What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

And?  what is 10% of 1 million?  That's not a small number.  :shrug:

The point is, these people should stay in Mexico until their case is resolved.  I don't want them roaming around here.
1% of less than 100,000 don’t show up. Your numbers were wrong, so I dropped some facts and figures into the discussion. Asylum seekers are here legally, and following the laws, as thriftyrocker was saying.

No apparently Mitch did not agree with you that Bush, Obama and Trump were overspending because he voted in favor to raise the debt ceiling 30+ times

It is only now that it’s okay to sit by and let the federal government default and watch the economy collapse

most of them voted to raise it - I have supported Govt shutdown for years, I didn't want Trump to cave and he did, its time to stop the massive overspending and start having fiscal responsibility

most of them voted to raise it - I have supported Govt shutdown for years, I didn't want Trump to cave and he did, its time to stop the massive overspending and start having fiscal responsibility

Trump was as much responsible for overspending as much as any US president.  The reason he "caved" is because he knew it was political suicide for this to happen on his watch.

Obviously the Democrats love to spend but the Republicans were in complete control of the house, senate and White House and had ample opportunities to cut spending.  Instead they increased it while at the same time reducing revenue by cutting taxes.  So much for being fiscally conservative.

I agree with you that federal spending is and has been out of control for decades but the time to do that is before the budget gets approved.  The United States has made obligations to our creditors and not living up to that promise will hurt the economy for decades.

Mitch can blame the Democrats but the reality is that the debt we will be defaulting on is as much as Republican's fault as it is the Democrats.

Trump was as much responsible for overspending as much as any US president.  The reason he "caved" is because he knew it was political suicide for this to happen on his watch.

Obviously the Democrats love to spend but the Republicans were in complete control of the house, senate and White House and had ample opportunities to cut spending.  Instead they increased it while at the same time reducing revenue by cutting taxes.  So much for being fiscally conservative.

I agree with you that federal spending is and has been out of control for decades but the time to do that is before the budget gets approved.  The United States has made obligations to our creditors and not living up to that promise will hurt the economy for decades.

Mitch can blame the Democrats but the reality is that the debt we will be defaulting on is as much as Republican's fault as it is the Democrats.
And the biggest area to cut at this point...is where politicians won't cut.  Defense.

And the biggest area to cut at this point...is where politicians won't cut.  Defense.
Entitlement programs (unemployment, medicare, medicaid, social security, etc.) dwarf the defense budget by a 5:1 margin. And that will explode further once the $3.5 trillion welfare bill is passed.

And once interest rates rise, the interest on the debt will be 2x defense + medicare combined. That is a ticking time bomb.

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/americas-finance-guide/spending/categories/

Last edited by a moderator:

the numbers don't lie - Obama tripled what Trump did and Biden will triple what Obama did - or more

I don't care about political suicide - I can about 29 trillion in debt

The United States has made obligations to our creditors and not living up to that promise will hurt the economy for decades.

I blame them all -  but right now Biden and the Democrats are in control - they're doing this RIGHT NOW and blaming them RIGHT NOW is 100% accurate

the numbers don't lie - Obama tripled what Trump did and Biden will triple what Obama did - or more

I don't care about political suicide - I can about 29 trillion in debt

I blame them all -  but right now Biden and the Democrats are in control - they're doing this RIGHT NOW and blaming them RIGHT NOW is 100% accurate

I have no problem blaming the Democrats.  My problem is the US defaulting on it's obligations and the economy being irreparably harmed. 

Not raising the debt ceiling has the potential to cost millions of jobs,  the value of the dollar to fall, wall street to crash and interest rates to soar.  People relying on the US government for paychecks, social security and medicare / medicaid would likely be SOL.  Inflation would be off the charts.

And none of it would cause debt to go away or cure the problem of the US overspending.

Mitch is playing political games here.   If the Democrats are unable to raise the debt ceiling on their own he will be forced to backtrack eventually.  The alternative is too catastrophic.   

Mitch is playing political games here.   If the Democrats are unable to raise the debt ceiling on their own he will be forced to backtrack eventually.  The alternative is too catastrophic.   

lets be honest - GOP will sabotage DNC every chance they get

DNC will sabotage GOP every chance it gets

in between, these two political parties will spent in the next 4 years upwards of 10 trillion dollars more than the Fed Govt will bring in

at some point, the United States will default on its debt. It cannot handle 40 trillion or 70 trillion or 120 trillion ... at some point there will be a reckoning and when that happens, 2008/2009 will pale in comparison

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/european-sovereign-debt-crisis.asp#:~:text=Sovereign Debt Overview-,History of the Crisis,somewhat offensive moniker (PIIGS).

"Hey everyone, we just checked again and turns out all the free money is going to cost . . . free. You have my word as a Biden!"  :excited:

I hate "free"

the shots are NOT free - its a grand lie that is told all the time .... free free free ............ I can't believe people fall for it, I mean really

Entitlement programs (unemployment, medicare, medicaid, social security, etc.) dwarf the defense budget by a 5:1 margin. And that will explode further once the $3.5 trillion welfare bill is passed.

And once interest rates rise, the interest on the debt will be 2x defense + medicare combined. That is a ticking time bomb.

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/americas-finance-guide/spending/categories/
Sure...if you want to lump multiple programs together to get to defense spending...

Don't think its wise to do so and include things like Social Security (for which there is a separate tax to try and pay for it...though, we all know the flaws in that)...or even things like Medicare (again...having its own tax to try and pay for it).

Id also disagree calling the bill a welfare bill as that is not quite a full look at what is in that bill.

Sure...if you want to lump multiple programs together to get to defense spending...

Don't think its wise to do so and include things like Social Security (for which there is a separate tax to try and pay for it...though, we all know the flaws in that)...or even things like Medicare (again...having its own tax to try and pay for it).

Id also disagree calling the bill a welfare bill as that is not quite a full look at what is in that bill.
Then since you apparently know more about the defense budget than the Sec of Defense, please show your work.

Where and how much exactly would you cut from the existing defense budget? Which bases in which theaters? Which weapons systems? Payroll to the troops? Troop numbers?  And how would those cuts not affect national security.

I won't hold my breath waiting for answers. There is no greater red meat talking point in politics for liberals than "cut defense."

Then since you apparently know more about the defense budget than the Sec of Defense, please show your work.

Where and how much exactly would you cut from the existing defense budget? Which bases in which theaters? Which weapons systems? Payroll to the troops? Troop numbers?  And how would those cuts not affect national security.

I won't hold my breath waiting for answers. There is no greater red meat talking point in politics for liberals than "cut defense."
I know more than the sec of defense?

I never claimed as much…I don’t see a need to go much further if we are just going to make false assertions.

I know more than the sec of defense?

I never claimed as much…I don’t see a need to go much further if we are just going to make false assertions.
There is no need to go further since you've got absolutely squat to back up your initial, baseless claim that the biggest area to cut is defense. Carry on.

:lol:

These threads are putting a smile on my face today with the absurd back and forths.  Between this and the passing contest about Trump's golf skillz... 

:lol:

These threads are putting a smile on my face today with the absurd back and forths.  Between this and the passing contest about Trump's golf skillz... 
the golf was way out there.  now Biden,  way in over his head & getting worse.  thing is I'm not sure he realizes much of anything.  sad day for our country.  hey, maybe we can spend out way out of this mess?

yea right.

Hey, how is that defund the police working in Dem. controlled cities??  don't answer we all know.  close to the most brain dead idea I've ever heard until I read about CA paying people not to shoot someone.

just a sad state of affairs & to think this massive spending bill to empower more government programs, that they are NO GOOD at running is the icing on the cake.  Government with problems=====throw a bunch of money at it, hire government employees, who you can't fire & wonder why it turns into a boongoggle of continuous bailouts to keep it running.

cripes.

Hey, how is that defund the police working in Dem. controlled cities??  don't answer we all know.  close to the most brain dead idea I've ever heard until I read about CA paying people not to shoot someone.

What cities have completely defunded the police?

I have no problem blaming the Democrats.  My problem is the US defaulting on it's obligations and the economy being irreparably harmed. 

Not raising the debt ceiling has the potential to cost millions of jobs,  the value of the dollar to fall, wall street to crash and interest rates to soar.  People relying on the US government for paychecks, social security and medicare / medicaid would likely be SOL.  Inflation would be off the charts.

And none of it would cause debt to go away or cure the problem of the US overspending.

I guess the other side of this chicken-or-the-egg position would say something like "we have to start somewhere" or "if the government wasn't so quick to create situations where people rely on the government, they wouldn't be SOL". 

It's not a political game. It is political/financial management. No action will almost certainly lead to a poorer situation. Action, while perhaps not popular, and while certainly more difficult, is a necessity. 

But it cannot be left ignored. And it should not be painted like the opposing party is being criminalized. That would be like criticizing them for the failure existing. Like saying " well, we let the kids play in the street and they are now in danger but if you don't go out there and kill the motorists to save them from running over them, then YOU are the bad guys."

Both sides have skin in the game but it should not be presented like the only option to fix it is to let it go and there is only one course of action (letting it go). 

What cities have completely defunded the police?

LOGICAL FALLACY: False Dilemma

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

LOGICAL FALLACY: Denying A Conjunct

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy#Denying_a_conjunct

DIRECT HEADLINE: Seattle's first black police chief resigns over vote to defund the police

Andrew Naughtie 11 August 2020 11:20

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/seattle-carmen-best-defund-police-chief-resigns-black-lives-matter-a9664451.html

If Shick was still around from the old days and I was Shick, I would force you to source your posts entirely until you stopped these cheap games you play. Source policing, logical fallacy bombing, gaslighting, ad hominem, feigning ignorance, demanding links and on and on and on.

Of course no major city is going to completely defund their entire police force. To try to push that argument does two things

1) It outs you as a bad faith actor looking to hunt Conservative viewpoints in the PSF for sport

2) It denies all rational context.

Rational context would include a major portion of the Defund The Police movement comes from the accusation of systematic racism by law enforcement against African Americans.

So what does it say that Jenny Durkan's policies in Seattle, including the one of the hardest pushes to Defund The Police in the entire nation, while factoring in the unchecked rioting and looting allowed there in 2020, caused the first black female Chief of Police ever in that city, Carmen Best, to resign in protest over Defund The Police.

How does Defund The Police serve for greater racial harmony when it ensures to end the careers of the few African Americans, particularly women, who fight the odds and take a true position of power/influence/ability to make a difference?

There are people right now all over the entire world who would fight and die to be able to have true and open free speech where they live and for a place they call home. You were born into a society of abundance and naturally to one of the greatest freedoms that was coveted all throughout recorded human history. Then you acknowledge it by taking it for granted by being cheap, pedantic and lazy.

LOGICAL FALLACY: False Dilemma

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

LOGICAL FALLACY: Denying A Conjunct

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy#Denying_a_conjunct

DIRECT HEADLINE: Seattle's first black police chief resigns over vote to defund the police

Andrew Naughtie 11 August 2020 11:20

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/seattle-carmen-best-defund-police-chief-resigns-black-lives-matter-a9664451.html

If Shick was still around from the old days and I was Shick, I would force you to source your posts entirely until you stopped these cheap games you play. Source policing, logical fallacy bombing, gaslighting, ad hominem, feigning ignorance, demanding links and on and on and on.

Of course no major city is going to completely defund their entire police force. To try to push that argument does two things

1) It outs you as a bad faith actor looking to hunt Conservative viewpoints in the PSF for sport

2) It denies all rational context.

Rational context would include a major portion of the Defund The Police movement comes from the accusation of systematic racism by law enforcement against African Americans.

So what does it say that Jenny Durkan's policies in Seattle, including the one of the hardest pushes to Defund The Police in the entire nation, while factoring in the unchecked rioting and looting allowed there in 2020, caused the first black female Chief of Police ever in that city, Carmen Best, to resign in protest over Defund The Police.

How does Defund The Police serve for greater racial harmony when it ensures to end the careers of the few African Americans, particularly women, who fight the odds and take a true position of power/influence/ability to make a difference?

There are people right now all over the entire world who would fight and die to be able to have true and open free speech where they live and for a place they call home. You were born into a society of abundance and naturally to one of the greatest freedoms that was coveted all throughout recorded human history. Then you acknowledge it by taking it for granted by being cheap, pedantic and lazy.
This part is important and deserves more people paying attention to it. During the civil Rights pushes in the 60's one of the aspects that was highly emphasized BY MINORITIES was the need of more presence and diverse representation in police, fire, healthcare, local government, etc. Now, 60 years later, we are witnessing a systematic stripping down of all those layers built during the past 60 years. 

Seemingly, at every turn, the push by government is to make people more dependent on them while, at the same time, making as many sections of the national community more divisive than it has been in over a half century. 

Shutout said:
I guess the other side of this chicken-or-the-egg position would say something like "we have to start somewhere" or "if the government wasn't so quick to create situations where people rely on the government, they wouldn't be SOL". 

It's not a political game. It is political/financial management. No action will almost certainly lead to a poorer situation. Action, while perhaps not popular, and while certainly more difficult, is a necessity. 

But it cannot be left ignored. And it should not be painted like the opposing party is being criminalized. That would be like criticizing them for the failure existing. Like saying " well, we let the kids play in the street and they are now in danger but if you don't go out there and kill the motorists to save them from running over them, then YOU are the bad guys."

Both sides have skin in the game but it should not be presented like the only option to fix it is to let it go and there is only one course of action (letting it go). 
Defaulting on debt already incurred will not solve the problem and in fact make things much worse.

Fixing it requires sharp spending cuts and raising taxes, now please show me where either party has shown any interest in doing either of those things let alone both.

Yeah.  That was as predictable as the sunrise
That someone would make a false assertion about I said I knew more than the Sec of Defense?  Or that there would be an assertion that its baseless to say that congress will never touch the incredibly large defense budget?  Its not baseless to say that...sorry, its clear they never will for fear of being told they don't support the troops.

When talking about such things...bringing up mandatory spending that is funded by separate taxes like Soc Security...or mostly funded..like Medicare...is pretty disingenuous.   Those are allocated by previous acts of congress.  Talking year to year budgeting...we are talking discretionary spending.

Discretionary spending for 2021 requests

https://www.thebalance.com/current-us-discretionary-federal-budget-and-spending-3306308

What is the largest category?

GordonGekko said:

Then he should not have made the totally false claim that some Democratic run cities have done so. Unless a false claim like this is called out, then it just gets repeated here again (see Antifa/BLM association) and is accepted as fact by some.

Then he should not have made the totally false claim that some Democratic run cities have done so. Unless a false claim like this is called out, then it just gets repeated here again (see Antifa/BLM association) and is accepted as fact by some.
Antifa/BLM has been proven as tied at the hip.  It is fact and, as such, is irrefutable despite your denial.

You really think if you repeat your lie enough people will believe it?

Antifa/BLM has been proven as tied at the hip.  It is fact and, as such, is irrefutable despite your denial.

You really think if you repeat your lie enough people will believe it?

False, there is not one shred of actual proof. RA linked a New Yorker article where they quote some low level BLM march participants who claim BLM was infiltrated by Antifa, but those claims have not been verified by any fact checker. 

False, there is not one shred of actual proof. RA linked a New Yorker article where they quote some low level BLM march participants who claim BLM was infiltrated by Antifa, but those claims have not been verified by any fact checker. 
Would you be shocked if it was verified?

I remember  a time when everything  wasn't black and white.   Big things have nuance.    The good old days.

So Biden flat out lying on ABC that noone recommended keeping 2500 troops in Afghanistan. McKenzie and Milley both say they recommended keeping 2500 troops there. 

This is 100% on him. 
It could just be a sign of his dementia.    The Sec Def just said how honest biden is.

Maybe he doesn't remember  being told.

So Biden flat out lying on ABC that noone recommended keeping 2500 troops in Afghanistan. McKenzie and Milley both say they recommended keeping 2500 troops there. 

This is 100% on him. 
Had to stop watching and they were covering a lot quickly, but I believe the 2500 was a recommendation early in the year and in late August as things were deteriorating the recommendation was then to leave and all the generals agreed to this. 

Would you be shocked if it was verified?

Yes, because members of these two groups have different goals and agendas and it makes no sense that BLM would align itself or work with a violent anti-fascist organization like Antifa. 

Yes, because members of these two groups have different goals and agendas and it makes no sense that BLM would align itself or work with an anti-facist organization like Antifa. 

Full stop. The article showed how in two locations BLM and Antifa shared members and had issues with these competing concerns and were obviously coordinating together to march while sharing members at protests. You need to stop lying. I'll report it, like you report everybody.

You do not get to say that coordination among board members alone shows Antifa and BLM are together in their marches. That the participants march together is enough to show that they participate in each other's marches.

It's tautological. I'm not getting suspended over you, but you're lying again.

Users who are viewing this thread