What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crockett Gillmore, TE Baltimore Ravens (1 Viewer)

dschuler

Footballguy
6'6 265lbs.

His numbers suffered at Colorado state due to a philosophical change turning into a very run oriented offense. He comes from a football family and has great hands. Very athletic, but doesn't have a lot of speed. He's an absolute beast at run blocking, and his role has been increasing every week. With Dennis Pitta out of the picture, I think it's only a matter of time before he passes Owen Daniels in playing time.

Interesting. With Marlon Brown falling out of favor, perhaps this guy is a better use of that taxi squad spot. Thanks.

Bengals really present a favorable matchup. He only has three catches this season, but this will be his first true opportunity to shine. Might not be a bad guy to stash in deep dynasty.

Being from Baltimore with Owen Daniels out I think the 2 interesting names to keep a eye on are Michael Campanaro and Kyle Juszczyk. Campanaro is in the Welker edelmen mole probably the best slot wr in college football last yr great route runner. Juice check is a Former Te playing FB and he has great hands!

Being from Baltimore with Owen Daniels out I think the 2 interesting names to keep a eye on are Michael Campanaro and Kyle Juszczyk. Campanaro is in the Welker edelmen mole probably the best slot wr in college football last yr great route runner. Juice check is a Former Te playing FB and he has great hands!
:goodposting: Keep an eye on juice.

Still, no one should be surprised if fullback Kyle Juszczyk is the Ravens player who fills Daniels' void in the passing game.

He hasn't made the impact as many expected (eight catches for 95 yards and one touchdown), but he is a more polished receiver than Gillmore and he can stretch defenses down the seam. A fourth-round pick in 2013, Juszczyk led the Ravens with 10 catches for 90 yards in the preseason.
I can't remember the game but he had a very nice catch and run-in TD in one game from like 20 yards out...

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Gilmore in two dynasty leagues. Big frame, good athlete. Played some DE in college. He had 5/61/1 in the Senior Bowl. He is rated as a very good run blocker (some say the best in this year's TE class) which could hurt his upside, but it will at least keep him on the field. I'm on board.

Rotoworld:

Ravens second-year TE Crockett Gillmore has bulked up to 275 pounds.

Gillmore weighed 260 at last year's Combine and was listed at 251 as a rookie, so he's put on a considerable amount of weight. "I feel like I can put more power into my breaks," he said. The weight gain likely indicates the Ravens will have Gillmore focus on blocking, while Maxx Williams runs pass routes.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Jun 3 - 3:02 PM

Rotoworld:

Gillmore weighed 260 at last year's Combine and was listed at 251 as a rookie, so he's put on a considerable amount of weight. "I feel like I can put more power into my breaks," he said. The weight gain likely indicates the Ravens will have Gillmore focus on blocking, while Maxx Williams runs pass routes.

"“I’m a lot stronger in and out of breaks,” Gillmore said. “That was a big thing for me. I think I grew so fast that I never really developed the strength to get that quick twitch. Getting that muscle has really helped me run.”

Sounds like he'll actually be running more routes. Waldman ranked him pretty high in last year's RSP. With Trestman as OC there are going to be targets for the TE.

I think GIllmore is a sneaky good play at TE this year
More of that quote:

He should get the most snaps out of all the TEs on that team with the injuries mounting up on Pitta. He went to a LeCharles Bentley lineman camp this off season, which he gives credit to his increased size and power.

Rotoworld:

Sounds like a must add in my point per block league.

i like him this year but i don't think he has a long future. he's a big, physical target for any QB. he had good production in college so i think he has the hands. i don't know that he's going to put up monster numbers but he will likely outproduce many of TE's drafted ahead of him.

He had two balls thrown to him. On the first pass he was covered by a LB and ran a seam route. He caught it over the defender, threw him down and drug a safety into the endzone to score a 33 yard TD, which was called back for Off PI on Aiken. It was Gronk like. The second pass was a crossing route just past the sticks for a first down. He played mid way into the 3rd quarter, and looks to be an every down player with Pitta out and Williams underperforming.

He's a deep sleeper. I've been able to bounce him off and on the waiver wire in the offseason in most my dynasty's. Finally gave into holding onto him among early preseason reports of him in good shape and Williams looking lost.

Absolutely no one available in my league so had to pick him up and start him. Who in the world is this dude?

Absolutely no one available in my league so had to pick him up and start him. Who in the world is this dude?
Second year TE from Colorado State who looked real good in, I think it was the Senior Bowl, but he tested slow.

Ravens have no big WRs with their top rookie still out so he fills the vacuum and as you can see he has everything, size, strength, hands, all except speed. I'm gonna try to snag him off waivers but I doubt I'll get him.

Rotoworld:

Crockett Gillmore caught 5-of-6 targets for 88 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 2 loss to the Raiders.

One week after the Raiders were shredded by Tyler Eifert, Gillmore burned them repeatedly on seam routes and in the red zone. With first-round pick Breshad Perriman (knee) out until October, Gillmore has emerged as the No. 2 option in Baltimore's passing game behind Steve Smith Sr. Gillmore is huge and an above-average athlete. Gillmore is pushing toward low-end TE1 value with a date versus Cincinnati next on the docket.

Sep 20 - 8:01 PM

there's a guy in my league who is like an idiot savant. Not only did he draft Gilmore as his only TE but after his dud week 1 he stuck with him and started him again.

In the long run I would expect Maxx Williams to overtake Gilmore in the receiving role at TE. The position is a difficult one for rookies, which Gilmore was last season.

Flacco has shown he likes to use TE and besides Steve Smith he doesn't have a lot of other options right now.

Owen Daniels had 79 targets last season and Pitta had 21 in the 3 games he played. Thats 100 targets.

In 2012 Pitta was the 7th TE in fantasy.

In the long run I would expect Maxx Williams to overtake Gilmore in the receiving role at TE. The position is a difficult one for rookies, which Gilmore was last season.

Flacco has shown he likes to use TE and besides Steve Smith he doesn't have a lot of other options right now.

Owen Daniels had 79 targets last season and Pitta had 21 in the 3 games he played. Thats 100 targets.

For TEs the long run tends to be two-three years. For redraft purposes, Gillmore is the one to own for 2015.

Gillmore was an absolute beast Sunday. #1 TE in week 2. He should continue to see targets as their aren't many options there in Baltimore.

Last edited by a moderator:

For TEs the long run tends to be two-three years. For redraft purposes, Gillmore is the one to own for 2015.
Agreed.

I could see Maxx Williams perhaps working his way into the line up late in the 2015 season, but I would expect Gillmore to be the main TE this season.

Dropping ertz for him. I trust flaco delivering to his tight ends. Plus I'm desperate in that position

Well he had one good week and one meh week. He's just as likely to return to nothingness as be something. Lottery ticket at this point. Cant see cutting a decent te for him.

Well he had one good week and one meh week. He's just as likely to return to nothingness as be something. Lottery ticket at this point. Cant see cutting a decent te for him.
Week 1, Flacco went to him in the endzone with the game on the line. He was doubled, but almost pulled it in with 2 defenders all over him. He is the only legit RZ target on tge team.

Absolutely

Gillmore was an absolute beast Sunday. #1 TE in week 2. He should continue to see targets as their aren't many options there in Baltimore.
Hit the brakes, this was the Raiders. They have been making Tight Ends look good longer than Cindy Crawford has.

Regardless of his anomaly game vs the Raiders, I love his utilization rate as posted in the other utilization thread. Flacco loves his TE's and while I stubbornly will hold onto Maxx Williams, I think I can find room for Gilmore.

What a great name. Berman will be all over it. Where in the hell did this guy come from and how did we not know about it?

Users who are viewing this thread