What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AD's mock draft central. - Post FA Luke Warm Take! (1 Viewer)

Andy Dufresne

Footballguy
1. Ten - Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss

2. Cle - Joey Bosa DE Ohio State

3. SD - Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame

4. Dal - DeForest Buckner DE Oregon

5. Jax - Myles Jack OLB UCLA

6. Balt - Jalen Ramsey CB Florida State

7. SF - Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss

8. Mia - Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson

9. TB - Shaq Lawson DE Clemson

10. NYG - Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma State

11. Chi - Andrew Billings, DT Baylor

12. NO - A'Shawn Robinson DT Alabama

13. Phi - Taylor Decker OT Ohio State

14. Oak - Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio State

15. LA - Jared Goff QB California

16. Det - Vernon Hargreaves III CB Florida

17. Atl - Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama

18. Ind - Shon Coleman OT Auburn

19. Buf - Jarran Reed DT Alabama

20. NYJ - Noah Spence OLB Eastern Kentucky

21. Wash - Corey Coleman WR Baylor

22. Hou - Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State

23. Min - Darron Lee OLB Ohio State

24. Cin - Michael Thomas WR Ohio State

25. Pit - Kendall Fuller CB Virginia Tech

26. Sea - Eli Apple, CB OSU

27. GB - Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia

28. KC - Jack Conklin OT Michigan State

29. Ne - x

30. AZ - Jonathan Allen DE Alabama

31. Den - Kenny Clark DT UCLA

32. Car - Jonathan Bullard DE Florida

1. Ten - Jaylon Smith OLB Notre Dame

2 Cle - Paxton Lynch QB Memphis

3. SD - Josh Doctson WR TCU

4. Dal - Connor Cook QB Michigan State

5. Jax - Jason Spriggs OT Indiana

6. Balt - Adolphus Washington DT Ohio State

7. SF - Hunter Henry TE Arkansas

8. Mia - Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan State

9. TB - Will Fuller WR Notre Dame

10. NYG - Scooby Wright III ILB Arizona Jr

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like defensive linemen, this is the draft form you.

Shoot, if you like DEFENSE this is the draft for you.

If you like defensive linemen, this is the draft form you.

Shoot, if you like DEFENSE this is the draft for you.
Good. If the Panthers don't go DE/CB in the 1st, I will be upset. Getting Benjamin back is like getting a 1st round WR, so I want them going DE/CB. I don't foresee any "special" player at another position falling to them, so DE/CB is my hope. I think I would go DE first, which can hide depth at CB. Benwikere was playing well and maybe he is healthy for the start of the season, so we could go FA for another CB. I am assuming we sign Norman since we should have plenty of cap space for that.

I like your thinking but I'd bet on Cleveland taking a QB, probably Goff but maybe Lynch.

Paxton at 2.02 would be surprising.

Tunsil is a good need pick for Tennessee and MM needs the help, but Bosa might be too good to pass on.

I like your thinking but I'd bet on Cleveland taking a QB, probably Goff but maybe Lynch.

Paxton at 2.02 would be surprising.

Tunsil is a good need pick for Tennessee and MM needs the help, but Bosa might be too good to pass on.
Yes, Goff could easily go @2. It's a strange year in that teams at the top aren't all scrambling for a QB.Certainly it's between Tunsil and Bosa for #1.

There's no way in Hell the Redskins will draft a WR in the first round. They need line help on both sides of the ball.

Same with San Diego, they need OL and have decent weapons already.

There's no way in Hell the Redskins will draft a WR in the first round. They need line help on both sides of the ball.

Congrats. You earn the first virtual face punch.I'll copy/paste from another site

Wide Receiver - You can argue all you want about the need at this position, but with two receivers about to turn 30, and no size above 6' amongst last season's starters, it is very much a glaring one. Add in the salary of Garcon and Jackson, and you have a very good chance one of the two will not be here next season. The position is in desperate need of an infusion of size, youth and physicality - not to mention a cheaper annual salary.
And the Chargers have Allen and...nobody. And besides, I had them take Stanley in the first.

Congrats. You earn the first virtual face punch.I'll copy/paste from another site

Wide Receiver - You can argue all you want about the need at this position, but with two receivers about to turn 30, and no size above 6' amongst last season's starters, it is very much a glaring one. Add in the salary of Garcon and Jackson, and you have a very good chance one of the two will not be here next season. The position is in desperate need of an infusion of size, youth and physicality - not to mention a cheaper annual salary.
And the Chargers have Allen and...nobody. And besides, I had them take Stanley in the first.
It just doesn't seem like McCloughan's strategy, though. They will likely retain Jackson, and have Crowder + a stable of TEs coming back next year. After shoring up one side of the line last year, it feels like he's going to do the same thing again for the other side. I understand the whole 'draft BPA instead of need', but given the way Green Bay shoved them around last week the defense has to be a priority over "wants".

I only mentioned San Diego because you gave them Doctson in the 2nd. Stevie Johnson is no slouch and they still (currently...) have both Gates and Green. Add in the best receiving RB and now I'm talking about wants vs needs again. The OL was so pathetically bad that they should be going there twice.

Minor correction.

In the second round Cleveland and Tennessee swap positions so the Browns hold the first pick of the second round and the Titans hold the second pick of the second round.

It just doesn't seem like McCloughan's strategy, though. They will likely retain Jackson, and have Crowder + a stable of TEs coming back next year. After shoring up one side of the line last year, it feels like he's going to do the same thing again for the other side. I understand the whole 'draft BPA instead of need', but given the way Green Bay shoved them around last week the defense has to be a priority over "wants".

I only mentioned San Diego because you gave them Doctson in the 2nd. Stevie Johnson is no slouch and they still (currently...) have both Gates and Green. Add in the best receiving RB and now I'm talking about wants vs needs again. The OL was so pathetically bad that they should be going there twice.
Woodhead is a 31 year old RB, Gates turns 36. Johnson 30 and has fewer than 500 yards receiving each of the last two years. They have somewhat more glaring needs, but it's not like WR is a strength here.

First QB off the board at 15? Keep dreaming
Just came to write this same thing. No chance Goff slips to 15. He likely goes #2 to Cleve, or at the very least to Dallas. If he somehow fell to 10, teams would be trading up to get him.

Just came to write this same thing. No chance Goff slips to 15. He likely goes #2 to Cleve, or at the very least to Dallas. If he somehow fell to 10, teams would be trading up to get him.
Which teams would those be? If he does get by Dallas, and he certainly could, there's only a couple teams in the teens that need one and teams in the 20's aren't trading up to 10.He's good, but not a sure thing.

Which teams would those be?He's good, but not a sure thing.
Cleveland may move back up into the 1st again, Dallas could make a move, etc. Anyone could if the #1 QB is sitting there at 15. Hell, I bet Philly may even take a shot at him if they franchise Bradford.

QB is becoming more and more important as the years go by. This isn't a strong class, but this isn't the worst QB class we've seen. In the last 15 years there's only been one draft where a QB didn't go in the top 3 picks, so to say the top qb goes 15th is crazy.

Cleveland may move back up into the 1st again, Dallas could make a move, etc. Anyone could if the #1 QB is sitting there at 15. Hell, I bet Philly may even take a shot at him if they franchise Bradford.

QB is becoming more and more important as the years go by. This isn't a strong class, but this isn't the worst QB class we've seen. In the last 15 years there's only been one draft where a QB didn't go in the top 3 picks, so to say the top qb goes 15th is crazy.
You think that Cleveland would try to move up from the #33 pick to #15?

It's not me that's dreaming.

Anyway, I already said that Goff could go #2. But if he doesn't go to Dallas at #4, there's not many teams in position to stop a slide.

I'm giving hypothetical situations. There's also a chance Dallas or Cleve move BACK a few spots to get him if there's a feeling he could slip to 10.

One year in the last 15 of a qb slipping out of top 3 and you're putting the first one off at #15. The guy is going top 5... 10 max. Not sure if you even believe he's going 15 or are just fishing for a debate on that.

Which teams would those be? If he does get by Dallas, and he certainly could, there's only a couple teams in the teens that need one and teams in the 20's aren't trading up to 10.He's good, but not a sure thing.
Would be shocked if Chip let him slide past 7 if he makes it to him. Also, if he somehow slips to 10, the Giants, Bears, or Saints could all scoop him and groom him as their future QB. The mock looks okay besides that, but that seems to be a major blunder watching him play and seeing the needs of the teams and following the way that QBs have been drafted over the last 15 years.

I'm giving hypothetical situations. There's also a chance Dallas or Cleve move BACK a few spots to get him if there's a feeling he could slip to 10.

One year in the last 15 of a qb slipping out of top 3 and you're putting the first one off at #15. The guy is going top 5... 10 max. Not sure if you even believe he's going 15 or are just fishing for a debate on that.
No, I'm just not projecting trades. Before the 49ers hired Kelly, I had him put there.

Look, he should go to the Browns but...it's the Browns.

And as much as Jerrah will bluster about planning for the future, I can't see him taking Goff while thinking he has one more chance with Romo if he takes an elite talent at #4.

No, I'm just not projecting trades. Before the 49ers hired Kelly, I had him put there.
Chip is obsessed with Pac 12 players. I don't think Kap is an automatic shoe in for Chip's offense. Wouldn't be surprised if he cut him or had him as his backup next year, especially with a shot at Goff. I don't think there's any way Goff slips to #7 anyways. Dallas would be ecstatic to get him at their spot but Cleveland won't let him by.

And it would take some stones for anyone to take NDSU's Wentz, but as an alumni I really want to see it happen. And the kid has some good skills.

I think Wentz is the best QB in the draft.

Curious as why you have Dallas going DE? Appreciate the effort these take and always enjoy checking them out.

And it would take some stones for anyone to take NDSU's Wentz, but as an alumni I really want to see it happen. And the kid has some good skills.
An alumni myself. Got to see him play in Texas last week. The kids the real deal. A winner strong arm 4.0 gpa. Hes going to make some team very happy.

I think Wentz is the best QB in the draft.

Curious as why you have Dallas going DE? Appreciate the effort these take and always enjoy checking them out.
I expect them to move on from Hardy and a rotation of Lawrence, Buckner, Gregory would be hell on wheels.

Raider Nation would freak out if one of those top corners slipped to them, and they passed, although they would simultaneously be stoked for Elliot (although the Tweets write themselves: WHY NOT TAKE CB IN THE FIRST AND DERRICK HENRY IN THE SECOND?!?!??!?!?!). And really, I'll take any CB on my team named Vernon Hargreaves III.

Good mock. When in doubt, push the OTs, DEs, and pass-rushing DTs to the top.

By the same token, positions that historically slide: Tweeners (like Ramsey, maybe) down, as well as 3-4 DE like Buckner, and NT-types. Ragland I wouldn't be surprised to see slip out of the 1st, either.

Honestly, I'd be praying (in vain, most likely) for KC to pick Lynch if he fell that far.

On a more realistic front, KC seems to be a pretty popular destination for Conklin in a lot of mocks I've read through. Wouldn't be opposed to that pick, although it seems like he'd fit better as a G in the NFL. RT is probably our weakest spot right now on the OL, so I'd prefer we take a 'true' OT. Germain Ifedi, maybe? CB would also be in play if we can't retain Sean Smith, which seems very likely.

Think you nailed the SF with Treadwell. Just hope he lasts until 7th. Too bad they "won" their last game to go from 4th to 7th.

Going to be hard to not take a QB at 4 if the Cowboys rate one high enough. That said I'm coming around to signing RG3 and using free agency to reinforce the offensive skill positions while taking a stud defensive player in the 1st and BPA from there.

If Lions take a CB over a DL, I won't be happy. I just don't think CB is a first round level need unless we are really talking about the clear best player available. I'm not sure there is a CB at that level available in the teens.

I don't know enough yet. Is MThonas an answer to the Bengals slot problem or is he a Marvin Jones walks replacement?

If Lions take a CB over a DL, I won't be happy. I just don't think CB is a first round level need unless we are really talking about the clear best player available. I'm not sure there is a CB at that level available in the teens.
There might be three corners selected top 10, one of them Hargreaves.

:thumbup:

Pittsburgh WANTS a cornerback. They will NOT reach for one.

He will have to bring some serious talent. Not just the "next guy on the list".

If that's the case they will go for a larger athlete with serious talent at almost any position.

Nice job on the mock Andy. The Raiders running game was just ok this year so getting someone like Elliot would surly help the run game and take some pressure off of Carr.

Andy thanks for doing this! always a good read when you make this list every year.

Giants - Reese needs to make a splash with this #10 pick in the first round, and he cannot afford a 'miss' like taking another Sean Gilbert or an overrated J. Clowney type.. the absolute safest pick is Zeke Elliott. Giants need a RB just as much,if not more, than they need defensive help..you can't get a RB like Elliott in free agency,but you can get LB/DE/DT's and use the draft to fill out those remaining spots.

Elliott does everything really well, including being the best pass-blocking RB in college..

the one thing this offense is lacking,is a strong running game to gobble up the yards,chew up the clock, get first downs, increase productivity within the redzone, etc.

Elliott is a perfect fit for this offense, a piece that will complete the puzzle. they'll need to address a WR2 in the draft or free agency, but get the ground game going and that will solve a lot of problems with the Giants.

If Reese misses on DE/DT , he's toast. when you have a 'can't miss' prospect like Elliott, you jump on it..

If Jalen Ramsey is on the board for the Jags, I'm not sure there's any way they can pass up on him. They need a free safety who's an impact player in the secondary badly.

Jags need LB help but really need a MLB to replace Poz. From what I've read, Myles Jack is projected as more of a weak-side LB which they already have with Telvin.

It's about that time where the pendulum will swing back to a focus on the running game.

If Murray can go over 1k in Oakland then Elliot would be a star.

Of course he'd look great in Giants blue.

If Jalen Ramsey is on the board for the Jags, I'm not sure there's any way they can pass up on him. They need a free safety who's an impact player in the secondary badly.

Jags need LB help but really need a MLB to replace Poz. From what I've read, Myles Jack is projected as more of a weak-side LB which they already have with Telvin.
I had Ramsey there for a long time but then I saw too many other mocks with it and I thought it'd be boring to just copy it.Jack is a stud and I think he could be used in quite a few spots.

I should always start with my caveat...

My viewpoint on the purpose of mock drafts has evolved and is different than most who put them together and read them.

I think it's not too useful to think they're actually going to predict anything. Someone with those powers is playing the stock market or PowerBall.

I think mock drafts are really only for talking about teams' weaknesses and philosophies and then to discuss the new prospects and their relative draft position.

Talking teams helps fans get a broader understanding of other franchises. Talking players and their draft positions helps fans get to know guys that might go lower than expected and aren't the pro prospect they thought or go higher and be the "whoa, I didn't know that guy was so good" type.

It's why I put Jack and Buckner so high, Lynch so low, and included Eli Apple (as a few examples).

Users who are viewing this thread