What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jordan Addison, MIN (1 Viewer)

Addison will be fine...he played a majority of the season without Cousins anyway...
I mean.... if Darnold is this years Baker I could see it. I just don't think Darnold will be that. I still think best hope is they take a QB at 11, let him sit for a year behind Darnold. Maybe get him some work in the end of the year when they are toast, and come out swinging in 2025.
I agree and I'm not saying Darnold is any good but Addison played well with Dobbs and Mullens so it wasn't like he had stellar QB play during his rookie season after Cousins went down.

The other piece is that K.J. Osborn and his 821 Snaps and 75 targets is a Free Agent, I think Addison will be about what he did last year, don't forget Hockenson may be a long way off being 100% to start the season, JJ will get the coverage and that all that could leave Addison a sneaky good value this year...

Addison will be fine...he played a majority of the season without Cousins anyway...
I mean.... if Darnold is this years Baker I could see it. I just don't think Darnold will be that. I still think best hope is they take a QB at 11, let him sit for a year behind Darnold. Maybe get him some work in the end of the year when they are toast, and come out swinging in 2025.
I agree and I'm not saying Darnold is any good but Addison played well with Dobbs and Mullens so it wasn't like he had stellar QB play during his rookie season after Cousins went down.
He's definitely capable of succeeding. Just would have felt a lot better if Cousins came back. Maybe they're going to go look at Fields or draft a talented QB.

The other piece is that K.J. Osborn and his 821 Snaps and 75 targets is a Free Agent, I think Addison will be about what he did last year, don't forget Hockenson may be a long way off being 100% to start the season, JJ will get the coverage and that all that could leave Addison a sneaky good value this year...
That's a great point. I completely forgot about Hocks injury. There should be enough work for Addison to actually get a bump even if they aren't as pass heavy post Kirk considering the full situation. Good call.

But wasn't some of Addison's value due to JJ being out too? So, when Cousins was not there, JJ was out part too.

Weeks 9-13 Dobbs at QB, JJ out, Addison was 20 rec / 33 Targets for 231 yards ... 0 TD (ZERO of the Dobbs 7 TD's )
That was WR43 during that time as opposed to WR16 for weeks 1-9.

I am sorry, I don't see Darnold as anything but disaster to the entire Minn Passing Game. JJ might still be Top 24, but Addison will crash to non-startable IMO.
Addison & TJ Hock will struggle unless the OC makes serious adjustments, but AJones will see more targets further hurting them both.

Maybe this was more on Dobbs?

But wasn't some of Addison's value due to JJ being out too? So, when Cousins was not there, JJ was out part too.

Weeks 9-13 Dobbs at QB, JJ out, Addison was 20 rec / 33 Targets for 231 yards ... 0 TD (ZERO of the Dobbs 7 TD's )

I am sorry, I don't see Darnold as anything but disaster to the entire Minn Passing Game. JJ might still be Top 24, but Addison will crash to non-startable IMO.
Addison & TJ Hock will struggle unless the OC makes serious adjustments, but AJones will see more targets further hurting them both.

I don't see Darnold as any worse than Dobbs and Mullens (probably a step or two better actually) and JJ will be there. Dobbs was really bad unless he was off script...

I don't see Darnold as any worse than Dobbs and Mullens (probably a step or two better actually) and JJ will be there. Dobbs was really bad unless he was off script...
You're probably right about that.

Users who are viewing this thread