What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashod Bateman, BAL (1 Viewer)

Rashod Bateman (foot) remained sidelined at Thursday's practice.​

The Ravens have tried to put a brave face on Bateman's odds of suiting up for Sunday's game against the Bengals, but it is not looking good. At the bare minimum, Bateman would need a "limited" session on Friday, and even that might not be enough at this point. His absence would leave Devin Duvernay as the Ravens' "No. 1 receiver." Fantasy managers are advised to look elsewhere.
SOURCE: Kyle Barber on Twitter
Oct 6, 2022, 2:14 PM ET

Speaking Monday, Ravens HC John Harbaugh told reporters that WR Rashod Bateman (foot) might be back this week."​

Bateman missed Week 5 with a foot injury, leaving Devin Duvernay to work as the top wide receiver, and further funneling targets to Mark Andrews, who led the team with nine. Bateman's practice status will be important to monitor this week, but he seems less likely than not to be ready for Week 6 after not practicing all of last week. Duvernay will continue to be a fill-in option for as long as Bateman remains sidelined.
SOURCE: Jamison Williams on Twitter
Oct 10, 2022, 2:49 PM ET

Rashod Bateman (foot) did not practice Wednesday.​

Bateman sat out Week 5 because of the foot issue. Though it's only Wednesday, an early-week DNP is an ominous sign for his Week 6 status. With Bateman out last week, Devin Duvernay set a season-high in targets (seven) and receptions (five). No other wide receiver on the team saw more than two targets. Duvernay would be a solid WR4 option if Bateman is out again.
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Oct 12, 2022, 2:17 PM ET

Rashod Bateman (foot) did not practice Friday.​

Expect a rule-out later this afternoon. Bateman has not practiced at all since injuring the foot in Week 4. Devin Duvernay was the only Ravens receiver with more than two targets last week and will likely assume most of the work against the Giants on Sunday.
SOURCE: Ryan Mink on Twitter
Oct 14, 2022, 1:10 PM ET

Speaking Monday, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said Rashod Bateman (foot) is "close" to a return.​

Harbaugh didn't specify whether or not Bateman would be active for Week 7 against the Browns but said they'd be talking about him later on in the week. He did note that Bateman is dealing with a foot sprain, and added that several players who have been out are also close to returning. We'll likely have a clearly picture on Bateman's status on Wednesday when the team releases its first injury report.
Oct 17, 2022, 2:53 PM ET

Will the signing of Desean Jackson help or hurt Bateman? I expected big things for Bateman this year, but have been let down so far. I hope they still give Bateman a few of those deep shots like he had in weeks 1 & 2.

Just traded Bateman, Kyle Pitts, and Doubs for Courtland Sutton, Dalton Schultz and AJ Dillon. I was high on Bateman but he just seems like he is going to be reliant on a long touchdown catch every week to justify starting him. Already a little banged up, not a redzone target at all, I’m out. Good luck.

Just traded Bateman, Kyle Pitts, and Doubs for Courtland Sutton, Dalton Schultz and AJ Dillon. I was high on Bateman but he just seems like he is going to be reliant on a long touchdown catch every week to justify starting him. Already a little banged up, not a redzone target at all, I’m out. Good luck.
I think the redzone target thing is tbd. Not disputing you - just saying in the games he was healthy I don;t believe there were too many chances in the redzone to extrapolate upon.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "there is optimism that WR Rashod Bateman (foot) plays" in Week 7 against the Browns.​

Bateman returned to practice on Wednesday after missing a pair of games because of the foot issue. He never surpassed a limited status in practice, but John Harbaugh did say he was close to returning early in the week. All signs point to Bateman playing, though it's possible he is kept on a snap-count in his return. Bateman will be a risky WR3/4 option once he's officially announced as active.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Oct 23, 2022, 8:20 AM ET

Rashod Bateman (foot) is active for Week 7 against the Browns.​

Bateman will suit up for the first time since Week 4. He was the Ravens' primary big-play threat before his foot injury, leading the league in yards after the catch over expected through the regular season's first month. Bateman remains a distant No. 2 option behind Mark Andrews though, and should be treated as a WR3 play against the Browns.
SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
Oct 23, 2022, 11:37 AM ET

Going to need a "show me" game before I consider starting him but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Now I need him to step up and be #1 we all expect him to be, not Captain Boom or Bust.

Rashod Bateman caught 4-of-5 targets for 42 yards in the Ravens' Week 7 win against the Browns.

Bateman (and the rest of the Baltimore pass catchers) had limited opportunity as Lamar Jackson threw a mere 16 passes against Cleveland in a run-heavy attack. Bateman, who hasn't played since Week 4 with a lingering foot injury, ran a pass route on 71.4 percent of the team's drop backs. It's not the best usage. If Baltimore leans on the run in Week 8 against the Bucs, Bateman could again be reliant on big plays and touchdowns.

- NBCSportsEDGE

He did his part, but Lamar seems unable to take the next steps.
Interesting that a team actually schemed Andrews out of the game. I wonder if the Browns have created a blueprint?

I'm not sure this was the "show me" game I was looking for. Although, with losing Breece Hall and R. Doubs crapping the bed I may be forced to play him now.

Rashod Bateman (undisclosed) was not seen at the portion of Tuesday's practice open to media.​

Bateman wasn't on the injury report yesterday, though typically the reports leading up to Thursday night football can be a little hit-or-miss with more estimated participation statuses. What we know is that Bateman played through a questionable listing on Sunday and came away with 4/42 on five targets. He'll be an interesting Week 8 showdown play and an upside WR3 if this isn't something serious.
SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
Oct 25, 2022, 2:10 PM ET

Rashod Bateman aggravated his foot injury in Baltimore's Week 8 game against the Bucs and will not return.​

Goodness gracious. Battling his foot issue since Week 4, Bateman returned for Week 7 but generated a modest 42 yards on five targets. He played only 36-of-64 snaps. Then he didn't seem right during the Ravens' short-week practices but they threw him out there anyways. Now, like Mark Andrews, he is hurt again and potentially starting at a multi-week absence. Even if Bateman's aggravation is minor, he will almost certainly be held out in Week 9 with the Ravens going on bye in Week 10.
Oct 27, 2022, 10:10 PM ET

Ravens coach John Harbaugh believes Rashod Bateman escaped with a "tweak" of his foot issue in Baltimore's Week 8 win over the Bucs.​

It's good news, though Harbaugh might not be the best person to ask about Bateman's health after he let him play at what seemed to be considerably less than 100 percent before tonight's setback. Bateman has 10 days to get healthy for Week 9, but with the Ravens headed on bye for Week 10, another extended rest might be in order. We might not get another official update on Bateman's health until next Wednesday's injury report. To state the obvious, fantasy managers could to be making other WR3 plans for the time being.
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Oct 28, 2022, 12:03 AM ET

Let me save you all some trouble.

If you're in a redraft league without an IR slot, just cut him now. He's in the dreaded Lisfranc Spiral. First they say it's not big deal. Then they say it may be a few weeks. A month from now they'll tease that me may be close to coming back. That will go on for a couple of weeks and then they'll finally announce they're shutting him down for the year.

Let me save you all some trouble.

If you're in a redraft league without an IR slot, just cut him now. He's in the dreaded Lisfranc Spiral. First they say it's not big deal. Then they say it may be a few weeks. A month from now they'll tease that me may be close to coming back. That will go on for a couple of weeks and then they'll finally announce they're shutting him down for the year.

Absolute bum

Yep. Can't believe I wasted a draft spot on this guy. However, there is literally nobody on our WW to replace him with so all I can do is hope and pray the lights go on with this guy at some point.

This guy was predicted by one major FF site to be fantasy MVP. Oh well, sometimes sites have to make bold claims to stand out.

made of glass apparently
That is a bit premature.
IIRC, he had issues last year w/injuries too, no?
Aug 10, 2021NFLInguinal Groin Strain Grade 2Bateman suffered a groin injury at training camp practice. The Ravens placed him on IR and missed five games.
Nov 5, 2021NFLInguinal Groin Pull Grade 1Bateman was questionable for the Week 9 game against the Vikings due to a groin injury.
Oct 2, 2022NFLPedal Lisfranc Sprain Bateman missed 2 games. He re-injured the foot in Week 8.

I don't think suffering a Lisfranc injury makes someone a bum. But man, I've seen this movie too many times. MJD back in the day. Cam Newton his last year with the Panthers. Joe Mixon two years ago.

At least with an ACL you know right away and can move on. "Foot sprains" almost always end up being teases. The guy never even goes on short-term IR, and he's talented enough that you don't feel like you can cut him (which thankfully is not the case with Bateman) so he clogs up your roster spot for a good chunk of the season but never ends up coming back

Total bum.

I kid. Really. I know it's flap's schtick, but very few of these guys are bums. This whole game of football is such a crapshoot now with how finely tuned these athletes have to be. Luck is involved. We're talking about the top one percent of the one percent. Amazing that anybody can even do this at all. I've been high on this guy since college, but his body has let him down a bit. He's never really been able to achieve a pro level of fitness for a long stretch of time. It's too bad. He seems like a good young man. Don't know what else to say.

I don't think suffering a Lisfranc injury makes someone a bum. But man, I've seen this movie too many times. MJD back in the day. Cam Newton his last year with the Panthers. Joe Mixon two years ago.

At least with an ACL you know right away and can move on. "Foot sprains" almost always end up being teases. The guy never even goes on short-term IR, and he's talented enough that you don't feel like you can cut him (which thankfully is not the case with Bateman) so he clogs up your roster spot for a good chunk of the season but never ends up coming back
Ravens doing everyone a favor by announcing season-ending surgery rather than dragging it out. Hope he can come all the way back and stay healthy going forward. I’d be willing to take a late-round flier on him next year. But I also imagine that, after the last couple years, Ravens will invest more resources in the position

Ravens WR Rashod Bateman (foot) will undergo season-ending Lisfranc surgery.​

Bateman finishes the year with 15 catches for 285 yards in five starts. This will certainly lock Mark Andrews in as an unchallenged TE1 every week that he plays, it also makes Devin Duvernay a more interesting roster in season-long. Finally, practice squad wideout DeSean Jackson could potentially challenge Baltimore's in-house receivers now that the trade deadline has come and gone without an addition. Jackson could have a path to fantasy relevance again. Bateman will be on the third year of his rookie deal in 2023 and given how late in the season this surgery is coming, it should not be taken for granted that he'll be ready for training camp.
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Nov 3, 2022, 3:34 PM ET

:bye:

Proche has been rather uninspiring but is he a better bet than Jackson? Not necessarily anything more than he's going to know more of the playbook and likely on the field in 2 wide sets.

made of glass apparently
That is a bit premature.
IIRC, he had issues last year w/injuries too, no?
Aug 10, 2021NFLInguinal Groin Strain Grade 2Bateman suffered a groin injury at training camp practice. The Ravens placed him on IR and missed five games.
Nov 5, 2021NFLInguinal Groin Pull Grade 1Bateman was questionable for the Week 9 game against the Vikings due to a groin injury.
Oct 2, 2022NFLPedal Lisfranc SprainBateman missed 2 games. He re-injured the foot in Week 8.
So weak in the groin?

Users who are viewing this thread