What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president? (1 Viewer)

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?

• Approve

Votes: 76 49.0%
  • Disapprove

Votes: 79 51.0%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We've done these over the years in this exact format.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?  

He’s doing about what I thought. I was mainly interested in re-staffing important positions with actual, serious professionals instead of A.) Nobody B.) Unqualified sycophants from TV who got hired for complimenting him, or C.) People who were hired to actively undermine the departments for which they were put in charge.

People can poke fun at his age and his stammering and his speeches all they want, but like I mentioned elsewhere - I’m sure glad we have competent professionals in charge of the Ukraine response, including coalition building, instead of his family members and the Pillow Guy. 

things couldn't have been predicted this bad - Afghanistan debacle, record covid deaths, record illegals and drugs at southern border, record gas prices, record inflation, Russia in Ukraine, North Korea prepping for nuclear testing, trillions added to national debt, no accountability for the trillion covid spending that was passed .... nobody forecasted this and can still say Joe is doing well 

I voted "disapprove" because this administration has been mostly embarrassing so far.  But Biden handled Ukraine very well and he deserves credit for that.  I'm hoping that this might be a turnaround opportunity for Biden, where he can use this success as something to build from, having learned from the mistakes of his first year.  

Approve.   

• We are out of Afghanistan, even though it didn't go well, I believe it would have been bad under anyones watch.  He took the political hit knowingly and did it anyway
  • Infrastucture deal done
  • Handling of Ukraine has gone quite well 
  • Repaired relationships with our allies  
  • Stock market still robust

Disapprove but largely because I’m embarrassed and frustrated that these candidates are the best our country can come up with for running it.  

For Biden specifically it’s tough because my expectations were so low. Inflation and COVID I rank as a no decision as neither are his fault and solutions are near impossible.  Border is a mark against. Afghanistan is another no decision as I’m super glad we’re out but the way we got out was sloppy.  Ukraine has been handled as well as can be so far and obviously the biggest win in his ledger so far.  

Disapprove but largely because I’m embarrassed and frustrated that these candidates are the best our country can come up with for running it.  

For Biden specifically it’s tough because my expectations were so low. Inflation and COVID I rank as a no decision as neither are his fault and solutions are near impossible.  Border is a mark against. Afghanistan is another no decision as I’m super glad we’re out but the way we got out was sloppy.  Ukraine has been handled as well as can be so far and obviously the biggest win in his ledger so far.  
This is basically me though I null voted.  In this black/white soundbyte world, I'm seeing a bunch of gray.  I'll throw infrastructure deal in the "pro" column. 

This is basically me though I null voted.  In this black/white soundbyte world, I'm seeing a bunch of gray.  I'll throw infrastructure deal in the "pro" column. 
If n/a was an option it would have been my vote too.  Went disapproved as a vote for the overall state of politics today.  

48% of this forum approves :lmao:

Come on people, be better
He is handling the biggest test of the past year very well.  Nothing comes close to the Ukraine/Russia war.   Some things could have gone better, but he is doing a decent job.  It really is unbelievable how quickly he ahs repaired the relationship with the allies, after the previous 4 years.

He's been average.

Some pretty big ticket items have occured in the past 1.5 years and his administration's response has been a mixed bag: coming out of a global pandemic, removing ourselves from a 2 decade occupation of a country, nuclear power invading a country and challenging NATO,  a trillion in Infrastructure passed through Congress.

Approve but not thrilled. Infrastructure deal, handling of Covid, his handling of Ukraine, repairing our relationship with our allies, releasing 1 million barrels a day and threatening to fine oil companies who are sitting on leases for oil wells they aren’t drilling(sound like a good plan). Shows oil companies are very happy where oil prices are these days and could care less about folks who can’t afford these high gas prices. 

Disapprove handling  problems at the border. I would rather hold off on most parts of build back better for time being. Neutral on Afghanistan……partially blame previous guy for withdrawing down too many troops before civilians were evacuated.

Certainly far better than previous dude

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted disapprove because of what I see as a lack of a leadership presence.   He just doesn't have it.   There are others, but that one is really bad.

For the life of me I can't figure why you bemone the political discourse on this site and start these threads. 
Agreed but, as most have done when posting in this thread so far, it is possible to communicate your approval/disapproval without kicking the opposition in the nutsack.

It really is unbelievable how quickly he ahs repaired the relationship with the allies, after the previous 4 years.
I agree, if by "he" you mean Vladimir Putin. 

Putin was single-handedly able to strengthen NATO, get our half-assed allies to take their own self-defense sort of seriously, and got people in blue states to snap out of covid-19.  That's quite a litany of accomplishments.  

I voted disapprove, but it's really a mixed bag.  Russia situation, not sure what he could have possibly done differently.  Inflation?  Not really totally his fault.  Afghanistan, not good.  

I do like the fact that the daily crisis tweets are a thing of the past.....

Agreed but, as most have done when posting in this thread so far, it is possible to communicate your approval/disapproval without kicking the opposition in the nutsack.

Yeah this is a very interesting thread, not at all what I expected to read when I clicked it. Some good nuance, and it's nice to be reminded that not everyone just puts themselves in one camp or the other and just blinding supports or hates everything.

FWIW I put approve, but it was a tough call. I've been incredibly disappointed in his lack of energy and focus in response to the attacks on American democracy, as well as some of the COVID recovery messaging and efforts. I'm still not happy that he went with Garland instead of Doug Jones as AG, and I suspect we're about to see why.

I voted approved. But not by much. He was my least favorite candidate in the Democratic Party and it speaks volumes that they had four years to find/build/create a candidate and we still got Joe. He's put smart people in important roles and that is what counts most. We can make fun of him and Harris all we want, things are getting done. It's not a daily soap opera and I appreciate the fact I don't have to worry about the Commander In Chief getting his feelings hurt and causing chaos in the world.

Approve. Sure, he’s not perfect, but much better than the alternative. That said, I’d love for someone under the age of 70 to run in 2024.

Disapprove.  He selects people based on race, and gender, rather than the best person for the job.  And he makes sure he tells us all about it before he does it. 

Afghanistan was a mess.

The southern border has gotten much worse, and will continue to do so, under his watch.

Inflation is horrible .....not necessarily all on him, but what is he gonna do about it?

As much as I didn't like to listen to Trump, I can't stand Biden and Harris, as they don't say ANYTHING!!  typical swamp creature politicians.

Disapprove.  He selects people based on race, and gender, rather than the best person for the job.  And he makes sure he tells us all about it before he does it. 

Afghanistan was a mess.

The southern border has gotten much worse, and will continue to do so, under his watch.

Inflation is horrible .....not necessarily all on him, but what is he gonna do about it?

As much as I didn't like to listen to Trump, I can't stand Biden and Harris, as they don't say ANYTHING!!  typical swamp creature politicians.
Like this?  https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/20/trump-vows-to-nominate-a-woman-for-us-supreme-court-vacancy-within-a-week

Love all the approve votes because he's better than the alternative.  I mean if 538 could take out recency bias in their polls is there any doubt Biden would have the lowest presidential approval rating of all time?

I voted disapprove, but it's really a mixed bag.  Russia situation, not sure what he could have possibly done differently.  Inflation?  Not really totally his fault.  Afghanistan, not good.  

I do like the fact that the daily crisis tweets are a thing of the past.....
Yes. An n/option or mixed bag could have been a choice.

Russia being the biggest thing at the moment pushed me towards approve.  But could have gone either way.

Afghanistan was a mess.

I mostly agree with this.  Id add I didn’t like how he demonized the unvaccinated and created division through that, particularly because we know that the vax greatly improves outcomes but not so much transmission.

I do think he’s handled Ukraine well (the playbook is pretty straightforward but that hasn’t prevented others from screwing things up before).  And I do like that he’s largely faded into the background other than Ukraine so we see him bumble less and create more problems.

I didn’t have high expectations and Trump forever lowered the bar. Voted approve. It helps that I have barely listened to him speak since the election.

I neither approve nor disapprove of his performance thus far, but given the options I voted "disapprove".

His handling of Afghanistan was atrocious.  Even if the words out of a politician's mouth are totally meaningless I'd like the leader of this country to be eloquent.... which he most certainly is not.

I don't find the Republicans to be good faith actors when it comes to the border.  It's a complex issue that previous Republican administrations clearly have not solved, but it only becomes a problem when they lose power.

Inflation has been a global phenomenon that's been predicted in the financial industry for years before Biden ever took office, so I'm having a hard time laying all of the blame on him for that.

His handling of Ukraine has been about as good as I could have expected.  I feel like he has restored some of the relations with our allies that Trump diminished.  I'm also glad that his cabinet appears to be filled with people actually qualified for the job as opposed to people whose resumes were at odds with the departments they were tasked with running.

The combination of him being disappointing beyond measure, practically interchangeable with Trump from a policy standpoint, and having a totally feckless/complacent media ecosystem around him.  It just feels like we have another Trump in office, but with even less accountability from the press and far less entertainment value.  His approach to Russia/Ukraine- sanctioning Russia, pushing other countries away from the USD, and ultimately inflicting even more economic pain on civilians- has been godawful.  Naturally he has nearly 50% approval on this website even though he’d probably lose to Trump right now in the real world.  

41% of the country approves, so these results are a little favorable to him, but nothing crazy.

Afghanistan was a major blunder in its handling (though also a great, tough call in the first place), and he has a 2nd-term Reaganesque gaffe about once a week, but his admin has done just about everything you could do WRT Covid and the economic recovery. 

Presidents can't do a lot about inflation or unemployment in the short run, but he's managed to follow Trump's lead and pump lots of money into the economy to offset the COVID waves, so if you want to give the pair of them "credit" for both high inflation and low unemployment, it makes more sense here than it usually does.  He's also had enough sense to stay out of the Fed's way even though they're going to be raising rates right into the teeth of the election.  So some credit there for sure.

And anyone that says Biden wasn't leading on Ukraine and restoring the US to the center of the western world's leadership before Putin invaded is fooling themselves.  Europe was lined up pretty good even when it wasn't clear the invasion was going to happen.

B- overall.  Probably a B without the botched Afghanistan withdrawal. 

But just having someone show up and not be utterly clueless about the basics -- democracy, rule of law, separation of powers, how bleach works -- is a huge step up.

I disapprove but I think he is doing a great job on Ukraine.  If he would promise and keep it, to get our troops out of any foreign conflict and bring all troops home. Then he would get my vote next time. That will never happen though. Google how many years our country hasn't been involved in some kind of conflict. The answer might surprise people. 

Here is a link to that question. 

https://medium.com/traveling-through-history/only-15-years-of-peace-in-the-history-of-the-united-states-of-america-c479193df79f

The combination of him being disappointing beyond measure, practically interchangeable with Trump from a policy standpoint, and having a totally feckless/complacent media ecosystem around him.  It just feels like we have another Trump in office, but with even less accountability from the press and far less entertainment value.  His approach to Russia/Ukraine- sanctioning Russia, pushing other countries away from the USD, and ultimately inflicting even more economic pain on civilians- has been godawful.  Naturally he has nearly 50% approval on this website even though he’d probably lose to Trump right now in the real world.  
I have missed this in other threads. What is your issue with our involvement / lack of involvement in Ukraine?

Users who are viewing this thread