What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Treylon Burks, TEN (1 Viewer)

Turron Davenport
#Titans Brian Callahan on Treylon Burks: He is going to play everything, inside/outside. I had him come up and break the group down today. Treylon ran 3,592 yds on Tuesday and hit a top speed of 22 mph in practice.
Callahan was bad at this coachspeak try. He's new. He's trying.
They're not tracking yards ran and nextgen wasn't at practice gauging his mph.
Whether it's to raise trade value or give him confidence to stick or both (as no one knows what the future holds) I imagine it was well intentioned.
Maybe even throw in that his dad and the GM triumvirate and the owner maybe discussed talking this way instead of that way?

We all thought it was super cool how the new coach, assistant coaches, and GM sat and talked for like an hour going over everything and answering every question a couple months ago. It was excellent how the new staff already broke down tons of film and knew strengths and weaknesses and....it was as good a meet n greet presser as there's ever been for a new staff.
No one is forgetting how he said Burks was playing outside. How he mentioned routes he was best at, his size blocking, and how much Callahan thinks the world of guys like Hopkins openly sharing their knowledge of their craft with a young WR. The latter, a direct result of the new coach learning that Burks and Hopkins had been working out this off-season.

No one is forgetting that he didn't say Burks is playing inside. That he was asked later if Burks would play inside and instead he listed most WRs except Burks.

Is it possible they had a change of heart? Absolutely.
Is the coach welcome to move anyone around without running the idea past the fans and press? Absolutely

For rookie mini camp, teams get a lot of players (that lean towards not making the team) onto the field. They do often have to play out of position because they simply don't have enough at this spot or that spot. That's totally regular. It's also mostly here's our plays and here's our techniques.
Established Veterans do NOT attend rookie mini camp and if they do, they don't do a darn thing to risk injury. "I wanna make the team, coach" veterans do attend rookie minicamp.

Further, the Titans can practice earlier as every team with a new coach does. I forget the rules but the NFLPA was all over this extra practice time as only being educational and also not risking injury.

Bottom-line-
I like that he's bad at coachspeak. Treylon attending is awful for trade value. I've said it many times- Treylon is an excellent practice player and we know he has elite bod/talent. It's good for him (sticking) to have shown that to the new staff. There doesn't seem to be injury concern w Treylon

There IS a good misquoted quote that idk what the original is because reporters argued and whose ear is correct? but the gist of it is- Treylon was told to stop running away from contact so much and run over CBs the way he did in college.
I like that.
Sometimes some players need to be told some variation of "toughen up" after overcoming an injury. Possibly got "be yourself" vibe to it too and...I like it

There IS a good misquoted quote that idk what the original is because reporters argued and whose ear is correct? but the gist of it is- Treylon was told to stop running away from contact so much and run over CBs the way he did in college.
I like that.
Sometimes some players need to be told some variation of "toughen up" after overcoming an injury. Possibly got "be yourself" vibe to it too and...I like it
I hope that works as well as Derrick Henry getting a talkin to from Eddie George some years back... but I know it's not likely. I'm still holding and probably going down with the ship at this point.

Reactions: Bri
I like that.
I hope that works as well as Derrick Henry getting a talkin to from Eddie George some years back... but I know it's not likely. I'm still holding and probably going down with the ship at this point.
Yeah me too. And the Titans instilled Henry's college fullback then too. It was obvious he was barking at Henry during games and jumping on him all happily too. Lewan said to Henry that the FB instilled a meanness and Henry laughed and said he was reminded of a skill. Not to minimize Eddie's advice...I like the anecdote and think removing the FB is one of the dumbest things in NFL history so I jump at the chance to mention one

Burks has been miscast by the Titans in my eyes. He's a big slot, its what he always was, but for whatever reason they kinda tried to use him as if he were a 1-1 for AJ Brown.

I'm kinda down on the Boyd signing. I think between Burks/Phillips they had more upside in the slot than Boyd offers. But I get that he's more consistent and developing Levis is priority #1.

Users who are viewing this thread