What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zek back to Dallas and cook back to Minnesota, makes sense right ? (1 Viewer)

cantstop1999

Footballguy
I have a gut feeling this is what’s going to happen there’s not a lot of places out there in need, both places they left, could still use their services.

Doubtful on Cook.

They aren’t paying him what he thinks he’s worth. They offered 7M - top of the market for a RB in 2023 football.

He turned it down.

IMO he feels slighted by what he sees as a lowball offer.

Zeke….I’m not sure Dallas is interested in having him back, but it seems more realistic of a possibility. There’s less bad blood there. They Cowboys seem open to it.

I have a gut feeling this is what’s going to happen there’s not a lot of places out there in need, both places they left, could still use their services.
Malik Davis > Zeke
This, and frankly Ronald Jones might be too. Dallas clearly wants more speed on the offense (trading for Cooks helps) and Zeke isn't that guy anymore. Ironically, I think if Dallas felt the need to add a veteran RB, I think Cook would be more of a fit at this point, but he's likely FAR too expensive, especially with Pollard on the Franchise Tag.

On the same side, I think the Vikings are a little committed to Mattison, and I think Cook is just no longer part of their plans. I do think they are more likely to add a veteran FA than Dallas is, but I doubt its bringing Cook back. Minnesota seems like they'd be a good landing spot for a pass catching RB, like Kareem Hunt or maybe even Fournette.

I said Zeke would go back to Dallas right after he was released. It's the best fit for him and there is a need in Dallas.

I believe if Zeke would shave his beard he might be lighter on his feet now that he has so much tread on his tires.

Just read somewhere that Zeke is very unlikely to go back to Dallas. Perhaps he goes to Minnesota of all places? Just in case Mattison flops as the #1?

Dalvins not going back to the Vikings but they at least they made an effort to retain him with a pay cut.

Dallas did not make that effort with Zeke. They did not offer him a chance to remain with a pay cut, they just cut him.

Then they gave his jersey number away.

Then Jerry said they had given Zeke everything they had, Zeke gave them everything he had, and that was a nice way to end it.

He's not going back to Dallas.

Best thing for Gmen to do is to sign Zeke and maybe Kareem Hunt if still available. 1-2 punch along with Breida. Zeke doesn't get hurt and doesn't fumble. Barkley is unwikse, given his injury history, to leave $10mil on the table and hold out.
If you think for a minute that Pollard won't get hurt or wear down you're not seeing the forest through the trees. How many backup RB assume the lead role and thrive in that position the year following the lead back leaving town since, lets say, 1990? I would say not many at all. Michael Turner the exception, who else have you got?
Paying Zeke keeps him away from Dallas and gives you a big weapon in the 2x games v. Big D this year. Force Dallas to find a competent #2 to Pollard. I dunno maybe I'm rosey colored glasses on this thing, I think Zeke has a lot to give in 2023.
I don't know about Cook - I think he's waiting to see who busts a knee in camp before he signs anywhere. Denver makes the most sense to me - Perine is OK, Williams is likely PUP material.
his game fits N.O to a 'T'

If you think for a minute that Pollard won't get hurt or wear down you're not seeing the forest through the trees. How many backup RB assume the lead role and thrive in that position the year following the lead back leaving town since, lets say, 1990? I would say not many at all. Michael Turner the exception, who else have you got?
(deep breath) Austin Ekeler, Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Rudi Johnson, MJD, Deuce McAllister, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Jacobs, Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, Derrick Henry. That's just off the top of my head going back to 2002. So roughly half the NFL has an example of it happening.

Pollard was more productive on a per touch basis, than all those guys except the KC guys, both of whom went on to be top-2 fantasy RBs at their peaks.

Users who are viewing this thread