What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (3 Viewers)

A day later and this continues to bother me.  

(CNN)President Joe Biden received his Covid-19 vaccine booster shot on Monday afternoon at the White House

Does the White House have a sound stage? 

It shouldn't. He was talking to assembled WH reporters at the time, so it is not like this was shot in secret and they were trying to hide something. 😁

I may be missing Manchin's meaning here and granted I haven't seen them all, but has Manchin come out against raising the debt ceiling?  I hadn't read his position as taking that approach.  I think that's a separate issue from the bipartisan infrastructure bill and for lack of a better term the $3.5 trillion bill.  I get that they can link them, but it certainly isn't necessary.  I agree with you that we have to raise it for now even for those of us who see the debt as a huge issue. 

Some of Manchin's comments I read yesterday I can certainly agree with, including work requirements for some of the programs.  Just this morning we had new jobless claims numbers and continuing jobless claims numbers that show a persistent and even rising number, even while our available jobs number grows and we face a labor shortage.  To me, paying people to stay home is causing this persistent issue.  The very principle of doing it strikes at productivity.
 I agree and you are correct:  I am not sure on Manchin's position on the debt ceiling.

Someone should have let CNN know.  Unless they don't care about the accuracy of their reporting.  Which we kind of already assume anyway. 

Also good to know the Eisenhower building has a sound stage. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/the-grounds/eisenhower-executive-office-building/

Eisenhower Executive Office Building

Originally built for the State, War, and Navy Departments between 1871 and 1888, the Eisenhower Executive Office Building now houses a majority of offices for White House staff.

The Eisenhower Executive Office Building, located next to the West Wing, is an impressive structure that commands a unique position in both our nation’s history and its architectural heritage.

They said "At the WH" while it was at the building next door to the West Wing, so I see this as a more of a semantics discussion than anything else and not that big a deal (CNN must agree as they never issued a correction of the article). 

And again there was a pool of reporters present so It is not like they were trying to hide something from the press and/or the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
They said "At the WH" while it was at the building next door to the West Wing, so I see this as a more of a semantics discussion than anything else and not that big a deal (CNN must agree as they never issued a correction of the article). 

And again there was a pool of reporters present so It is not like they were trying to hide something from the press and/or the public.
You are correct, he ran on transparency and by golly that's what he's delivered.....

I agree.  Correct details are just semantics to CNN. 

I don't think they are trying to hide anything.  Its just really dumb they can't be honest in the reporting (maybe its just laziness). These are the reasons for their continued credibility issues. 

I agree.  Correct details are just semantics to CNN. 

I don't think they are trying to hide anything.  Its just really dumb they can't be honest in the reporting (maybe its just laziness). These are the reasons for their continued credibility issues. 
I think that it's interesting that there is a mock-up of the oval office for photo ops.   Not really surprised by it.  

Why wouldn’t they just use the oval?

weird
I assume that since it was a photo op to help with the vaccination campaign, they wanted as many photographers as possible and couldn't cram them all into the oval office.    I wonder how many other events have been staged, and by how many administrations.

My problem with Manchin is why he wasn’t taking this stance years ago?
It's becoming clear you don't have a solid understanding of Manchin's stance on balancing the budget, easy money policies and limiting the national debt.

In 2013, he introduced a balanced budget amendment. Also in 2013 he opposed Janet Yellen as Fed Chair based on her obsession with quantitative easing.

Senators Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), [et. al] introduced a constitutional amendment today that would require the federal government to balance its budget and restore fiscal discipline in Washington. 

https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-introduces-common-sense-balanced-budget-amendment

I believe that the current lending policy of the Fed will continue to allow Congress to run up record debts and deficits while our economy continues to lag behind.”

https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-statement-on-fed-chair-nominee-janet-yellen-committee-vote

I assume that since it was a photo op to help with the vaccination campaign, they wanted as many photographers as possible and couldn't cram them all into the oval office.    I wonder how many other events have been staged, and by how many administrations.
Yeah, me too

I imagine the real explanation is something innocuous like that, but the usual suspects always jump to the conclusion that there was some sort of nefarious intent on the part of Biden's staff to fool people, which makes no sense with the pool of reporters assembled there. 

This administration has been awful. I'm actually a little surprised they've been far worse then the Trump administration. That takes work to be this bad. They've done nothing good unless you count simply reversing some of Trump's EO's. They can't govern. They can't agree amongst their own party. The VP is MIA. Can't pass the layup of a bipartisan infrastructure bill. Simply terrible so far. Easily the worst in my lifetime.

Eta: and that's counting the Carter years. Even though I was like 4 y/o 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Biden Supporters care to offer any logical rationale for this appointment attempt? A legit, actual communist who wants to eliminate banks to be put in charge of banks?  This has to be shtick, right? I mean, this is worse than the Chipman nomination. :lol:  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/comptroller-of-the-economy-saule-omarova-joe-biden-nominee-11632937029

"Ms. Omarova thinks asset prices, pay scales, capital and credit should be dictated by the federal government. In two papers, she has advocated expanding the Federal Reserve’s mandate to include the price levels of “systemically important financial assets” as well as worker wages. As they like to say at the modern university, from each according to her ability to each according to her needs.

In a recent paper “The People’s Ledger,” she proposed that the Federal Reserve take over consumer bank deposits, “effectively ‘end banking,’ as we know it,” and become “the ultimate public platform for generating, modulating, and allocating financial resources in a modern economy.” She’d also like the U.S. to create a central bank digital currency—as Venezuela and China are doing—to “redesign our financial system & turn Fed’s balance sheet into a true ‘People’s Ledger,’” she tweeted this summer. What could possibly go wrong?

Ms. Omarova believes capital and credit should be directed by an unaccountable bureaucracy and intelligentsia. She has recommended a “National Investment Authority,” with members overseen by an advisory board of academics, to finance a “big and bold” climate agenda. Sounds like the green infrastructure bank the Senate rejected."

squistion said:
I imagine the real explanation is something innocuous like that, but the usual suspects always jump to the conclusion that there was some sort of nefarious intent on the part of Biden's staff to fool people, which makes no sense with the pool of reporters assembled there. 
It is pretty innocuous and a mere blip in history but history will show that President Biden got a Covid booster shot at the White House forever into the future. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but is indicative of the false transparency of this Administration and how the media supports it.

It is pretty innocuous and a mere blip in history but history will show that President Biden got a Covid booster shot at the White House forever into the future. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but is indicative of the false transparency of this Administration and how the media supports it.

Not if the photos of the press gallery in attendance still exist, which is proof that the media did not support this so called deception (obviously the Biden and his staff were not trying to hide where this taking place).  At worst this will rate an asterisk that this was taken at the building next door to the White House rather than at the WH itself.  

So Joe has to make a trip to congress today to rally the Dems to support his programs, is this the same guy who campaigned he could work both side of the isle, but now he can’t even get his people to support his bills?  Joe is so desperate for a win.

Pretty sure every administration has staged photo ops.   It's happening in front of the media, so it's hard to say that's not transparent.   The media literally reported on the fact that it was staged.   This happened with Trump signing a blank piece of paper at Walter Reid, Obama re-enacting his address about Osama Bin Laden being killed for still photographers, etc.   

I think it's just more to accommodate the press than any "false transparency."

So Joe has to make a trip to congress today to rally the Dems to support his programs, is this the same guy who campaigned he could work both side of the isle, but now he can’t even get his people to support his bills?  Joe is so desperate for a win.
Yeah, he really needs this one.   

Pretty sure every administration has staged photo ops.   It's happening in front of the media, so it's hard to say that's not transparent.   The media literally reported on the fact that it was staged.   This happened with Trump signing a blank piece of paper at Walter Reid, Obama re-enacting his address about Osama Bin Laden being killed for still photographers, etc.   

Again, it's not that big of a deal but all major media outlets reported that the event took place at the White House with their accompanying photos showing the fake background to make it appear as if that's where it was. It's deceptive. That's the last I'll talk about it. Just an observation.

Again, it's not that big of a deal but all major media outlets reported that the event took place at the White House with their accompanying photos showing the fake background to make it appear as if that's where it was. It's deceptive. That's the last I'll talk about it. Just an observation.

I don't think they all reported that. So far only link anyone has provided was to CNN 

After watching today's congressional spectacle (of sorts), two things came to mind (for me):

---Joe has zero 'presence'.  Most every president has some, negative or positive, buzz.  When they're coming and going, when they enter a room.

Obama exuded this.  Clinton had it. Trump did, in his own infuriatingly polarizing way.

Joe has zero.

--Joe needs a better barber.  What little hair he has is a mess. Not a Bernie mess, but a mess nonetheless.

This guy can't stop blurting out pure stupidity.

We are going to protect the vaccinated workers from unvaccinated coworkers.

WHAT??? So it appears the jab juice doesn't work if you need to protect them. Well...it actually doesn't work after a few months. The ignorance flowing out of the WH is off the charts.

Any Biden Supporters care to offer any logical rationale for this appointment attempt? A legit, actual communist who wants to eliminate banks to be put in charge of banks?  This has to be shtick, right? I mean, this is worse than the Chipman nomination. :lol:  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/comptroller-of-the-economy-saule-omarova-joe-biden-nominee-11632937029

"Ms. Omarova thinks asset prices, pay scales, capital and credit should be dictated by the federal government. In two papers, she has advocated expanding the Federal Reserve’s mandate to include the price levels of “systemically important financial assets” as well as worker wages. As they like to say at the modern university, from each according to her ability to each according to her needs.

In a recent paper “The People’s Ledger,” she proposed that the Federal Reserve take over consumer bank deposits, “effectively ‘end banking,’ as we know it,” and become “the ultimate public platform for generating, modulating, and allocating financial resources in a modern economy.” She’d also like the U.S. to create a central bank digital currency—as Venezuela and China are doing—to “redesign our financial system & turn Fed’s balance sheet into a true ‘People’s Ledger,’” she tweeted this summer. What could possibly go wrong?

Ms. Omarova believes capital and credit should be directed by an unaccountable bureaucracy and intelligentsia. She has recommended a “National Investment Authority,” with members overseen by an advisory board of academics, to finance a “big and bold” climate agenda. Sounds like the green infrastructure bank the Senate rejected."
When I type time to time that we are increasingly politically wanting to live in two different America's, stuff like this is what I mean.  That any significant portion of our country would want these things should be alarming.

Everything is staged when it comes to president/vp photo ops,

less pearl clutching

After watching today's congressional spectacle (of sorts), two things came to mind (for me):

---Joe has zero 'presence'.  Most every president has some, negative or positive, buzz.  When they're coming and going, when they enter a room.

Obama exuded this.  Clinton had it. Trump did, in his own infuriatingly polarizing way.

Joe has zero.

--Joe needs a better barber.  What little hair he has is a mess. Not a Bernie mess, but a mess nonetheless.
He did at one time.

He's just a shell of his old self at this point. Much like most people his age.

Joe has zero.

Joe addressed and is not happy with all the FJB chants that are going on at stadiums and large events all over the country.

I am not a fan of it either but it is gaining popularity even at a Nationals game.

Shula-holic said:
When I type time to time that we are increasingly politically wanting to live in two different America's, stuff like this is what I mean.  That any significant portion of our country would want these things should be alarming.
I agree with your first sentence.

Joe addressed and is not happy with all the FJB chants that are going on at stadiums and large events all over the country.

I am not a fan of it either but it is gaining popularity even at a Nationals game.
It's actually sad and a bit worrisome to me.  I think Biden has been a terrible President so far but these things show a degrading of respect for the office and our government.  I think we are in a cycle of perpetual disdain and borderline hatred that is ever increasing of the other side.  

It's actually sad and a bit worrisome to me.  I think Biden has been a terrible President so far but these things show a degrading of respect for the office and our government.  I think we are in a cycle of perpetual disdain and borderline hatred that is ever increasing of the other side.  
It's an improvement from burning cars and spray painting federal buildings. Progress in a way. 

Biden is terrible but I really do not support this. It happened today in some NFL stadiums as well.

Having read that she's as bad as has been reported.  Hopefully she's Borked.
Interview May 2020

SAULE OMAROVA: My entire academic career has been centered around this issue of how to ensure that our financial system is stable, effective and efficient. So that implicates a lot of questions. The deeper I dig into the financial system and financial regulation, the more I realize that what it really is about is the social function of finance. Do we have the financial system that is basically serving the needs of the real economy? Serving the needs of the American people, as it should, or do we have a financial system that is essentially over-bloated, self-referential, self-serving and focused more on speculative investment kind of activity? That problem permeates all of my scholarship. It keeps coming up in a variety of guises, in a variety of contexts. So throughout my academic career, I looked at the variety of issues. For example, derivatives markets. Why is the big bank institutions allowed to play in essentially gambling type derivatives markets? Then I looked at big banks getting into physical commodity trading, like oil and gas and metals training and what kind of stability implications that had. Recently I've been thinking more about the underlying narrative of finance as a primarily, if not purely private enterprise, where private market factors, private investors, private lenders make decisions about how to allocate capital credit, where that money goes and what that money finances.

SAULE OMAROVA: The public is relegated to that backbench sort of spectator role, right? Or when the crisis hits, we become suddenly the janitor. Right? We come in and we sweet up all the dust and all the dirt, right? But we're never allowed to sit at the table when the decisions are made up front with respect to where the money should go. This in my view is the core of many, many problems in today's finance and the real economy. Today's crisis, the COVID crisis that we're going through, actually is bringing those structural imbalances and problems right to the fore. So that's why right now, I'm refocused again on this idea for a new type of an institution, The National Investment that would actually try to correct some of these balances from within the market.

There's both a good results answer and a bad results answer to this.

The good results answer is it makes it easier to protect any POTUS in general. The location and logistics are not dynamic in nature.

The bad results answer is the Secret Service will probably insist on using set ups like this more because Biden is an open security nightmare. First, while any sitting POTUS gets threats in general, there's the issue of the Southern Border crisis and Afghanistan and COVID19 and the economy, which Biden has royally screwed up. So his threat profile changes the more this administration tanks. Second, it's been shown several times that Biden appears lost and doesn't know how to correctly "stage" in and out of some events. The Secret Service is caught in the middle. They are also obligated to try, as much as possible, to protect Biden's image, as he is the sitting Commander In Chief. So they can't herd him around, but he moves slow, stumbles, rambles and wanders around.

This creates all kinds of security considerations and conflicts. He doesn't move well and has shown massive decline physically. There are fair questions about his cognitive agency as well.

If a person can't walk or be mobile on their own while under threat, then you have to carry them. What choice is there? The only other option is to have access points to get a "hard car" on scene near enough to exfiltrate. But those kind of access points create other rippling security concerns.

Biden ( or more likely the secret cabal that runs him) decides where he goes. The Secret Service cannot tell him where he can go or not go. But they can only secure the conditions of his pathway.

The good thing is any protocol that makes the sitting POTUS safer is generally a positive result.

The bad thing is our sitting POTUS should present "strength" to our foreign allies and our foreign enemies, and that's not happening, Biden makes America look weak, and that is a negative result.

GordonGekko said:
There's both a good results answer and a bad results answer to this.

The good results answer is it makes it easier to protect any POTUS in general. The location and logistics are not dynamic in nature.

The bad results answer is the Secret Service will probably insist on using set ups like this more because Biden is an open security nightmare. First, while any sitting POTUS gets threats in general, there's the issue of the Southern Border crisis and Afghanistan and COVID19 and the economy, which Biden has royally screwed up. So his threat profile changes the more this administration tanks. Second, it's been shown several times that Biden appears lost and doesn't know how to correctly "stage" in and out of some events. The Secret Service is caught in the middle. They are also obligated to try, as much as possible, to protect Biden's image, as he is the sitting Commander In Chief. So they can't herd him around, but he moves slow, stumbles, rambles and wanders around.

This creates all kinds of security considerations and conflicts. He doesn't move well and has shown massive decline physically. There are fair questions about his cognitive agency as well.

If a person can't walk or be mobile on their own while under threat, then you have to carry them. What choice is there? The only other option is to have access points to get a "hard car" on scene near enough to exfiltrate. But those kind of access points create other rippling security concerns.

Biden ( or more likely the secret cabal that runs him) decides where he goes. The Secret Service cannot tell him where he can go or not go. But they can only secure the conditions of his pathway.

The good thing is any protocol that makes the sitting POTUS safer is generally a positive result.

The bad thing is our sitting POTUS should present "strength" to our foreign allies and our foreign enemies, and that's not happening, Biden makes America look weak, and that is a negative result.
This is an interesting theory for sure and makes more sense than other ideas thrown out here. 

Users who are viewing this thread