What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Soccer book readers' thread (1 Viewer)

Kafka

Footballguy
Solely for those of us interested in brushing up on the esteemed history of the World's Greatest Game.  This is serious... sycophants only.

Are there any good books on greatest teams of all time? Also anything on early history of the game? I have a nephew who has really gotten into the game's past.

Mea Culpa...I "started" this thread at Sinn Fein's behest... poor on my part, but maybe that mick can give you better referrals...

Ok, seriously..

I'd recommend "The Italian Job"...it's an interesting comparison between English & Italian football culture/coaching, written by an Italian residing in England.  Worth the read, imuo...

I'm currently reading Soccer in Sun and Shadow by Eduardo Galeano.  Almost the exact opposite, in reading terms, of Inverting the Pyramid.
I loved Soccer in Sun and Shadow.  Great read!

If people are looking for an easy read that really submerses you into the Italian soccer scene, I would highly recommend The Miracle of Castle Di Sangro.  Joe McGinniss, the author, nailed every part of this book.

I assume everyone has Fever Pitch, right?  I have 10-20 tactical coaching books.  Those do come in handy for game prep sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread