 4 TDs

- 2021 (Pitt): 100rec, 1593yds, 17 TDs

- 2022 (USC): 59rec, 875yds, 8 TDs

Jordan Addison is “as NFL-ready as it gets” and a true No.1 receiver.

- dropped just two of his 62 catchable targets in 2022

He’s an elite route-runner with explosive YAC-ability. He makes too much sense for the Giants and would be a perfect pick in the first round.
Biggest strengths and weaknesses (TDN):

Strengths:
- separation consistently at all levels
- crafty release package
- proven weapon, terrific body control & spatial awareness

Weaknesses:
- lack of top-shelf speed
- physicality (only 175 pounds)
- had some drops at Pitt
The kid can fly, and runs great routes. Has vision and an uncanny knack for getting open. Fakes out defenders with quick twitches. I’d love to have him.

This guy was so awesome at Pitt. Got to watch him every game when my son was at Pitt at the time. He would be in the NFL already if he was draft eligible. Definitely didn’t have as good a year after the transfer to USC, but he seems to have the goods.

The kid can fly, and runs great routes. Has vision and an uncanny knack for getting open. Fakes out defenders with quick twitches. I’d love to have him.
Big fan of him, thinking he will end up my WR1 in the class.
The more video I see, the more I like about him. He never gives away his routes, and often psyches the defender with double moves, or looking left then cutting right. It’s all very subtle but you clearly see the space he creates by doing it.

I’m a big JSN fan, but I’m inclined to agree that Addison is the WR1 of the ‘23 class.

The more video I see, the more I like about him. He never gives away his routes, and often psyches the defender with double moves, or looking left then cutting right. It’s all very subtle but you clearly see the space he creates by doing it.

I’m a big JSN fan, but I’m inclined to agree that Addison is the WR1 of the ‘23 class.
Ditto. JSN and him are close enough that combine and the draft spot will be the ultimate separator but I have 1.02 in a dynasty league and it's likely going to be one of those guys.

This guy was so awesome at Pitt. Got to watch him every game when my son was at Pitt at the time. He would be in the NFL already if he was draft eligible. Definitely didn’t have as good a year after the transfer to USC, but he seems to have the goods.
I think there is a narrative that Addison was disappointing at USC. Don't forget he hurt hiaankle mid year and missed 3 games and in his first game back from injury, he only played a few snaps in that Colorado game. If you look at his season long pace minus that chunk, it would have projected to 81/1200/11/ While it's certainly a step down from his insane Pitt season but it doesn't look quite so jarring IMO with that context.

Note: he missed 2 games mid year and was very limited in his return against Colorado. Then he missed the bowl game as he was still rehabbing his ankle.

Last edited:
HT: 5-11 (21st percentile)
WT: 173 (3rd percentile)
Arm: 30 7/8" (20th percentile)
Hands: 8 3/4" (9th percentile)

#2 WR. Some think he’s #1. He’s certainly better than Quintin Johnston IMO. I personally like Boutte and think people are forgetting about him.

Users who are viewing this thread