What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Treylon Burks, TEN (1 Viewer)

Titans first-round WR Treylon Burks has been practicing with the second- and third-string offenses.​

Burks has gotten off to a bumpy start in his first NFL offseason, battling conditioning issues in the spring and now lining up wrong and not running through his routes. He's been repping with the Logan Woodside and Malik Willis units, while Robert Woods, Nick Westbrook-Ihkine, and fellow rookie slot man Kyle Philips have mainly been repping with Ryan Tannehill's group. Burks is supposed to be the Titans' replacement for A.J. Brown, but he's got a long way to go. Of course, things can change quickly, and Burks' talent can vault him up the depth chart fast, but he's looking a bit risky at his current average draft position as a fantasy WR3.

SOURCE: Mike Herndon on Twitter
Aug 8, 2022, 5:32 PM ET

Titans first-round WR Treylon Burks has been practicing with the second- and third-string offenses.​

Burks has gotten off to a bumpy start in his first NFL offseason, battling conditioning issues in the spring and now lining up wrong and not running through his routes. He's been repping with the Logan Woodside and Malik Willis units, while Robert Woods, Nick Westbrook-Ihkine, and fellow rookie slot man Kyle Philips have mainly been repping with Ryan Tannehill's group. Burks is supposed to be the Titans' replacement for A.J. Brown, but he's got a long way to go. Of course, things can change quickly, and Burks' talent can vault him up the depth chart fast, but he's looking a bit risky at his current average draft position as a fantasy WR3.

SOURCE: Mike Herndon on Twitter
Aug 8, 2022, 5:32 PM ET
Ranting about Tennessee Titans' Treylon Burks — and the misinformed takes I'm seeing | Estes
... I try to not push back on every questionable take that goes viral in August.

That happens in training camps. By their nature, they are a breeding ground for rash judgments, as misguided as opinions might be on a such limited sample size. Criticism will always get the most attention. That’s our nature.

No sense screaming level-headedness into a howling wind when no one wants to listen...
...Treylon Burks has had a pretty solid camp to this point. He has stayed on the field, for one. Looks like he’s in shape, which was a legit concern about him earlier this summer.

When I watch Burks now, he flashes with potential. He has size and speed and all the physical tools to be a handful for defenses – if he’s serious about becoming one. That Burks got in shape, to me, was a big deal. Because it suggested he is serious.
...Burks is a rookie. He's learning. I’m sure he has had and will continue to have teachable moments. That's just part of the deal, but I can’t say I’ve been picking up on obvious “mental and physical mistakes” he is making...

...ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, a national reporter who was at the Titans camp recently, wrote that Burks "has looked the part of a top pick so far."

It was the negative take from NBC's site that was shared widely on social media – in many cases by those objecting to it – to a larger audience and to non-local media who were eager to believe the worst and continue to amplify it … when in fact, no one was saying it from the beginning.

Another Kevin White or N'Keal Harry? Red flags are everywhere if you listen to Matt Waldman on Burks.
Could be.

But I keep going back to "Chase can't catch the football." "Chase can't see the laces." Oops, you shouldn't have let Chase go so late in your redraft leagues.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Burks is on the same talent level as Chase. But certainly these things can get overblown.

Another Kevin White or N'Keal Harry? Red flags are everywhere if you listen to Matt Waldman on Burks.
Could be.

But I keep going back to "Chase can't catch the football." "Chase can't see the laces." Oops, you shouldn't have let Chase go so late in your redraft leagues.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Burks is on the same talent level as Chase. But certainly these things can get overblown.
I hear what you’re saying, but struggling with drops, and lining up in the wrong spots & running the wrong routes are very different animals.

Also, IIRC, Chase was never demoted to 2nd or 3rd team reps.

A lot more smoke here. He may well turn out to be ok, but he’s had a rough camp.

that means he's headed for the HOF . Waldman likes = bust. Waldman dislikes = hall of fame candidate. dude is criminally wrong on just about everything. He'd argue the sun does not rise in the east. Sorry matt. it, in fact, does.
who listens to Waldman anyways?? how does he have a fantasy prognisticator job anyhow? remember teddy bridgewater was supposed to be the second coming , the boy king, the next pharaoh. instead he was/is a world class bum. Waldman killed the albatross with his nonsense about this loser QB, and 'always wrong' matty should be nothing more than a carnival barker or carnival ride starter. hey kid you're not 53" tall, you cant ride. your dad is probably racist because he doesn't believe me but look at this measuring stick. meanwhile , the kid is 72" tall.
Watch Burks videos from college. he was awesome. what red flags, that he has asthma? hard to practice when you can't breathe. Titans know about this stuff, and STILL traded AJ Brown away!
pretty much all you need to know.
not attacking you Johnny U, I'm attacking Waldman and the notion that he has a clue about anything.

Titans first-round WR Treylon Burks played into the fourth quarter of Thursday's preseason game against the Ravens.​

As charted by Pro Football Focus' Nathan Jahnke, there were red flags galore for Burks on Thursday evening. With the Titans resting Robert Woods and Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Dez Fitzpatrick and Racey McMath were the starters. Then fellow rookie Kyle Phillips was the first wideout to enter the game in three-wide sets. Only then did Burks get playing time, and it came on the third series. He then played into the final frame, which is highly, highly unusual if you are someone the team plans to count on in Week 1. In the box score, Burks was held without a catch on one target, also contributing a four-yard rush. It is difficult to say what exactly the Titans are getting at here, but if you take their actions at face value, they simply do not believe Burks is anywhere close to ready to be a featured part of their offense. Thankfully, Burks still has a month to change that between now and the opener.
SOURCE: Pro Football Focus
Aug 11, 2022, 10:32 PM ET

that means he's headed for the HOF . Waldman likes = bust. Waldman dislikes = hall of fame candidate. dude is criminally wrong on just about everything. He'd argue the sun does not rise in the east. Sorry matt. it, in fact, does.
who listens to Waldman anyways?? how does he have a fantasy prognisticator job anyhow? remember teddy bridgewater was supposed to be the second coming , the boy king, the next pharaoh. instead he was/is a world class bum. Waldman killed the albatross with his nonsense about this loser QB, and 'always wrong' matty should be nothing more than a carnival barker or carnival ride starter. hey kid you're not 53" tall, you cant ride. your dad is probably racist because he doesn't believe me but look at this measuring stick. meanwhile , the kid is 72" tall.
Watch Burks videos from college. he was awesome. what red flags, that he has asthma? hard to practice when you can't breathe. Titans know about this stuff, and STILL traded AJ Brown away!
not attacking you Johnny U, I'm attacking Waldman and the notion that he has a clue about anything.
Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel about Waldman.

With all the negative press, it's probably depressing his value in drafts, which is a good thing IMO. I don't expect much this year, but definitely could be a good value keeper/dynasty wise.

With all the negative press, it's probably depressing his value in drafts, which is a good thing IMO. I don't expect much this year, but definitely could be a good value keeper/dynasty wise.
I don't know that I would go so far as to say that Burks underperforming and battling injuries is a good thing, but it does potentially push his dynasty value down.

Has anyone seen Burks fall outside of the top 6 or 7 rookie picks? I have leapfrogged Pickens over Burks, but Garrett Wilson has had a quiet camp and preseason, Jameson Williams is likely to miss significant time, and Kenneth Walker is now sidelined with an injury. Drake London is dealing with an injury, which was his nemesis in college, also. Skyy Moore has been relatively quiet. Christian Watson was already facing a steep learning curve, and injuries have set him way back. Chris Olave and Jahan Dotson have impressed, but otherwise, there has not been much that moves the needle for me in my rookie rankings in the first ten picks or so.

Treylon Burks caught 1-of-3 targets for four yards in Saturday's preseason game against the Bucs.​

He was also the intended target on a Logan Woodside interception. It was yet another rough night for the No. 18 overall pick, as he once again found himself playing into the fourth quarter with the second- and third-team offense. He was then spotted on the sideline with a wrap on his left leg. With what constituted the first-team offense this evening, Pro Football Focus charted Burks as playing one fewer snap than both Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and Racey McMath. The Titans obviously believe Burks needs extra work, but he's not turning the reps into preseason production. While it's true he's playing with backups, he is also a first-round talent going up against backups on defense. There is no positive way to spin Burks' summer, but we know this is an extremely talented player with first-round draft capital. With his ADP plunging — WR45 on Underdog, WR61 on Yahoo — Burks is low risk in re-draft despite what is looking like low reward.
SOURCE: Nathan Jahnke on Twitter
Aug 20, 2022, 10:32 PM ET

Totally my POV here but Vrabel strikes me as the guy that will really hold a grudge against a player if he doesn't execute exactly how he wants it done. I am a little nervous.

Kevin White and N'Keal Harry may disagree with you.

Burks may eventually turn out to be good, but even in dynasty leagues I have concerns going forward if Willis assumes the reins next year. It may take time for him to get acclimated to the NFL game and not sure of his accuracy. Plus it's already a run heavy offense and will probably get only run heavier with Willis back there.

The camp/preseason concerns seem like a bunch of noise to me, or at least each one individually seems like a mountain out of a molehill situation. I'm still confidently in on him based on athleticism and body of work in college. The empty depth chsrt doesn't hurt either. It might take half a year just like it did with AJB, but he's going to eventually be the man here.

Burks may eventually turn out to be good, but even in dynasty leagues I have concerns going forward if Willis assumes the reins next year. It may take time for him to get acclimated to the NFL game and not sure of his accuracy. Plus it's already a run heavy offense and will probably get only run heavier with Willis back there.
Yeah, Willis does look rough. He seems to have really bad vision right now.

Just took him in the 14th in a PPR keeper draft, so yea.

Treylon Burks (undisclosed) was held out of Thursday's practice after departing early on Wednesday.​

Burks was on the exercise bike, suggesting a muscular injury of some sort. He was spotted with his left leg in a wrap after playing into the fourth quarter of the Titans' preseason game against the Bucs on Saturday. Burks has missed a boatload of reps with minor ailments this spring and summer. It is probably one of the reasons the Titans have tried to get him extra snaps deep into exhibition tilts, but none of it is promising with regards to his potential early-season production. At least early on, it is difficult to see how Burks helps managers in 12-team leagues.
SOURCE: Turron Davenport on Twitter
Aug 25, 2022, 1:41 PM ET

Treylon Burks caught 3-of-3 targets for 33 yards and a TD in Saturday's preseason finale against the Cardinals.​

Burks injured his wrist earlier in the game but was put back in to play meaningless football against backups. The Cardinals were as stunned as anyone that Burks was in the game, leaving him literally uncovered over the middle of the field. In fairness, Burks got open and made the play, getting up to speed quickly after the catch and converting the score from Malik Willis. While returning to the game wasn't ideal in regards to his Week 1 role, Burks did at least show that his wrist injury isn't serious. Pro Football Focus' Nate Janke also notes that Burks starting the game is a bullish sign, indicating that he has likely moved up to fourth on the depth chart. Burks will be behind Nick Westbrook Ikhine to begin the year, but his college profile indicates a high ceiling if he can earn playing time over the course of the year.
Aug 27, 2022, 9:42 PM ET

ESPN’s Dan Graziano reports the Titans have a “major role planned” for WR Treylon Burks.​

Robert Woods is slated to open the season as team's No. 1 receiver, but the Titans haven't given up on Burks, who is expected to "feature prominently in the pass game." The Titans gave Burks extra reps this preseason, playing him deep into games, as a way to get him up to speed after a nondescript training camp. Injuries and a rough preseason make it possible the Titans move Burks slowly, but with third-year WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and TE Austin Hooper the options for targets behind Woods, Burks could have a larger than expected Week 1 role.

SOURCE: ESPN
Sep 2, 2022, 6:47 PM ET

Is that the guy who loved Trey Sermon’s film?

He's not expected to start and I think it'll wind up being like AJB's rookie year- fourth fifth game he's a legit starter contributing regularly.
It'll probably be NWI opposite Woods.
"Welker's illegitimate son" plays the slot so well that he's probably a lock in that role (2TE offense some weeks 3WR offense predominant other weeks)
Burks has to beat out NWI. He's improved and looks pretty solid if unspectacular.
It's a good doable task for Burks to overcome

Is that the guy who loved Trey Sermon’s film?
Like everyone else Waldman has his hits and misses. Yes, he was big on Sermon and my favorite Hakeem Butler

Treylon Burks caught 3-of-5 targets for 55 yards in the Titans' Week 1 loss to the Giants.

Burks was second on the Titans in targets in this one and made good work of his opportunities. The rookie wide receiver caught his first pass for a 20-yard gain early in the first quarter and caught a 27-yard pass midway through the third quarter on a drive that ended with a Dontrell Hilliard touchdown. Tasked with serving as the replacement to A.J. Brown, Burks had some nice runs after the catch and gained good separation from opposing defensive backs. Burks can't be trusted as any more than a low-end WR3 in next week's game against Buffalo.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Treylon Burks caught 3-of-5 targets for 55 yards in the Titans' Week 1 loss to the Giants.

Burks was second on the Titans in targets in this one and made good work of his opportunities. The rookie wide receiver caught his first pass for a 20-yard gain early in the first quarter and caught a 27-yard pass midway through the third quarter on a drive that ended with a Dontrell Hilliard touchdown. Tasked with serving as the replacement to A.J. Brown, Burks had some nice runs after the catch and gained good separation from opposing defensive backs. Burks can't be trusted as any more than a low-end WR3 in next week's game against Buffalo.

- NBCSportsEDGE
I would maybe take that "second in targets" thing with a grain of salt. The first-round pick was second in targets behind another rookie WR, and just one ahead of the backup RB and a blocking TE. Burks might end up being good, and I was pleased with his first game, but he ain't "there" quite yet. He might get there but Philips has to be the big story from week 1, imo.

Position
Position
Targets
WRKyle Philips (rookie)

WRTreylon Burks (rookie)5
RBDontrell Hilliard4
TEGeoff Swaim4

- NBCSportsEDGE
I would maybe take that "second in targets" thing with a grain of salt. The first-round pick was second in targets behind another rookie WR, and just one ahead of the backup RB and a blocking TE. Burks might end up being good, and I was pleased with his first game, but he ain't "there" quite yet. He might get there but Philips has to be the big story from week 1, imo.

Position
Position
Targets
WRKyle Philips (rookie)

RBDontrell Hilliard4
TEGeoff Swaim4
Strange take. Don't be excited that Burks got targeted a lot downfield when on the field because another rookie (who effectively plays an entirely different position as a slot specialist) got more targets?

Burks usage when on the field was extremely encouraging, and the juice he showed on his touches was also something to get excited about. Don't put him in your lineups yet, but if he's getting the majority of snaps over NWI by the midway point, he's going to be in some champion team lineups.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Position
Position
Targets
WRKyle Philips (rookie)

RBDontrell Hilliard4
TEGeoff Swaim4
Strange take. Don't be excited that Burks got targeted a lot downfield when on the field because another rookie (who effectively plays an entirely different position as a slot specialist) got more targets?

Burks usage when on the field was extremely encouraging, and the juice he showed on his touches was also something to get excited about. Don't put him in your lineups yet, but if he's getting the majority of snaps over NWI by the midway point, he's going to be in some champion team lineups.
That wasn't exactly a "take" on Burks so much as a "take" on the wording of the post being quoted. Seemed like they over-played his target count while glossing over some relevant context, imo. Agree Burks' first outing was overall encouraging.

Burks looked good, going to be a stud WR for years to come. If anyone watches Brett Kollman on Youtube ( sometimes a guest on underdog sports) you know how highly regarded he had kyle philips. couldnt talk enough about this kid. and in week 1, he didn't disappoint. It was one game , yes. but it was a promising start.

Treylon Burks caught 4-of-6 targets for 47 yards in the Titans' Week 2 loss to the Bills.​

We're still waiting on Burks' breakout game, but the rookie receiver has gotten off to a solid start through two games. Looking explosive with the ball in his hands, Burks' biggest play came on a 16-yard reception to convert a third and 14 early in the second quarter, but he was otherwise kept quite for most of the afternoon. Through two games, Burks has caught seven passes for 102 yards (14.6 YPR) but is still in search of his first touchdown. He's a low-end WR3 next week against the Raiders.
Sep 20, 2022, 12:20 AM ET

Treylon Burks (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.​

It's a new injury for Burks, but the limited tag suggests he either was injured in the middle of practice or merely had his reps dialed back and should still play Week 3 against the Raiders. Burks has seven catches for 102 scoreless yards on 11 targets through two games.
Sep 21, 2022, 4:54 PM ET

Treylon Burks ran a route on 27-of-29 dropbacks in Week 3 against the Raiders.​

Despite an underwhelming day in which he caught one pass for 13 yards, Burks saw his busiest day as a pro against the Raiders. In addition to his 27 routes run, Burks also played on a career-high 39 snaps, ranking second among wide receivers behind Robert Woods (42). It's been a slow start for Burks through the first three weeks of the season, but he's trending in the right direction of a breakout. Burks feels like a boom or bust FLEX play in Week 4 against the Colts.
Sep 26, 2022, 11:10 AM ET

ESPN's Turron Davenport reports Titans offensive coordinator Todd Downing wants to get Treylon Burks more involved in the offense.​

"Burks is continuing to find an increasing role in the Titans game plan. The targets will continue to come his way," Davenport said. Downing "wants to get him more opportunities with the ball in his hands to take advantage of his yards after the catch ability." Burks in Week 3 saw season-high marks in snaps and pass routes against the Raiders, catching one pass for 13 yards. Burks' fantasy upside is probably somewhere in the WR3 range if he can command more targets in the coming weeks. Tennesee's offense remains one of the NFL's run heaviest.
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Sep 28, 2022, 9:19 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread