What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rondale Moore, ARZ (3 Viewers)

RONDALE MOORE WR, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury views second-round rookie Rondale Moore as more of an inside receiver and Andy Isabella as an outside receiver.

The Cardinals aren't lacking for speed, and that all starts with Moore and Isabella. Moore blazed a 4.29 40-yard dash at his pro day in March, while Isabella clocked a 4.31 at the 2019 NFL Combine. Despite the similarity in speed, Kingsbury views them in different roles with Moore in the slot and Isabella on the outside. That distinction could save Isabella's job, as Kingsbury added that they are not fighting for the same roster spot.

RELATED: 

Andy Isabella

SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter

Aug 5, 2021, 2:36 PM ET

To be fair, no Hopkins or Green, but still promising.
Of course not but those 2 are not going to do what Moore does.

Moore brings the triple option element that I think is a big part of Klingburys offense that's been missing without him.

You see the running lanes for the RB and QB get opened up by the threat of what Moore does.

I think it makes the whole offense better.

Of course not but those 2 are not going to do what Moore does.

Moore brings the triple option element that I think is a big part of Klingburys offense that's been missing without him.

You see the running lanes for the RB and QB get opened up by the threat of what Moore does.

I think it makes the whole offense better.
And it was nice to see his speed translate. When he turns up field, he just flies. 

And it was nice to see his speed translate. When he turns up field, he just flies. 
Yeah.

I hardly payed attention to pro day times this year but I did her the anouncers say Moore was timed as 4.29 speed?

Not sure if he is really that fast? Maybe he is. But he was definitely faster than the defenders trying to catch him.

I have concerns about his size, but I agree he looked good last night.
I can see that but I did like that he didn’t play small.  Finishes runs hard and when he was asked to block looked pretty strong and determined.  A good sign beyond his talent and playmaking.

I have concerns about his size, but I agree he looked good last night.
I don’t think he’s going to be a traditional WR due to his size and short arms. I see him as a Darren Sproles with elite speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.  More of a gadget player…those types typically don’t become fantasy studs.  
Those players also usually don’t have the profile of athleticism, draft capital  and college production that Moore comes with. Plus he landed on the right team for this kind of hybrid RB/WR. 

Those players also usually don’t have the profile of athleticism, draft capital  and college production that Moore comes with. Plus he landed on the right team for this kind of hybrid RB/WR
I would say Sproles also landed on the right team to maximize his talent (after FA anyway). Not much draft capital though. 

Sproles turned in some strong seasons in PPR. Rondale is quite a bit more explosive and faster, at least by testing numbers. He kind of has to thread a needle for sustained fantasy relevance, but I agree that he's already cleared a couple major hurdles. 

He's short, but he is not small.

He's solid

Plenty of video of him breaking tackles. In case you were wondering, as a true freshman he weighed 9 more pounds than Devonta Smith does now.  

Moore involved in 4 different plays on the first drive.
I just got around to watching the game. There were only 3 plays on the first drive. He caught a pass on the first play from scrimmage but then came out until the second drive - he had four plays on that drive.

Just wanted to correct the record.

I was at the game tonight. A few observations:

1. He played just about every down in the first half. I think I only saw him out once.

2. He’s fast

3. He played every single snap in the slot. I don’t remember seeing him line up out wide one time.

4. He ran very short routes all night. I’d say his longest route was 7 yards or so. Every single time he would take a few steps and cut to the middle.

5. He was wide open in the flat on one play and McCoy didn’t look that way.

If this is any indication, he seems like a guy who will have a lot of 6 for 50 type games with the occasional long one for a TD. But it does seem like they try to scheme him the ball a pretty good amount.

He is ahead of Kirk on the depth chart?
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Moore play ahead of Kirk early on. But the Cards run a lot of four wide sets so they will probably both see a decent amount of snaps along with Green and Hopkins. And once Green gets hurt, it’s a whole different story.

I was at the game tonight. A few observations:

1. He played just about every down in the first half. I think I only saw him out once.

2. He’s fast

3. He played every single snap in the slot. I don’t remember seeing him line up out wide one time.

4. He ran very short routes all night. I’d say his longest route was 7 yards or so. Every single time he would take a few steps and cut to the middle.

5. He was wide open in the flat on one play and McCoy didn’t look that way.

If this is any indication, he seems like a guy who will have a lot of 6 for 50 type games with the occasional long one for a TD. But it does seem like they try to scheme him the ball a pretty good amount.
So he is basically the Larry Fitz replacement (I just realized Larry Fitz didn't get re-signed and now is in broadcasting....just slipped off into the sunset without any fanfare.) but faster and twitchier than Fitz was in recent years.

Fitz was never exciting to own, but reliable.  Looks like a good PPR flex?  Or is the other rookie Moore (Elijah) a more exciting prospect?

So he is basically the Larry Fitz replacement (I just realized Larry Fitz didn't get re-signed and now is in broadcasting....just slipped off into the sunset without any fanfare.) but faster and twitchier than Fitz was in recent years.

Fitz was never exciting to own, but reliable.  Looks like a good PPR flex?  Or is the other rookie Moore (Elijah) a more exciting prospect?
I'd rather have Elijah, but am excited about both. Just a much easier path to #1 status for Elijah. Rondale probably will start hotter this season, but Hopkins is a pretty big stumbling block, and one who hasn''t been on the field in the preseason.

I think Rondale Moore is more fun to watch but I have both Moores as the same tier of prospect. Upside to become WR 2 for fantasy within their 1st 3 seasons.

I prefer Murray over Wilson for now but Wilson has looked good so far.

As travdogg points out Elijah has a better chance to become his teams top WR though because Hopkins is so good.

I dont think you can go wrong with either of them. 60 + receptions as rookies seems like a good possibility for them 

I think Rondale Moore is more fun to watch but I have both Moores as the same tier of prospect. Upside to become WR 2 for fantasy within their 1st 3 seasons.

I prefer Murray over Wilson for now but Wilson has looked good so far.

As travdogg points out Elijah has a better chance to become his teams top WR though because Hopkins is so good.

I dont think you can go wrong with either of them. 60 + receptions as rookies seems like a good possibility for them 
If either of them can turn into a consistent fringe WR2 then I think it's a win.

I see Moore as overvalued in dynasty...I'm not a fan of the gadget low ADOT, small WR types.

Hard Pass

I see Moore as overvalued in dynasty...I'm not a fan of the gadget low ADOT, small WR types.

Hard Pass
Interesting you say that. I’m a Cards fan and was excited to see what he could do, but I just gave Moore, a 22 1st and a 23 1st for Ridley. Feeling great about it.

But I’m bummed I’m off the train.

Guys like Steve Smith? Maybe even Hines Ward?

(Plus a little bump in speed and strength.)

Rondale Moore - 5'7 181

Steve Smith - 5'9 195

Hines Ward - 6'0 205

Moore is tiny and already had an injury history in college...which is partially why he slid in the NFL draft.  Buyer beware.

Interesting you say that. I’m a Cards fan and was excited to see what he could do, but I just gave Moore, a 22 1st and a 23 1st for Ridley. Feeling great about it.

But I’m bummed I’m off the train.

that's highway robbery my friend

I see

Moore

as overvalued in dynasty...I'm not a fan of the gadget low ADOT, small WR types.

Hard Pass
I get what you are saying but also this class was pretty light. I think he got appropriately ranked after the tier of Waddle/EMoore/Marshall but before the tier of Toney/ARSB/Dyami/Eskridge/Nico. 

Rondale Moore - 5'7 181

Steve Smith - 5'9 195

Hines Ward - 6'0 205

Moore is tiny and already had an injury history in college...which is partially why he slid in the NFL draft.  Buyer beware.
Now do it when it's actually apples to apples (when they were drafted):

Rondale Moore- 5'7" 181 lbs

Steve Smith- 5'9" 184 lbs

Hines Ward- 5'11.6" 195 lbs

Tyreek Hill- 5'8" 185 lbs

Moore is 1 yr. younger than all of these guys were at the time as well.

Now do it when it's actually apples to apples (when they were drafted):

Rondale Moore- 5'7" 181 lbs

Steve Smith- 5'9" 184 lbs

Hines Ward- 5'11.6" 195 lbs

Tyreek Hill- 5'8" 185 lbs

Moore is 1 yr. younger than all of these guys were at the time as well.
Fishing for outliers...good luck with that.

Fishing for outliers...good luck with that.
You're the only one fishing here.

Antonio Brown, Jamison Crowder, Wes Welker, Brandin Cooks, Cole Beasley, Desean Jackson, TY Hilton, etc.

All NFL WRs are outliers, but while I'd prefer my WR's in the mold of Calvin Johnson, there are plenty of smaller WRs who have been successful as well.

You're the only one fishing here.

Antonio Brown, Jamison Crowder, Wes Welker, Brandin Cooks, Cole Beasley, Desean Jackson, TY Hilton, etc.

All NFL WRs are outliers, but while I'd prefer my WR's in the mold of Calvin Johnson, there are plenty of smaller WRs who have been successful as well.

From the FF Index page 17

"In the LAST FIFTY YEARS only five 5 foot 8 receivers caught 60 passes in a season"

So yeah, you are fishing for outliers if you think Rondale Moore is going to be a thing.

From the FF Index page 17

"In the LAST FIFTY YEARS only five 5 foot 8 receivers caught 60 passes in a season"

So yeah, you are fishing for outliers if you think Rondale Moore is going to be a thing.

Everywhere I look Rondale is 5'7".

Users who are viewing this thread