What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crockett Gillmore, TE Baltimore Ravens (1 Viewer)

What the hell happened here? First half was nice with 40 yards and then I don't think he saw any time in the 2nd half except for special teams.

Maxx Williams had more snaps than Gilmore in week 3 and more targets.

M Williams TE 38 51% 7 targets 3 receptions 44 yards

C Gillmore TE 31 41% 3 targets 3 receptions 40 yards

This came in my "player news" section on CBS Sportsline last night, but I can't find anything more updated.

Crockett Gillmore TE | BAL

Ravens TE Crockett Gillmore doesn't play in second half Sunday
by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com
(17 hrs ago) Ravens coach John Harbaugh deferred to the injury report when asked why tight end Crockett Gillmore didn't play in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Bengals, WNST.net's Luke Jones reports. Coming off a 6-88-2 receiving line in Week 2, Gillmore caught three passes for 40 yards on three targets in the first half of Sunday's game, then missed the entire second half.

Gillmore stayed on the sideline with his helmet, and the Ravens didn't announce any injury, but it's hard to imagine he was simply benched.

If Gillmore misses any time, rookie Maxx Williams might instantly become the second or third option in the passing game, as Joe Flacco has thus far leaned heavily on Smith and (to a lesser extent) Gillmore. With Baltimore playing Pittsburgh on Thursday, the initial injury report comes out Monday.

Didn't practice with a calf so why are they saying its possible he was hurt?
Right, doesn't make sense. The injury Sunday was completely not reported and the staff must not be interested in being forthcoming about the situation. It is very odd.

Rotoworld:

Ravens OC Marc Trestman said he doesn't expect TE Crockett Gillmore (calf) to play in Thursday night's Week 4 game against the Steelers.

"With Crockett being out, we expect [our young tight ends] to step up and play well for us," Trestman said. That leaves rookies Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle on the depth chart, and H-back/FB Kyle Juszczyk as a capable pass catcher. Expect Williams to take on a larger role as a pass catcher. He's on the TE1 map.

Related: Maxx Williams

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter

Bummer - doesn't look like it will happen this week. Is anyone thinking of going with Maxx Williams? I didn't see the Ravens game last week, but he was targeted 7 times (catching 3 for 44 yds), and I'm assuming he only really was out there for a half.

Bummer - doesn't look like it will happen this week. Is anyone thinking of going with Maxx Williams? I didn't see the Ravens game last week, but he was targeted 7 times (catching 3 for 44 yds), and I'm assuming he only really was out there for a half.
Ya I'm thinking (for Gronk) but waiting till the last possible minute. Pretty sure no one else in my league wants him.

I currently have Ertz backing up Gronk, and our WW is picked nearly clean...I'm thinking of adding Maxx myself.

ETA: and dropping Ertz to do it. So someone's destined to get points out of him if I do so....

Last edited by a moderator:
ruled out. This is probably the point where Maxx Williams takes the job and never looks back
I'm hedging in the one league (16-team / PPR) where I'm desperate for some kind of Tight End consistency. (Waited on TE, drafted Donnell and Vernon Davis, dumped Davis post-draft to take a flyer on Chandler, dumped Donnell and Chandler after Week 1 for Ladarius Green, dude got concussed, scooped up Gillmore, dude got hurt, now have Williams.) So I've now got both Williams and Gillmore. So long as one of them takes the job and they don't split things in a timeshare once both are healthy, I'll be happy.

Lol. It's pretty brutal. 16 team. Was hoping I would be ok with Gates, Delanie, and Crockett. Looks like I'm going with the Cleveland bum for one week.

Me too. I have garbage on the waiver wire and Gronk on a bye. Maxx should see a decent amount of targets, in theory. I'm not expecting huge things, but I'll be happy with anything more than 4-40.

I think weather may play into it where the short pass may be common place. I for one am excited to start Maxx

Crockett Gillmore (calf) returned to practice Wednesday.
After two weeks on the shelf, Gillmore is on the right track to return against the 49ers. San Francisco has allowed the eighth-most fantasy points to tight ends.
We live.

Users who are viewing this thread