What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Zay Flowers, BAL (1 Viewer)

Zay Flowers caught 9-of-10 targets for 78 yards in the Ravens’ Week 1 win over the Texans.

Flowers was used in a variety of ways by the Ravens on Sunday. He had four receptions of 15 or more yards, and was a key factor on the Ravens’ opening drive to start the third quarter. On that drive, Flowers hauled in receptions of 19 and 21 yards, helping setup an eventual touchdown by Justice Hill. The Ravens also prioritized Flowers in the screen game, allowing him the chance to show off his elusiveness and work his way upfield against the defense on multiple occasions. A 10-target day is about the best we could have hoped for Flowers in his debut. He’ll have some WR3 upside in Week 2 against the Bengals.

- Rotoworld

Brian Baldinger
.@Ravens @ZayFlowers hit the @HoustonTexans with a whole lotta “whup whup”. So fun. Ravens found a WR….for real. #RavensFlock #BaldysBreakdowns

PFF Fantasy Football
Zay Flowers in week 1:

80.3 REC Grade (🥇among rookie WRs)
78 YDS (🥈among rookie WRs)
34 REC yards after contact (🥇among ALL WRs)
54 REC yards after the catch (🥇 among rookie WRs)

Hype train is chugging....

After hearing the consistent drumbeat all summer, and not being a believer in Bateman (and understanding that OBJ's best days are behind him), he was a priority draft target of mine and I own him in all leagues. That being said, I'm not yet ready to crown him as the next AB. Excited, intrigued, and cautiously optimistic? You bet. However, he is one terrific game into his rookie season. Nothing is proven yet. In fact, it's always possible that his value is higher right now than it will be at any point in the season....just sayin'

Brian Baldinger
.@Ravens @ZayFlowers hit the @HoustonTexans with a whole lotta “whup whup”. So fun. Ravens found a WR….for real. #RavensFlock #BaldysBreakdowns

PFF Fantasy Football
Zay Flowers in week 1:

Love this guy. So much fun to watch

Really does remind me of Antonio Brown

Brian Baldinger

PFF Fantasy Football
Zay Flowers in week 1:

Love this guy. So much fun to watch

Really does remind me of Antonio Brown
That's one of the better comp's I've heard here, until the catch point, then Flowers becomes something else altogether. Very fun player to watch, he's electric.

Will this be the week he finds pay dirt? With the way fantasy works I'd say yes with his toughest match up.

A few thoughts here:

1.) I think Week 1 was a mirage based on Mark Andrews being out.

2.) Raven's offense limits his upside. He is way better than Tank Dell, but Dell plays on a shot team that loves to pass.

In a vacuum, Flowers is the superior talent but since we're playing magic football Tank Dell is a "better player'. Wild.

I've been starting him on one team, but now that C. Watson is back, he's likely back to the bench unless he/the Ravens passing game heats up.

I really thought Monken was gonna make Lamar into a QB. He just isn't and I can't be convinced of it any longer. He is NOT a good throwing QB and at this point, likely never will be.

That said, Zay is STILL the real deal, and will have monster games and some duds, because that's just what being a Raven seems to be at WR.

But my goodness, is this kid a baller.

That was a 14 point TD off the board, and a five point bonus in my league, absolutely killer

He's a guy who if you look at numbers he's a drop

But if you watch him play, you just can't let go of him, I can't believe they dont get him the ball more.

Maybe with Andrews out now he's going to get some of that intermediate stuff despite being radically different physical profiles.

Dude is just quicksilver

ESPN reporting that he told reporters he will play and needed some time to tend to a hip issue.

OBJ also expecting to play, although will be a game time decision.

1-7-0 line from Flowers tonight after 2 big weeks. No Andrews. Instead of going to Flowers, Jackson just insists on chucking it to any TE on the roster.

Going to be trying to trade him in my dynasty this offseason cause he's forever going to be too inconsistent with Lamar at the helm.

1-7-0 line from Flowers tonight after 2 big weeks. No Andrews. Instead of going to Flowers, Jackson just insists on chucking it to any TE on the roster.

Going to be trying to trade him in my dynasty this offseason cause he's forever going to be too inconsistent with Lamar at the helm.
I think you'll wind up regretting that. I did not love Zay coming out of the draft, but as far as actual play on the field, I think he's been one of the most impressive rookies overall. If you insist on moving him, I hope you at least get a good return. I think he'll be the 2nd look behind only Andrews by next season. And Andrews has only played one full season in his career without missing time with injury; not knocking his worth, but rather just saying he will likely continue missing a few games every year and ceding those touches to someone else. Bateman is a JAG, Wallace is a special teamer, and the rest are on deaths door step/cut candidates.

I traded for Flowers mid-season, and I was kind of surprised the owner let him go. He could rack up Antonio Brown type numbers in the right situation, though I agree that Lamar Jackson throwing to him is not the right situation. He still put together an impressive rookie season under the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread