What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AD's mock draft central. - Post FA Luke Warm Take! (1 Viewer)

The Bucs traded back in 2012 to draft Barron with the 7th pick over Luke Kuechly. Then Lovie trades Barron away to start Chris Conte. How do some of these guys even get jobs?

Overall, great first draft.

I'd say that the worst pick there is the Oakland pick. They already have Murray and don't need an RB in the first. I'd bet they go Defense or Offensive line.

As a Steelers fan I love the Kendall Fuller pick, but they never take CBs in the first... much to my sadness. I wouldn't be shocked if they went D-line, OLB, or TE in the first.

Also, I think that HOU takes Elliott if he's still there and takes Hackenberg in the 2nd. He's O'Brien's guy.

I'd say that the worst pick there is the Oakland pick. They already have Murray and don't need an RB in the first. I'd bet they go Defense or Offensive line.

As a Steelers fan I love the Kendall Fuller pick, but they never take CBs in the first... much to my sadness. I wouldn't be shocked if they went D-line, OLB, or TE in the first.

Also, I think that HOU takes Elliott if he's still there and takes Hackenberg in the 2nd. He's O'Brien's guy.
IMO Latavius Murray is just a guy. Someone like Elliot would be a boost to Carr and Cooper and would help mask their deficient defense by enabling more ball control.No doubt, though, there are several players for them to choose from that would help.

IMO Latavius Murray is just a guy. Someone like Elliot would be a boost to Carr and Cooper and would help mask their deficient defense by enabling more ball control.No doubt, though, there are several players for them to choose from that would help.
Elliot would make that offense pretty darn scary that's for sure.

Obviously there is a lot of time between here and the draft though. If they have a strong FA period then, sure, Elliot would be a great addition. But as things stand now they are desperate for help at CB (and safety but there are not many, if any, round one prospects at either FS or SS) and Donald Penn is still a free agent. If those positions are not addressed in FA then it is very difficult to imagine them not going in either of those directions at 14.

Elliot would make that offense pretty darn scary that's for sure.

Obviously there is a lot of time between here and the draft though. If they have a strong FA period then, sure, Elliot would be a great addition. But as things stand now they are desperate for help at CB (and safety but there are not many, if any, round one prospects at either FS or SS) and Donald Penn is still a free agent. If those positions are not addressed in FA then it is very difficult to imagine them not going in either of those directions at 14.
FWIW, it seems the same logic would have applied to the Rams last year.

Not that any team should seek to emulate the Rams.

As a Packer fan I would hope they would draft inside linebacker, T.E. inside linebacker, Tackle, W.R. They need an inside linebacking presence and need to get Clay Mathews back to the outside. They need a T.E. that can stress the middle of the field.

I have zero quarrel with your projection. Ted Thompson doesn't care for my hopes, he drafts whoever he wants with no regard for my thoughts. One thing. If you end up projecting the full second round don't discount Thompson's propensity to go to Directional (East, Central, North, South) schools or Division II programs.
Agree...but if they lose Perry, don't keep Neal or Peppers...they need OLB too.

And more help at OLB...means they can keep moving Matthews around as a hybrid which may increase his effectiveness.

And :lmao: at the truth of the directional approach.

Occasionally teams don't draft a player that fills their top need. Sometimes they take the best player available.

Last edited by a moderator:
massraider said:
steelers1080 said:

Occasionally teams don't draft a player that fills their top need. Sometimes they take the best player available.
True, that's what the Steelers do every year.

And the Colts last year... Some teams do it better than others.

I think Wentz is the best QB in the draft.

Curious as why you have Dallas going DE? Appreciate the effort these take and always enjoy checking them out.
I expect them to move on from Hardy and a rotation of Lawrence, Buckner, Gregory would be hell on wheels.
I wasn't up on Buckner so watched some.

He looks to me like a 5 tech, not a DE in a 4-3. I am now confident he will NOT be a Cowboy. Lots of 3-4 teams early in the draft, he will go fast.

So, I agree on talent just not scheme fit.

Bankerguy said:
I think Wentz is the best QB in the draft.

Curious as why you have Dallas going DE? Appreciate the effort these take and always enjoy checking them out.
I expect them to move on from Hardy and a rotation of Lawrence, Buckner, Gregory would be hell on wheels.
I wasn't up on Buckner so watched some.

He looks to me like a 5 tech, not a DE in a 4-3. I am now confident he will NOT be a Cowboy. Lots of 3-4 teams early in the draft, he will go fast.

So, I agree on talent just not scheme fit.
I was thinking more strong side on 1st and 2nd, moving inside on passing downs with Gregory taking the field.

Okay, so both Goff and Wentz are going top 10. Maybe even top 4.
True. Not sure if either of them are truly Top 5 (10) NFL talent but Cleveland, Dallas maybe San Francisco maybe San Diego all could make an argument to grab them if available.

How are the OT's in this draft? Any solid ones likely to be available at the end of the first round? Because if so, I don't see any way Denver doesn't go that route. Elway has gone defense with his first pick in every draft since he took over. They started last season with Sambraillo and Garcia, but the O Line overhaul has to continue in the 2016 draft. Any quality centers available at that spot would be in play as well assuming there are no tackles that present solid value.

From what I can tell, it seems like a down year for OTs.

Conklin (Michigan St) or Decker (Ohio St) are possible mid-late first rounders...or they could go much later.

After them it seems pretty iffy.

I changed my mind about the Steelers.

They should take Jaylen Smith if he falls (ILB, Notre Dame). He's a truly talented player and I think they go BPA even though it doesn't seem like a need. Also, they draft linebackers or O-linemen in every first round (at least it seems that way).

I'd be shocked and happy as hell if Apple, Kendall Fuller, or Hunter Henry fell to the Steelers in the 2nd, but I doubt that happens unless there's some big combine risers.

The only sure thing I know is at least 2 qb's will be sliding up the draft board and touted as the next great prospect only to bust.

Most likely there will end up being only one or two at most that even become viable,long term starters. I assume 5-6 will go in the first couple of rounds?

steelers1080 said:
I changed my mind about the Steelers.

They should take Jaylen Smith if he falls (ILB, Notre Dame). He's a truly talented player and I think they go BPA even though it doesn't seem like a need. Also, they draft linebackers or O-linemen in every first round (at least it seems that way).

I'd be shocked and happy as hell if Apple, Kendall Fuller, or Hunter Henry fell to the Steelers in the 2nd, but I doubt that happens unless there's some big combine risers.
Me, I'd love to see the Packers be able to get Smith, if his health checks out. I am reluctant to grab a guy in the first round with a recent major injury. That route has turned out poorly for the Packers in the past. (I'm looking at you Justin Harrel). Still, the upside of talent and the confluence with need would have me very enthusiastic. Of course I realistically do not see him sliding so far and if he did I would probably worry that the teams that let him slide knew something ted Thompson didn't.

Super Bowl is done.

The final draft order is set,

The Combine is coming up soon.

Who is going to take the next swing at a mock draft?

I think I've got it queued up. I went three rounds but I'm not comfortable with mid-second on.

And there are just too many good defensive players in this draft. I start filling in the 2nd and I say "Wait, what's HE doing here?"

1. Ten - Laremy Tunsil OT - Ole Miss

2. Cle - Jared Goff QB - California

3. SD - DeForest Buckner DE - Oregon

4. Dal - Joey Bosa DE - Ohio State

5. Jax - Jalen Ramsey CB - Florida State

6. Bal - Ronnie Stanley OT - Notre Dame

7. SF - Carson Wentz QB - North Dakota State

8. MIA - Myles Jack OLB - UCLA

9. TB - Noah Spence OLB - Eastern Kentucky

10. NYG - Robert Nkemdiche DT - Ole Miss

11. Chi - Leonard Floyd OLB - Georgia

12. NO - Laquon Treadwell WR - Ole Miss

13. Phi - Vernon Hargreaves III CB - Florida

14. Oak - Reggie Ragland ILB - Alabama

15. LA - Paxton Lynch QB - Memphis

16. Det - Andrew Billings DT - Baylor

17. Atl - A'Shawn Robinson DT - Alabama

18. Ind - Taylor Decker OT - Ohio State

19. Buf - Shaq Lawson DE - Clemson

20. NYJ - Ezekiel Elliott RB - Ohio State

21. Was - Sheldon Rankins DT - Louisville

22. Hou - Corey Coleman WR - Baylor

23. Pit - Eli Apple CB - Ohio State

24. Sea - Emmanuel Ogbah DE - Oklahoma State

25. GB - Jaylon Smith OLB - Notre Dame

26. KC - Mackensie Alexander CB - Clemson

27. Min - Darian Thompson FS - Boise State

28. NEx - -

29. Cin - Michael Thomas WR - Ohio State

30. Ari - Darron Lee OLB - Ohio State

31. Car - Jack Conklin OT - Michigan State

32. Den - Jason Spriggs OT - Indiana

33. Cle - Jonathan Bullard DE - Florida

34. Ten - Jarran Reed DT - Alabama

35. Dal - Josh Doctson WR - TCU

36. SD - Sterling Shepard WR - Oklahoma

37. Bal - Kevin Dodd DE - Clemson

38. SF - Tyler Boyd WR - Pittsburgh

39. Jax - Ryan Kelly C - Alabama

40. TB - Shon Coleman OT - Auburn

41. NYG - Kenneth Dixon RB - Louisiana Tech

42. Chi - Jihad Ward DE - Illinois

43. Mia - Cody Whitehair OG - Kansas State

44. LA - Kendall Fuller CB - Virginia Tech

45. Oak - Jeremy Cash SS - Duke

46. LA - Shilique Calhoun DE - Michigan State

47. Det - Germain Ifedi OT - Texas A&M

48. NO - Kenny Clark DT - UCLA

49. Ind - Joshua Perry OLB - Ohio State

50. Buf - Jerald Hawkins OT - LSU

51. Atl - Hunter Henry TE - Arkansas

52. NYJ - Kentrell Brothers ILB - Missouri

53. Hou - Connor Cook QB - Michigan State

54. Was - Will Fuller WR - Notre Dame

55. Min - Leonte Carroo WR - Rutgers

56. Cin - Vernon Butler DT - Louisiana Tech

57. Sea - William Jackson III CB - Houston

58. GB - Braxton Miller WR - Ohio State

59. Pit - Adolphus Washington DT - Ohio State

60. KC - Scooby Wright III ILB - Arizona

61. NE - Alex Collins RB - Arkansas

62. Ari - Christian Hackenberg QB - Penn State

63. Car - Derrick Henry RB - Alabama

64. Den - Nick Vannett TE - Ohio State

64. Ten - Vonn Bell SS - Ohio State

65. Cle - Pharoh Cooper WR - South Carolina

66. SD - Kenny Lawler WR - California

67. Dal - Karl Joseph SS - West Virginia

68. SF - Vadal Alexander OG - LSU

69. Jax - Carl Nassib DE - Penn State

70. Bal - Jalen Mills FS - LSU

71. NYG - Kyler Fackrell OLB - Utah State

72. Chi - Devontae Booker RB - Utah

73. Mia - Su'a Cravens OLB - Southern California

74. TB - Artie Burns CB - Miami (Fla.)

75. Oak - Will Redmond CB - Mississippi State

76. LA - Austin Johnson DT - Penn State

77. Phi - Jerald Hawkins OT - LSU

78. NO - De'Runnya Wilson WR - Mississippi State

79. Phi - Dak Prescott QB - Mississippi State

80. Buf - Rashard Higgins WR - Colorado State

81. Atl - Kamalei Correa OLB - Boise State

82. Ind - Christian Westerman OG - Arizona State

83. NYJ - Austin Hooper TE - Stanford

84. Was - Bronson Kaufusi DE - Brigham Young

85. hou - Sheldon Day DT - Notre Dame

86. Min - Nick Martin OG - Notre Dame

87. Cin - Tyler Matakevich ILB - Temple

88. GB - Paul Perkins RB - UCLA

89. Pit - Landon Turner OG - North Carolina

90. Sea - Jack Allen C - Michigan State

91. KC - Aaron Burbridge WR - Michigan State

92. NE - Spencer Drango OG - Baylor

93. Ari - Jordan Jenkins OLB - Georgia

95. Car - Paul McRoberts WR - Southeast Missouri State

94. Den - Joe Haeg OT - North Dakota State

Help me out since I'm on my phone. What post number was this?

It was post 131.

Really like this updated draft. As a Steelers fan I think they'd go BPA instead of picking for need, and BPA I think would be Jaylon Smith even with the injury. Also, they love drafting LBs.

And in the 3rd I would be ecstatic if Nick Martin fell 2 more spots to us, but I doubt he will.

Interesting that you had HOU passing on Hackenberg, I'm not sure they would.

Is Vannett a reach at the end of the 2nd for Denver who will have other pressing needs with some lost FAs?

Glad you didn't have Braxton Miller in the first, seems like a huge leap of faith many mock drafters are going with.

And Su'a in the 3rd? I don't know much about the kid, just that some people are mock drafting him in the first round. Wondered why the difference in grade.

Good Job Andy. The Raiders have a lot of needs on defense and you covered some of those in this mock. The Raiders biggest needs are ILB, S, CB, and OL. You slotted a ILB, S, and CB to the Raiders in Ragland ILB, Cash S, and Redmond CB.

Good Job Andy. The Raiders have a lot of needs on defense and you covered some of those in this mock. The Raiders biggest needs are ILB, S, CB, and OL. You slotted a ILB, S, and CB to the Raiders in Ragland ILB, Cash S, and Redmond CB.
That would be another extremely solid draft for the Raiders, possibly starting a new trend for them of actually drafting well.

Much better... glad you came to your senses on the QB situation.

Not sure I see Buckner going at 3 though.

Good work, but not sure I like the Panther picks. Not saying it can't happen, just don't like them. From what I have read it seems like Spriggs is the better pass blocker with edge rushers, so I'd rather get him. We need a RT to replace Remmers, he sucked balls last night. I also don't like Henry at all. I trust in Gettleman and I would think he'd rather take one of the DE/DT you have at the top of the 2nd. McRoberts seems like he's well after a 3rd.

Appreciate the effort, but I'd hate this draft unless Conklin turned out to be a stud OT.

Conklin is a good player. The DE's are certainly in play. But that o-line was manhandled and needs serious help.

I just squeezed NcRoberts and Haeg into the bottom because I like small schoolers.

Conklin is a good player. The DE's are certainly in play. But that o-line was manhandled and needs serious help.

I just squeezed NcRoberts and Haeg into the bottom because I like small schoolers.
Well, everywhere I looked, he never made it down to us, so if he is NFL good, I'm all for it. Still don't like Henry/McRoberts. I think Stewart stays in 2016 and Henry doesn't improve usOur tackles have been the weak spot on offense for years. Oher actually played well all year. The false starts hurt, but he wasn't roasted as bad as Remmers. RT has to be solved. Last year it was the LT Byron Bell who was the hole, this year Remmers at RT has been it. I know Miller/Ware are awesome, but I was hoping that facing the blitz happy Cardinals and facing two top 6 Ds would help us get ready, but the OL fell apart, especially when Norwell went down at LG.

Nice work Andy.

My too high would be Nkemdiche, but I completely understand it.

My too low would be Nick Martin. I just think he is a bit better than where you have him and his brothers success will drive him up a bit too.

Also you have a typo at 32/31. And I think that Car would happily take Doctson at that spot. OT makes sense too but Cam is able to buy time with his feet that can mask OT play but that doesn't matter when he doesn't have anywhere to throw. That would give him a pair of large catch radius targets for next year.

Probably the best mock I've seen or here or otherwise.

I wouldn't take Nkemdiche that high but it sounds like someone will. I considered putting him to Dallas ahead of Bosa.

I almost put Doctson to Carolina but with Benjamin returning I thought differently.

Thanks for the compliment!

Conklin has made starts at both tackle positions. Way more on the left but still...
If Gettleman likes him and he's an improvement over Remmers, that would be a great pick. After last night, OT jumped to the top of our needs. I was thinking CB/DE before last night and now, OT is the spot where I think the team as a whole could improve the most. Ealy looked like a demon and the secondary played pretty well (without Benwickere and Tillman).

Users who are viewing this thread