What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crockett Gillmore, TE Baltimore Ravens (1 Viewer)

Any thoughts on Gillmore with Schaub taking over?
Kind of mixed - he was developing really good chemistry with Flacco, who is obviously a much better QB. That said, the team will likely have to throw a ton and Flacco was very good at spreading the ball around. Schaub may lock more into Crockett and Aiken since there aren't too many other options.

Thinking of dropping a gimpy Gates and snagging Gillmore.

Schaub can't get the ball more than about 20 yards down the field....at least the last time I saw him throwing picks professionally that was about the length of most of them.

I know this is a "hard to trust" scenario, but the more I look this over it certainly seems like one of those late season choices that may help people win some championships this year.

I don't necessarily think this guy is going to outright win you some games, but he certainly could give you solid production from here on.

With Gates being obviously gimpy at this point, and apparently Kelce "tweaked" his ankle this week, he may be a good option for a few of us that need late season TE help.

One would think Schaub and Gillmore have had plenty of action in practices, especially early season.

Perhaps one of the ravens homers here may know a little more about that.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the logic behind your thinking. I've been high on Ravens tight ends all year due to the Trestman style and personnel they have in their passing game.

Rotoworld:

Ravens placed TE Crockett Gillmore (back) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Gillmore impressed in his first full season as a starter, securing 33-of-46 targets for 412 yards (12.5 YPR) and four touchdowns. He is also an excellent blocker and underrated athlete. Gillmore should enter 2016 clearly ahead of Maxx Williams, though Williams will be given every opportunity to make a second-year leap despite his lackluster rookie campaign.

Dec 21 - 5:02 PM

And another Ravens TE goes down....  who's left?  Nick Boyle?

Another Ravens tight end injury as Crockett Gillmore goes down

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2017, 5:09 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Ravens may have lost yet another tight end.

Baltimore tight end Crockett Gillmore went down attempting to catch a pass and immediately grabbed his knee and had to be taken to the training room. The Ravens haven’t updated his condition since the end of practice, but reporters on the scene indicated that it didn’t look good.

The Ravens have already lost tight end Dennis Pitta to an injury this offseason, and another tight end, Darren Waller, was suspended for the season for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy. Tight ends Benjamin Watson and Maxx Williams are both recovering from injuries.

If A 2014 third-round draft pick, Gillmore showed promise in 2015 but was limited to just eight catches in seven games in 2016. Now his availability for 2017 is uncertain.

The Baltimore Sun reports TE Crockett Gillmore is dealing with a "potentially serious" knee injury.

Gillmore is still undergoing tests, but the early signs suggest a significant knee issue. It's yet another blow at tight end after losing Dennis Pitta and Darren Waller. Baltimore could be forced to add a veteran with Ben Watson and Maxx Williams coming off injuries. The Ravens have been linked to free agent Gary Barnidge.

Source: Baltimore Sun 

Jul 29 - 8:49 PM

Thanks Boone22

I was actually getting somewhat close to considering Gillmore prior to this news.

At first blush this seems like a plus for the Ravens WR. Flacco really likes throwing to a TE though. There is opportunity to be had here.

Users who are viewing this thread