What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Romeo Doubs, GB (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure how he was there but in my 12-team dynasty league I just grabbed him and dropped Darnell Mooney. That was the easiest decision I've made this year. My other WRs are Pittman, St. Brown, London, M.Williams and Gallup. Cutting Gallup would have been a lot more difficult.

Doubs or Pickens? Feels like safe vs. upside
I'd go Pickens....seems like his star is on the rise and could be the #1 in the offense while Doubs is stuck in the 2nd/3rd wr zone and is more up and down. I have both in different leagues and like both of them but definitely see more upside in Pickens.

Packers' Romeo Doubs: Targeted nine times

by RotoWire Staff
(58 mins ago) Doubs was targeted nine times and caught four passes for 21 yards in Sunday's 27-10 loss to the Jets.
The nine passes thrown in Doubs' direction were a career high, but he and Aaron Rodgers only connected four times, and none of those picked up more than eight yards. Doubs was a bit quiet the past two weeks, but he should continue seeing plenty of opportunities, as he played all but three snaps in Sunday's contest and, among the Packers' top five wideouts, is one of only two players who heads into Week 7 without an injury issue.

Romeo Doubs caught 0-of-4 targets in the Packers Week 7 loss to the Commanders.

Doubs dropped a key fourth and one reception and was otherwise invisible. While his emergence to fantasy relevance as a Day 3 pick has been impressive, Doubs doesn't seem ready to handle the defensive attention he's getting. He looks like a low-floor FLEX dart throw when the Packers take on the Bills in Week 8.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Might be time to drop him. Not sure if it's him, Rodgers or both.
He's getting dropped for me as well. Nothing to see here. A 4th round rookie playing on a struggling offense. I wouldn't be surprised if late season Doubs becomes a more consistent contributor and is worth restoring again but in normal size redraft leagues, I am not waiting around on that any longer.

After his 4th drown drop Rodgers could be seen saying "What the f%#% are we doing out here?" Not sure if that was directed at Doubs or the offense in general but Rodgers' doghouse is not where a rookie WR wants to be.

After his 4th drown drop Rodgers could be seen saying "What the f%#% are we doing out here?" Not sure if that was directed at Doubs or the offense in general but Rodgers' doghouse is not where a rookie WR wants to be.
I'm not sure who to believe. I watched a bunch of throws Rogers made that basically we're so close to the ground/underthrown they would have been impossible to catch. Now maybe that's just me but I don't know if I want to put it all on doubs.

I traded away JuJu to get Doubs and felt like I was trading away a fading talent lost in a sea of receiving options for a promising young potential #1 WR in an Aaron Rodgers offense. I now realize that I lost that trade.

Can’t drop Doubs even though I want to because I just lost Mike Williams. Oh fantasy, you cruel devil.

Rodgers is not playing well at all. He is not reading the defense or plays all that well

Throwing to the wrong receiver, etc. He definitely does not help the young player learn and get better.

LaFleur not helping either with his play calling. Offense is awful, why they are not using their two good RB to run the offense through is beyond me.
This team is going no where.

Rodgers is not playing well at all. He is not reading the defense or plays all that well

Throwing to the wrong receiver, etc. He definitely does not help the young player learn and get better.

LaFleur not helping either with his play calling. Offense is awful, why they are not using their two good RB to run the offense through is beyond me.
This team is going no where.
Rodgers appears to be an awful teammate and he's a gutless choke artist to boot.

Can’t drop Doubs even though I want to because I just lost Mike Williams. Oh fantasy, you cruel devil.
I checked the rules - you can totally drop Doubs regardless. I would. Seems like it’ll be a cold day in hell before Rodgers looks his way again.
Got same marginal response on "selling Doubs" too low for a mid-2nd. Glad I have moved on from the GB disaster.

ARod can go on the Pat McAfee show this week and announce how they have to get Doubs more involved again.

I’m out on Doubs also. Probably a good thing to get away from all not Aaron Jones since they have a week 14 bye.

I'll bench him for now as I don't see anyone on our WW that I could drop him for. :shrug:

That's kind of surprising given all the RBs in Carolina and Baltimore that were picked up last week and the drops to cover Bills D and Kicker.
We got a lot of hoarders in our league. :)

Although, looks like Wandale Robinson might be available. Will maybe make a bid for him but he doesn't inspire confidence either.

I'll bench him for now as I don't see anyone on our WW that I could drop him for. :shrug:

That's kind of surprising given all the RBs in Carolina and Baltimore that were picked up last week and the drops to cover Bills D and Kicker.
We got a lot of hoarders in our league. :)

Although, looks like Wandale Robinson might be available. Will maybe make a bid for him but he doesn't inspire confidence either.

I think that would be a good move.

So much churn last week on the wire. I ended up handcuffed and injuries and byes clogged the roster. Picked up Chubba and then dropped him a day later for Gus. I didn't even look to see if someone grabbed Chubba.

Looking at the waning hour, Foreman, Palmer, Duverney, and Samauls were all dropped yesterday prior to kickoff.

Rodgers expects every WR to be perfect. He has had it good his whole career.

He has never been friendly or tried to help young receivers learn or grow. As witnessed by a receiver would have had to be there
for 2-3 years before Rodgers accepted him, they had to adapt to what he did.

Think Rodgers is a cancer, has been his whole career. Not a team guy

Is Doubs a better FF play this week vs. Detroit WITH Lazard playing, or WITHOUT? I'm thinking more targets if Lazard is out, but maybe higher quality targets (IE Doubs gets more separation from 2nd best db/defender) if Lazard does play.

Is Doubs a better FF play this week vs. Detroit WITH Lazard playing, or WITHOUT? I'm thinking more targets if Lazard is out, but maybe higher quality targets (IE Doubs gets more separation from 2nd best db/defender) if Lazard does play.
This is about make or break at this point…he needs a big game vs the awful Lions (and I hate saying that….everyone feasts on them. I was hopeful for him but he’s not ascending.

This is about make or break at this point…he needs a big game vs the awful Lions (and I hate saying that….everyone feasts on them. I was hopeful for him but he’s not ascending.
What do you mean by “he’s not ascending”?
He’s coming off a very nice game and has looked mostly very good for a rookie.

Rodgers expects every WR to be perfect. He has had it good his whole career.

He has never been friendly or tried to help young receivers learn or grow. As witnessed by a receiver would have had to be there
for 2-3 years before Rodgers accepted him, they had to adapt to what he did.

Think Rodgers is a cancer, has been his whole career. Not a team guy
Has a rookie WR ever been successful with Tom Brady?

He certainly hasn’t lived up to early hype but make or break? Too early for that.

Doubs had a couple of duds, but he has had a few decent games including vs BUF. His separation might be an issue.

>>Top 5 offense​

1. QB Aaron Rodgers: 89.2
2. LT David Bakhtiari: 88.8
3. RB Aaron Jones: 85.1
4. LG Zach Tom: 73.2
5. WR Romeo Doubs: 72.7

Rodgers created four “big-time throws,” including three thrown over 20 yards, and played well from clean pockets. Bakhtiari didn’t allow a pressure over 34 pass-blocking snaps and was the team’s highest-graded run blocker. Jones forced a career-high 13 missed tackles as a runner, had four runs of 10 or more yards and created seven rushing first downs. Tom gave up two pressures but was solid as a run-blocker at left guard. Doubs made two contested catches (including the touchdown) and averaged over 2.0 yards per route run. Overall, the Packers earned an elite run grade.<<

He is about what I expect. This offense really only supports one WR in recent years. For a while it really was just Davante. Lazard is Rodgers’ guy.

Users who are viewing this thread