What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rondale Moore, ARZ (3 Viewers)

About Thursday I had a feeling the hype train was out of control. Started him but not surprised by his disappearence.

Rooked into thinking these numbers would just keep flowing, just didn't happen today and they are even going to cover the spread, incredible Jacksonville was leading 19-10 2nd half at one point.  

Rooked into thinking these numbers would just keep flowing, just didn't happen today and they are even going to cover the spread, incredible Jacksonville was leading 19-10 2nd half at one point.  
I'm not worried about him as long as they use him. Guy can play. But if Hopkins, Green, and Kirk are all healthy, usage might be a problem sometimes like today. Take one of those guys out and I think the ball naturally finds him. I'm pretty sure his snap counts are lower than the others.

Rondale Moore caught both of his targets for one yard and rushed one for three yards in the Cardinals' Week 3 win over the Jaguars.

It was A.J. Green (5-112) and Christian Kirk's (7-104) turn for big games in this one, seeing a combined 14 targets while Moore and DeAndre Hopkins (3-21) took steps back. Moore entered Sunday with 11-182-1 as a receiver and should bounce back as an upside WR3/4 next week against the Rams.

Rondale Moore caught 3-of-3 targets for 28 yards in the Cardinals' Week 4 win over the Rams, adding two rushes for nine yards. 

It wasn't as bad as last week, but it still didn't approach Moore's gangbusters Weeks 1 and 2 box scores. Dual-threat Kyler Murray is spreading the ball around, with not even DeAndre Hopkins catching more than four passes in three straight weeks. Moore will be a pop-a-shot WR5 worth betting on in an O that has yet to score fewer than 30 points. He has an A+ Week 5 matchup in the 49ers.

How many times am I going to pickup and drop Rondale Moore this year? I’ve still yet to start him, so he hasn’t hurt me or helped me. 

But the truth has already been stated. Too many mouths to feed in that offense to try to play the guessing game on who the WR2 will be this week. Especially with Ertz dropping in. 

Back to the wire you go Moore.

Production has been sporadic but he did catch 11 balls yesterday.
For a historically low amount of yardage. Literally the least yardage anyone’s ever gained on 11 receptions. 

That’s more of a function of how they’re using him, but you’d like to see more YAC if they’re intent on using him as an extension of the run game. I’m sure part of it is that Colt McCoy’s arm scares nobody downfield so they’re compressing the coverage 

For a historically low amount of yardage. Literally the least yardage anyone’s ever gained on 11 receptions. 

That’s more of a function of how they’re using him, but you’d like to see more YAC if they’re intent on using him as an extension of the run game. I’m sure part of it is that Colt McCoy’s arm scares nobody downfield so they’re compressing the coverage 
Waddle had a 12-catch game for 58 yards (4.8 ypc) in game 3 and Moore 11 catches for 51 (4.6).

Yep, it's the way they're being used. Waddle has been used on longer routes in recent games. He's up to 9.1 ypc for the season, Moore is at 8.8.  

Rondale Moore caught 3-of-4 targets for five yards in the Cardinals' Week 14 loss to the Rams, adding 11 yards on two rushing attempts.

Moore's aDOT is insanely-low, making him unusable in fantasy as the Cardinals' WR4 who doesn't get chances down the field. He can't be trusted in season-long lineups, even with a Week 15 date against the Lions on tap.

Dec 14, 2021, 12:26 AM ET

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Rondale Moore (ankle) is getting an MRI.

Moore's role has remained mostly consistent despite the Cardinals losing DeAndre Hopkins twice this year, most recently for the remainder of the regular season. Instead of giving his dynamic rookie more reps, Kingsbury has opted to replace Hopkins with Antoine Wesley. Moore can be forgotten about in all fantasy formats regardless of the outcome of this MRI.

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter

Dec 20, 2021, 3:48 PM ET

Speaking at the Combine, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Rondale Moore will be a "much bigger part of the offense in 2022."

Kingsbury also said "the goal" for Moore will be to "get him the ball in space." Kingsbury's comments are the platonic ideal of what Moore partisans want to hear, though it was easier said than done for Kliff and Kyler Murray in 2021. Working in Moore's favor is the fact that not only are Christian Kirk and A.J. Green free agents, but Zach Ertz, Chase Edmonds and James Conner are, as well. Even if a few of those players are re-signed, there are going to be targets for the taking, and why would the Cardinals not want to funnel them to their 21-year-old former second-rounder? Kingsbury does still need to prove that's the kind of coaching he can manage. Unless it has been DeAndre Hopkins pulling down contested catches, Kingsbury has been poor at scheming specific players the ball. Although he will probably always be a low aDOT player, Moore needs the ball further down the field in 2022.  

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter 

Mar 1, 2022, 2:13 PM ET

The Arizona Republic's Bob McManaman reports Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury wants Rondale Moore "more fully utilized across the offense" this season.​

Kingsbury acknowledged Moore was frustrated about his lack of usage in the Arizona offense after DeAndre Hopkins' season-ending injury in 2021. “All of a sudden his role got minimized more than he anticipated, yeah. I felt the frustration and rightfully so,” Kingsbury said. “He’s a tremendous player. We had a lot of great wideouts last year. I’m big on addressing the problem right there, so you don’t let it fester. ... “We had some difficult conversations, but he’ll get his opportunities this year.”
The "great" receivers Kingsbury referred to include A.J. Green and Antoine Wesley, both of whom out-targeted Moore in the final seven weeks of the 2021 regular season. Deployed strictly as a gadget player over the season's last couple months, Moore saw nine total targets over his final three games before missing Week 16-18 with an ankle injury. Moore during training camp has been used on the outside, in the slot, and out of the backfield. Whether that usage holds up when games count is another question entirely. Hopkins' six-game suspension could create some early-season opportunities for Moore, who is only interesting in PPR formats.
SOURCE: AZCentral.com
Aug 9, 2022, 12:07 PM ET

The Cards need him. Hopkins is suspended. Chase Edmonds is gone. They are dropping the ball if they don’t give him a Sproles like role.

Speaking Wednesday, coach Kliff Kingsbury said Rondale Moore (undisclosed) "will be close" for Week 1.​

Moore was working on a side field at Wednesday's practice, along with fellow injured RB Jonathan Ward. We really don't have much else to go off of here, but it's at least promising that Moore was out there getting some work in. Teams will be required to submit official practice reports starting next week at this time.
SOURCE: Tyler Drake on Twitter
Aug 31, 2022, 1:23 PM ET

Not much talk about Moore around here. He seems to be popping up in a lot of week 1 waiver wire darlings analysis I’m reading.

He had a few games he shined last year, and then disappeared.

The Cards need him. Hopkins is suspended. Chase Edmonds is gone. They are dropping the ball if they don’t give him a Sproles like role.
Ertz has a calf injury and Antoine Wesley is on IR. If Moore is healthy he could be big early on. Also, watch out for Greg Dortch. He can play.

Rondale Moore was forced from Thursday's practice with a hamstring injury and is undergoing an MRI.​

That qualifies as a "yikes." It is most unwelcome news for a team trying to weather DeAndre Hopkins' suspension, one slated for an opening-week shootout with the Chiefs. The in-practice injury comes as Zach Ertz battles through a calf issue leaving him questionable for Week 1. Were Moore to sit — the presence of an MRI is ominous — it would be Marquise Brown and not much else, with A.J. Green and Antoine Wesley the next men up. If you were counting on Moore was a WR3/4, it is time to start making other plans.
SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Sep 8, 2022, 4:50 PM ET

Murray is going to struggle throwing to Hollywood and AJ Green if Ertz and Moore can’t go.
Not worried about Murray at all, he's still got McBride, though it sounds like Ertz isn't in any danger of missing. Maybe it's finally Isabella time? Or maybe Murray just runs more.

I would consider this as potentially bad news for Hollywood Brown as well, considering he’s now the only WR the defense has to be concerned with.

The ghost of AJ Green isn’t scaring anyone.

Ugh, I hate this. Kid seems snakebitten by lower body injuries. Also I drafted him very late in a lppr eague where return yards count (and it seems I am the only one who realizes it). He could be a huge advantage if he can get right.

Speaking Friday, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Rondale Moore (hamstring) is "50-50" to play Week 1 against the Chiefs.​

Kingsbury noted they're still "trying to figure out" the severity of Moore's injury. He pulled the hammy in Thursday's practice. Mid-week soft-tissue injuries are almost always a killer when it comes to that player's availability for the game that week. We'd consider Moore more on the side of doubtful for Sunday. A.J. Green, Andy Isabella, and Greg Dortch are the wideouts on the roster behind Marquise Brown.
Sep 9, 2022, 1:18 PM ET

Speaking Friday, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said Rondale Moore (hamstring) is "50-50" to play Week 1 against the Chiefs.​

Kingsbury noted they're still "trying to figure out" the severity of Moore's injury. He pulled the hammy in Thursday's practice. Mid-week soft-tissue injuries are almost always a killer when it comes to that player's availability for the game that week. We'd consider Moore more on the side of doubtful for Sunday. A.J. Green, Andy Isabella, and Greg Dortch are the wideouts on the roster behind Marquise Brown.
We don't know what's wrong with him, but he's 50-50. ok.

We don't know what's wrong with him, but he's 50-50. ok.

Yeah but wasn't this out previously from a hammy and then two days later re-injured it bad enough that he now needs an MRI?

I don't Rondal will be on the field for awhile

Nevermind....most reports say the previous injury was undisclosed.

I had just listened to a Phoenix based show and they made it sound like everyone knew what the first injury was...

He's too short. Let me know what 5,7 WR ever became fantasy relevant. Hell, I am taller than this guy and I am not a large man. He's 2 inches shorter than STEVE SMITH and 2 inches taller than TRINDON HOLLIDAY.

Tavon Austin is taller and weighs more than this guy...

Tavon Austin is taller and weighs more than this guy..
What? Austin weighs less than Rondale, while being 1 inch taller.

Also, are you suggesting he wouldn't have injured his hammy if he were taller? I've not heard that correlation before.

Ugh, I hate this. Kid seems snakebitten by lower body injuries. Also I drafted him very late in a lppr eague where return yards count (and it seems I am the only one who realizes it). He could be a huge advantage if he can get right.
That he does. Looked like a golden opportunity to claim the Kirk role while Hopkins is out, and now who knows how long this will linger.

That he does. Looked like a golden opportunity to claim the Kirk role while Hopkins is out, and now who knows how long this will linger.
At least he’s been ruled out early enough that I can IR him and add a speculative add for the weekend. Trying to find a silver lining.

Rondale Moore (hamstring) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.​

Moore was injured in practice last week and hasn't been on the field since. His Week 2 status remains in serious doubt. With Moore out and DeAndre Hopkins suspended, Greg Dortch tied Marquise Brown for the team lead with 42 routes, while Dortch led the team in targets (9), catches (7), and yards (63). A.J. Green operated as the third wideout.
RELATED:
Sep 14, 2022, 6:11 PM ET

Rondale Moore (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday.​

Back-to-back DNPs put Moore on the doubtful side of questionable for Week 2's game against the Raiders. Moore looked to have a golden opportunity to put up some fantasy numbers with DeAndre Hopkins sidelined, but instead it was the Greg Dortch show in Week 1. It's starting to look like Dortch will get another chance at big target numbers in Week 2.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter
Sep 15, 2022, 2:11 PM ET

Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson reports Rondale Moore (hamstring) is unlikely to play Week 2 against the Raiders.​

Moore suffered a serious hamstring injury days before the Cardinals' season opener and could miss more than Week 2, according to Wilson. That sets up the unheralded Greg Dortch as Arizona's slot receiver. In Week 1 against the Chiefs, Dortch led all Cardinals pass catchers in targets, catches, and receiving yards. He's a sneaky PPR option in 12-team leagues this week against Vegas.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com

Another guy I'm thinking about cutting because he is burning his opportunity
Seems early unless you have another player that you feel strongly about. Would really like to see his role in the O.

Thus why i hold but the more the season gets on the less his impact is going to be. 4 weeks until hopkins is back for example...this was his big shot to be awesome

I wouldn’t cut him. I think he could be Curtis Samuel like when he comes back. I think he’ll have a roll even when Hopkins comes back. The Cards will be throwing a ton because their defense is gonna stink..

Rondale Moore (hamstring) will not play in Week 3's game against the Rams.​

Moore hasn't gotten in a practice since injuring the hamstring before Week 1. Maybe things will change next week, but there doesn't seem to be much momentum towards him returning at the moment. Kliff Kingsbury told reporters: "I'm hoping within the next two weeks he'll play. If not next week, I would guarantee the game after." The inevitable Greg Dortch will once again see major snaps for the Cardinals and could be in the WR3 conversation against the Rams.
Sep 23, 2022, 1:08 PM ET

I wouldn’t cut him. I think he could be Curtis Samuel like when he comes back. I think he’ll have a roll even when Hopkins comes back. The Cards will be throwing a ton because their defense is gonna stink..
Tougher to hold this guy every day. Is he going to beat Hopkins to the field? Is he worth holding when Hopkins does return?

Users who are viewing this thread