What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Deuce Vaughn, DAL (1 Viewer)

Faust

MVP
‘The best player in college football’: Deuce Vaughn makes K-State history at Texas Bowl

Kansas State football coach Chris Klieman is ready to make a bold statement about Deuce Vaughn. The sophomore running back has already earned consensus All-America honors as an all-purpose player, and Vaughn now owns the school record for touchdowns in a postseason game after he found the end zone four times during a 42-20 victory over LSU at the Texas Bowl on Tuesday inside NRG Stadium. Impressive as all that is, none of his accolades and accomplishments properly show how much Vaughn means to his head coach. “He is the best player in college football in my opinion,” Klieman said. That will probably sound like hyperbole to some. But Vaughn is gaining more believers with each passing game. There seems to be no slowing him down.

Vaughn put on an offensive clinic against the Tigers on Tuesday. He rushed for 146 yards and three touchdowns on 21 carries. He also caught a short touchdown pass from quarterback Skylar Thompson and helped the Wildcats add an exclamation mark on to one of the most lopsided bowl victories in school history. LSU had no answer for him. “He’s the best offensive player I have ever played with,” K-State linebacker Daniel Green said. Vaughn didn’t win Texas Bowl MVP honors. Those went to Thompson, who finished out his college career by throwing for 259 yards and three touchdowns. But Vaughn etched his name in the K-State record books. The Wildcats have been a bowl regular since Bill Snyder took them to the Copper Bowl in 1993. But no one has scored more touchdowns in a bowl game than Vaughn.

He also added some eye-popping numbers to his season statistics. His sophomore campaign came to an end with 1,872 all-purpose yards and 22 touchdowns. Vaughn refused to take credit for those numbers, saying they are a product of K-State’s offensive line more than anything he did by himself. But he did take a moment to soak up the victory. “It’s pretty big, because LSU is a team you watch growing up,” Vaughn said. “They’re a blue-blood school. They won a national championship a few years ago. To get the opportunity to play them in a big-time bowl game back in Texas and to come out on top is big.” When Vaughn first arrived at K-State, he was an unheralded recruit from Round Rock, Texas. Few expected much from him at the college level other than the K-State coaches who recruited him. Now, he is one of the most decorated up-and-coming players in the nation.

This may only be the beginning. Klieman still has plenty of time to praise K-State’s star player. “He’s a consensus first-team All-American for a reason,” Klieman said. “He is the most humble kid I’ve been around. But he’s a workhorse. And our players love him. He loves K-State and he’s big time. I love the kid and I love his heart and his resolve and the fact that he wants the football.”

Last edited:
Kansas State junior RB Deuce Vaughn posted one of the most successful seasons by a running back in the Big 12 since 2014.

Vaughn (5'6/172) was listed as PFF's top returning running back in February after reaching program records and passing the century mark in an outstanding Texas Bowl performance in the 42-20 win over LSU. According to Pro Football Focus, Vaughn has the highest career grade among Big 12 running backs since 2014 (93.7).

Apr 25, 2022, 8:19 PM ET

According to PFF College, Kansas State junior RB Deuce Vaughn posted the highest rushing grade for a Big 12 RB since 2014 last season.

Vaughn (5'6/172) beat out Kennedy Brooks and David Montgomery's 2018 seasons to earn the highest rushing grade since PFF's inception back in 2014. The diminutive but dynamic tailback accrued 1,409 yards on 6.0 YPC and 18 touchdowns on the ground last year. However he is also an accomplished receiver as well, recording 74 catches on 102 targets for 902 yards, 12.2 YPC and six touchdowns in just two seasons on KSU's campus. The dual-threat all-purpose weapon will now have the luxury of lining up behind Nebraska transfer Adrian Martinez in what should be a potent QB/RB combo. 

SOURCE: PFF

May 17, 2022, 3:48 PM ET

Nick Saban’s thoughts on Deuce Vaughn ahead of Sugar Bowl

NEW ORLEANS (KSNT) – Legendary Alabama head football coach Nick Saban was asked about K-State running back Deuce Vaughn in his pre-game press conference on Friday in New Orleans.

Saban has clearly been impressed by the junior Wildcat ball carrier.

“Pound for pound he’s probably one of the best players, greatest competitors, toughest guys,” Saban said.

He says Vaughn is a great example that there exceptions to the rule when it comes to parameters on players. There’s a lot more to judging a player than size, speed or body type.

“The size, speed part of it is just one part of that,” Saban said. “Character, intelligence and all those things are a big part of how you evaluate players.”

Saban then made a bold statement about Vaughn.

“There is no one that we’ve played against all year that has better competitive character than [Deuce Vaughn],” Saban said.

I would love the Bengals to get this guy in the late 3rd. He would be a nice complimentary back to Mixon for the receiving downs. He is slippery and tough but man is he small looking out there on the field. Darren Sproles 2.0

His style to me fits teams like Eagles, Chargers, and Chiefs however.

Cowboys selected Kansas State RB Deuce Vaughn with the No. 212 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.​

Vaugh (5’5/179) is downright diminutive, but you wouldn’t know that by looking at his box scores. He blew up as a sophomore with 235 carries for 1,404 yards and 18 touchdowns, all while adding another 468 yards and four scores on 49 catches. His touchdown totals took a hit in 2022 but he ran for another 1,558 yards on 293 yards and caught an additional 42 passes. Vaughn isn’t going to see many inside carries in the NFL, but he’s a player who commands more opportunities every time he gets the ball. With creative coaching, Vaughn could be a dangerous outside zone runner and pass-catcher in the NFL.
Apr 29, 2023, 5:09 PM ET

Cowboys personnel director Will McClay said the team views rookie RB Deuce Vaughn as a potential three-down back.​

"The No. 1 thing is getting a guy that can win in space, create their own space, and do explosive things," McClay told 105.3 The Fan. "Adding him as a weapon was a huge deal. You can run your offense through him." The Cowboys don't want to limit Vaughn (5’5/179), who ran for over 3,000 yards as three-year starter, to a pass-down role. With Malik Davis, Ronald Jones, and Rico Dowdle behind Tony Pollard (leg, ankle), Vaughn is the favorite to open the season as the Cowboys' RB2 and the hedge to those betting against Pollard holding up under a full workload.
SOURCE: 105.3 The Fan
May 6, 2023, 11:52 AM ET

Cowboys personnel director Will McClay said the team views rookie RB Deuce Vaughn as a potential three-down back.​

"The No. 1 thing is getting a guy that can win in space, create their own space, and do explosive things," McClay told 105.3 The Fan. "Adding him as a weapon was a huge deal. You can run your offense through him." The Cowboys don't want to limit Vaughn (5’5/179), who ran for over 3,000 yards as three-year starter, to a pass-down role. With Malik Davis, Ronald Jones, and Rico Dowdle behind Tony Pollard (leg, ankle), Vaughn is the favorite to open the season as the Cowboys' RB2 and the hedge to those betting against Pollard holding up under a full workload.
Per game?

McClay is currently on vacation and Deuce's Dad is filling in for him and wrote this.

Do any of y'all remember Joe Morris?

Very much so...good RB for the NYG in the 80's who helped them win a Super Bowl...local kid (for me) who played at Syracuse and was a second-round pick...5'7" 195 who was very powerful for his size...career dropped fast after a foot injury.

NFL Beat Writers @32Beatwriters
Dallas OC Schottenheimer on Deuce Vaughn:
“He’s truly hard for the defense to see when he’s back there behind the offensive line. You see the defensive linemen there engage like, ‘I can’t see him! Where did he go?’ and then when you get him out in space, he’s a matchup problem”
Sounds like he might make the squad. I'm surprised.

They will probably carry 4rbs now.

Deuce Vaughn is a bad-***. Cowboys fans are gonna LOVE that guy. I watched him a lot and its true - the dude just hides and before you know it he’s 30 yards downfield. I wish the Chiefs had him.

Do any of y'all remember Joe Morris?

Very much so...good RB for the NYG in the 80's who helped them win a Super Bowl...local kid (for me) who played at Syracuse and was a second-round pick...5'7" 195 who was very powerful for his size...career dropped fast after a foot injury.
Yeah
That's who I think of when people talk about Deuce.

Any updates on how this guy is going to be used? Do we think he is going to take more of the pass catching role in this offense? Kick returns/punt returns? He reminds me so much of Darren Sproles when I watch his highlights

will be interesting to see if he can be the next Sproles...not too many of his stature have succeeded.

man there's only one Barry but some of those highlights remind me of #20 - guys literally grasping air (which might be why most of them won't have a job in 3 weeks....)

this rookie class was known for extreme size outliers at QB/WR/RB/CB but Deuce makes Devon Achanel seem like a giant. pulling hard for all of them, would be awesome to see normal sized humans at the highest level. unlikelyn but August is for dreamin'...

Impossible not to make the Sproles comparison.

Looking at the highlights I am impressed with his balance and it looks like he has great vision too. He seems to have excellent leg strength as well. It will be interesting to see if that holds up against tougher competition.

Call me crazy but he now has me considering him in the 2nd round of my rookie draft.

Everything I saw yesterday should translate to the regular season. The million dollar question is can he hold up.

Call me crazy but he now has me considering him in the 2nd round of my rookie draft.

Everything I saw yesterday should translate to the regular season. The million dollar question is can he hold up.
He definitely climbed a couple spots up my board. He was already in the top 20 overall for me, but now I have him at 16. (RB crazy league where TE's are mostly worthless, though. So 16 probably roughly translates to 24 in a normal league.)

Users who are viewing this thread