What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SF @ SEA week 16 Bloodbath (1 Viewer)

Still worried about Justin Smith and Akers. AJ Jenkins may make a debut Monday too.
You mean Sunday. And Jenkins played against New England. No catches but I saw him on the field in the 1st quarter. Profootballreference.com lists him as playing in 2 games, but Sunday was his first action as far as I know.I'd love to see Manningham back for this game.
Jenkins played against Miami.
Glad to see he's been getting worked into the mix, can't wait to see him contribute.Anyone know the latest on Manningham?

Was it really just two years ago that people were complaining about the NFC West being so bad they didn't deserve to have a playoff team?

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what you're saying, but I would choose to be civil with each other. I hope we're not like the Bears & Packers. Their game threads are completely full of dooshiness to highest degree. I tend to just appreciate the game for what it is and don't get too homeristic. I don't feel the need to trash one team in order to appreciate another. I'm very much not the guy you want leading the charge for Seattle fans. #GoHawks

Also, I'm very pleased that Seattle has a nice guy for a QB. I'm hoping that he rubs off on Sherman and keeps him somewhat centered. I know Sherman spent last Tuesday with Wilson at Children's hospital in Seattle. Wilson has made that visit every Tuesday this season.

PIC of Wilson and Sherman at Children's Hopital

I get what you're saying, but I would choose to be civil with each other. I hope we're not like the Bears & Packers. Their game threads are completely full of dooshiness to highest degree. I tend to just appreciate the game for what it is and don't get too homeristic. I don't feel the need to trash one team in order to appreciate another. I'm very much not the guy you want leading the charge for Seattle fans. #GoHawks

Also, I'm very pleased that Seattle has a nice guy for a QB. I'm hoping that he rubs off on Sherman and keeps him somewhat centered. I know Sherman spent last Tuesday with Wilson at Children's hospital in Seattle. Wilson has made that visit every Tuesday this season.

PIC of Wilson and Sherman at Children's Hopital
:banned:

What are y'all expecting from the SEA and SF DST's this week? Starting or sitting?
I expect a lot of punts. I think both teams play it pretty conservative hoping to fall into a big play here and there.
I actually expect Caroll to open it up. Might be a quarter or so of jabs to see what they're doing on D, but with the slew of points the last 2 weeks, the road success in Chicago and all that's on the line, I just don't see Petey going conservative here. Probably the most he's ever wanted to beat Harbaugh (to date) and with Wilson playing the way he is, the home crowd behind them and Beast Mode... I can see him going big early and often.eta: that's not to say that it'll work, so there still could be lots of punts.

Local media is going nuts for this game. Has a huge playoff feel to it. I have my doubts that the SF faithful are putting their hopes and expectations into this game on the same level as the Seattle homers.

Good news for SF today. DT Jason Jones was put on IR. He's a big loss from the pass rush group on third and long situations, and they were already struggling a bit in those situations. Will Scruggs be able to fill that void? I have my doubts.

Local media is going nuts for this game. Has a huge playoff feel to it. I have my doubts that the SF faithful are putting their hopes and expectations into this game on the same level as the Seattle homers.

Good news for SF today. DT Jason Jones was put on IR. He's a big loss from the pass rush group on third and long situations, and they were already struggling a bit in those situations. Will Scruggs be able to fill that void? I have my doubts.
I'm not sure on what basis you are making that assumption, but I can assure you that we want this game just as bad as you guys do. #2 seed will be huge! Everyone knows the track record of ATL in the post-season.

I'm not sure on what basis you are making that assumption, but I can assure you that we want this game just as bad as you guys do. #2 seed will be huge! Everyone knows the track record of ATL in the post-season.
I don't doubt you, but this is a different feeling. The Seattle media is placing a lot on the outcome of this game. Win or lose I think the SF faithful know what they have in their team. That's not true in Seattle. I think the two teams have different expectations. A loss for Seattle here would feel like a big step backwards.

Local media is going nuts for this game. Has a huge playoff feel to it. I have my doubts that the SF faithful are putting their hopes and expectations into this game on the same level as the Seattle homers.Good news for SF today. DT Jason Jones was put on IR. He's a big loss from the pass rush group on third and long situations, and they were already struggling a bit in those situations. Will Scruggs be able to fill that void? I have my doubts.
Not worried about Jones being out. We've got Hebron Fangrupo on our side. /game

Local media is going nuts for this game. Has a huge playoff feel to it. I have my doubts that the SF faithful are putting their hopes and expectations into this game on the same level as the Seattle homers.Good news for SF today. DT Jason Jones was put on IR. He's a big loss from the pass rush group on third and long situations, and they were already struggling a bit in those situations. Will Scruggs be able to fill that void? I have my doubts.
I've never even heard of him before today, but his measurables should insane. Radio guys kept saying 6-9 and 350, but the only info I can find on him puts him at 6-1 and 323. If there was a running joke about his size/weight I missed it.

I've never even heard of him before today, but his measurables should insane. Radio guys kept saying 6-9 and 350, but the only info I can find on him puts him at 6-1 and 323. If there was a running joke about his size/weight I missed it.
I never heard of him before either. No idea what to expect from him other than the mega boost of a badass name. Now, if he and Winston Guy were both on the field at the same time....

Game will be close and low scoring. The game will be decided by a bad call by a ref late in the 4th quarter. Mark it down.
So you're saying the Seahawks will have an * next to another win this year? That would be historic.
Have they started putting asterisks next to games where Russell Wilson hits the highest QBR score for any QB in any game played this season? I guess people will want an easy way to reference that game. I'm not sure he'll top 99.3, but if you say so...

Very jealous of you Seahawk and Niner fans who get to enjoy this tasty matchup. Can't wait for Sunday night. Easily the most excited I've been for a single game all season.

This should be an awesome game. The Seahawks are an awesome home team, and the 49ers can beat anyone on the road when they are on their game, as shown by their road wins over teams quarterbacked by Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, but they can also lose to anyone, too, as shown by their road losses to teams quarterbacked by Christian Ponder and Sam Bradford. In other words, I think we know we will get out of the Seahawks, but which 49er team shows up will decide who wins this game (since the 49ers best is better than the Seahawks best, even in Seattle, IMO).

I think there's more pressure on Seattle. SF has beat them three times in a row and is probably hosting a playoff game either way. The bye is huge, but i can definitely see why Seattle would be more amped for this at home.

This should be an awesome game. The Seahawks are an awesome home team, and the 49ers can beat anyone on the road when they are on their game, as shown by their road wins over teams quarterbacked by Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, but they can also lose to anyone, too, as shown by their road losses to teams quarterbacked by Christian Ponder and Sam Bradford. In other words, I think we know we will get out of the Seahawks, but which 49er team shows up will decide who wins this game (since the 49ers best is better than the Seahawks best, even in Seattle, IMO).
this

Looks as if Sherman will be playing this weekend. All I'm reading says that outcome of his hearing won't be known until next week.

Ticker at the bottom on ESPN says Smith is not expected to play. Good as far as winning goes, but I'd love to see the Niners get worked when they're at full strength.

Ticker at the bottom on ESPN says Smith is not expected to play. Good as far as winning goes, but I'd love to see the Niners get worked when they're at full strength.
True. My gut is telling me both teams will score more than expected. If I was a betting man I would put $ on the over.

True. My gut is telling me both teams will score more than expected. If I was a betting man I would put $ on the over.
I'm kind of learning betting. I'm putting a lot (for me means $20) on several varied parlays and the over will be featured.

Users who are viewing this thread