What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SF @ SEA week 16 Bloodbath (2 Viewers)

Hooper31

Footballguy
Not sure just how legitimate a shot Seattle has to win this game, but I expect it to be a very violent game. These teams and coaches don't like each other. Earlier tonight I heard Rodney Harrison comment that the early game this season when Seattle was at SF was the most phsyical game he's witnessed this season. I won't be surprised if the number of fines handed down from the commissioner is a high one.

Not sure just how legitimate a shot Seattle has to win this game, but I expect it to be a very violent game. These teams and coaches don't like each other. Earlier tonight I heard Rodney Harrison comment that the early game this season when Seattle was at SF was the most phsyical game he's witnessed this season. I won't be surprised if the number of fines handed down from the commissioner is a high one.
Don't sandbag Hoop, Seattle is a good team and has the best home field advantage in the league.

I can't wait to watch this game. I can't wait to watch the two games they play next year. And then again the year after that. These two teams are both young, physical, really good, division rivals, their coaches hate each other, and the games will absolutely have huge playoff implications for a little while.

Don't sandbag Hoop, Seattle is a good team and has the best home field advantage in the league.
True that they play well at home, but the truth in most things is there's a middle ground. Seattle hasn't really changed their offense that much they they're allowing Wilson to "break out". They've been killing teams with misdirection on the read-option* and the teams they've played lately have played poorly on offense. I'm not sure how much that is due to Seattle's defense playing well as opposed to just having a dismal passing game (Zona and Buffalo). To boot, I think CB Richard Sherman had his worst game of the year today. WR Stevie Johnson made him look bad on a few plays. * I'm not convinced that Seattle is running a true read-option. I think they are guessing on the sideline and telling Wilson to either keep it or give it the RB. If you look closely he's making a fake more like play action, not really putting the ball into the belly of the RB before choosing to keep it. On several of these plays you can tell that someone is guessing wrong (Bevell? Wilson?) and not really reading the DE.

Reasons for hope? Seattle is deep in the secondary. Even without Sherman and Browner they have guys at the CB that can play. Seattle is running the ball well, and I think SF is vulnerable to the run between the tackles. Noise from the Seattle crowd will impact Kap like in way that we can't know yet.

I like what I see from Kap so far, but you're not going to know what you have in Kap until he gets knocked down a ton to see what you have. How will he respond to being down 14 points in the fourth quarter after taking a beating? We got to see him complete one ball late in the game tonight after the Patriots comeback, but I think he got lucky with the short field. Given 80 yards to glory and one possession I would have my doubts. Time will tell.

Oh no you don't. SF stands no chance and will lose in historic fashion.

I can't wait to watch this game. I can't wait to watch the two games they play next year. And then again the year after that. These two teams are both young, physical, really good, division rivals, their coaches hate each other, and the games will absolutely have huge playoff implications for a little while.
:goodposting: Two college rivals in HCs, with Carroll being an ex-49er DC during the Siefert/Young era and part of the Walsh tree, with the Harbaugh who consulted Walsh on a regular basis and is bringing back the Glory days of The Dynasty.

Against most teams I'd agree, but SF is really good. They look unbeatable.

Against most teams I'd agree, but SF is really good. They look unbeatable.
They looked pretty beatable for most of the second half.

I worry about Akers more than I worry about anything else, along with the outcome of Justin Smith's MRI. The 49ers are a competitive team that will run through a wall for Harbaugh, like SEA will for Carroll.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ losing in "historic fashion". Which loss would qualify that loss in 49er history?

Sherman's appeal is for Friday so he probably won't be playing Sunday night.

I'd like to see a lot of bad blood, with no cheap shots of course. Smack the crap out of each other "legally". I expect both coaches to get flagged as well. As long as both sides keep it clean, I really want this to be a gritty, grimy, mean, violent rivalry for years to come.

I'd like to see a lot of bad blood, with no cheap shots of course. Smack the crap out of each other "legally". I expect both coaches to get flagged as well. As long as both sides keep it clean, I really want this to be a gritty, grimy, mean, violent rivalry for years to come.
:lmao: :rolleyes:

umm K..

Can't wait for this one.. should an exciting game with several big "clean" hits

:lmao: :rolleyes:

umm K..

Can't wait for this one.. should an exciting game with several big "clean" hits
ummmmm What's your dismay about this?

'mad sweeney said:
ummmmm What's your dismay about this?
You just write some goofy stuff but it makes me laugh. I think about the "I loved when the trainers threw the players out of the way to get to Rice" comment at times when I see u post :shrug: :lmao:

Sherman's appeal is for Friday so he probably won't be playing Sunday night.I'd like to see a lot of bad blood, with no cheap shots of course. Smack the crap out of each other "legally". I expect both coaches to get flagged as well. As long as both sides keep it clean, I really want this to be a gritty, grimy, mean, violent rivalry for years to come.
Schefter said he's pretty safe to play this week. His suspension would start week 17. I just hope that BEASTMODE does his thing. Should be well rested with 11 and 10 carries the past 2 weeks.

This game is a 'Pick' in Vegas, by the way...not sure why anyone would say Seattle has no chance.
I didn't see anyone say they had no chance. And I'm assuming the "SF losing in historic fashion" comment is schtick.This will be a close game. I think Seattle wins by 3 or less.#harbaughstyle

I worry about Akers more than I worry about anything else, along with the outcome of Justin Smith's MRI. The 49ers are a competitive team that will run through a wall for Harbaugh, like SEA will for Carroll. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ losing in "historic fashion". Which loss would qualify that loss in 49er history?
How about that loss to the Giants in the wildcard game, where the Giants botched the snap, for what would have been a fairly easy field goal. And the kicker threw a prayer downfield and SF committed PI at the 1 yard line?Oh wait.

I worry about Akers more than I worry about anything else, along with the outcome of Justin Smith's MRI. The 49ers are a competitive team that will run through a wall for Harbaugh, like SEA will for Carroll. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ losing in "historic fashion". Which loss would qualify that loss in 49er history?
How about that loss to the Giants in the wildcard game, where the Giants botched the snap, for what would have been a fairly easy field goal. And the kicker threw a prayer downfield and SF committed PI at the 1 yard line?Oh wait.
Losing in "historic fashion" would have to qualify what is historic in a division rivalry. Seahawk fans have more beefs with Raiderfan than they do with 49er fans. Our oldest division rival is with Ram fan. You guys have only been in the NFCW for a decade.ETA: My fave Seahawk fan quote from 2000 off an old message board: HOLMGONE :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which QB puts up more FF points?

I wouldn;t be comfortable starting either, to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game will be close and low scoring. The game will be decided by a bad call by a ref late in the 4th quarter. Mark it down.

I put the 49ers as the slight underdog here. I think on a neutral field with equal recent game history, SF probably wins.

But coming off a 6 hour plane ride away game (and a late night game at that), then having had an crazy high emotional win and the expected letdown, now against an aggressive, hungry team that plays extremely well at home and needs to win.

At the same time, SF is showing they play well on the road beating Green Bay, New Orleans, and now the Patriots. They can get 'up' for the big game.

Will be interesting to see if the SF offensive line punishes the Seattle defensive line for being over-aggressive with the trap blocks again. I lost count of how many times I saw a Seattle DT just blow by the play and get suckered. That was painful to watch.

I just remembered that this is the dreaded "third game". Doesn't bode well for the Niners.
third game?
Look at the Niners schedule this year. There's a pattern of playing 2 really good games, 1 bad one. It repeats and accroding to the cycle, this is the scheduled third game where they will play horribly.
3 of the 4 outta that cycle had Smith starting. Kaep has a better shot at breaking that cycle. Unless it comes to Akers.

Still worried about Justin Smith and Akers. AJ Jenkins may make a debut Monday too.
You mean Sunday. And Jenkins played against New England. No catches but I saw him on the field in the 1st quarter. Profootballreference.com lists him as playing in 2 games, but Sunday was his first action as far as I know.I'd love to see Manningham back for this game.

'OG_GF said:
Which QB puts up more FF points?I wouldn;t be comfortable starting either, to be honest.
I actually have to pick between the 2 for my title game. Leaning towards Wilson right now due to home field.

Still worried about Justin Smith and Akers. AJ Jenkins may make a debut Monday too.
You mean Sunday. And Jenkins played against New England. No catches but I saw him on the field in the 1st quarter. Profootballreference.com lists him as playing in 2 games, but Sunday was his first action as far as I know.I'd love to see Manningham back for this game.
Jenkins played against Miami.

Users who are viewing this thread