What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst airport you've ever spent time in (1 Viewer)

Locals love it.   IMO it's one of the worst airports in the US.   Reasons:

- only 4/5 gates per area, and each has its own security, which means the food options past security suck ballz 

- TSA precheck has weird rules, so you have to take stuff out of your bag (laptops, liquids).   Which defeats the whole purpose of precheck

- rental car requires a shuttle, and while it should be a short ride, for whatever reason I always end up sitting and waiting for what seems like ages to get the damn shuttle

On the plus side, they are building a new KC airport.  Thank god.
We have our airport the way it is on purpose.

We don’t want any of you people moving here and jacking up our awesome hidden jewel of a city.

Not a fan of Chicago Midway if connecting with a family.  Very crowded, not too many good food or beer options, have to sit on dirty carpet before boarding as there aren't enough chairs.  
This one is mine as well.  I hated it in the 90's when I traveled more on business.  Came through about a year ago connecting from CUN with my wife and it was terrible.  Literally our anniversary dinner was sitting on the floor eating a hot dog waiting for our connection.  On the bright side the rest of our group connected through Miami, and they missed their connection and got to spend another night away from home.

Another vote for Heathrow.

Last fall, we were flying in on British Airways with a 1.75 hour buffer to catch flight to LAX. 

So we land 30 minutes early (Yee haw!), pull up to the gate and the captain announces that there isn't anyone with a key to this gate.

So we sit...and sit...and sit.. for 45 minutes.

Everyone finally rushes off onto the tarmac (not the terminal) and and instead of letting the people with connecting flights go first, it's random order into the first bus. We finally clear customs and security check and run to the gate (as someone said above, it's like rats in a really long maze). The good news is that we just made the LAX flight.

I'm not sure who to blame between BA and Heathrow airport, probably both deserve some.

Mr. Mojo said:
Another vote for Heathrow.

Last fall, we were flying in on British Airways with a 1.75 hour buffer to catch flight to LAX. 

So we land 30 minutes early (Yee haw!), pull up to the gate and the captain announces that there isn't anyone with a key to this gate.

So we sit...and sit...and sit.. for 45 minutes.

Everyone finally rushes off onto the tarmac (not the terminal) and and instead of letting the people with connecting flights go first, it's random order into the first bus. We finally clear customs and security check and run to the gate (as someone said above, it's like rats in a really long maze). The good news is that we just made the LAX flight.

I'm not sure who to blame between BA and Heathrow airport, probably both deserve some.
That's just silly when you're dealing with customs. Any delay on the inbound and you're screwed.

Sitting in Berlin Tegel. It's not so much awful as it is woefully inadequate. Built during the cold war to handle 2 million passengers a year, and now does 10 times that many.  Each individual gate has it's own security less than 20 steps from the drop off, which sounds great. Except once through, each gate is its own secure zone, with a single ####ty coffee shop and tiny bathroom. Not horrible if things run on time, but brutal if there are delays and the gates get overcrowded and overheated (no AC).

Tegel was supposed to close like 7 years ago, but the new Berlin airport never opened. A fascinating read if you're interested in monumental screwups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Providenciales in Turks and Caicos.  Security line that took a couple of hours to go through, and crowded, small terminal with not enough seating.

Big US airports it has been and remains Newark. Total ####. Hey let’s funnel everyone down a single file hallway to a crap restaurant and some portapotties. 

your joking on the portapotties, right?
Not really. Was just there 2 weeks ago and in Terminal A once you pass security they have these large temporary structures that are bathrooms. They only have probably 10 urinals in the main men’s room there for all the gates there so it is just disgusting so I guess this is the solution. 

The General said:
Not really. Was just there 2 weeks ago and in Terminal A once you pass security they have these large temporary structures that are bathrooms. They only have probably 10 urinals in the main men’s room there for all the gates there so it is just disgusting so I guess this is the solution. 
I won't enter one of those even to urinate.  I puke upon entering.  weak stomach big time.

Not a fan of Chicago Midway if connecting with a family.  Very crowded, not too many good food or beer options, have to sit on dirty carpet before boarding as there aren't enough chairs.  
Well well well.....looks like I'm not alone in my disdain for Chicago Midway:  

Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) only has one lounge — a USO center — and a relatively bare-bones smattering of restaurants and other services despite a $75 million renovation. It’s also a place you shouldn’t expect a flight to go out on time — only Boston Logan (BOS) and the New York City hubs do worse — and is not all that convenient to downtown Chicago for an airport that’s actually within the city.

Speaking of New York, its major airports “won” the trifecta of the worst US airports last year, but only LaGuardia (last year’s second-worst) was in the new bottom 10 this year (No. 45 — and remember that we expanded the list a lot, so it’s not an apples-to-apples comparison). Previous last-place airport New York-JFK is now No. 22 and Newark Liberty (EWR) No. 34. What happened?

In a word, lounges. Our increased emphasis on amenities meant that JFK’s 23 lounges — more than any other airport could boast — and Newark’s respectable 13 lounges offset both airports’ terrible records of on-time flights and painful commute times.

Austrian Airlines delayed flights, missed connections in Vienna both ways on a round trip. Worst airport experience of my life and I travel a lot. Rudest staff, totally devoid of any compassion or customer service, just horrible people all around. It's also a very boring and confusing airport with nothing to do if you are stuck there for hours.

Vienna is a beautiful, amazing city. Austrian Airlines is terrible. First and last time I will ever use them. 

The creator of that report really hates FL airports.  Orlando, Southwest FL airport, and Fort Lauderdale all were ranked low.

I strongly disagree on two of them (haven't flown to/from Orlando yet).
Just flew through Orlando in June.   Wasn't bad at all compared to many other airports.  

Users who are viewing this thread